Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manfighters

cockfighter_199

Re: Manfighters

Quote Originally Posted by orion
    its true man fighters have bad habit, but also good ones, their strength is their weakness.

we had a black bonanza 7 time all derby winner.

pros: easy to condition, why they are never off, no need of medicine and easy to noticed if his ill or not. just give him enough rest his good on the go and your sure that he will fight for you till the end.

cons: hard to tame, prone to accident, danger to people. temper tempter that is what i call them.

conclusion: every bird has their own characteristics just like human you need to understand what they need and what makes them irritated.
    if you can live with them go and take care of them, if not better not to have one or else you will just lose your cool. remember they
    are animals not human their reasoning is not same as ours if you cannot understand them better to givehtem away or end up being like them.

just a cent of ipinion from a small time newbie backyard breeder
    i agree orion ive had a few mostle doc robinson and blueface hatch what i've had had been really bad manfighters their hard to tame but sometimes given time you can

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Manfighters

A manfighter will always be a manfighter, no matter how u try to them them. Its some sort of attitude problem towards any living thing in sight including humans.

a manfighter will not do well in the pits as his concentration will not be focused on his opponent but on people..I have seen a big percentage of these manfighters lose their fights due to this. BTW they are hard to train as all they will do is to try to strike you.
    The cooking pot is the best place for these mentally challenged cocks and you'd be a fool to breed him....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orion
    its true man fighters have bad habit, but also good ones, their strength is their weakness.

pros: easy to condition, why they are never off, no need of medicine and easy to noticed if his ill or not. just give him enough rest his good on the go and your sure that he will fight for you till the end.

cons: hard to tame, prone to accident, danger to people. temper tempter that is what i call them.

conclusion: every bird has their own characteristics just like human you need to understand what they need and what makes them irritated.
    if you can live with them go and take care of them, if not better not to have one or else you will just lose your cool. remember they
    are animals not human their reasoning is not same as ours if you cannot understand them better to givehtem away or end up being like them.

very well said i have gotten mad and killed several just because i didnt have the patience with them. not thier fault. i had to learn to adjust my attitude and look for tamer birds...

Post Thanks / Like

life is to sort to be eat up and beat on get u something you can enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

try mo hawakan lagi , pero yung pag hawak yung maayos hindi yung nasasaktan sila,, pag kukunin mo naman wag yung parang natatakot ka kasi yung isang kasama ko bago nya kunin dahan dahan nyan kinukuha at sa harapan pa nag mumula yung manok ang nangyayari pinapalo ng manok ang kamay ng kasama ko,,sa ngayon lahat ng manok ko wala ng manfighter, base on my own experience,, hope other will share morre on their own experience,,

Post Thanks / Like

manfighter are difficult to handle i saw a guy get his hand badly cut by a manfighter

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with most a the guys.. I have a few brook cocks that are border line and flat out man hater... The stags are winning line in P.I. in long knife.. Once culled to AAA class. I say 1/4 are trouble but handleable and 1/4 are watch em with eyes in the back a your head and other half are ok - no troubles... Yes with certain inject ables and vitamins it enhances the fathers traits of Man Fighter- Hater!!!! I really don't care cause they win allot...

Post Thanks / Like

I spent several hours a day working with one particular manfighter ,rubbing his ears , carrying him around in my arms. He finally came around . Then after 2 months or so ,I was nailing a board up in his pen and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. When I turned around he hit me in the balls knees and cracked one of knuckles. I kept him and everytime he won I was pleased, when he died I cut off his head to make sure he would'nt come back...I've tamed several that stayed that way but some are just crazy in the head but all did there job with passion and paid for their feed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renne211 View Post
    Cockmates,

Just want to ask a question regarding gamecocks that are called manfighters.
    In your experience with such gamebirds, how do you tame or solve this problem?
    Based on your observations and experiences, is it good/bad for a gamecock to have this trait? I was just beginning to breed gamefowls and the broodcock I acquired from a shipmate of mine is a manfighter. He sired 20 stags last year and so far, from his brood, 2 stags won and 1 lost in hackfights. However, said stags are also manfighters. Is the trait hereditary or is it the handlers fault that he cannot tame such birds. Maybe, you can share some information in taming the gamebirds. Thanks to all fellow gamefowl lovers and keep on cockin'

