Thread: Pre and Pro Biotics and Yoghurt

Post Thanks / Like

Pre and Pro Biotics and Yoghurt

Recently i started mixing a product from BIO LIFE which is meant for children in my daily feed to my fowls. According to the label this product has Lactobacillus acidophilus LA5, Bifodobacterium Lactis (BB 12)and i observed after three days the fowls seems to be eating more and wanting more than the usual quantity. I mixed I packet of the probiotics to about 20 fowls. So I reckon all these fancy names must be good for the fowls.
    A packet of this Probiotics cost about P pesos 27 (RM2.00) . My question is, whats the difference between Yogurt and Probiotics? Can somebody please help enlighten a bit on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre and Pro Biotics and Yoghurt

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast
    Recently i started mixing a product from BIO LIFE which is meant for children in my daily feed to my fowls. According to the label this product has Lactobacillus acidophilus LA5, Bifodobacterium Lactis (BB 12)and i observed after three days the fowls seems to be eating more and wanting more than the usual quantity. I mixed I packet of the probiotics to about 20 fowls. So I reckon all these fancy names must be good for the fowls.
    A packet of this Probiotics cost about P pesos 27 (RM2.00) . My question is, whats the difference between Yogurt and Probiotics? Can somebody please help enlighten a bit on this?
    THE GENERAL TERM IS PROBIOTICS. SPECIFICS ARE YOGURT, LACTOBACILLI SHIROTA STRAIN (YAKULT). SOME OTHER ARIATIONS ARE THE LACTOPAFI WHICH WAS STARTED IN CEBU.

THE MORE GENERIC IS THAT ADVOACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE THRU ITS NATURAL FARMING SYSTEMS PROGRAM CALLED THE INDIGENOUS MICROORGANISM TECHNOLOGY WHICH TRAPS FREE RANGING BENEFICIAL BACTERIA IN A STARCH MEDIA, CULTURIN
    G AND PRESRVING IT IN A SUGAR OR MOLASSES MEDIUM.

THEY ALL ACT THE SAME AND HAVE AN ALMOST THE SAME EFFECT. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU MAKE IT YOURSELF OR JUST BUY IT IF YU HAVE THE MONEY. THERE ARE MANY OF US IN THIS FORUM WHO LIKE ME DO NOT HAVE MUCH TO SPARE BUT STAY IN THIS GAME FOR THE LOVE OF IT. OUR ALTERNATIVE IS THE LEAST COST METHOD.

PREBIOTIC IS DIFFERENT. THEY REFER TO A CLASS OF SUBSTANCES WHICH SUPPORT THE HEALTH SYSTEMS OF ANIMALS. FOR EXAMPLE CERTAIN CLASSES OF SOLUBLE FIBERS WHICH CAN HELP SWEEP CLEAN OUR INTERNAL SYSTEMS AND ACT AS GROWTH MEDIA FOR THESE BENEFICIAL BACTERIA.

I HOPE THIS SHORT EXPLANATION CAN HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Supermaxm
    Before anything else, I would like to thank you for the info on Pro Biotics which has otherwise help to enlighten an ignorant guy like me. In the past I have always known that Yoghurt is good for humans and fowls alike but the quesion is -Why? How does it work on he digestive system? Until i read your post about Pro Biotics and Yakult etc. It has given me a lot of Info and now I am using it on an alternate day basis. But how often do you recommend that we use it cos it is quite expensive to use daily. is twice a week good enough for our beloved fowls?
    Guys, these Probiotics are very good for our fowls cos it makes our fowls healhy. It acts upon the food that the fowls eat. The pro Bioics that I am using comes under the brand name BIO LIFE and for more info ,their website is at www.biolife.com.my. And NO, i am not their salesman, just one of their satisfied customer.

Once again, thank you Supermax.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Supermaxm
    Before anything else, I would like to thank you for the info on Pro Biotics which has otherwise help to enlighten an ignorant guy like me. In the past I have always known that Yoghurt is good for humans and fowls alike but the quesion is -Why? How does it work on he digestive system? Until i read your post about Pro Biotics and Yakult etc. It has given me a lot of Info and now I am using it on an alternate day basis. But how often do you recommend that we use it cos it is quite expensive to use daily. is twice a week good enough for our beloved fowls?
    Guys, these Probiotics are very good for our fowls cos it makes our fowls healhy. It acts upon the food that the fowls eat. The pro Bioics that I am using comes under the brand name BIO LIFE and for more info ,their website is at www.biolife.com.my. And NO, i am not their salesman, just one of their satisfied customer.

Once again, thank you Supermax.
    YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANY PROBIOTIC. YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN. PLEASE SEE MY BLOGSITES WHICH WILL TEACH YOU STEP BY STEP HOW TO MAKE YOGURT AT HOME AND A PROBIOTIC CALLED INDIGENOUS MICROORGANISM, A PROBIOTIC INVENTED BY DR. TERUO HIGA, THE FATHER OF ALL SIMILAR PROBIOTICS INC. YOUR BIOLIFE.

WHAT YOU ARE BUYING IS JUST A VARIATION. YOU CAN MAKE IMO AT ONLY ABOUT P25.00 PER LITER WHICH WILL LAST YOU 2 MONTHS OF DAILY USE FOR ABOUT 50 BIRDS.

IT IS BEST TO USE PROBIOTICS DAILY BUT IF YOU BUY IT, THE MAINTENANCE COST WILL BE HIGH SO ONE ALTERNATIVE IS TO MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN. IN FACT, YOU CAN ALSO CULTURE THE BB12 USING A MILK MEDIUM SIMILAR TO MAKING YOGURT. JUST FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE BUT INSTEAD OF THE YOGURT STARTER, USE THE BIFIDUS POWDER!

