Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Coding For Breeding

Post Thanks / Like

Color Coding For Breeding

Hi, I Just Want To Ask For Help Regarding Dominant Color In Breeding Gamefowls.

From The Other Thread I Read That.

Grey (c) X Red (h) = Grey Off Spring
    Grey (h) X Red (c) = Grey Off Spring

How About?

Grey (c) X Dom (h) = ?
    Dom (c) X Grey (h) =?
    Black (c) X Grey (h) =?
    Grey (c) X Black (h) = ?
    Dom (c) X Black (h) =?
    Black (c) X Dom (h) = ?

Whats The Most Dominat Color And What Is The Least Dominat Color? Thanks For Your Inputs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Color Coding For Breeding

Tol,

As what I have read in "lihim", "Generally" White is the most dominant color, along with black, dom and spangled... then Grey... Red is the least dominant color... I guess we have more Red fowls now since "we" bred more to this color... Dom color even at 1/8 to 1/16 still shows as what I read with one article (I think you have a first hand experience with this)...

But I think everything depends on your fowls if they can "stamp" their traits... In my case, WHITE IS very dominant... Almost all my chicks now are white...

I hope to hear opinions also of our fellow cockers in this matter...

thanks,

Chris
    Aseel d Past, Present & Future - M.Romulo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnucum
    Tol,

As what I have read in "lihim", "Generally" White is the most dominant color, along with black, dom and spangled... then Grey... Red is the least dominant color... I guess we have more Red fowls now since "we" bred more to this color... Dom color even at 1/8 to 1/16 still shows as what I read with one article (I think you have a first hand experience with this)...

But I think everything depends on your fowls if they can "stamp" their traits... In my case, WHITE IS very dominant... Almost all my chicks now are white...

I hope to hear opinions also of our fellow cockers in this matter...

thanks,

Chris
    thanks for the reply. i hope that more people can shae their knowledge on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,

Assuming that your Grey is pure in it's grey color trait ...meaning that it does not possess red color trait...like hatch grey colors... then when grey cock tops a red hen.... all ofsprings will be silvergrey. When Red tops pure grey hen...then it will throw grey stags and red pullets.

I was just reading something about the heirarchy of color dominance...and it states that the most dominant color is :
    1. Grey
    2. White (I)
    3. Black
    4. Red
    5. White (i)
    6. spangle

Blue does not breed true.
    Dom was not mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon
    Brian,

Assuming that your Grey is pure in it's grey color trait ...meaning that it does not possess red color trait...like hatch grey colors... then when grey cock tops a red hen.... all ofsprings will be silvergrey. When Red tops pure grey hen...then it will throw grey stags and red pullets.

I was just reading something about the heirarchy of color dominance...and it states that the most dominant color is :
    1. Grey
    2. White (I)
    3. Black
    4. Red
    5. White (i)
    6. spangle

Blue does not breed true.
    Dom was not mentioned.
    sir whats the (I)? and (i) in the white? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK
    sir whats the (I)? and (i) in the white? thanks
    Brian, there are two types of whites.
    The one's with (i) has a pigmentation inhibitor...meaning... no matter what color is bred into it... it has the ability to inhibit pigmentation...thus all ofsprings still come out all White.

While the (I), does not possess the inhibitor. Although dominant, if bred with a different color, it will throw colors according to the heirarchy and will not throw all white.

I was checking on the whites previously since I was preparing to blend my grey into whites. So the first step I determined was if the white I intend to use is the (I) or the (i) type.

In my case, the white I will use is of the (I), in which case ... the ofspring should come in grey shade or totally grey....silvergrey to be exact.

Hope this helps. Sorry, I have not covered the dom side... never researched it before.

It would be good if you can post here what you found out about dom's. I suggest you ask jlbs72. His doms are more of Sweater or Kelso in blood but is hidden in the dom colors or feathers.
    Last edited by silver2dmoon; April 21st, 2008 at 11:49 PM.

Port Talbot, West Glamorgan, South Wales/San Vicente, Camarines Norte
    Post Thanks / Like

Very impormative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon
    Brian, there are two types of whites.
    The one's with (i) has a pigmentation inhibitor...meaning... no matter what color is bred into it... it has the ability to inhibit pigmentation...thus all ofsprings still come out all White.

While the (I), does not possess the inhibitor. Although dominant, if bred with a different color, it will throw colors according to the heirarchy and will not throw all white.

I was checking on the whites previously since I was preparing to blend my grey into whites. So the first step I determined was if the white I intend to use is the (I) or the (i) type.

In my case, the white I will use is of the (I), in which case ... the ofspring should come in grey shade or totally grey....silvergrey to be exact.

Hope this helps. Sorry, I have not covered the dom side... never researched it before.

It would be good if you can post here what you found out about dom's. I suggest you ask jlbs72. His doms are more of Sweater or Kelso in blood but is hidden in the dom colors or feathers.

