Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighting Style From The Broodcock Or Broodhen???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fighting Style From The Broodcock Or Broodhen???

i think from broodhens cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Based on my experience ko sa breeding, fighting style kuha sa broodcock kasi 3 iba't ibang inahin gamit ko sa isang broodcock pero ang mga anak eh halos pare pareho ang laro, puro sagasa at mabilis umikot.

Post Thanks / Like

find brood individuals that can pass their dominant traits and charateristics that fits your style.......rooster.......find hen that will pass roosters dominant traits.....visa versa

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that both parents share the influence to it's ofspring.
    Having mentioned that, I believe that the same thing goes to fighting style.
    The only question left is whether both styles will "NICK" making it very noticeable due to the number of W's it brings home.

Whichever has the most concentration of genes for a certain trait like fighting style, will have the most influence. In short... who has the most influence in fighting style ? The Hen or the Cock ??? I guess ... it depends.
    Last edited by silver2dmoon; June 7th, 2008 at 09:26 AM.

Pirates 88

Kayo, saan ba nagmana, sa Ama o Ina?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates 88
    Kayo, saan ba nagmana, sa Ama o Ina?

james wolf

more from the hen, but there are breeds i've been breeding that the broodcock has a strong influence, my blues are like that. to say how much influence the cock or hen has i think is impossible, so many breeds, each one is alittle diff, just my opinion.

Darick29

hehe for me i go for the hen.. cause i read some articles here in sabong.net that scientifically explanation tells that the male chicks in your offsprings is the blood that came from the hen and the female chicks in your offsprings is the blood that came from ur brood cock.. and i noticed it right.. and in line breeding the broodcock mates his daughter and the Son Mates the Broodhen.. heheeh this is only my opinion.. =P

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, theoretically sa hen side dapat magmana ang mga male offsprings from a mating and from the cock side naman ang mga pullets(based on what i read from numerous articles and from other breeders), But, based on our experience there are Broodcocks that are very dominant in passing their fighting traits to their male offsprings. We experienced this twice, kahit anong hen/pullet i breed about 90-95% lumalabas talaga galing at istilo nung BC...Ito ang mga Broodcock na tipong magbibigay ng pangalan ng iyong Farm...Unfortunately, we lost both(died) maybe bacause we over use them upon knowing what they can give...huhuhu
    Sa hen side naman, meron kaming 2 hens dati na experienced kahit saang Broodcock(iba iba istilo) mo i mate lahat uniporme ang galing(abang na angat) ng mga male offsprings, dumaan lahat sa broodpen namin ang mga anak nila at na ipasa pa rin ang istilo sa grand sons...Lahat na breed namin ngayon meron yung dugo nung dalawang hen na yon...

Para sa akin depende yan sa pre potency ng particular na manok ma Broodcock man or ma broodhen...Opinion ko lang po...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JERICK-Angono

This would depend whether who is more prepotent of the two.
    Jerick,

I agree with you.... in otherwords... it depends on whether the pair are good brood materials ...hehehehe

esep...esep....

jw mathews

How many people u know has tested hens. what i mean is u go by a blood line, whether u actually know what you have or u r going by what someone tells you, you have. But what ever the case maybe how do u know how pit worthy a hen may be. U dont actually know how game she is cause u didnt test her, i mean people dont pit hens ( at least ive never witnessed it). same thing goes as for cutting ability, and her style of fighting. You dont know this in a hen. Now in a cock there is a difference you can test all this in his ability. So all i can say a cock can be proven as for me a hen cant. But in the same since if you breed bull**** then you gonna raise bull**** if u raise bull**** then you gonna show bull****. And it cost no more to feed a good rooster as it does a piece of ****. My theory is this select a proven brood rooster, select a hen hen with good characteristics ( such as posture, plumage, leggy,and good station) my opinion and mine only this is the way to start. And never purchase chickens from people who dont show chickens. To all the peddlers out there **** u. You are the reason so many beginners give up. good luck hope this helps you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jw mathews
    How many people u know has tested hens. what i mean is u go by a blood line, whether u actually know what you have or u r going by what someone tells you, you have. But what ever the case maybe how do u know how pit worthy a hen may be. U dont actually know how game she is cause u didnt test her, i mean people dont pit hens ( at least ive never witnessed it). same thing goes as for cutting ability, and her style of fighting. You dont know this in a hen. Now in a cock there is a difference you can test all this in his ability. So all i can say a cock can be proven as for me a hen cant. But in the same since if you breed bull**** then you gonna raise bull**** if u raise bull**** then you gonna show bull****. And it cost no more to feed a good rooster as it does a piece of ****. My theory is this select a proven brood rooster, select a hen hen with good characteristics ( such as posture, plumage, leggy,and good station) my opinion and mine only this is the way to start. And never purchase chickens from people who dont show chickens. To all the peddlers out there **** u. You are the reason so many beginners give up. good luck hope this helps you.