MANY OF OUR KASABONGS ARE ALREADY MAKING THEIR OWN PROBIOTICS BASED ON THE INFO IN MY BLOGSITES. I AM NOT CLAIMING ANY ORIGINALITY, EXCEPT FOR SOME INNOVATIONS. THE ORIGINATOR OF THIS IS THE JAPANESE DOCTOR!
    Last edited by SuperMax; May 23rd, 2008 at 06:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Supermax for the information you posted here and also at your blogsite. I'll try to make it for my fowls. All this while I'm using milk power with probiotic to feed 1 day old chicks until they're about 4 months. I noticed some improvement on the chicken health, it also minimize coccidiosis infection on the chicks.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodpm cockmates, I myself is using the Probiotics which Supermax shared to us. I'am using it for almost 2wks already and I see avery remarkable difference with their digestion, eating habit and resistance, ibang clase pati body composure. I also use this to my dogs everyday meal,maganda result Use it and see how nature works. Supermax thank you again for your contribution. More power!

C.A.T.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.T.
    Goodpm cockmates, I myself is using the Probiotics which Supermax shared to us. I'am using it for almost 2wks already and I see avery remarkable difference with their digestion, eating habit and resistance, ibang clase pati body composure. I also use this to my dogs everyday meal,maganda result Use it and see how nature works. Supermax thank you again for your contribution. More power!

C.A.T.
    WELCOME CAT! JUST PUTTING IN MY 2CENTS' WORTH.

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT YOUR DOGS AND THEIR WASTE ARE NOT AS SMELLY AS BEFORE? THAT IS PRO BIOTICS WORKING!

Post Thanks / Like

salamat sa inyo mga kbayan at may nadagdag na nman sa aking kaalaman.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodam, yes I have noticed my dog's waste is not that bad and I also noticed that after putting the IMO directly to the skin with disease (galis) after a few days the disease is gone and new fur is growing. Their eating habit also improved, kahit walang ulam IMO lang ok na. That's how nature works.

C.A.T.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello EastCoast:

I was wrong about the culture media for the LA and bifidus! Sorry, I thought it was plantarum that you wrote about. The culture media for the above which is the content of the store bought probiotic, is milk. Use skimmed milk, heat it to about 55-60 degrees centigrade then add the powder and mix vigorously and place in a styrofoam ice chest or wrap it with a thick was of newspaper. After 4-5 hours, it will have curdled if the powder is still live or active. If not it will still look like milk.

If curdled, store it in the ref and start using at the rate of 1-1/5 tbs per liter of water for your chicks but change everyday as it will be rancid after 24 hours.

Happy probio use!

Supermax

Last edited by SuperMax; May 24th, 2008 at 09:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir supermax, this is indeed an interesting subject to dwell upon and thanks to you I think many cockers or rather their fowls have benefited from the info you posted. Here in Malaysia, not many people know the benefits of using pro biotics except my pal Biring, who i met at the pi yesterday. Obviously he has been giving it to his young chicks and the results were good with regards to the chicks mortality.

Sir can we use the ordinary milk powder instead of the skimmed one? and what's the difference? I also will try to use Pro bio as a way to help in pointing my warriors this weekend. The logic is simple: If Probiotics can help to digest and absorb the food better esp the carbohydrates then surely as a result our fowls will become more energetic because so much less of the food will go to waste during the carbo loading period. Correct me if i am wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear EastCoast,

Ordinary milk will do fine. Just follow the procedure. I use skimmed milk because it's cheaper and has no butterfat. But it does not matter much. Try making yogurt and you will just buy the starter once.

Yes you can give probiotics during conditioning. Just estimate about 1/2 teaspoon per serving up to the morning of fight day. It helps point because of its readiliy available amino acids, aside from its ability to help speed up digestion.

Biring also emails me. Those who had used probiotics are converts to its use!

good luck!

Supermax

Sir supermax, this is indeed an interesting subject to dwell upon and thanks to you I think many cockers or rather their fowls have benefited from the info you posted. Here in Malaysia, not many people know the benefits of using pro biotics except my pal Biring, who i met at the pi yesterday. Obviously he has been giving it to his young chicks and the results were good with regards to the chicks mortality.

Sir can we use the ordinary milk powder instead of the skimmed one? and what's the difference? I also will try to use Pro bio as a way to help in pointing my warriors this weekend. The logic is simple: If Probiotics can help to digest and absorb the food better esp the carbohydrates then surely as a result our fowls will become more energetic because so much less of the food will go to waste during the carbo loading period. Correct me if i am wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xyryl
    salamat sa inyo mga kbayan at may nadagdag na nman sa aking kaalaman.

same here.......

Post Thanks / Like

Super Max Ok Itong Pro Boitic (yugort) Maganda Ang Galaw Itong Mga Manok Ko, Next Week Masobukan Yung Pointing Method Mo, Ngayon Palang Point Na Point Na Sila

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo_46
    Super Max Ok Itong Pro Boitic (yugort) Maganda Ang Galaw Itong Mga Manok Ko, Next Week Masobukan Yung Pointing Method Mo, Ngayon Palang Point Na Point Na Sila
    Aba. eh, GOOD LUCK! pero subukan mong merong Supermax Pointing caps at mabigla ka katulad ni Saygatel at kapatid ni Maxfly!

Post Thanks / Like

sir,

papaano ba puntahan yung blogsite mo ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlbs72
    sir,

papaano ba puntahan yung blogsite mo ?
    Click mo lang ang words- idirect ka na doon. I try mo

Post Thanks / Like