San Jose Del Monte City, Bulacan, Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

How to select the best fighting cock

Things You’ll Need:
    A clear eye
    good sense of perception
    gentle and caring hands

Step1

The Head. There are only 2 types of heads a cock possess. The small head which carries a pea-comb and the large headed straight comb cock. Most cockers and breeders prefer small heads for aesthetic purposes. It's up to you to choose according to your preference.

Step2

The Eyes. Any color of the eyes will do as long as it's clear, alert and bright, well-proportioned, and well-focused. Most cockers and breeders prefer red eyes since it connotes American blood in them.

Step3

The Beak. Big thick beaks show that the cock can execute firm billholds, long thin beaks are signs of speed and agility, and hooked beaks are good for billholding too. Whatever the type of beak you prefer, it should close and set well, and the upper and lower beaks should fit in tightly.

Step4

The Face. The skin on the face of the cock should have a smooth red face. Rough faced cocks are either old and/or bred haphazardly.

Step5

The Neck.
    The neck should be well-proportioned with the body. Feathers around the neck must be full, shiny and smooth.

Step6

The Shoulders. Should be broad, muscular, and a bit wider in relation to the back and the rest of the body.

Step7

The Breast. Must be full of flesh and rounded barely noticing the bone feeling the meat and not the fat.

Step8
    The Back. The broader the back, the more power it packs.

Step9

The Tail. The tail base should be thick but pliable. Generally, broad tail feathers connotes imported blood, while narrow feathers shows Oriental and/or native infusion.

Step10

The Wings. Long wings mean more shuffling is expected while short wings are meant for clipping in midair.

Step11

The Thighs. Must be longer than the shanks and must be full of supple muscles to create more power while hitting.

Step12

The Shanks.
    Scaly parts of the feet (aka "Adidas") Big stubby shanks pack more power but a clear sign of slow-footedness, thin shanks are a clear indication of speed and agility.

Step13

The Toes. Smooth and small is always the desirable sign of speed
    Last edited by tiger501a; July 10th, 2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: i put colors

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to select the best fighting cock

nice one....up...up...up....

chief_dee

upupup natin para makita

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: How to select the best fighting cock

Nice info sir Tiger 501a!!! makikitaas na din........

Post Thanks / Like

A Tested and Proven Bloodline in Derbies....

Properly trained and hardened

Healthy

Conditioned very well

Good pointing 1 hour before the fight

Good body conformation

Proper fighting weight

Proper setting of knife

Proper handling of ur handler (tupada/hackfight)

Gaining a high score of grading system on his previous sparring and really proves that he's the best fighting cock you have....
    Last edited by phoenix101; July 11th, 2008 at 10:51 AM.

yokers

Quote Originally Posted by tiger501a
    Things You’ll Need:
    A clear eye
    good sense of perception
    gentle and caring hands

Step1

The Head. There are only 2 types of heads a cock possess. The small head which carries a pea-comb and the large headed straight comb cock. Most cockers and breeders prefer small heads for aesthetic purposes. It's up to you to choose according to your preference.

Step2

The Eyes. Any color of the eyes will do as long as it's clear, alert and bright, well-proportioned, and well-focused. Most cockers and breeders prefer red eyes since it connotes American blood in them.

Step3

The Beak. Big thick beaks show that the cock can execute firm billholds, long thin beaks are signs of speed and agility, and hooked beaks are good for billholding too. Whatever the type of beak you prefer, it should close and set well, and the upper and lower beaks should fit in tightly.

Step4

The Face. The skin on the face of the cock should have a smooth red face. Rough faced cocks are either old and/or bred haphazardly.

Step5

The Neck.
    The neck should be well-proportioned with the body. Feathers around the neck must be full, shiny and smooth.

Step6

The Shoulders. Should be broad, muscular, and a bit wider in relation to the back and the rest of the body.

Step7

The Breast. Must be full of flesh and rounded barely noticing the bone feeling the meat and not the fat.

Step8

Step9

The Tail. The tail base should be thick but pliable. Generally, broad tail feathers connotes imported blood, while narrow feathers shows Oriental and/or native infusion.

Step10

The Wings. Long wings mean more shuffling is expected while short wings are meant for clipping in midair.

Step11

The Thighs. Must be longer than the shanks and must be full of supple muscles to create more power while hitting.

Step12

The Shanks.
    Scaly parts of the feet (aka "Adidas") Big stubby shanks pack more power but a clear sign of slow-footedness, thin shanks are a clear indication of speed and agility.

Step13

very well said pre..,,.,.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix101
    A Tested and Proven Bloodline in Derbies....

Properly trained and hardened

Healthy

Conditioned very well

Good pointing 1 hour before the fight

Good body conformation

Proper fighting weight

Proper setting of knife

Proper handling of ur handler (tupada/hackfight)

Gaining a high score of grading system on his previous sparring and really proves that he's the best fighting cock you have....

Let us put our selection of fowls here so others can learn how to, thanks Phoenix.

magnongforce

thanks!!

good thread...

first taymer

Sir Salamat sa magandang ifo. dagdag kaalaman ito lalo na sa akin na bago lang magmanok. Sana sir marami ka oang matulungang katulad ko. More wins to come sir....

Obando-Bulacan / San Dionisio-Parañaque City
    Post Thanks / Like

Salamat...maganda ito at sana'y marami
    pang mag-contribute.

Come-on guys please!

