Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 81

Thread: Gowdy Japs

  1. #31
    Cyberfriends EPG5 Backyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by colt39 View Post
    Don't look for the name, look for the ones that can produce fowl that can win.
    And I know you have them COLT39 . I hope you will be back for the next WSC to take the 1st spot this time. Awesome job being the runner up the last time. I love seeing those dark Sweater killers .

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC/Batangas
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Epg5 backyard so you are now in Manila? Or maybe on the way. Enjoy your chickens and have a relaxing vacation. I envy you as I am still stuck here in the east coast. I intend to visit mr. Clem's farm in Oregon when we go to Seattle. I hope it is possible mr. Colt 39.

  3. #33
    Member CA_Gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by colt39 View Post
    Don't look for the name, look for the ones that can produce fowl that can win.

    i agree!

  4. #34
    Member james1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    I agree breed winners not names, how were the birds graded to get to that very impressive score. 1/2 1/4 fis

  5. #35
    Member ivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Gowdys




  6. #36
    Member 3MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Beautiful fowls Guys.Good ones KNIFEROOSTER

  7. #37
    Cyberfriends EPG5 Backyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by biak na bato View Post
    Epg5 backyard so you are now in Manila? Or maybe on the way. Enjoy your chickens and have a relaxing vacation. I envy you as I am still stuck here in the east coast. I intend to visit mr. Clem's farm in Oregon when we go to Seattle. I hope it is possible mr. Colt 39.
    Yes Sir I got here late last night. It's now Saturday afternoon. I had a wonderful time playing with the chicken all morning . The COWAN RH cock shuffled me 4 times before I finally got a hold of him and then he pecked me several times , but that's ok 'coz I got to experience how powerful he hits. This is what happens when they are not handled regularly.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Bigtyny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by ivin View Post
    Gowdys



    nice do you get all the colors from one batch

  9. #39
    Senior Member aemartinez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    jap

  10. #40
    Senior Member aemartinez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    jap

  11. #41
    Senior Member sucess gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    if any what are the diffrent in the red and blk ones if any maybe they nick better to diffrent lines?

  12. #42
    Senior Member competitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    EASTERN "P"...
    Posts
    6,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    jim clem japs.....








    the father of the 3 stags above...

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by competitor View Post
    jim clem japs.....








    the father of the 3 stags above...
    Now that top bird is beautiful, that is the only look I like in Orientals, great bird.

  14. #44
    Senior Member competitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    EASTERN "P"...
    Posts
    6,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by delpsflock View Post
    Now that top bird is beautiful, that is the only look I like in Orientals, great bird.

    thanks for the compliment sir!....

  15. #45
    Senior Member colt39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by sucess gamefarm View Post
    if any what are the diffrent in the red and blk ones if any maybe they nick better to diffrent lines?
    The Red ones are actually the little red Tojo's (Asil) & not Japs.

  16. #46
    Senior Member blackdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by colt39 View Post
    The Red ones are actually the little red Tojo's (Asil) & not Japs.
    I fought against Sam in two states a few times. He was a real good guy.
    I was only at Sam's place one time but while I was there he did have some red oriental chickens that looked more asil that he called japs but he also had some red japs that looked more Shamo or Malay type.

    I know a guy that traded chickens with Sam over a 25 year period. He has Sam's red and black japs both and the red japs he has look more Shamo/Malay. I also know a guy in Illinois that has Sam's red japs direct and they look more like little asils.

    A guy in Washington has the Gowdy's and they look more asil, I haven't talked to him. He has posted pics of them here and other sites. They look real nice.

    I think that Sam tried and went through a few jap families like Boles did with various asil and orientals families playing around with them and always looking for some good ones.

  17. #47
    Senior Member colt39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath View Post
    I fought against Sam in two states a few times. He was a real good guy.
    I was only at Sam's place one time but while I was there he did have some red oriental chickens that looked more asil that he called japs but he also had some red japs that looked more Shamo or Malay type.

    I know a guy that traded chickens with Sam over a 25 year period. He has Sam's red and black japs both and the red japs he has look more Shamo/Malay. I also know a guy in Illinois that has Sam's red japs direct and they look more like little asils.

    A guy in Washington has the Gowdy's and they look more asil, I haven't talked to him. He has posted pics of them here and other sites. They look real nice.

