Thread: What's d difference of Ray Alexander to Dan Gray Roundhead?

Post Thanks / Like

What's d difference of Ray Alexander to Dan Gray Roundhead?

Just a simple short answer you can possibly share. What really is the big difference to the fighting style and ability of the Ray Alexander Roundhead to the Dan Gray Roundheads?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's d difference of Ray Alexander to Dan Gray Roundhead?

i mean no disrepects to these breeders as they have bred chikens before i was thought of and have great acomplishments but i will state my experience and be truthfull others may differ and have a diffrent side but then again just stating my experiences and not making a a fight the alexanders ive seen fought had one thing in common they were exceptional cutters would win in one pitting at times had good power a little more speed then the dan gray round heads smarter then the dans but there down fall is they aint game enough if they get into a hard fight they sull and somtimes run .the dans have great power not really smart break high when they want to but often choose to fight on the ground strictky indside fighters highly agressive definately game fight harder when hurt and are to me the better of the 2 yis roland aloha
    Last edited by sweaterkiller; March 6th, 2008 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweaterkiller
    i mean no disrepects to these breeders as they have bred chikens before i was thought of and have great acomplishments but i will state my experience and be truthfull others may differ and have a diffrent side but then again just stating my experiences and not making a a fight the alexanders ive seen fought had one thing in common they were exceptional cutters would win in one pitting at times had good power a little more speed then the dan gray round heads smarter then the dans but there down fall is they aint game enough if they get into a hard fight they sull and somtimes run .the dans have great power not really smart break high when they want to but often choose to fight on the ground strictky indside fighters highly agressive definately game fight harder when hurt and are to me the better of the 2 yis roland aloha
    nice info sir. thanks. i have halfhalf RARHmclean pullet now in the b yard. hope that the down side of this strain can be corrected.

how about the difference of allen and lacy? any one knows here? please share with us tnx

Post Thanks / Like

as for the will allen round heads and lacy fowl they are very similiar in traits they fight smart and cut well it all depends were you get them from as ray alexanders are lacy blood the lacy round heads are highly agressive fowl i can name some breeders that i have bought brood from and ill start of with the lacys i got my stock from mr sam yurk greenwood arkansas and also cristian nguyen enblanc farms mareitta southcarolina the yurk lacy are bassically carl davis blood the ones i had were very agressive yet had quick recoil and super atletics they were bred for gaffs but i fought them in lk in hawaii the lacys are an all around bird and will add speed to a cross they blend well with other fowl mainly kelso and hatch sam urged me to cross them to his law greys but iam not a grey man but that cross is consistent with lacy anyhow the allen round heads are acctually part of the make up of the original lacy fowl that is why i stated they are similiar in traights professor george woods had a seminar in talahoma alabama and my breeder freind was present as this was a seminar for chicken sexing his name is dr randell d herring he had told me that mr woods shared breeding books of his uncle ernest with the cocking fraternity that present day at this seminar he had told me the original mating of lacy was 1/2 jim durea white hackle 1/4 dave mahony gull/1/4 will allen round head as to what allen round line was used in this present mating was not stated as will had several lines he called allens with mixtures of dr saunders asil as well as grist grady matings anyhow the lacy round heads were carried on by several well known breeders continued

Post Thanks / Like

hugh norman was one of them hugh was a ahead of his time and was a breeder who believed in game fowl genetics his lacy were sought after year after year and was one of the main men in this circle of lacy breeders carl davis mr woods they shared the same lines but hugh bred morgan white hackle into his.I got a pair of round heads from a mr wayne mayfield silverton texas that were marked right out he told me they came from a man named hugh rudd but were the old line normans they fought almost the same as the yurks but were higher staioned bigger boned and came either orange hackled or a dark cherry red with two white streamers if you want exceptional lacy this man has some of the best i recommend him anyhow ,getting back to sam yurk lacys sam had told me that i would get a yellow legged one out of his pen 2 as what he called em he said it was a trough back from the albany claret present in the davis lacys he instructed me to breed the yellow leg back into the white leg fammiliey as they would bring more power to the line itself i did he was indeed true he told me his lacy would trow straight comb as i bred them pure i never got one but when bred to hugh norman right outs i had some straight combed the lacys are rough chikens with alot of speed they are very athletic and an all around bird.as for the will allens i would say they are not as agressive as the lacys but are way smarter most allens are stylers grounders and single strokers they seldom have machine gun feet as the lacys will trow ten times more then there barrage so that is why i feel ernest lacy added only a 1/4 of will allen to his line so that it would keep the lacy smarter without sacrificing speed from the typical white hackle blood that was in them as white hackles are responsible for the fire power in the red fowl yesterday and today continued

