Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Knife Alignment

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Knife Alignment

nice thread...!!

keep it up....

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bump this up! I was told somebody was looking for me and this thread.

Sorry for being away from the internet for some time, will just update some photos and videos of the settings. Just visit this thread and my homepage from time to time for the updates.

Regards,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

up....up....up....up

maghihintay ako at dadalaw dalaw dito
    sa thread nyo

Post Thanks / Like

At last I found this thread again... More Power!

Post Thanks / Like

balik lang kung may time ah..

Post Thanks / Like

NICE threads Any update on the picture This will greatly help. I just fought 1x winner stag and he losses the second fight bec. my mananari was not in the pit and other mananari set the knife and my stag was hitting hard but he cannot manage to kill, and when I see his opponent he got a lot of hit but only pekete on not deep. And later on I met my mananari and he said to me" maraming sindikato raw dun sa nilalabanan namin". I think the knife setting is the culprit. bec this stag kill his opponent on the first fight with just one blow and in the second firgt he throw and hit hard but not able kill his opponent until he get trap at the glass and the opponent was able do break his wing and losses the fight.

beside Bloodline and conditioning, the knife is the final winning factor in cockfighting.

Post Thanks / Like

keep learning! it is A MUST FOR BEGINERS. Practice tying is the only way to learn,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite asil
    NICE threads Any update on the picture This will greatly help. I just fought 1x winner stag and he losses the second fight bec. my mananari was not in the pit and other mananari set the knife and my stag was hitting hard but he cannot manage to kill, and when I see his opponent he got a lot of hit but only pekete on not deep. And later on I met my mananari and he said to me" maraming sindikato raw dun sa nilalabanan namin". I think the knife setting is the culprit. bec this stag kill his opponent on the first fight with just one blow and in the second firgt he throw and hit hard but not able kill his opponent until he get trap at the glass and the opponent was able do break his wing and losses the fight.

beside Bloodline and conditioning, the knife is the final winning factor in cockfighting.
    You are absolutely right on your last sentence.

Same happened to my 2x derby winner grey. On his 3rd fight my original mananari wasn't there so my handler knew somebody. During the fight my cock's opponent made "sabit" twice and tumbled. I said that's it but to my surprise he still went up and retaliated causing to hit back on my chicken. In short we lost. With those 2 sabit which my cock did to his previous opponents is already enough but this time it did not happen. After the fight I checked the gaff and found that it is out of alignment. I also found out later that the owner of the other cock is from the same barrio of the gaffer.

Lesson: Never trust the gaffing of your chicken to someone you really don't know. And it's better to know at least the right alignment so before the gaffer permanently put the knife at least you can take a look of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we've been a victim of a poisoned knife during a bigtime derby here in Butuan City. Our cock won against a prominent cocker here and sustained just a scratch on its thigh. We beat their 5th cock gunning for champion and we both settled for a 4W - 1L record. After 1 week, I can't believe our cock died from this wound. Sayang yung manok ang galing pa naman. Maybe a rule requiring knives to be screened or checked before tying should be adopted in cockfighting. Any thoughts on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice Thread, More Info Please.
    ASILs & BLACKs D' SWEATER TERMINATOR! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

SAGRADA GAMEFARM- Pili, Camarines Sur

Bicol Gamefowl Breeder's Association (BIGBA)
    Bicol Backyard Breeders & Cockers Association (3BCA)

11. Likes jimmyo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingstaller
    I guess we've been a victim of a poisoned knife during a bigtime derby here in Butuan City. Our cock won against a prominent cocker here and sustained just a scratch on its thigh. We beat their 5th cock gunning for champion and we both settled for a 4W - 1L record. After 1 week, I can't believe our cock died from this wound. Sayang yung manok ang galing pa naman. Maybe a rule requiring knives to be screened or checked before tying should be adopted in cockfighting. Any thoughts on this.
    You're right Sir! There also should be a screening of knives prior to heeling. Some "sabungan" practice this screening but mostly only during derbies. Mindanao is known to manufacture these knives with extra "sting".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARESFORTUN
    Verrrrry Nice thread!....

Sir Chris, i will really appreciate it if you can post alignment pictures. thanks and more power!

Regards,
    Sir cris me too ill be waiting 4 d Pic. onegaishimasu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hAYN JJ
    Up Up Up.......
    watashi mo up up dake

CAN /MINDORO /NEGROS OCC. Talisay City -WWW.romy3388multiply.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

AFTER reading deffirent point I am desiding to
    order more blade. what we need now would you say
    a straighter blade. since we have already a curve type.

CAN /MINDORO /NEGROS OCC. Talisay City -WWW.romy3388multiply.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

sabi ng handler ko kong powede lang na
    padalhan ng talibung iyong manok ay.
    iwan ko ba.

may happlos din ba ang habagat?

Post Thanks / Like

up up my friends.

Post Thanks / Like

I started tying the knife on my roosters last June 23 till now using SOME tips i got from here the results are 4 wins and 2 loses.... I am not yet really convinced if I have my alignment right. I hope we can see the alignment picture soon c/o our threadstarter. THANK YOU SIR!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Knife Alignment

romy 3388...i'd been contemplating on that type of knife design(straight and at med point).

