Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Knife Alignment

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Knife Alignment

Quote Originally Posted by ncyabut
    i just noticed in the big fights nowadays, almost 80% of the knives used are those thin long samurai like knives. these long slender knives seem to be very damaging in the break but a bit hard to hit when the chickens are shuffling real close. we fought recently and our knives were tied by the gaffer of ricky valencia and he ties those long slender knives. we won clean when we were able to get them on the break. but it was a bit harder when the fighting came up close on the ground. i wonder if you guys have any experience also with these kind knives.
    well i dont know what you consider long, but i put nothing shorter than a 3 inch on all my roosters. if you have ever been to derbies on the mainland those guys use SWORDS. but their birds can carry it and the steel that is used is very, very light. by the way, have you ever looked at how long the knives are of the dada guam entry. his roosters are at best med. station but he ties swords but they can carry it. also most of his birds are not fliers, more ground roosters. he might not win it all, but he fights consistent and when he hits you things happen. i guess it also depends on the type of roosters you show. instead of looking at the knife for the reason of not cutting so well, try and take a look at the rooster, maybe he was not a good cutter. just my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Knife Alignment

yah i was referring to them knives which look like swrods. much similar to the knives of dada guam. personally, i prefer "shorter" knives. but it just makes me rethink of my preference with the prevalence of them so-called "swords" being commonly used nowadays. i agree, your chickens should be able to carry these "swords' for you to be able to inflict fatal damage most especially during infighting in the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Knife Alignment

Mr.C. Suarez,

My Hat off to you sir for an excellent description of tying the Tare on almost all types of Prop toe positions and the relationship of high,medium & low points.
    You have indeed very vast knowledge in the common sense you've applied to your Tare tying.
    I do tie my birds very close to your style with the exception of two scales on the length.
    Thanks for the very educational thread.
    Yours in the sport,
    Bert Pangelinan
    Guam,Calif & now Saipan.

The best of luck to you sir!!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing your knowledge

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, how's things out there in Cebu City nice place I remembered when I was studying my degree at University of San Jose Recoletos we back in year 1980. By the way, can you show to us how to tie a traditional fork knife alignment in video instead of socket knife. Ask how much you charge if ive got my own knife material a dozen fork knives including nickel plating. What about free gaffing materials anyway . Could you please send it to me your celpon nos. incase if i enquire more from you... Thank U and best regards!!!!

Ferdinand
    email address:ferdie1@iprimus.com.au

P.S.
    Asa imo location sa Cebu bai!!!!! Same

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand
    Chris, how's things out there in Cebu City nice place I remembered when I was studying my degree at University of San Jose Recoletos we back in year 1980. By the way, can you show to us how to tie a traditional fork knife alignment in video instead of socket knife. Ask how much you charge if ive got my own knife material a dozen fork knives including nickel plating. What about free gaffing materials anyway . Could you please send it to me your celpon nos. incase if i enquire more from you... Thank U and best regards!!!!

Ferdinand

P.S.
    bai naay daghan mga sabongero s Sydney tambay s among thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcard
    Very good information. Today I was experimenting with a socket type of knife and aligned the knife with the spur ( a V between the proptoe and knife blade and low point) what happened is that the rooster was hitting mortal blows on the opponent early in the fight but when got tired he sliced himself in the neck under his face and died soon after.

lesson learned the hard way.

Redcard,

Don't worry the best lessons are learned that way. It makes sure that we will never forget it. Good luck on your future fights.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Bayong
    me too cris
    trying to pm you but inbox always full

sb

I like ASK
    easy to tie and align
    impact I think is greater than fork bec cushion is lesser
    Filamforks and Super_Bayong,

I cleared up my inbox. Anyway, I'll send you both a PM.

The ASKs are easier to tie and I also believe that they will have a greater impact than the Fork when it connects.

Chris
    Last edited by gchrissuarez; June 24th, 2009 at 11:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Pangelinan
    Mr.C. Suarez,

My Hat off to you sir for an excellent description of tying the Tare on almost all types of Prop toe positions and the relationship of high,medium & low points.
    You have indeed very vast knowledge in the common sense you've applied to your Tare tying.
    I do tie my birds very close to your style with the exception of two scales on the length.
    Thanks for the very educational thread.
    Yours in the sport,
    Bert Pangelinan
    Guam,Calif & now Saipan.

The best of luck to you sir!!!
    Mr. Pangilinan,

Thank you for your visiting and contributing to the thread as regards to the length that you use! I am just sharing how I align the knife for my birds in the hopes that it will also help others in learning how to tie the knife.

Good luck on all your future fights.