Post Thanks / Like

........................karlitos way

How to Start Right in Cockfighting

To be able to achieve your goal in cockfighting, you must have the right start and the right attitude. These particular attitudes will help you in dealing with the pitfalls you might encounter. These attitudes are:

Step1Always try to have the best. Try to have the best your money can buy or make your money have the best there is possible. The best fowls, facilities, feeds, and care does not assure you of a win but surely you are now one step ahead if you have these.
    Step2Never expect too much. Even if you have the best, never underestimate your opponents or over-estimate your fowls. Always remember that with wins, there are also losses.
    Step3Persistence and patience. The number of wins is proportional to the amount of effort you put in. So prepare yourself with the tedious day to day task in caring for your winged gladiators.
    Step4Do not discount Luck. Cockfighting always gives you a 50% chance of winning or losing. Both cocks are armed with razor sharp blades and both are conditioned for the fight. Lady Luck is always there to change opportunities for us all.

Post Thanks / Like

for more informations on karlitosway heres the link
    http://www.ehow.com/members/karlitosway.html

Post Thanks / Like

up...up...up...up... Gandang gabi at gandang araw po sa lahat............

snipeng200

You should have a Chicken Sense at all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sir, ako simple lang pag pumili ng manok gusto ko yung senyalado...
    pinaka magandang senyales yung itinataas ng sentenciador pag katapos ng laban wala daw ka talo talo yun!

Post Thanks / Like

sige taas din natin to, heheheheheheh

aurora gold

para madali ang selection ng mga sinasabi nyong BEST na yan.............doon kayo sa halera ng mga winners mamili
    Last edited by aurora gold; July 29th, 2008 at 06:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Galing!

Sa labanan sa sabungan aking pinagmamasdan mga manok at ginagawang guide sa pagpili ng tatayahan ang mga indicators na nasambit dito...

snipeng200

mahilig ka dapat sa manok peace..

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: How to select the best fighting cock

When selecting the best fighting cocks I just use my eyes, my hands, my ears, my brain and also my own intuition. That's all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great topic... tnx

Post Thanks / Like

Napaka gandang tips! sir tiger501a

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westpointe
    Napaka gandang tips! sir tiger501a
    Walang ano man westpointe, eh nabasa ko lang rin yan sa ibang site, kaya i share ko rin dito para di na kayo mahirapan mag hanap okay sige thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: How to select the best fighting cock

very informative,happy cocking

Post Thanks / Like

Things You’ll Need:
    A clear eye
    good sense of perception
    gentle and caring hands

Step1

Step2

Step3

Step4

Step5

The Neck.

Step6

Step7

Step8

Step9

Step10

Step11

Step12

The Shanks.

Step13

Thanks for sharing these desirable physical traits.Butwhats more important in my opinion is the winning bloodline regardless of their looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Things You’ll Need:
    A clear eye
    good sense of perception
    gentle and caring hands

Step1

Step2

Step3

Step4

Step5

The Neck.

Step6

Step7

Step8

Step9

Step10

Step11

Step12

The Shanks.

Step13

heheheh ganito ho ba iyong selection ng makaklaban ng manok ko sa MAIN ntin sir???? i'm scared..

by the way its never too late...mdami p kmi s pagpipilian n stag...sir ung hindi nkapasa sa selection nyo CULL n ho ba???... tnx ho sa info.

Post Thanks / Like

i have one kind of chicken multiple winner because he's good in air maneuver. the next time i fought him he face a wine red fowl he never goes up with the air when my cock touches the ground, he shuffle much, my cock run away with little scratches on his leg. the next fight season i bring blacks they are fast quick draw they outfight this breed. the next time i bring my super fast, i met sweaters they are vertical whenever my cocks charge they go up in the air with multiple shuffler my cock end up standing dead. the next fighting season i bring sweaters nice sweaters with diff. crosses have a lot of wins the next time i bring him i met asil my sweaters didn't charge, didn't fly either but wait and wait and wait. finally my sweaters charge, the asil fly little backward with one or two flick in the air when my sweater touch the ground his right leg down and he gets a lot of funishment from asil...when the next fighting season near i will go back to my balulang white hen to kill this asil....meanwhile i will play jack en 'poy to my child just to practice more the technique.

......just my one cent story fable (ref: WSC DVD complilation)

Post Thanks / Like

Tiger, Nice info...On my part the important is what we call " LINYADA"..In my opnion physical appearance is important but pagdating sa rueda ang linyada na ang lumalabas. Kung winning line ang nakuha mo talagang mananalo yan..Kaya kung kukuha ka ng manok make sure doon sa talagang kilala mo or honest breeder talaga so that he will give you the best bloodline that he got. Just an opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hard boiled
    heheheh ganito ho ba iyong selection ng makaklaban ng manok ko sa MAIN ntin sir???? i'm scared..

by the way its never too late...mdami p kmi s pagpipilian n stag...sir ung hindi nkapasa sa selection nyo CULL n ho ba???... tnx ho sa info.
    hindi naman cull, i nilalaban parin, pero minimun bet lang, para makita parin ang acuracy ng mga palahi mo kahit ganun ang itsura or lower class sa mga selection mo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmndafable
    i have one kind of chicken multiple winner because he's good in air maneuver. the next time i fought him he face a wine red fowl he never goes up with the air when my cock touches the ground, he shuffle much, my cock run away with little scratches on his leg. the next fight season i bring blacks they are fast quick draw they outfight this breed. the next time i bring my super fast, i met sweaters they are vertical whenever my cocks charge they go up in the air with multiple shuffler my cock end up standing dead. the next fighting season i bring sweaters nice sweaters with diff. crosses have a lot of wins the next time i bring him i met asil my sweaters didn't charge, didn't fly either but wait and wait and wait. finally my sweaters charge, the asil fly little backward with one or two flick in the air when my sweater touch the ground his right leg down and he gets a lot of funishment from asil...when the next fighting season near i will go back to my balulang white hen to kill this asil....meanwhile i will play jack en 'poy to my child just to practice more the technique.

......just my one cent story fable (ref: WSC DVD complilation)

sali na lang ako sa jack en poy nyo sir!!!!