I acquired a 7/8 CC Kelso 1/8 English Dom from Mr Ted Buyco. color of the BC is Dom. I cross him with lemon, the offsping way 1/2 lemon 3/8 CC Kelso and 1/16 Englisg Dom and all of the offspring still where Dom in color. I am going to try to cross this Broodcock to my Law Grey and see what color would the offsprings be.

MonV

I acquired a 7/8 CC Kelso 1/8 English Dom from Mr Ted Buyco. color of the BC is Dom. I cross him with lemon, the offsping way 1/2 lemon 3/8 CC Kelso and 1/16 Englisg Dom and all of the offspring still where Dom in color. I am going to try to cross this Broodcock to my Law Grey and see what color would the offsprings be.
    Im sure its not new to you that I have the same breeds and mybe I got the original hens of the BC that you got right now coz, I shipped 6 origs hens in PI more than a year now. Wow! Thats weird. Supposed to be the pullet are dom and the stags are lemon. If I where you I would cross that BC to some Hatches hens. The ones i got with these crosses are super. Just fought 7 pcs few weeks ago and my score is 6w 1l. Goodluck and Make it a Great Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonV
    Im sure its not new to you that I have the same breeds and mybe I got the original hens of the BC that you got right now coz, I shipped 6 origs hens in PI more than a year now. Wow! Thats weird. Supposed to be the pullet are dom and the stags are lemon. If I where you I would cross that BC to some Hatches hens. The ones i got with these crosses are super. Just fought 7 pcs few weeks ago and my score is 6w 1l. Goodluck and Make it a Great Day!

Thanks for sharing your experience with this Dom, I will try to cross them to a hatch familay and hopefully I would be able to get the same result that you got. Right know I am beeding him straight with a CC Kelso Hen also from Mr Ted. 15/16 CC Kelso 1/16 English Dom. I wonder if this would take the Dom Color away from the offsprings.

MonV

Thanks for sharing your experience with this Dom, I will try to cross them to a hatch familay and hopefully I would be able to get the same result that you got. Right know I am beeding him straight with a CC Kelso Hen also from Mr Ted. 15/16 CC Kelso 1/16 English Dom. I wonder if this would take the Dom Color away from the offsprings.
    No it wont take awy the Dom color, May lalabas pa rin na Dom sa mga babae pero yung mga lalake suppose to be ka kulay ng hen. Im just wondering if youre trying to produce some for materials? In breeding na kc to. also, kung ano ang gusto mong palabasin na kulay sa stag and sa pullet. PM ko nlang sayo yung experience ko on breeding this line. Thanx.

MonV

Brian, if youre breeding both Dom color BC/HEN, the offsring will come out white Dom. The color will be a lot ligther Dom. Meron akong ganitong kulay neto sa farm. Hanapin ko sa photobucket ko at i post ko. Di maganda sukat dhil in bred na nga kc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonV
    No it wont take awy the Dom color, May lalabas pa rin na Dom sa mga babae pero yung mga lalake suppose to be ka kulay ng hen. Im just wondering if youre trying to produce some for materials? In breeding na kc to. also, kung ano ang gusto mong palabasin na kulay sa stag and sa pullet. PM ko nlang sayo yung experience ko on breeding this line. Thanx.

Sir Mon, The Straight CC kelso is for breeding stok, Sir Ted had told me to keep the pullet of this for breeding materials. As for the Lemon crosses, I would test this for the upcoming bakbakan.

Post Thanks / Like

Rhode Island Red cockerel - Light Sussex hen = brown pullets and silver cockerels
    Known as 'gold cross silver'
    The silver gene of the female is dominant.

The reverse cross
    Light Sussex cockerel - Rhode Island Red hen = all silver chicks

This criss-cross inheritance is not only confined to gold and silver feathered birds but can also be produced by crosses involving slow and fast feathering breeds (slow feathering is dominant to fast featheing and barring to non-barring) (barring is dominant to non-barring).

The following breeds may be used in producing the gold and silver sexed-linked cross:

Rhode Island REd (male) crossed with a Light Sussex (female)

Buff Plymouth Rock (male) crossed with a Light Sussex (female)

Brown Leghorn (male) crossed with a Light Sussex (female)

Indian Game (male) crossed with a Light Sussex (female)

New Hampshire Red (male) crossed with a Light Sussex (female).

from: Modern Poultry Keeping by John Portsmouth (G.M. Miranda & Sons bookstore).

Post Thanks / Like

up up and up..... more info please.

Post Thanks / Like

mga kakmayts:

tanong naman po ako.

Ano po ang kulay ng legs ng pullets at stags kapag:

1. yellow legged cock over white legged hen
    2. yellow legged cock over green legged hen
    3. green legged cock over white legged hen
    4. green legged cock over yellow legged hen
    5. white legged cock over green legged hen
    6. white legged cock over yellow legged hen

Then comb ng pullets at stags kapag.
    1. straight comb cock over peacomb pullet
    2. peacomb cock over straight comb pullet

salamat po ng marami.

orlando

Quote Originally Posted by saranggani
    mga kakmayts:

tanong naman po ako.