Post Thanks / Like

they've been using the almost straight tare in the 1960s. i guess it evolved into the very curved blade with the intro of multiple shuffling fowls. check out mr lansang's book (made in 1960s), the blades pictured were not very curved.

i would like to try it myself in the future as an experiment. i have seen some designs i like from mr banderado's web page.

Post Thanks / Like

up up

Post Thanks / Like

up, up, up.....

Quote Originally Posted by MARLON A. PO
    Another thing is the size of the Blade or the length of the gaff that we should use to our cocks, could anyone in the thread members here could tell us what should be the desire length that is right to be tied to a cock with their corresponding weight? I appreciate much to all cockmates who can contribute or has a wide experience on this event so that others may also gain an experience.
    Sir Chris, I hope you can post the alignment pictures soon. Also, can you upload your video on determining the right knife length. I bought your knife tying VCD some years back and I remember a section in it which showed how to determine the right knife length.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Chris , I hope you can find time to open and comment on this pictures... I am not sure if this alignment is the same with what your are trying to tell us. I am a beginner and I tied this yesterday, it Won but the fight went into a drag.

Thanks and More Power!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/100_0001.jpg
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/100_0002.jpg

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Chris , I hope you can find time to open and comment on this pictures... I am not sure if this alignment is the same with what your are trying to tell us. I am a beginner and I tied this yesterday, it Won but the fight went into a drag.

Sir ARESFORTUN, I'm also a beginner and I'm just basing my comment on Sir Chris' 3rd check.

It looks as if your knife is tied a bit high. Nothing wrong with a high point knife especially if your cock is a flyer and hits his opponent on the break, but he may have a hard time killing his opponent on the ground. Also, as per Sir Chris, you are giving away some reach advantage.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Aresfortun, based on the pix you posted, the knife was set a bit higher from prop toe and "pasok"

resized_hi-point.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

base naman sa obserbasyon ko sa picture ay pasok ang asinta at medyo high point nga o nasa taas ng level ng tahid ang tare.. hindi nga lang sure kung highpoint nga ang tare kasi medyo nakatagilid...

sir ano ba ang ginawang sugat sa kalaban? mahabang hiwa ba? ganito kasi ang ginawang sugat ng manok ko sa kalaban ng tarian ko ng sobrang pasok. masmaganda kasi kung baon na medyo wasak..

Post Thanks / Like

sir aresfortun,

base sa aking experience may tendency na magbago ang alignment ng knife kung ang ginagamit ay traditional na sapin, gumagalaw ng konti o pumapasok o kaya ay lumalayo sa proptoe ang tari.
    Kaya gumagamit po ako ng slasher pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and More Power!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/100_0001.jpg
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/100_0002.jpg

Regards,
    Sir,
    Congratulations on your win.
    very good pictures,
    Here is my humble opinion on your setting: 100_001.jpg first picture, your knife is aligned too far in, notice the gap between the proptoe and tari base is a wide "V" , I usually align with a skinnier "v" . what I aim for is the blade lining up in between the knee bones or prop toe tendon. if you flex the proptoe up and down notice the tendon in between the knee bones moving, thats what I align with.

2nd pic, your tari is tied a little too high up on the shank, about 4 mm would be right on.

of course this is just my opinion, I am also a beginner tying 17 fights so far. Keep practicing, and keep in mind that even if you knife alignment is perfect but your bird is off then there's nothing you can do.

hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all your inputs...

Indeed I guess it was set a little bit high, I am in the process of experimenting since I am afraid setting it a bit lower might cause the rooster not to have a full grip on the ground for that much needed blows (this is based on on the thread starter's input).

My rooster was actually hit first in the air in the initial buckles but it was not a major hit so when it went to the ground he was able to connect his own punches and that started the drag. The fatal wounds are; opponent has a stub wound near the base of the neck and a semi deep slash cut under the wings. Others are superficial. I did not see the wound personally as this was relayed to me by its handler.

I was trying to set the "V", and I have a feeling probably my setting moved. I am not really sure... Thanks sir Profits- I will try to look for a slasher pad and try it sometime.

Another query, what is the so called "PECTUS", How do you do it???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcard
    Sir,
    Congratulations on your win.
    very good pictures,
    Here is my humble opinion on your setting: 100_001.jpg first picture, your knife is aligned too far in, notice the gap between the proptoe and tari base is a wide "V" , I usually align with a skinnier "v" . what I aim for is the blade lining up in between the knee bones or prop toe tendon. if you flex the proptoe up and down notice the tendon in between the knee bones moving, thats what I align with.

2nd pic, your tari is tied a little too high up on the shank, about 4 mm would be right on.

of course this is just my opinion, I am also a beginner tying 17 fights so far. Keep practicing, and keep in mind that even if you knife alignment is perfect but your bird is off then there's nothing you can do.

hope this helps.

Thanks sir!

Nice observation sir. I am now actually communicating with sir Chris and you share the same comment- the "V" is very wide. I will try to check this tendon when I go to my roosters...

God Bless!

Post Thanks / Like

nice discussion....
    keep it up mga sir.....