Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use Yakult or any Probiotics to Raise Fighting cocks?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Do you use Yakult or any Probiotics to Raise Fighting cocks?

I am just curious. How many of us use yakult, Lactobacillus Plantarum and other probiotics to raise our fighting cocks?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you use Yakult or any Probiotics to Raise Fighting cocks?

I did..
    Day after i give anti-biotics. In the afternoon if i deworm them in the morning.
    I also use them daily. Mixed with their morning feed during intermittent weather conditions just to beefed up the good bacteria population while controlling the bad bacteria.

Thanks anyway for the valuable informations you're sharing in your Pointing System. I've send you a PM. You're a GEM.

BullRider

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BullRider
    I did..
    Day after i give anti-biotics. In the afternoon if i deworm them in the morning.
    I also use them daily. Mixed with their morning feed during intermittent weather conditions just to beefed up the good bacteria population while controlling the bad bacteria.

Thanks anyway for the valuable informations you're sharing in your Pointing System. I've send you a PM. You're a GEM.

BullRider
    Thanks too! What particular brand do you use? Do you also use yogurt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMax
    Thanks too! What particular brand do you use? Do you also use yogurt?
    The YAKULT is just the ordinary that you can buy in the street..the YOGHURT at Grocery Stores..then the POWERPAK products by the ATAYDE's.
    I uses whichever among the three is available and dependent on my resources ..

Anyway, have you check on Alan Butler's Soaked Jockey Oats formula? If you did, could you give me your analysis? I find it good and the rooster feels soft in my hands.

BullRider

Post Thanks / Like

ok ka ba tiyan?

Post Thanks / Like

i use lactozyme forte.. this is in powder form.. there must be really something with probiotics coz i hardly get birds sick from intestinal diseases and they have better appetites..

Post Thanks / Like

I am just curious. How many of us use yakult, Lactobacillus Plantarum and other probiotics to raise our fighting cocks?

after administration of antibiotics we use yakult and when mixing feeds during conditioning instead of milk.........it seems they digest better and the maure odor are neutralized.

yakult price gone up and in one pack their is about 5 of it in small plastic container, what they do back home is mix the skim milk in 2liters of water and add 1plastic bottle of yakult and let it stand in a cool place for atleast 4-6hrs. so the good bacteria to multiple then use it as added ingredient in the feed mixture.........

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bebs espinosa
    after administration of antibiotics we use yakult and when mixing feeds during conditioning instead of milk.........it seems they digest better and the maure odor are neutralized.

yakult price gone up and in one pack their is about 5 of it in small plastic container, what they do back home is mix the skim milk in 2liters of water and add 1plastic bottle of yakult and let it stand in a cool place for atleast 4-6hrs. so the good bacteria to multiple then use it as added ingredient in the feed mixture.........
    thanks Bebs, You practically are doing what old Mongols did when they prepare yogurt. You can also put it inside a styrofoam chest together with about 1 liter of warm water to raise the temperature to about 55 degrees celsius. This is the growing temperature of lactobacilli. For the readers, You may also read Agriculture Mag March 2008 issue page 64 on how to make yogurt at home using a thick wad of newspaper as heat retainer. It's illustrated for easy reading!

Post Thanks / Like

This is my experimental food fermentation using local bacteria and
    common chicken feed.
    It is covered to promote a smooth fermentation.
    And healthy Black.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masao
    This is my experimental food fermentation using local bacteria and
    common chicken feed.
    It is covered to promote a smooth fermentation.
    And healthy Black.
    thank you. Yuo have created a different but working method. Can you give us details of how you do it?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Bebs, You practically are doing what old Mongols did when they prepare yogurt. You can also put it inside a styrofoam chest together with about 1 liter of warm water to raise the temperature to about 55 degrees celsius. This is the growing temperature of lactobacilli. For the readers, You may also read Agriculture Mag March 2008 issue page 64 on how to make yogurt at home using a thick wad of newspaper as heat retainer. It's illustrated for easy reading!

supermax,

im here right now in NJ how i wish we could have a chat about all this in person, very interesting topic .......... i've been a subcriber of different agricultural magazine which i use to bring when i was employed as a mariner before, lots of tips and very informative....thanks for the tip, i will do that!!!.....

i already send a copy of your probiotics on how to make it back home, this is a big help and really i appreciate what your are sharing to us..........mabuhay ka!

