Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Mcrae

GreenLegRed

BLACK McRae ...who has the best ?

I am very interested to purchase a BLACK McRae that comes from a breeder / cocker who fights and wins with it. Who do you know is successfully using this breed ....any info on prices would be appreciated.

Any info on Payton Black McRae's ?
    I called Mel Sims...he does not sell his....so WHO HAS MEL SIMS BLACK who sells them ?
    Any info on R_Torres Black McRae's compared to a Mel Sims Black and/or Payton Black McRae?

Who has the best???

Hoping to purchase sometime Sept. - October.

thanks

wickedfroggie
    I will recommend R-TORRES, owned one of the best mcraes. I like blacks specially from hawaii. hawaiian cockers mostly breeds only blacks. best of the best. gud luck

VELCRO
    Call Hiacegamefarm "Domi Corpus" sanjose california

cell# 925-323-9336

GreenLegRed

R_TORRES

Thanks Wicky....

I heard or read from somewhere that he's got the original 4 Weber McRae's...but won't sell any pure. I wonder what he sells then ?

Mr. R_TORRES....hope to hear from you...If you don't sell pure....
    maybe if I will get only a stag or a pullet....then....you might consider selling a pure 4 weber since there's no way i can maintain a pure 4 weber with a stag or a pullet >

hope to hear from you....

THANKS WIX !

~Ace~
    Visit RJB Gamefarm There in Cali and have the Best Mcraes I have seen, Many wins at Mid America, Bayou and others. Great people also. ~Ace~

Yobe68

RJB gamefarm

ACE where in cali?

many thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Greenlegred , I do have The Mcraes you are talking about and they are winning in the best competition Hawaii has to offer , The guys ive sold my blacks to are winning in Guam and the P.I.also . I do not produce Fowl on a very large scale, this year I have about 400 or so biddies hatched off and thats the most I have ever produced .

I only sell a few pure fowl every year and they are not cheap.

You can see some of my Blacks in my gallery .

Mel Simms and I got our Mcraes from the same man but they are not bred the same . His are bred mostly for short knife I believe and are really aggresive .But they do do well in the LK.

Mine are a salto type fowl that will wait for there aponent to come in than go straight up . When they get a bird down then they get on em .

I should have a couple Trios ready to go after the moult so if you dont find any by then give me a hollar.

Im sure there are alot of good Mcreas out their . The thing is to find em , And then to get the person who has them to let them go .

Thanks for the faith in my fowl Wik, I do believe Mcrae sent his best fowl here to the Islands as well .

ALOHA,
    Richard Torres

Triple T Gamefarm

Tagalugin

Mcraes of Tagapo Farm

The Tagapo Hatch ....one of a kind

Bluebird's black massacre hatch
    Attached Images Attached Images

William Branum

Best in the World ???

I don't know if I have the best in the whole world, but I do have some that came DIRECT from Mr McRae when he was ONLY selling fowl for export only. I had a little inside help on getting mine. Mr. Noonan Gourtney was a close personal friend of Mr. McRae and he helped me get what was supposed to be the best. Anyway since 1975 I have competed with them all over the Southeastern U.S. and have had great results in long heels and long knife. Bitter game and really hate another cock. I have crossed them with Doc. Robinson Hatch and out of 15 cocks we had a 100% win record the first round and when the season ended last year we had several 2,3,4 and 2- 5 time winners. Now I don't know if they are the best in the world but I think they are among the best.........William

buhawi
    interesting cross..........cause i got doc robinson hatch from somebody in tennessee...........some of the most aggressive,hard shuffling hatch type i have seen..............trait that would compliment well ..........with almost same fighting style of..........mcraes..............

.offpsrings?........they are surely ..........the kamikaze type..........KILL OR GET KILLED

Post Thanks / Like
    If you wanna see the Macraes at their best try them crossed with Asil!!!!! Talk about a great cross for battle. This cross is deadly in gaff or knife. Graded down to a quarter Asil is about as deadly as they can get in the LK.. MIne crossed with the blueface and leiper are deadly in the gaff and short knife.

Post Thanks / Like

What bloodline is best to cross to black macrae

I have a trio of black macrae from e.g. walsh. medium station. the stag si super awsome. very powerfull and smart. I like to improve the station. can I breed him over my imported Jim Clem roundhead? Since they are both pure. are they going to throw tall station offspring...

WickedFrog
    hatches

louie1
    hatch

Post Thanks / Like
    if you want you can borrow the original hen that i bought to you. they are high in station besides they are your proven fowls. just my point of view.

ghetto_grappler
    hatch..take it from me experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your feedback guys!!! really appreciate it.

Benjamin, that's a thought, thank you. I will do that. let me know when are you ready. The record of that hen offspring is very good, 3 stag already a winner. the last one unscratched. 6 more to go...they all have promising future..they are heavily inbred already.. very accurate cutter and I am happy that your dad loves them...

take care ot them and they will take care of you..

orlando
    suggest you get a good station hatch cock and breed to your black hens and the mate the selected female offspring to your black broodcock.from there you could breedback until the hatch blood is almost breedout.

Post Thanks / Like

Hatch is a good cross

I like my Mcraes crossed with my Japs. AWESOME birds that have speed, style, smarts & cut deep, with every blow.

Never crossed the Roundheads with the Mcraes.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks againg guys.

Colt39 ok I believe you bec. my roundhead came from you. will email you and get a pair of 1/2 macrae and 1/2 jap. Do you sell half half or you sell pure.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both, just e-mail me & we can talk about it.

hiroundhead

McCRAES

HOW'BOUT ASIL GRADE. OR MAYBE 1/2 ASIL 1/2 JAP. ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see why not. A good Asil or a 1/2, just might produce awesome birds as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Colt39, a 3/4 macrae and 1/4 jap do you think will be good combination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jim , Howzit going .

Just wondering how long you have had your Mcraes and who you got them from ?

Post Thanks / Like

R. Torres

I got it from Ray Walsh just last october and he send me a trio of his seed fowls.. as of october the record for this black macrae is 23 wins one loss and one draw, the last time we talk, his macrae is unstoppable and its favorite victims are sweater.

I have never seen a 7 month old stag so smart. and not aggrsive like a typical black macrae. they throw a lot of feet without billhold.

Ray Walsh told me that this macrae came from hawaii. you can see the picture at my gallery.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pongipoint thats great news looks like you got some good Mcraes .

Ill take a look at your gallery . Alot of people dont think Blacks are good but you and I know whats up

Anyway I was just wondering were Jim Clem Got his and how long hes had em .

Post Thanks / Like
    If your mcrae's are that good, why cross? I would just keep fighting them pure if they throw that good of win percentage. But hatch is a good one to cross with. That's how Mel Sims came up with his blacks. They are bad. You could experiment with the roundhead cross. I've seen some rhxmcraes. They're pretty good. Uncle Clyde crosses some for his friend. They are a lighter color of black with centipede legs. Very fast and accurate. Also the rh, depending on the line, will help with breaking ability. Just cross it and see what happens.

28. Thanks jmtex thanked for this post
    ghetto_grappler
    i am now crossing the pure J.D. Perry hatch over 5 of my melsim hens...all i know is they better be good...

Just for the record when people say blacks are not good they just have not seen the good ones...just watched a derby here on guam and Blacks were dominating all i know is a good black can fly and bottom out

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Blacks my self.

R.Torres, how r u.

I have had them for about 10 years. The pic in my Avatar is a black Mcrae. They come Brownred colored to a black.

One side of them came from Romy Arciaga, the broker in Riverside & he never told me where that cock came from & I never asked. All i knew was he was an Awesome cock. I hauled a bunch of cocks down to him & he gave him to me to take back home. The other Mcrae side of them is a bit of a secret at this point. I have been developing them over these few years & I think that I have finally got them set as a family that can really get with it.

We have shown a few, crossed on my Japs & Brownreds & they are quit hard to beat.

hillsiderz, i may try putting a Roundhead cock over a couple hens, just to see if you are right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh . O.k. Jim , Just was wondering cause I havent seen them on your site and have only heard that you have them just recently .

Well I guess thats one more guy who knows what Mcraes can do .

You should see what the Red Mcraes can do Im sure you would like them as well .

To date the best cross I have ever made are the Red /Black crosses .

I fight mine pure and they do very good .

ALOHA