Thread: blue legged hatch?

greyshooters

Exclamation blue legged hatch?

has anyone ever heard of blue legged hatches. a buddy of mine hatched a few and we are not sure how that happened. anyone have any info.

hAYN JJ

Re: blue legged hatch?

Im pretty sure that Mclean hacth throws blue legs every now and then with out the parents being blue leg... I have two brothers of pure mclean and one came out blue leg..

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: blue legged hatch?

Quote Originally Posted by hAYN JJ
    Im pretty sure that Mclean hacth throws blue legs every now and then with out the parents being blue leg... I have two brothers of pure mclean and one came out blue leg..
    yeah it also happen to my green legged mclean hatch

EDD E.C.

yeah mine too with a little bit of yellowish
    Quote Originally Posted by hAYN JJ

orlando

Quote Originally Posted by greyshooters
    has anyone ever heard of blue legged hatches. a buddy of mine hatched a few and we are not sure how that happened. anyone have any info.
    verify the origin of your hathes. if the breeder is breeding both green and blue legged hatch broodfowls,the broodfowls you got are green legs but are relatives.
    here is the scenario,how it happened:
    1.green legged hatch broodcock bred to a blue legged broodhen, the pullets from this mating are all green legs but have blue blood color in them.
    2. mate the green legged pullets back to the green legged father, all male offsprings are green legs and some with blueblood trace in them because of their mothers influence.
    3.if you got the male gren legged offring with blue blood trace in him and one of the pullets from 1, then its likely that one or two blueleggs offsprings will come out of this mating.
    4 if you got only the pullet from 1 and breed her to agreen legged broodcock,and then breed back the greenlegged son to her,blue legged is also likelyfrom the mating.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue legged fowl from green legged parents simply means that somewhere back in their ancestry there was some white legged blood in the family. Another way to say it is that the green legged parents were not pure for the green legged gene. Doesn't hurt a thing.

orlando

producing recessive blue legged offspring from heterogous dominant white legged parents is common or normal,but producing dominantwhite legged offspring from recessive blue legged isnot.
    same is true with dominant and heterogous blue legged parents producing green legged offrings iscommon or normal,but producing dominant blue legged offspring from recessive green legged parents is not.that reason for the inquiry i bellieve.

Post Thanks / Like

I should have stated that my experience with this stems from Inbreeding/Linebreeding. After Inbreeding/Linebreeding the original light green legged fowl (as opposed to dark green legs like a Leiper) a couple of generations, I began to get blue legged offspring. I was originally told my fowl were "Robbie White Hatch". After further investigation I discovered they were actually from his 7/8 Kelso yard (7/8 Kelso 1/8 Boles Asil) crossed with Bates Hatch, theoretically making them 1/2 Bates Hatch 7/16 Kelso and 1/16 Boles Asil (Robbie White originally called them his "Right Ins I believe). I Inbred/Linebred to keep them coming the same as the originals. Of course the White Legged blood from the Kelso family along with the Green Legged blood of the Bates produced the Blue Legs. The Blue legged offspring are equally as good as the originals.