Thread: "diamond Kelso" Bloodline

Post Thanks / Like

"diamond Kelso" Bloodline

Cocksmate,
    Is there any "DIAMON KELSO" bloodline? Who is the originator & history? What is their Fighting Style Package & Composition of Bloodlines? Just inquiry b-coz one of my friend he has a Brood Cock & some says this is a "DIAMOND KELSO". This brood cock was given to my friend's sister & then gave it to him, it was still a cockerel when it was given by a known doctor/breeder himself in Iloilo & also a member of Panay Gamefowls Breeder Association (PAGBA). This fowl is very smart, stylish, mutliple shuffler, with enough speed & power & never been fought since my friend used it as his material, and it produces so many multiple winners to him. Any inputs is very much highly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "diamond Kelso" Bloodline

Could it be Diamond C Kelso of Sam Caudle Jr?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cccforevergold
    Could it be Diamond C Kelso of Sam Caudle Jr?
    CCC,
    thanks for your inputs. hope to hear more inputs from others. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It just came into my mind since you mentioned that it came from a breeder from Iloilo, the diamond c kelso of sam caudle had been a familiar fixture in iloilo derbies because of mayor jesri t. palmares who sponsors sam caudle in the country several times. well it could be it or maybe another bloodline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cccforevergold
    It just came into my mind since you mentioned that it came from a breeder from Iloilo, the diamond c kelso of sam caudle had been a familiar fixture in iloilo derbies because of mayor jesri t. palmares who sponsors sam caudle in the country several times. well it could be it or maybe another bloodline.

CCC,
    well thats good info, hope to hear more inputs from other cocksmate particularly from Iloilo. many thanks.

james wolf

sam caudle kelso, diamond is the name of the farm not the kelso, the kelso is an out & out kelso (originally), jesry, ricoy, lancey, juancho.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by james wolf
    sam caudle kelso, diamond is the name of the farm not the kelso, the kelso is an out & out kelso (originally), jesry, ricoy, lancey, juancho.......
    James,
    thanks for shading more lights.... very informative...

Post Thanks / Like

GG Crasher,

I got a trio from Sam Caudle two years ago- my first ever attempt to buy and own my own chickens. I hope I got one of the best breeds, based on the performances of his pure and crosses, especially those of Sam's first buyers from Iloilo. I have been to his farm in Broken Bow, Oklahoma 3 times. On one occasion, I stayed overnite in his house, and even went out that nite to the western and country saloons around their small town (we went out hunting for rural town blonde chicks!) Yes, his farm, which used to be adverstised in Gamecock magazine is named Diamond C farm. Sam Caudle is a nice young man, only 36 years old. He has been to the Philippines several times, mostly in Iloilo - pampered by his great friends JesryPalmares, et al.

He doesn't have as much chickens now as before as the new cockfighting laws force him to cut down on his production. But he has told me that what he keeps are the real good ones. He also have in his stocks the Butchers and Hatches - the Lemon Butchers coming from the old Duke Hulsey lines of Red Richardson. As a matter of fact, I got another pure Butcher trio which I have already paid last November, but due to some minor hitches, he hasn't shipped them to my broker in California. But he has called me several times to apologize. Last week he just told me he'll be able to ship it by the end of this month.

He said (though I have only seen a few of them spar) that his cocks pack power, speed and cutting. I tend to believe that given that Jesry Palmares of Iloilo started with his breed and won a lot of bigtime derbies with them; coupled most probablyy with Jesry's good and lucky cross breeding through the years. I said "good and lucky" because as we all know it, breeding is a long andcontinuing process... You really have to be patient to find the real nick and get those dream birds that we all aspire for.

In that light, I hope to get a better start and enjoy my small farm in our province. At least I know what my bloodline is to start with, unlike a few cockers who get a pair or two from others but not sure of the actual bloodlines. And though I am based here in the States, it is always exciting and thrilling to check out how the birds are doing back home. A hobby and investment I can always enjoy even when I grow old.

'Ika nga, nakaka giliw laging umuwi....

Well, Goodluck Caudle kelso cockmates... Hope you'd post some more inputs and reviews of Sam Caudle's kelsos and their crosses - how they're doing on the local circuits there.

Until the next sultadas,

YFIS,

Trapperjohn

Post Thanks / Like

Trapperjohn,
    thank you very much for a very informative highlights. Hopefully by May'08 I'm on my next vacation, i'll take a picture of this cock and post it here with sparring video, so that you can compare the fighting styles of what you got directly from Sam Caudle Jr. cheers for you bro...

Tayud Consolacion Cebu/Ponsun Island,Land of the Orient Pearl Phils. /Dammam KSA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn
    GG Crasher,

I got a trio from Sam Caudle two years ago- my first ever attempt to buy and own my own chickens. I hope I got one of the best breeds, based on the performances of his pure and crosses, especially those of Sam's first buyers from Iloilo. I have been to his farm in Broken Bow, Oklahoma 3 times. On one occasion, I stayed overnite in his house, and even went out that nite to the western and country saloons around their small town (we went out hunting for rural town blonde chicks!) Yes, his farm, which used to be adverstised in Gamecock magazine is named Diamond C farm. Sam Caudle is a nice young man, only 36 years old. He has been to the Philippines several times, mostly in Iloilo - pampered by his great friends JesryPalmares, et al.

He doesn't have as much chickens now as before as the new cockfighting laws force him to cut down on his production. But he has told me that what he keeps are the real good ones. He also have in his stocks the Butchers and Hatches - the Lemon Butchers coming from the old Duke Hulsey lines of Red Richardson. As a matter of fact, I got another pure Butcher trio which I have already paid last November, but due to some minor hitches, he hasn't shipped them to my broker in California. But he has called me several times to apologize. Last week he just told me he'll be able to ship it by the end of this month.

He said (though I have only seen a few of them spar) that his cocks pack power, speed and cutting. I tend to believe that given that Jesry Palmares of Iloilo started with his breed and won a lot of bigtime derbies with them; coupled most probablyy with Jesry's good and lucky cross breeding through the years. I said "good and lucky" because as we all know it, breeding is a long andcontinuing process... You really have to be patient to find the real nick and get those dream birds that we all aspire for.

In that light, I hope to get a better start and enjoy my small farm in our province. At least I know what my bloodline is to start with, unlike a few cockers who get a pair or two from others but not sure of the actual bloodlines. And though I am based here in the States, it is always exciting and thrilling to check out how the birds are doing back home. A hobby and investment I can always enjoy even when I grow old.

'Ika nga, nakaka giliw laging umuwi....

Well, Goodluck Caudle kelso cockmates... Hope you'd post some more inputs and reviews of Sam Caudle's kelsos and their crosses - how they're doing on the local circuits there.

Until the next sultadas,

YFIS,

Trapperjohn
    Sir,Can you post pictures here of your Diamond C kelso that you acquire from Sam C.Jr himself..It is much appreciated if you can..Thanks..

Post Thanks / Like

up...up...up.....up...up....uppppp....

Post Thanks / Like

honestly, i have no pictures yet of my chickens... i am based here in US and i havent gone home for a vacation since we were on hatching last year... i just produced a few last year and since my broodcock is quite mababa (because it is pure, as Sam Said) medyo mga reject pa ang unang pasibol. I have one almost regular in size, inilaban ko last saturday - my first ever fight - and unfortunately - tumabla ang kalaban pero kariyo kami sa panalo. palong papatay na daw ang kalaban and natamaan yung akin. not bad for a start. medyo mababa ang broodcock ko pero i ki-no-cross ko sa matataas na inahin.