Post Thanks / Like

about Yakult
    The Yakult bacterium (Lactobacillus caza shirota stock) graduated from Kyoto empire university Department of Medicine, and was developed by Dr. Minoru Shirota who had worked on the research of the bacterium in intestines in the microbiology classroom.
    Dr. Minoru Shirota chose the lactic acid bacillus that endured a digestive liquid with strong bacteri cidal activity such as the gastric juice and bile while researching the lactic acid bacterium that did a useful working in digestive jurisdiction and reached intestines in person's intestines, and, in addition, reinforced culture succeeded in 1930 in doing.
    That is, it cultures with the medium that adds an artificial gastric juice and artificial bile, and a survived bacterium is chosen. The device to make it not defeated at the gastric juice and bile repeating this several times was done.
    It is Lactobacillus caza shirota stock where this is called a Yakult bacterium.

So what necesarry is to supply GOOD Lactobacills including Yakult.

bebs espinosa said bellow
    > what they do back home is mix the skim milk in 2liters of water and add 1plastic
    >bottle of yakult and let it stand in a cool place for atleast 4-6hrs. so the good bacteria
    > to multiple then use it as added ingredient in the feed mixture.........

We need to increase enough amount of good bacteria from original liquid mixing with
    something sugarly material to smoothly multipple in good condition.
    After this procee in which a fermentation is completed I mix it to common chicken feed
    and keep it in container with cover untill it smells something sweet.
    This smell is a sigh of completion . This is my chicken feed.
    Last edited by masao; April 26th, 2008 at 10:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

about Yakult
    The Yakult bacterium (Lactobacillus caza shirota stock) graduated from Kyoto empire university Department of Medicine, and was developed by Dr. Minoru Shirota who had worked on the research of the bacterium in intestines in the microbiology classroom.
    Dr. Minoru Shirota chose the lactic acid bacillus that endured a digestive liquid with strong bacteri cidal activity such as the gastric juice and bile while researching the lactic acid bacterium that did a useful working in digestive jurisdiction and reached intestines in person's intestines, and, in addition, reinforced culture succeeded in 1930 in doing.
    That is, it cultures with the medium that adds an artificial gastric juice and artificial bile, and a survived bacterium is chosen. The device to make it not defeated at the gastric juice and bile repeating this several times was done.
    It is Ractobatilscazashirota stock where this is called a Yakult bacterium.

So what necesarry is to supply GOOD Lactobacills including Yakult.

bebs espinosa said bellow
    > what they do back home is mix the skim milk in 2liters of water and add 1plastic
    >bottle of yakult and let it stand in a cool place for atleast 4-6hrs. so the good bacteria
    > to multiple then use it as added ingredient in the feed mixture.........

We need to increase enough amount of good bacteria from original liquid mixing with
    something sugarly material to smoothly multipple in good condition.
    After this procee in which a fermentation is completed I mix it to common chicken feed
    and keep it in container with cover untill it smells something sweet.
    This smell is a sigh of completion . This is my chicken feed.
    thanks for the info. Excellent method!

Post Thanks / Like

yes, instead of fresh milk I use yakult to moisten the feeds I tablespoon per cock to be condition

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know if the Pro Biotics is the same brand but basically the concept is the same. I tested two batches of chicks.

The first batch I used only Vetracin mixed with water and fed them the chick booster. They were strong and healthy. When the 2-month old chicks were transfered to the farm, a few chicks got sick and died.

The second batch, I alternated Pro Bio and Vetracin, and fed with the same chick booster. The result was much better. The chicks were healthier, bigger, stronger with shinny-full feathers. These chicks were already leaping out of the brooder in less than 1-1/2 months and they were fighting already before 2 months old and none of the chicks died when they were transfered to the farm.