Post Thanks / Like

the will allens i have never got any but freinds ive known loved them and heres what i experienced allens will come white and yellow legged pea combed they will also come pumkin red in color because of the red quill in them from grist grady lines ,they will also trow blue legged pullets coming from grist grady the allen round heads are side steppers and single strokers but some will trow some feet they cut well and the hens will come pale faced a widely known traight in allens my freinds got there allens from danny gibson gator creek farms in florida and also junior vandenburg oklahoma they are great cutters and to me are best for gaffs the lacy are better suited for knifes in my oppinon because they are very ath;etic and trow alot of feet with there trade mark style heads back legs out front reaching yis roland aloha

expressdelivery

thanks for the post
    that verified what i know and learned about this bloodline
    as they used to be dark legged at the very start
    and that judge lacy had infused some whitehackle blood
    to improve them and hence gave them the white shanks
    and eventually bred away from the whitehackle
    that explains also that sometimes throwback straightcomb in roundhead
    is probably from whitehackle
    wewwwwwwwwwwww.......thanks again for your post

as for the will allen round heads and lacy fowl they are very similiar in traits they fight smart and cut well it all depends were you get them from as ray alexanders are lacy blood the lacy round heads are highly agressive fowl i can name some breeders that i have bought brood from and ill start of with the lacys i got my stock from mr sam yurk greenwood arkansas and also cristian nguyen enblanc farms mareitta southcarolina the yurk lacy are bassically carl davis blood the ones i had were very agressive yet had quick recoil and super atletics they were bred for gaffs but i fought them in lk in hawaii the lacys are an all around bird and will add speed to a cross they blend well with other fowl mainly kelso and hatch sam urged me to cross them to his law greys but iam not a grey man but that cross is consistent with lacy anyhow the allen round heads are acctually part of the make up of the original lacy fowl that is why i stated they are similiar in traights professor george woods had a seminar in talahoma alabama and my breeder freind was present as this was a seminar for chicken sexing his name is dr randell d herring he had told me that mr woods shared breeding books of his uncle ernest with the cocking fraternity that present day at this seminar he had told me the original mating of lacy was 1/2 jim durea white hackle 1/4 dave mahony gull/1/4 will allen round head as to what allen round line was used in this present mating was not stated as will had several lines he called allens with mixtures of dr saunders asil as well as grist grady matings anyhow the lacy round heads were carried on by several well known breeders continued

Post Thanks / Like

acctually sir the round heads are very heavy in white hackle blood they were bred to oriental and then inbred resulting to the pea comb side as asils were used in allens from dr saunders are dominate in pea comb blood the round heads are bassically a watered down oriental as the bloods that were infused in lacys were majority straight comb fammlies of irish white hackles except forthe Jim durea fowl new york his white hackles known as the boston round head was the main ingrediant in lacy fowl ,dave mahoney the gulls were white hackles another ingrediant in lacy,the allen roundhead bassicaly an asil grade as we call them today. i have read old articals pertaining to the durea fowl that they were white hackles from ireland but were pea comb white legs and dark bb reds.there after the round heads were blended in the circle of breeders each of them with the same blood yet containing more white hackle blood as george woods gave carl davis an albany claret round head pullets as a result of losing the original lines his uncle gave him. Carl davis was the protoge of the judge and had the pure stuff meaning no claret albany influence and bred his pure round head cock to the woods blend resulting in a nick mating carried on untill now . the george lays, carl davis,hugh normans, and woods. The albany is also a whitehackle as well as the claret it just goes to show that the men behind these breedings were supperior in there breedings as to setting them as a strain and making them pea combs yis roland
    Last edited by sweaterkiller; March 7th, 2008 at 12:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you verry much mr. sweaterkiller. i learnd something great from you. about RH.now i know y my rh straight RH lacy/allen come straight comb.
    http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...twinkle002.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing this great info on alexander roundheads...

Best.

Post Thanks / Like

dg rh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emplong
    thank you verry much mr. sweaterkiller. i learnd something great from you. about RH.now i know y my rh straight RH lacy/allen come straight comb.
    http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...twinkle002.jpg
    the first phot was taken when my lacy allen is only 9 mos old. now his latest pix. hes a 3 yo now. and waiting for hios new owner.

Post Thanks / Like

the DG rhds are still Lacy's but w/ a touch of claret in them......

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: What's d difference of Ray Alexander to Dan Gray Roundhead?

both of them has a claret blood but diff. type of claret.....one is using griffen claret one is using madigin claret.and other cross is hatch or whitehackle....blood........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raul_1
    both of them has a claret blood but diff. type of claret.....one is using griffen claret one is using madigin claret.and other cross is hatch or whitehackle....blood........
    the alexander lacy has an infusion of his democrat hatch blood in them.... if you have the authentic ones the family will throw a blue legged pullet ones in a while and only the pullet will come out blue legged
    Last edited by hope1126; February 7th, 2010 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hope1126 View Post
    the alexander lacy has an infusion of his democrat hatch blood in them.... if you have the authentic ones the family will throw a blue legged pullet ones in a while and only the pullet will come out blue legged
    thank you sir for the info. So with the dash of claret in its genes, is it also natural for a pure ray alexander rh to produce Straightcomb offsprings once in a while?