Renne211
    I believe that this trait are hereditary..i think they are what they called high strung..if they are that good in your hands..my suggestion is to look for a bloodline that are tamed to mate to..i have the same prob. w/ my 1st mating..most are manfighter too..i did not loose hope in looking for the right mate..i found a graded asil that cross well w/ it..so far,i have not seen any high strung stags from that breeding & i see them more focus in throwing their blow.
    Hope my little experience help you too.

Post Thanks / Like

Also,i have to much scar already in my arm from pecking..nakaka-pangit ng skin complexion..nakaka-bawas ng pogi points..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taga_Cebu View Post
    The funniest and scariest experience....

Here comes the fun part, when the sultador of the other rooster decided to get his rooster and instead of my roosters attention to the other rooster it focused on the people around him. The first sentenciador tried to get him but to no avail, then the more experience tried and he held to the tail and was about to pick him up with his other hand but he was holding money on that hand. . . So my rooster slipped and when he slipped, his hackles was standing showing fight and was about to strike. So the sentenciador turned his back and started running, so EVERYBODY inside started running, pushing and jumping out of the ruweda including me, where i jumped on people. Everybody was yelling to the other sultador to just throw his rooster at my rooster so that my rooster would stop chasing people and worst of all the fear that he might get out of the ruweda where he could really do great damage. So the other sultador in a rattle threw his rooster at mine, where mine got struck first badly but threw a flurry of shuffle back. The fight ended in a draw... But the laughter never ended that day... Until now, during the fiesta that story is retold over and over.
    Had a good laugh with Taga Cebu's anecdote. Bay, seen this happen a number of times during tigbakays (tupadas). Manfighters can be quite dangerous really, especially with the kind of gaffs we see nowadays. The manfighting trait is basically genetic-related and even the most patient of breeders or cockfighters can lose their cool. Since its genetic, the cocks can't help but be manfighters. Yes, with some luck and lots of patience, some can be "tamed". Best bet though: as much as possible, steer clear of manfighters. We don't need the aggravation.

Post Thanks / Like

My High Action Blueface Hatch is indeed a Manfighter. After he peck you a multiple kick comes after. It's disgusting but he's a multi winner and now in the breeding yard. Lately, I discovered a trick to handle him, whenever I go near to him I have a pullet at hand and he behaves well. Try it and might work to you too.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the inputs.
    being a newbie in cockfighting, this thread helped me a lot.
    I have a manfighter, i guess I will just have to put it to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGrey View Post
    I can not consider myself expert in taming manfighter fowls but i have tried some and got good results. That requires time and patience,and lots of it. But if you are too busy and do not have the patience in taming them, just send it to me. Just make sure it is a quality one.
    Rightly said!!!! The key word is "PATIENCE". I have had a lot of experience with manfighters and honestly speaking, I was able to tame them all. My system is to get this manfighter cock from his coop normally at dusk. Usually, they are tame at these hours. Do not use any light when getting them from their coop or pen. Give them continuous rubbing in their head, neck and body to soothen them. This way, you are getting their trust. At daytime, I use Frank Shy's (Narragansett) method wherein I start to get his trust and confidence by offering food from my hands. If he strikes, leave him and try again after a few hours.... You need real patience to do all these things... We backyard breeders cannot afford just to cull most specially if our manfighters are also winners and also producing offsprings that pile up W's for us.....

Post Thanks / Like

Over the years i have had many "high performance" bloodlines and it's really easy to thoswe to have a mean one in the bunch,,,,had very good luck breaking cocks after they have started getting mean,,,,i'll keep a 5 gal. bucket of water and i'll dip those cocks under water for a couple seconds and you'll be surprised how many i can get to come out of it,,,,,now some of them you'll never do anything with,,,,crazy mean but others on the bubble you can break those cocks,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with those who says its hereditary coz i had hens who would all produce high strung offsprings even though her mate was not a manfighter. but tame cocks will be manfighters if you dont handle them well especially during moult. they will develop trauma of being hurt everytime you try to handle them.