Regards,
    Chris

p.s. I think you might know some of my friends who use our knives there in Guam, Saipan and Micronesia.
    Last edited by gchrissuarez; June 24th, 2009 at 11:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand

Ferdinand

P.S.
    Hello Ferdinand,

Yes, Cebu is quite nice, you have everything here just like Manila but without the traffic. You will be surprised of how much it changed since you went to school here in USJR. Let me know if you are here for a visit, I am just in the City.

Just visit the thread often, I will upload it soon.

I will just send you an e-mail regarding your inquiry instead posting it here, we have to respect the site owner and the accredited merchants.

Best regards,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

my part time girlfriend said...my short knife is the fastest kill...stupid me... i gave her a big tip...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gchrissuarez
    Redcard,

Don't worry the best lessons are learned that way. It makes sure that we will never forget it. Good luck on your future fights.

Chris
    thanks ,those are the lessons that stick with you allright.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    my part time girlfriend said...my short knife is the fastest kill...stupid me... i gave her a big tip...

Kogs,

if your short knife is short cutting..how could you get the fastest kill? I'm sure the Long Knife have more penetration and short knife have more frustration (**).. just confused!

filamforks

Quote Originally Posted by cocker123
    Kogs,

if your short knife is short cutting..how could you get the fastest kill? I'm sure the Long Knife have more penetration and short knife have more frustration (**).. just confused!

I think that his short knife is about 3 inches and that the BIG tip there is proper or excellent alignment, plus how he use it. Multiple shuffle/cutting from the hips = fastest kill, and that's Kogs. I could be wrong though, hehe....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filamforks
    I think that his short knife is about 3 inches and that the BIG tip there is proper or excellent alignment, plus how he use it. Multiple shuffle/cutting from the hips = fastest kill, and that's Kogs. I could be wrong though, hehe....
    or fast kill would be = 5sec shuffle and done pahinga n c bai kogs

Post Thanks / Like

guys .............!

Maybe what kogs meant with the fastest kill is, it looks quick in the video like the sound a movie
    ...... pak ............. pak ............... pak .............. pak .............pak ... on its audio.
    however if you tune it down and have it in slomo .... would sound like this.
    pakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpakpa kpakpak.......... kaboom!

big tip make sense ...............! actually.
    hehehehehehehe ............... cheers!

YH
    Last edited by Yellow Hatch; June 26th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Knife Alignment

Hey Chris,

thanks for sharing your info....it really helps. Can you (when you have the time) send me pictures of your knife settings/alingments....PM or email me at arriola12055@hotmail.com..

Thank You again

Post Thanks / Like

Good Evening Sir Chris. Just incase you decide to come up to Baguio City to relax I will be very happy to be your tour guide for free; transport and lunch included. and while doing so I hope we can discuss more about KNIFE TYING... Thanks sir! "Nothing beats learning first-hand from the masters!"

MORE POWER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by profits
    sir aresfortun,

base sa aking experience may tendency na magbago ang alignment ng knife kung ang ginagamit ay traditional na sapin, gumagalaw ng konti o pumapasok o kaya ay lumalayo sa proptoe ang tari.
    Kaya gumagamit po ako ng slasher pad.

Pareng profit saan ba nakakabili ng ganyan. Slasher pad ba kamo ang pangalan? thanks.......

Post Thanks / Like

Some friends are texting and calling me so let's bring this up for them to read.

We are in the Chicken Talk forum so let us follow the thread rules and let us post in English for the benefit of our friends who don't understand Tagalog.

Post Thanks / Like

gosh,i thought i knew how to tie knife till i read this thread, i learned a lot from u guys,specially those who selflessly shared their knowledge.kudos to the thread starter,chris.
    i have had the chance to use a lot of knives from diff tari maker but not yet chris and i'm looking forwards to have the opportunity.
    thanks and keep it coming .yfis rod

Post Thanks / Like

mga bossing pwede makuha cp.num. ni bai dondon.
    marami salamat...

Post Thanks / Like

chris i have a question, i have ben observing the aliment of the knives in the 2009 WSC dvd and it seems like most of the gaffers at the WSC are tying the knife way inside (following the spur) what is the reasoning behind this? is this the latest trend in gaffing? seems like this set is only good for the ground. what are your thoughts on this new trend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejonjon
    mga bossing pwede makuha cp.num. ni bai dondon.
    marami salamat...

up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejonjon
    up

www.dondongaffshop.e-gamefarm.com

RAVELO

up up up ..........................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iking_corrales
    maraming salamat ka-sabong

Post Thanks / Like

up................... up.....................

Post Thanks / Like

more.........up.....up.....up..................... ........................

Post Thanks / Like

good evening cockmates....i'm just browsing your interesting thread, someday i am also wishing to attend a knife tying lesson so that i can gaff my own warriors...more power...