Thread: keep=the last 3 days

mikesmith

Smile keep=the last 3 days

I have a cock put up, he has been in the keep for 11 days, i scratch him inthemornings, put on cord at 11, and back to the fly untill feed time then i put him in scratch again, and back into the fly where he sleeps. i have always used this routine for years, but i am wanting to change the last 3 days of my keep, usaly i only rest them on fight day. what are your opinions on what i should do the last 3 days, what vitimans should i use, what type of feed? i usually feed 18 percent, the whole keep...... im open to suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: keep=the last 3 days

heres how j &j gamefowl do in their 21 day keep including the last 3days
    http://www.gamerooster.com/spotlight/21_day_keep.htm

pinoy do a carboloading in the last 3days
    no buttermilk since your bird might develop diarrhea instead use skim milk
    pointing medicine is used such as poly B12 vitamins 2days before day fight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith
    I have a cock put up, he has been in the keep for 11 days, i scratch him inthemornings, put on cord at 11, and back to the fly untill feed time then i put him in scratch again, and back into the fly where he sleeps. i have always used this routine for years, but i am wanting to change the last 3 days of my keep, usaly i only rest them on fight day. what are your opinions on what i should do the last 3 days, what vitimans should i use, what type of feed? i usually feed 18 percent, the whole keep...... im open to suggestions.

assuming your fight schedule on Sunday, you should put your bird in rest stall on thursday evening & with injection of your pointing vitamins you may have, then take out your bird from rest stall and put back in the chord area between 02:00 - 4:00 am for moisture then after bring back again to rest stall, this will be done until fight day. on the evening 1 day before your fight day, inject again with your pointing vitamin you may have and on the morning of your fight day give some stress tablets of your bird. last 3 days this may includes your carbo loading pointing feeds like potato with egg white, boiled crack corn with honey, or any survival biscuits you may have, etc.. the important thing you need to give feeds of your bird on fight day that can easily be digested & preserve his power & energy, and hold the point until the very fight schedule by giving your bird at least two pecks every half an hour at very least of your pointing feeds. if the feel of your bird dry give him wet feeds & if feel of your bird wet give him dry feed. an hours before actual fight, check your bird at least every hour to make sure the pointing condisyun of your bird.. still common sense is the best & natural ability will always apply.
    Last edited by GG Crasher; March 30th, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

nicontrina thanks for the link i just read the 21day keep just wondering at day 3 it mentions giving 3 flirts what does this mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay-jay
    nicontrina thanks for the link i just read the 21day keep just wondering at day 3 it mentions giving 3 flirts what does this mean?
    i'm sorry but the link i posted is an american way of conditioning their roosters
    so not really sure what does this mean
    basically we say flirt is a human interaction between 2 people and it may consist body language or physical contact.
    if you apply this word between the handler and his rooster in layman's term
    maybe it is how you make things on taming your fowl through contact
    it might be a little massage or some show of kindness that would make the rooster
    comfortable with his handler

badger

I think flirts is a form of exercise by putting your right palm at tail end of the bird's body while at the same time your left hand should be place at the breast and simultaneously pushes down with your right and up with you left hand. This will look like the bird throw a kick to his opponent. I hope you can understand my explanation. There will be others that will contribute to make my statement more understandable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I think flirts is a form of exercise by putting your right palm at tail end of the bird's body while at the same time your left hand should be place at the breast and simultaneously pushes down with your right and up with you left hand. This will look like the bird throw a kick to his opponent. I hope you can understand my explanation. There will be others that will contribute to make my statement more understandable.
    thanks, indeed a better explanation

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure what the flirts really mean, but my take is to buckle the birds 3 times either thru tailing or thru fight simulation... this is to ensure the birds stay on focus and should be like the boxer going for the mits a few times just to flex the muscles...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badger

got it!!! BULLS EYE!!! BADGER!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Basically a flirt is holding the cock closer to the lower back and tail and tossing him forwards but at the same time rolling him back a little by pushing down on the lower back as you release. This will throw his balance off and he will flap more. Basically forcing to fly to build the lungs better. I don't fight much knife but it really is worth the time when you go into the drag. Start him out 5 flirts and increase by 5 each day. By the time you get to 50 the lungs should be getting on real good shape. You can also hang the roost in the fly pens by rope so they rock and that will help to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicontrina View Post
    heres how j &j gamefowl do in their 21 day keep including the last 3days
    http://www.gamerooster.com/spotlight/21_day_keep.htm

pinoy do a carboloading in the last 3days
    no buttermilk since your bird might develop diarrhea instead use skim milk
    pointing medicine is used such as poly B12 vitamins 2days before day fight
    Do youy know how to get in touch with j&j farm???

Post Thanks / Like

if the show is on sunday. i would take out stalls thursday morning and give 3 flirts then put in drop pen. the flirts are to get woke up and blood flowing. then feed 2 good tablespoons of 1/2 gamecock feed 1/2 grapenut cereal with 3 drops of ensure on it. then 15 minutes later put water in front of him and let have 2 or 3 sips if he wants it. then massage legs and strech him good and put back in stalls.thursday night same thing. friday same thing except 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of feed. now feedings should be 12 hours apart. so if you been feeding at 7am and 7 pm then saturday moring i would wait till 10am and do same as before but just 1 teaspoon of feed. do same thing saturday night but no feed and just let have a dip or 2 of water if wanted but no more. the only time they come out stalls is to feed/water massage and drop the whole 3 days. hope this might help. now this is if he is going to be shown between 10am and 3pm sunday.
    Last edited by moseley; April 23rd, 2011 at 03:13 AM.