Post Thanks / Like

our bad experience and observation on manfighters they usually run when hit(but depends on the bloodline), and one thing its hard to condition it properly one factor you cant handle it properly when conditioning.. addition to it disadvantage when in hackfight the bird is already tired and stressed pecking and trying to fight over you while holding it on ulutan(finding a match).

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Manfighters

Quote Originally Posted by orion View Post

well said sir

Post Thanks / Like

i have a barnett which is a good fighter but he is a freaking manfighter as well...... ive tried doing all my best to tame this animal but to no avail........ last month we conditioned him for a 3 wins but i did not include him on the last selections......really i dont know what to do with this nokis

Post Thanks / Like

To Renne 211,

My friend, if that is a picture of the cock you received( the Mahogany Crow Wing) it is a Mahogany Warhorse and would pass as one of mine if someone showed me the picture.

Now my family started with Stones and received the darker Stones later and we interbred both strains as the Warhorse were simply a Stone with a Dark addition and a bit of Wellslager. Read Grit & Steel, June, 1921 Edition under 'Old Swash' Warhorse. My great aunt, the family historian gave me every part and parcel of the information on these fowls (Bank Notes 1800's, seals for waxing letters with a cock etc) and they have been in my family for about 150 years and to a feather, they are all manfighters and I would not have them any other way. That said, they will fight another cock first if one is around.

Manfighting tends to go hand in hand with powerful tremendous shuffling strains and you will notice that once you have the bird in hand he does not struggle but will bite, another trait of purity. I should not let the secret out as to how to handle a manfighter but you Sabong blokes seem like a decent lot. Get long full leather garden gloves, elbow length preferably and if you can't buy them pay someone to make thick leather elbow length gloves. I don't need them but advise new comers to get them as it makes their relationship with the fowl better. I simply catch the bird as he shuffles towards me and every time in hand give his head a quick dunk in a water trough. I mean quick and don't go overboard. Now have a few hens nearby and after that throw him to hens you want to mate. Believe it or not but the pleasure verses discomfort eventually wins out. Later you can simply open his pen and he will run gladly past you, jump a hen and have a small stick in hand to guide him, don't hit him back into his pen. You become his ally in the game of life! The process takes a couple of weeks to reinforce the behaviour.

Happy sparring,
    Tzvi

Post Thanks / Like

kalimitan nga pag nag ko-kondisyon tau kahit ndi manfighter eh lumalaban sa tao kasi hype sila pag kinukundisyon.... isipin na lang natin kapag talagang manfighter ang panlaban eh baka maubos ang ating pasensya.. kutakutakot na palo ang aabutin mo ilalabas mo pa lang sa kulungan...

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, what I am trying to say is you would probably term my fowl manfighters because they will give you a bite in hand but do not struggle.

From what blokes say, they would term mine manfighters but a 'true' manfighter will ignore another cock and want to fight you. Mine are what you would term manfighters and a lot of Hatch & Warhorse got that reputation when they fell into the hands of small breeders. I have never had a TRUE Manfighter and there is a big difference!

If he will go for you when he sees another cock, cull him.

Hope this makes sense.
    Tzvi

Post Thanks / Like

Had several manfighter's, when sparring if the stag or cock concentrated on the other stag or cock, I kept him, if he was more interested in me than the other rooster I would cull him. Most manfighter's respond to routine, getting water, feed, sitting roost poles etc. what ever you do with these type of rooster be gentle but if you step in the pen it's on (usually)

24. Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Handle them in the night when it is dark to tame um Me and my partners use a string on the leg and with a hook pull string up to make them off balanced scoop the rooster between the legs, to grab a MANEATER don't use your hands they will always drill your hand. They will get used to the hook, I had a nine time winner MANEATER no training just Rotation and health good luck
    WILL NOT WORK FOR EVERYBODY
    JUST OPINION WITH MY. EXPERIENCE

Post Thanks / Like

very educational, manfighters are hard to keep...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blade_spec View Post
    some gamebirds can be tame..but there are others that cannot...
    it is their blood....just like our doc robinson...he's so mean that nobody dares to touch him except me and my father....but still we love and respect him...

me and my partner have a doc robinson kelso cross and i think he is bipolar one minute he is tryin to flog you as ur gettin him out of the pen the next minute u can walk up n pet him like a house cat haha

Accredited Merchant tjtcokngacademy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renne211 View Post
    Cockmates,

Just want to ask a question regarding gamecocks that are called manfighters.
    In your experience with such gamebirds, how do you tame or solve this problem?
    Based on your observations and experiences, is it good/bad for a gamecock to have this trait? I was just beginning to breed gamefowls and the broodcock I acquired from a shipmate of mine is a manfighter. He sired 20 stags last year and so far, from his brood, 2 stags won and 1 lost in hackfights. However, said stags are also manfighters. Is the trait hereditary or is it the handlers fault that he cannot tame such birds. Maybe, you can share some information in taming the gamebirds. Thanks to all fellow gamefowl lovers and keep on cockin'

Renne211
    Man-fighter is an undesirable behavior among our chickens. Some breeds are known to produce man-fighters among their offsprings while others come up with even-tempered ones. Chickens are not of the first animals to be domesticated by man. This domestication has resulted in the fact that most gamecocks no longer regard humans as their predators. Man is their provider (of food and water), but seldom will a caretaker or cocker hurt his beloved gamecock, the same way a dog or a snake or an eagle would. Thus, the gamecock knows that he can peck and shuffle a human with no detrimental repercussions. To lessen man-fighting among your fowl, breed only those which are of "level temperament". Don't place them in areas where a lot of people pass by which can irritate them. Certainly, avoid rough handling your roosters. A manfighter is very difficult to handle and train during the keep. Let's keep this in mind that a mindfighter is difficult to handle and train during the keep.
    TJT Cocking Academy

Post Thanks / Like

its a matter of like it or leave it (cull) maybe infusing them to a tamed mate you might have a lesser wild cocks

Post Thanks / Like

not worth keeping them even if they turn out to be the best in your yard. Think of the consequences of maintaining them and, more so, conditioning his offsprings for battle (if he does pass on this bad trait).

I believe, in my own experience, that it is hereditary 90% of the time, but then again, rearing, environment and the other physical factors contribute in making this trait come out with some fowls. Environment (in general) can bring out the worse in every fowl (be it physically or mentally) and i have learned this out of experience.

i think that handling them would not make them tamer, if they are indeed "nasty" from the very beginning. It would mellow them down probably for just a few moments, but being in top-condition, i doubt if they will keep still without pecking hard at you, let alone trying to break free from your graps just to be able to hit you. Just imagine trying to condition them to the best of your abilities..."feeling" them, giving them "light workouts", feeding them to say the least.

I am actually thankful to quite a number of them. They taught me how to handle fowls properly without hurting either them (my priority) or myself. I should admit that they have made me as patient and as resilient as i am when it comes to excessive pecking/hitting..etc . My baptism of fire came when i was 8-9 years of age and my older brother insisted that i took care of the single meanest one we had in our small yard decades back. He told me that if i was able to "care" for him properly, concentrated on him in particular, then all the rest of them would be as easy as "chicken feed" to handle....which came out true for me personally.

Post Thanks / Like

in my experience i have a BC which is a manfighter, and the offspring are manfighter as well, i observed the traits during their stag days, until a year old, I gave up my manfighter BC after all.it is additional job in the farm to tame those rooster, although they fought well, but Safety is also a consideration in raising roosters especially on the pit.
    Last edited by ambermatic; October 23rd, 2011 at 05:43 PM.