Ano po ang kulay ng legs ng pullets at stags kapag:

1. yellow legged cock over white legged hen
    2. yellow legged cock over green legged hen
    3. green legged cock over white legged hen
    4. green legged cock over yellow legged hen
    5. white legged cock over green legged hen
    6. white legged cock over yellow legged hen

Then comb ng pullets at stags kapag.
    1. straight comb cock over peacomb pullet
    2. peacomb cock over straight comb pullet

salamat po ng marami.
    1.white legs ang mga stags at yellow legs ang mga babae,paghindi lahat yellow legs ang mga babae,ibig sabihin hindi pure yellow legs ang bc mo.
    2.lahat ng anak yellow legs,paghindi ibig sabihin hindi pure yellow leg amg bc mo.
    3.lahat ng stags white legs,lahatng babae green legs.
    4.lahat ng stags yellow legs,lahat ng babae green legs
    5.lahat ng anak white legs,paghindi ibig sabihin hindi pure white leg ang bc mo.
    6lahat ng anak white legs, pag hindi ibig sabihin hindi pure white leg ang bc mo.
    1.lahat ng lalake peacomb,lahat ng babae straight comb
    2.lahat ng anak peacomb,paghindi ibig sabihin hindi pure peacomb ang bc mo.

orlando

Order Of Dominance In Plummage Color
    1.white
    2.black
    3.grey,dom,gold,pyle,blue Not Necessarily In The Descending Order.
    4 Red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orlando
    1.white legs ang mga stags at yellow legs ang mga babae,paghindi lahat yellow legs ang mga babae,ibig sabihin hindi pure yellow legs ang bc mo.
    2.lahat ng anak yellow legs,paghindi ibig sabihin hindi pure yellow leg amg bc mo.
    5.lahat ng anak white legs,paghindi ibig sabihin hindi pure white leg ang bc mo.
    6lahat ng anak white legs, pag hindi ibig sabihin hindi pure white leg ang bc mo.
    sir orlando salamat sa information.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

BAKMAS

we appreciate your information thanks for sharing , more power

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I Just Want To Ask For Help Regarding Dominant Color In Breeding Gamefowls.

From The Other Thread I Read That.

Grey (c) X Red (h) = Grey Off Spring
    Grey (h) X Red (c) = Grey Off Spring

How About?

Grey (c) X Dom (h) = ?
    Dom (c) X Grey (h) =?
    Black (c) X Grey (h) =?
    Grey (c) X Black (h) = ?
    Dom (c) X Black (h) =?
    Black (c) X Dom (h) = ?

Whats The Most Dominat Color And What Is The Least Dominat Color? Thanks For Your Inputs
    Thanks for posting this Sir BrianK.

I've been wanting to know what a grey cock crossed to a Red hen will look like and apparently grey feathers are still dominant.

And thanks to all who contributes to this thread.
    Last edited by patacboy; October 10th, 2008 at 10:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

sir orlando,

same result din po ba ito kung ang inahin ang ndi puro.... thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patacboy
    Thanks for posting this Sir BrianK.

I've been wanting to know what a grey cock crossed to a Red hen will look like and apparently grey feathers are still dominant.

And thanks to all who contributes to this thread.
    very much welcome po sir, sana po may mag post pa po ng information. I breed a Law grey cock to a red gavilian hatch. offspring looks is this in the picture on the right side, on the left side is a silvergrey to a black mcrae.

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/18...600x600Q85.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I've been breeding my Greys a long time & in most crosses the 1/2 & 1/2's come Grey... but... last year I breed a Irish Pyle cock to a pure Grey hen & all the stags came Blue Grey, but all the pullets came Blue Red... the pure Blue must be pretty derned dominate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipspur
    I've been breeding my Greys a long time & in most crosses the 1/2 & 1/2's come Grey... but... last year I breed a Irish Pyle cock to a pure Grey hen & all the stags came Blue Grey, but all the pullets came Blue Red... the pure Blue must be pretty derned dominate.
    do you think that blue is the most dominate color sir? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys last year I breed a roundhead cock over white kelso hen offsprings came out was stags white and pullets red...Then My Mcrae bc over lacy hen offsprings came out all black pullets and stags..Now about 6 months the red is comming out but still dark..Some even born with solid black eyes...

Post Thanks / Like

do you think that blue is the most dominate color sir? thanks
    I don't know if it's the most dominate... but it is strong.... especially talking the pure Pyle color. If you take a bird thats actually the Blue color & breed it... you will get some Blues but prolly about 50%... with the Pyles ya get 100% Blue offspring.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it's the most dominate... but it is strong.... especially talking the pure Pyle color. If you take a bird thats actually the Blue color & breed it... you will get some Blues but prolly about 50%... with the Pyles ya get 100% Blue offspring.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION SIR.

Post Thanks / Like

this is a nice info.