good stuff, Id like to add though the stags that you produce from your hen is your marker whether she does throw aces or not. Sometimes you do have hens that will throw aces with any cock. If I was to select a hen, I look at the bloodline and I would like to see a high percentage of her brothers win in convincing fashion before I can confidently breed from her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcusrn
    i do not believe that fighting style is a sex linked genetic characteristic like the grey color and also believe it is not controlled by a single gene. both parents contribute haploid chromosomes at fertilization. so i believe that the more dominant/prepotent gene or mix of the two will show. my opinion.
    PHILIPPINE COCKING FUNDAMENTALS

Dr. Andrew Bunan, a well-known veterinarian PHD, wrote in the book where he is one of the co-authors that the roosters carry the XX gene while the hens carry the XY gene which is responsible for producing males.

Based on this assertion, there was no discussion about the fighting style, but merely based on who is responsible for producing males. Nevertheless, it was also stated that the stags inherit the hen's phenotype (physical appearance) and the pullets inherit the rooster's phenotype.

HOW ABOUT THE FIGHTING STYLE

Last May 2008, TUKAAN featured Nokman's guide, where Dr. Andrew Bunan retracted his statements that the traits of the stags are inherited from the mother. He now posits that both parents contribute to the fighting style.

ANALYZE THIS?

Why do we make a cross? Because we want a feathered warrior to have a hybrid vigor (heterozygous gene).

Assuming that the fighting style comes only from one parent (mother or father), then there is no point in selecting the mate of the chicken whose traits we want our stags to get. If this were true, then we could use kabir, turkeys, quails, lovebirds, parakeets, 45-days, bantams, chinese chickens, pigeons and maina birds.

Kidding aside, as an example, if the broodcock throws the fighting style, then I will just get a hen (regardless of its bloodline), because the theory claims that whatever hen I put in the pen with the broodcock, the offsprings would inherit the fightingstyle of the broodcock, and vice-versa when the broodhen is the one that controls the fighting style.

LETHAL COMBINATION

I believe that both parents contribute to the fighting style, depending on whose gene is more dominant (preponent) among the stocks.

This is simply the reason why breeders cross-breed and make a battlecross.

A classic example would be the Green Legged Hatch Broodcock crossed with the Sweater Broodhen. The offsprings would be 90% yellow legged stags, and 90% green legged pullets. However, as to fighting style it becomes a lethal combination of the traits of both broodstocks. Based on this theory, the stag might still be elusive, and dominantly play the Sweater traits, but it could then be discovered when tested in the pit, that the offsprings have improved its gameness and bottom power which of course comes from, the Hatch.

I believe that both parents contribute to the fighting style. Otherwise, all our 2-way crosses, 3-way-cross and multiple crosses are just a waste of time, when only one parent would dictate its fighting style.

Analyze: Observe the stags (brothers) fight, although most of them have a common fighting trait, they all in one way or another fight differently.

TRES MENTIRAS EXPERIENCE

We have a band (4) of brothers of Sweater-Roundhead Cross. The three stags are "abang" (not rushers), but one is a rusher.

Following the theory that one trait controls the fighting style, then with what we experienced, this theory has already been busted, since not all the brothers fight the same way.

"This is the reason why breeding is exciting. Without the element of suspense and "nick" it would be as boring as watching a tumbleweed pass by a quiet Texas County.

Just sharing my observations and thoughts.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras
    Last edited by tres_mentiras; June 7th, 2008 at 06:38 AM.