Last year, most of the off season chicks did not survive. This April, with Pro Bio and Vetracin, the late-off season chicks are as strong and healthy like the normal season chicks.

The downside about Pro Bio, was that the chicks' appetite significantly increased and more chick booster feeds were consumed (more expenses)..... but the upside of Pro Bio was that there were more healthy chicks.

Last edited by EAA Indians; April 26th, 2008 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sir ed, is it Pro Bio or Pal Bio? i can't find it here in Cebu since ive heard about it.. been using Lactozyme Forte though and they are in good health.. but i wanted to try this Pro or Pal Bio for comparison..

Post Thanks / Like

supermax,

what can you say about the good bacteria they use to make "Ka-ong" , the one we always incorporate in buko salad those round jellow like material with color red, green and somtimes white.......

we use to make this in our chemistry class but i forgot what its called........ any info about this..........?

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bebs espinosa
    supermax,

what can you say about the good bacteria they use to make "Ka-ong" , the one we always incorporate in buko salad those round jellow like material with color red, green and somtimes white.......

we use to make this in our chemistry class but i forgot what its called........ any info about this..........?

thanks.
    You mean NATA DE COCO. Kaong comes from sugar palm whose immature nuts are harvested and the meat cooked in sugar to make what we call kaong.

Yes, NATA DE COCO is the product of the bacteria similar to a lactobailli which form a meatlike mass after it has digested the sugar from the coconut water.

I hipe this answers your question.

Post Thanks / Like

Afcillin (sp.) If I remember has BM's. It's a multivite like Vetracin + the BM.

Also good, and this and has been discussed before is Herbana Farms products. He has a product called "BIM" (Beneficial Indigenous Microorganisms) that's for plants and animals. He has a stall in Salcedo Saturday Market in Makati.

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador
    Afcillin (sp.) If I remember has BM's. It's a multivite like Vetracin + the BM.

Also good, and this and has been discussed before is Herbana Farms products. He has a product called "BIM" (Beneficial Indigenous Microorganisms) that's for plants and animals. He has a stall in Salcedo Saturday Market in Makati.

Regards.
    Afsillin is practically loaded with pennicilum and other antibiotics aside from the potent mix of vitamins. Small scale raisers in Villa Arevalo, Iloilo use this system for more than 20 years now.

BIM is similar to the Indigenous Micro Oraganism Probiotics advocated by Dr. Hiruo Higa, a Japanese scientist known as the Father of Natural Farming as he invented several methods to incorporate beneficial microorganisms in farming. IMO and BIM are easy to make. Just visit my blogsite for the procedure or type in Natural Farming System and look for the thread on Dr. Higa and you will find so much info on probiotics.

Probiotics use will lower farm expenses as it will make feed conversion more efficient, reduce odor and exclude destructive or disease-causing microbes from populating the animal's body. This will reduce the use of antibiotics drastically!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Draven51501
    sir ed, is it Pro Bio or Pal Bio? i can't find it here in Cebu since ive heard about it.. been using Lactozyme Forte though and they are in good health.. but i wanted to try this Pro or Pal Bio for comparison..
    I have to ask my source if he can direct you to a distributor in Cebu. However, my source distributes their products for the fish pond industry and provides waste management for businesses to comply with government waste control.

I was just lucky for them to provide the special mix for my chicken farm. What really got me believing is when he mentioned how a dying dog (ovewhelvmed by pulgas) that stopped eating, and this Pro Bio was applied to the body and rid itself of the pulgas in about 2 days, and the dog regained its appetite and got stronger.

Or, you can browse Supermax website for the nearest distributor in your area.

You can PM and give me your email addy and connect you with them.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Probiotics use will lower farm expenses as it will make feed conversion more efficient, reduce odor and exclude destructive or disease-causing microbes from populating the animal's body. This will reduce the use of antibiotics drastically![/quote]

Supermax is repeating the same statements that my source mentioned to me; that Pro Bio also creates its own anti body that acts like antibiotics to the body. As a result, the farm can reduce or replace the antibiotics with the Pro Bio and lower expenses.

