Thread: Lemon & Kelso

dantherh

Cool Lemon & Kelso

Hello friends!

I need your help on the characteristics of the LEMON and the KELSO lines. I just want to know what kind of fighting style, color, body confirmation, color of the legs, striaght or pea combed? I would be grateful to recieve responses from you guys. It is just that i'm thinking of acquiring one of these lines. Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking lemon kelso cross

pare ko, ang lemon usually madiskarte at maganda ang cutting... yelloy legs, straight combed... ang kelso naman cutting din at maasahan ang shuffle... straight combed at white legs wine red ang pulok... maganda silang i-cross pareho sa hatch... but i don't think maganda silang i-cross sa isa't-isa... i have solid lemon bloodlines that have nicked with sweaters and hatches... likewise my hatch kelso crosses have won in big-time fights... so there you have it.:hat:

dantherh
    ncyabut!

Sir! Thanks so much!

dantherh

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

capt.

musta?

Post Thanks / Like

Lemon x Kelso

dantherh - don't waste ur time making this lemon x kelso crosses, it will not make you win much.

I agree with "ncyabut" you just cross these to lines such the likes : Lemon x Sweater {i suggest , barnette}; Kelso x RoundHead { i suggest Boston}.

You try to get Lemon84 for your lemon base and better if could acquire Kelos of Bob Howard or J.Fowler for your second base...

Cheerz!!!

triplus
    hindi ako sang ayon sayo secondwind. in fact i tried crossing this lines. 5 lemon/kelso crosses; dalawa sa kanila tiglimang panalo 1 apat, at 2 tatlong panalo. sa ngayon dalawa nalang ang natira sa akin ang dalawa ay natalo na, ang isa ibinigay ko sa best frend ko for broodcock.

It depends upon your selection. "There's always the best lemon and the best kelso."

Post Thanks / Like
    Have Robbie White Kelso, the main bloodline for crosses in my farm in Banate, Iloilo. Dark-red with some white feathers in its tail & wings, white legs, straight comb with medium station in height. Fights well both on the air and in the ground.

Also have Lemon seedfowls from Lance dela Torre. Yellow-legged, pea-comb and smart fighters. Crossed these two bloodlines & was able to fight their 2 offspring in PAGBA's 4 cock derby last Nov. 29th. Both won unscathed. Luckily, was able to videotape the derby. The one with Lemon features fought really like a Lemon. Ilag at angat na shuffles ang ginawa. The darker-feathered one did a power fight. After the first break, a quick multiple shuffles in the ground ended the fight. To those who were able to purchase the video, the above fights were nos. 4 & 59, respectively.

They will be around 2 years old by January. Hope they will win again if they are included in the selection for our entry in the very prestigious 7-cock Candelaria derby.

Bayani
    Danthert,
    Lemons are smart or simply the favored base blood of most breeders I know. Color varies from light to dark red, ussually peacomb, yellow or white leg.
    Kelsos are known for its good cutting ability and speed.ussually S-comb, white legs and dark red.

I've been using this crosses(Kelso-lemon) since 1997. :sprcool:

Post Thanks / Like

Lemon & Kelso

Hi Dantherh,

I'm also from Las Pinas Talon III, I have some kelso and Lemon. My kelso is a high breaker throw alot of feet too. I've crossed my Lemon to my Pumpkin Albany and now I called them Gold. For me the best combination of bloodlines are Lemon and Albany, not only they're high breaker, smart, good cutter and also you can compete them in any good bloodline. I've been using this crosses since '91. Infact I'd just beat a expensive sweater last march 31s derby in Las Pinas. I only used two Lemon Albany blood in our two entry, one win and the other one shown an excitement fight that turn in a draw in 15 seconds.

dantherh
    PAJARO_ORO

good Day! Where in Talon 3? Near St. Francis? Golden Gate? etc... I'm from Talon 2.
    Anyways, I also joined the March 31st derby in Las Piņas. Luckily, all won. What entry name did you use? Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

Flying Gold 91

Congratulations,
    Flying Gold 91 is the name of my entry, I got 2 loss and one draw from this entry, the other one is Jusby AJ/FG91
    entry from my friend in Oakland, he only got 1 win, he's the one who used my Lemon/Albany against Tanauan/Quezon. In my entry I used one Bulik, one imported Lacy Roundhead both lost and one gold (draw). Maybe it's not our time yet. We're located at Admiral Rd. Casimiro Townhouse, but our breeding place is in batangas. Goodluck to you.

dantherh
    PAJARO_ORO

Ok. My entry name is DANFRAN GEN. MDSE. Hope to talk to you in one of the derbies. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

DANFRAN

I've seen this entry too on Dec 27, 2003, I reviewed my tape and I saw your entry in the list on that day. My entry is MR_CB Flying Gold, how's your entry scored. Mine got 1,1,1.

ricko
    I have a hatch pullet and 2 broodcocks roundhead, and kelso. I need some advice which one of those 2 cocks is a good match for my hatch hen?

james wolf
    mate to both & wait a yr or so, you can decide for yourself what mating you want to cont. ( too many different types of hatches, roundheads, or kelsos for anyone to tell you what is best) Jim

valiant

Lemon ko

my lemon at home is not fighting like lemon lines used to be during sparing, what shall I do? what conditioning is best for lemon line?

Bayani
    valiant,
    mine i fyt them empty(not hungry).:sprcool:

dantherh
    Bayani,
    Thanks so much for the info!

dantherh
    PAJARO_ORO
    I also joined last Dec. 27, 2003, luckily all won. The base blood for that entry was Boston Rounhead. Of course crosses.

Bayani
    DANTHERH,

If u've got bakbakan'01 my entry was Janis-Migba(score 7-1) and bakbakan,03 my entry was D'bagani(7-1). Majority I use there were lemon kelso. I even fought 2 7/8lemon-1/8kelso in B'03 but the other lost kay P.antonio, but it was a nice fight. both were wounded and PA's stag knife stuck at the back of my stag. Kulang pa ng swerte.

when u have a schedule spar be sure to reduce the feeding in the morning of the spar para ganda spar. me I give only 25 grams per hd.:sprcool:

rrsegala
    :innocent: mga cockmates, i have this Kelso stag & Albany stag. what do u think is the best stag to mate with my Green Legged Lemon84? Kelso or Albany? thanks...

dantherh
    BAYANI

What is the best percentage of crossing lemon and kelso? Is it 1/2lemon 1/2 kelso or it depends thru trial and error on how the offsprings will perform?

Bayani
    dantherh,

I prefer the 3/4lemon and 7/8lemon coz they're a bit taller than the 50-50. if medium lang ang 50/50 ang 3/4 &7/8 medium tall. I will review bakbakan tape so u can see this bidies in action. I dont remember the fyt # but I know the other that lost fyt with P.Antonio is a 7/8lemon.:sprcool:

Post Thanks / Like
    lemon good fighting defensive style , kelso predominantly high breakers , good cutting , fast pace fight style....:smoke: