Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammy Ramsey Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sammy Ramsey Grey

Can someone tell me about this line? Fighting style and etc. Who owns authentic sammy ramsey grey here in the phils? How is it compared to larry carter grey?

2. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sammy Ramsey Grey

Last edited by Benjov; March 5th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Roy,
    These fowls cannot win in the P.I fighting. They are too short, too slow and just too dumb to fight our type of fighting. Now if it were the gaff then its a differnt story. Basically I CULLED every Ramsey Grey I produced from the Ramsey mating. Just cannot pass my standards.

Just my honest opinion sorry if I offended anyone.

Victor

5. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

his greys are regular grey they are more of a gaff shortknife type of bird.

7. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888, Q2Farms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the greys sammy has are 3/4 grey and bred back to 3/4 blueface hatch side then bred back to 3/4 grey side, I heard they come grey red from both sides. He is good in the keep is where it is and a fowl from him would not even win for someone eles a true cocker that has an edge on the rest. thats how it is told to me from very good source.

9. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Tadpole, if I didn't misunderstand, your sayin the fowl are mediocre and Ramsey is simply a master in the cockhouse. Assuming that is so why would an individual with such knowledge and talent continue to stick with mediocre fowl?

11. Likes Yunke8888, Chanticleer liked this post
    Tayud Consolacion Cebu/Ponsun Island,Land of the Orient Pearl Phils. /Dammam KSA
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Sammy Ramsey Grey

As I understood mostly a dumb or mediucor fowl is a good foundation blood,If he aint good enough I will surely pick him as my choice...But when he fight superb will he is not the one Im looking for....I learn this from the late Emoy G.

Tayud Consolacion Cebu/Ponsun Island,Land of the Orient Pearl Phils. /Dammam KSA
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Sammy Ramsey Grey

Quote Originally Posted by redowl115
    As I understood mostly a dumb or mediucor fowl is a good foundation blood,If he aint good enough I will surely pick him as my choice...But when he fight superb will he is not the one Im looking for....I learn this from the late Emoy G.

Mediocre fowl is what I am looking at...coz I saw what is inside him...Some breeder dont have an eye for that.....

14. Likes Krackers Koop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by delano77
    So Tadpole, if I didn't misunderstand, your sayin the fowl are mediocre and Ramsey is simply a master in the cockhouse. Assuming that is so why would an individual with such knowledge and talent continue to stick with mediocre fowl?
    lol, they can win and cutt or he would not be the best in the states, but i hear cockers get same fowl and loose like more than average. He had a doctor from phillipenes teach him his keep and he offers it to all but the last few days as I here. I wish I knew I would not tell lol, but I do know one fowl will not respond to the same keep as other fowl this man understands his fowl and the keep that is the best for them. If that is any help good luck with it, I am sure it was not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Roy,
    These fowls cannot win in the P.I fighting. They are too short, too slow and just too dumb to fight our type of fighting. Now if it were the gaff then its a differnt story. Basically I CULLED every Ramsey Grey I produced from the Ramsey mating. Just cannot pass my standards.

Just my honest opinion sorry if I offended anyone.

Victor
    my friend has a high win percentage in american and s.k shows so maybe the greys u have were not the good sammy ramsey ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolando84 View Post
    my friend has a high win percentage in american and s.k shows so maybe the greys u have were not the good sammy ramsey ...
    Victor is right. Sammy's greys can't win in the longknife in PI. We bought a trio handpicked from Sammy wayback 2004, sent them to Bacolod breed & fight them in the long knife, they can't win. So we don't use them anymore. We culled all the offspring.
    cabros

Post Thanks / Like

nice thread!
    well appreciated if they can post pics of those sammy ramsey grey!

Post Thanks / Like

from my experience over 35+ years you can not put all cocks through the same keep.my roundheads do better straight out of the fly pens just point them.while my others require a little more attention. jmo.

20. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes jncblas, Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

or videos as well to see their fighting style!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
    lol, they can win and cutt or he would not be the best in the states, but i hear cockers get same fowl and loose like more than average. He had a doctor from phillipenes teach him his keep and he offers it to all but the last few days as I here. I wish I knew I would not tell lol, but I do know one fowl will not respond to the same keep as other fowl this man understands his fowl and the keep that is the best for them. If that is any help good luck with it, I am sure it was not.
    WTF !??! ... A Fillipino Dr. tought Mike Ramsey how to condition birds !!????!!.... Cant wait to call him this weekend and let him in on this news... oh the stuff you read on this board sometimes lol

23. Thanks Raisincity thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by delano77 View Post
    It's called Winning....ask anyone who's met them

25. Thanks Raisincity thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent alot of time bull****ting with mike never ask him about his keep but ill let you know what i think i would not have his fowl but his fowl and him work great togather, his birds getting trained by him are very hard to beat; in the gaff. I would not use them for the knife short or long, but you can never ever take there record at sunset from them, an no one can out work that kid in the cockhouse. It would take 3-4 reg. Chicken guys to do what he does. I said reg. Chicken guy too. HES GOT A SYSTEM AND IT WORKS FOR HIM AND HIS FOWL. THATS ALL U NEED TO DO IS CLICK AS A TEAM.
    Last edited by ROUND HEAD MAN; November 11th, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

27. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes jncblas, Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROUND HEAD MAN View Post
    I spent alot of time bull****ting with mike never ask him about his keep but ill let you know what i think i would not have his fowl but his fowl and him work great togather, his birds getting trained by him are very hard to beat; in the gaff. I would not use them for the knife short or long, but you can never ever take there record at sunset from them, an no one can out work that kid in the cockhouse. It would take 3-4 reg. Chicken guys to do what he does. I said reg. Chicken guy too. HES GOT A SYSTEM AND IT WORKS FOR HIM AND HIS FOWL. THATS ALL U NEED TO DO IS CLICK AS A TEAM.
    Sammy is hard to bet in gaff. We fought against him in gaff at DO OK when it was still open, we fought a cross of cowan/brunner roundhead against his grey, ang we lost after almost an hour fyt in the drag pit.
    But in the short knife when Sunset was still open we were match against him ang we won easy against him using our y/l maclean handled by Marty Vasser.
    cabros

29. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard up in the hills he cant buy one now. Im also told most of the greys now you have to chase em down to get ur heels back. Just what I heard now dont come after me with pitch forks lol. I think they hit a nick with those greys at one time. Ive seen them personally at the pit in my area in a 6 cock and fought like crap this was when they was winning alot at sunset.

31. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly I heard they started with a half and half and just started breeding from there we all know how far we can go with that!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy wasnt taught by no filipino dr. im here to tell you. Im his great nephew. There are lots of people that know more than me but this is not true. Now sammys dad, Sam O Dear(my great grandfather) went through mike ratcliffs school in 1971. I dont know if this had any influence on his keep or not, but thats the facts.

34. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BlackValley, I guess they took it alot farther than most. If his birds are so easy now I guess some mains would be in order. I believe he would be the favorite MOST of the time still to this day. BTW if me or anyone else set down as many as him in a season your bound to have one sull up IMO. Not picking on anyone just saying so don't be offended please. YFIS

36. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

larry carters greys are bates greys. green or even blue legged, high breaking fowl but also have bottom. bred more for the lk. and cross well with other breeds.

38. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know sammy that well and dont have any reason to say this but if they havin to run them down to get the heels it aint the same greys ive seen win two different two day meets this past season with one loss in four days of showin not bad for runners

40. Thanks Yunke8888, SURUHANU671 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

when they fight them they win alot more than they lose and they win from gamness come from behind wins ive been watching them along time and they are as good as it gets i took home a rooster i watched win he was in the drag over a hour beat my friends cock i could belive he won once we got him home he wouldnt face another cock them biys have figured something out that makes there roosters so hard to kill they dish out a little with alot of power and cant take it all day with out bleeding or getting hurt but if you buy something from them it will be junk dont matter what weapon i admire them men as much aas someonr could but i would have ther fowl i even havee there keep and some thing is missing from it

42. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwoodall View Post
    them biys have figured something out that makes there roosters so hard to kill they dish out a little with alot of power and cant take it all day with out bleeding or getting hurt
    That's the closest to the straight story that I've ever seen written or heard spoken on the Ramsey's success. Let me say upfront that I met the Ramseys twice, was 1 & 1, and considered myself fortunate. That's not to imply that I was on their level. They fought more cocks in two weeks than I fought in a year.

After you've been in the gaff game awhile, you come to know which areas of a cock's body result in an immediate kill: the sweet spots. There is only a handful of such spots on a cock's body.

The first time I ever met the Ramsey's, when we pitted, I immediately moved to the side so I could see what was going on. My cock reached into Michael's cock and touched the spot under and adjoining where the wing does into the body. That's a sweet spot because it normally takes out at least one chamber of the heart.

It took thirty minutes for the Ramsey's cock to die with my cock constantly putting the hurt on him, and I mean serious hurt. My cock wouldn't let up and was cutting to the hollow. Michael's cock never bled a drop and I KNOW that he had lost at least one chamber of his heart. That's not natural.

If you watched them fight over the years, they constantly did that. It was not difficult to touch a Ramsey's cock where you wanted to but their cock's never took cutting like a typical deep game cock. It wasn't natural.

I've always wondered why no one has pointed that out, that I've seen or heard.

44. Thanks El Rey, Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

we have beat them and been beat by them ive never saw them show a runner i know top real rooster men that would pay thousands to know what they use ive heard they give embalming fluid and ive also heard it was dexamethzone i dont know what it is but it works for them they win atleast 3 big derbies every year usally 2 day derbies at the toughest places they are real roostermen and that is all there is to it there are only a few men i dont want to go to the drag against and that is sammy ,mule train,bama sports hatch greys ,jeff peirce and gary and rat if you meet one of them get it over with quick or bring your luunch

46. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888, SURUHANU671 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

he prolly has some he fights and some he sales just like alot of breeders

Post Thanks / Like

no i kknow the man that breeds most of there fowl there all out of the same pens but selection is every thing but ive took home one after he fought it and it was junk to me but he beat a great cock with him ther spanged mcleans came from bill bumgarner and they are honest fowl bill and jack won alot with them and bills hatch blood is in alot of peoples these days the ramseys dont work a real job there cockfightser through and through and no matter what there fowl does for any one else my hat is off to them im honered to have ever stood next to them

49. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes El_Gavilancillo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When John L. Sullivan walked into a bar, it was reported that he said "I'm John L. Sullivan and I can whip any SOB in the place!" Men would line up just for the privilege of saying they had been knocked out by Sullivan.

It was similar anytime you stepped foot into the pit with Michael. You can't help but respect them. When you compare what the Ramseys did from the time Michael came of age, there isn't another feeder within the past 100 years that can compare.

51. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes SURUHANU671, gapman liked this post