So far, I only mixed Pro Bio with water and alternated it with Vetracin. I have not mixed Pro Bio to the feeds which I intend to do and perhaps improve the absorption and assimilation of nutrients, vitamins, minerals and create the antibodies - for healther birds with higher peak performance.

Good luck....

Post Thanks / Like

>BIM is similar to the Indigenous Micro Oraganism Probiotics advocated by
    > Dr. Hiruo Higa, a Japanese scientist known as the Father of Natural Farming
    >as he invented several methods to incorporate beneficial microorganisms in farming
    I think that you are talking about EM(Effective Microorganisms) invented by
    Dr. Teruo Higa . EM is just one of original materials to produce a feed fermentated
    which is really good for chicken breeding . Ideal feed in various meaning .
    Sorry to say that he is not the father of Natural Farming.

>Probiotics use will lower farm expenses as it will make feed conversion more efficient, >reduce odor and exclude destructive or disease-causing microbes from populating
    >the animal's body. This will reduce the use of antibiotics drastically!
    Right !!!

Personally I use local microorganisms which can be found at place of bamboo.

Post Thanks / Like

guys really good infos. thanks for sharing. i will start applying this in my yard especially that the rainy season is upon us.

by the way bai draven, how do you apply lactozyme forte ?... do you just mix this with the feeds ? may i know the ration pls. thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

>as he invented several methods to incorporate beneficial microorganisms in farming
    Dr. Teruo Higa . EM is just one of original materials to produce a feed fermentated

>Probiotics use will lower farm expenses as it will make feed conversion more efficient, >reduce odor and exclude destructive or disease-causing microbes from populating
    Right !!!

Some say the father of Natural Farming is Masanubo Fukuoka. I think so too but the Dept of Agriculture people are claiming that it's Higa. whatever! Anyway, the concept and the practice works so I adopted it since 2002 when I first learned about it and it has worked wonders for my farm both chickens and plants.

For those who have dogs, feed 2-3 tbs per meal and you will be surprised that their body odor will be gone as by miracle!

Use it regularly in your chickens and their immune system is strengthened tremendously!

Supermax

Post Thanks / Like

Right !!!

Some say the father of Natural Farming is Masanubo Fukuoka. I think so too but the Dept of Agriculture people are claiming that it's Higa. whatever! Anyway, the concept and the practice works so I adopted it since 2002 when I first learned about it and it has worked wonders for my farm both chickens and plants.

For those who have dogs, feed 2-3 tbs per meal and you will be surprised that their body odor will be gone as by miracle!

Use it regularly in your chickens and their immune system is strengthened tremendously!

Supermax

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,
    Have you heard of a product called ATOVI?
    There's a thread about this not so long ago, I think its a Performance and Immune System Enhancer Feed Mix...
    I wonder whats the feedbacks of our fellow sabungeros who's able to try it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Z
    Guys,
    Have you heard of a product called ATOVI?
    There's a thread about this not so long ago, I think its a Performance and Immune System Enhancer Feed Mix...
    I wonder whats the feedbacks of our fellow sabungeros who's able to try it...

Yes and I heard it is very good! The downside is that it is proprietary and expensive. It's a revolutionary technology (quantum is their term for it) and it has helped those who are using it!
    Last edited by SuperMax; April 27th, 2008 at 02:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Do you use Yakult or any Probiotics to Raise Fighting cocks?

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    I have to ask my source if he can direct you to a distributor in Cebu. However, my source distributes their products for the fish pond industry and provides waste management for businesses to comply with government waste control.

I was just lucky for them to provide the special mix for my chicken farm. What really got me believing is when he mentioned how a dying dog (ovewhelvmed by pulgas) that stopped eating, and this Pro Bio was applied to the body and rid itself of the pulgas in about 2 days, and the dog regained its appetite and got stronger.

Or, you can browse Supermax website for the nearest distributor in your area.

You can PM and give me your email addy and connect you with them.

Good Luck
    sir ed, i can't find the Supermax website.. here's my e-mail address draven51501@yahoo.com thank you!