    I think that Sam tried and went through a few jap families like Boles did with various asil and orientals families playing around with them and always looking for some good ones.
    Sam told me that the little ones were the tojos. The big red ones very well may be some type of jap.

    I only had the black and the little red ones which were very good ails.

  18. #48
    Senior Member sucess gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    I bought a dozen eggs and hatched out 7 but one didnt make it so im left with 6 I still think 6 is a good start to begin with. I ordered them from Mr. JP this is my first time raising Japs they look nice i got some that where marked on the egg 1, 2, 3, from diffrent brood pen I got a few of each.



    jpfowl.com. Breeding Black and Allen Roundhead gamefowl

  19. #49
    Senior Member Hotcocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    1,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    I like the looks of them lil black japs better and better all along Jim, but I know that them melvilles are quick strokin lil jokers, id be proud to have either in my yard but if I had to choose I guess Id lean on the pretty black japs as I know they about the same class if not the same as the asils with a lil better look.. no one in my area really in the asil game, talk about gettin a leg up lol

  20. #50
    Member Esjero Farm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Is the Gowdy Japs best to be crossed bred than fight pure in LK (Philippines)??? What traits of a bloodline needed to infuse the Gowdy Japs????

  21. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by sucess gamefarm View Post
    I bought a dozen eggs and hatched out 7 but one didnt make it so im left with 6 I still think 6 is a good start to begin with. I ordered them from Mr. JP this is my first time raising Japs they look nice i got some that where marked on the egg 1, 2, 3, from diffrent brood pen I got a few of each.



    jpfowl.com. Breeding Black and Allen Roundhead gamefowl
    I bought from this guy and he sent me eggs but they come broken, he said it was an experimental packaging that's why plenty broke. So he said to me that he will replace it, but till today I keep reaching him and he will not reply on my email but i always see him online on chat. He also said he will refund me but still no response.

  22. #52
    Member Esjero Farm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    His website is down or has been closed down.... please let us know what happend/update on your trasaction to him for future references.....



    Quote Originally Posted by Nico31 View Post
    I bought from this guy and he sent me eggs but they come broken, he said it was an experimental packaging that's why plenty broke. So he said to me that he will replace it, but till today I keep reaching him and he will not reply on my email but i always see him online on chat. He also said he will refund me but still no response.

  23. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by sucess gamefarm View Post
    I bought a dozen eggs and hatched out 7 but one didnt make it so im left with 6 I still think 6 is a good start to begin with. I ordered them from Mr. JP this is my first time raising Japs they look nice i got some that where marked on the egg 1, 2, 3, from diffrent brood pen I got a few of each.



    jpfowl.com. Breeding Black and Allen Roundhead gamefowl
    Mr Pelham (japfoowl are not a honest guy , we trade a pair of my red Gowdy jap I send very nice and healthy red Gowdy pair , he send the a ugly comb trimmed crossed cock ,and one very sorry unhealthy pullet ,he toll me they are the best japs around the world . we do not keep them ,give for free to a children for pets.

  24. #54
    Senior Member Darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    do any of you guys know and guy by the name of roderick walker or scooter aka chicken man from texas that sells sam gowdy japs? any info on this guy?

  25. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    up for the black japs lovers .............................

  26. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    JIM Clem straight bred Japs




  27. #57
    Member McDaddyMcrae808's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    oahu
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    very nice japs everyone there looking good

  28. #58
    Senior Member hope1126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    my Pure Jim Clem Jr
    Black Jap Brood cock

  29. Thanks jtg thanked for this post
    Likes Reaper liked this post
  30. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by hope1126 View Post
    my Pure Jim Clem Jr
    Black Jap Brood cock
    You got a nice pure JC japs there sir...

  31. #60
    Senior Member hope1126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gowdy Japs

    Quote Originally Posted by xbox00x View Post
    You got a nice pure JC japs there sir...
    thank you sir

Similar Threads

  1. JAPs-Sam Gowdy
    By EPG5 Backyard in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: June 1st, 2013, 01:34 AM
  2. Indian games..sam Gowdy Japs..ect:
    By lungbuster in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: November 6th, 2012, 12:55 AM
  3. Gowdy japs!
    By Muddyboots in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 31st, 2012, 08:42 AM
  4. sam gowdy japs
    By elgallero99 in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
  5. Any luck using Gowdy Japs?
    By rcavan in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •