Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Carter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Larry Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SACRAMENTO
    Larry Carter fowl is an all around figther, but they are late maturing, when they molt, an outstanding chicken
    that's good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mel mendoza
    if you guys saw the Wsc May 2007 .. ENTRY NAME Bj Tangle....the golden gray they fought and win..thats a larry carter blend....

THAT'S INTERESTING TO KNOW, BRO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SACRAMENTO
    Larry Carter fowl is an all around figther, but they are late maturing, when they molt, an outstanding chicken

They are like Dan Gray, late maturing chicken but deadlly after moulting and lot of feet throwing in front of opponents.....

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Larry Carter

does any1 knows who have good hulseys

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Larry Carter

A FREIND OF MINE BOUGHT 2 TRIOS OF THE GOLDS AND GREYS,HE RAISED A BUNCH OF THEM,NOW THIS MAN HAS BEEN A COCKER HIS WHOLE LIFE HE IS ABOUT 56 YEARS OLD,THIS IS A CHICKEN MAN.HE OFFERED TO SELL ME BOTH TRIOS DIRT CHEAP 150.00 A PIECE? HE SAID THEY WERE JUNK AND HE SAID IF YOU ORDER CHICKENS STAY AWAY FROM MR.CARTER HE SENT ME CHICKENS WHITCH WERE NO GOOD.I SAW THEM FIGHT AND HE WAS RIGHT SO THATS MY VIEW?
    Quote Originally Posted by guamgazu
    No comment's here jst sum question's!
    *Is larry carter an honest breeder?
    *If I send my hard earned cash!Will I get what I payed for?

Post Thanks / Like

A friend asked me to breed a Larry Carter Pumpkin trio. didn't produce well. very sickly fowls. Broodcock does throw a lot of feet. heck! he even throws them even when the other cock is 3 feet away. hitting nothing but air (but sometimes he gets it in). good to spar with hatches. but doesn't do well against lemons and sweaters. but others who saw him spar likes him. so maybe its just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, All

I've thumbed through most of this thread. I ain't sure who knows him or who's done biz with him. What I know is this. My ol man knew him not only as a chicken man but in the Rodeo days of thier youth. I've done biz with him with no problems. I have golden speckled Pumpkin Hulsey's of his. Yes, I'm a happy camper. Would, I do biz with Larry Carter again in the future? Yes, I will !! Do I have faith in his bloodlines? I wouldn't have got them if I didn't.

Just my 2 cents
    JB

Post Thanks / Like

Any breeder that sells alot of chickens is going sell some goods and bad ones in my opinion. I orderd a trio of Bates Greys from Larry Carter after talking to him on the phone several times. I couldn't have asked for a better looking trio, and the offspring have shown to be just as impressive. The brood cock is as long legged as they come and will go vertical as high as it takes and shuffle all the way down. I also know someone who worked closely with Mr. Carter that has his Hulseys and I haven't seen many chickens that could compete with them in the LK. They are as good of chickens as I have seen. But I've heard from others that weren't pleased. Buying fowl is a gamble in most cases, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Post Thanks / Like

lets bring this up....

aurora gold

we bred his pumpkin hulsey hen with our mclean-leiper hatch broodcock and threw stags with greenlegs.....with dark red featherings like their father..........all of them.the pumpkin hulsey has pumpkin featherings and yellow legs.we were surprised ..........how come a dominant color like yellow shanks of a hen could be override with green shanks of a cock.

one of the 5 offsprings................
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...a/DSC00670.jpg

his half brother..........from larry carter gold broodhen.........
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...a/DSC00849.jpg

the yellow leg version has better fighting ability.........but the green leg version has more power.
    Last edited by aurora gold; September 7th, 2008 at 01:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

lets bring this up....

Post Thanks / Like

My 21 karat Gold

Post Thanks / Like

Very Good bloodlines.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has pictures of his Golden Greys please post.

Post Thanks / Like

i have some of this blood the pumkin exclent blood i have seen the greys exclent blood to both golden and bates my father has 15 hens roosters of the golden greys exclent fowl

as for the hulsey you x them you will improve any line of fowl you have with them for sabong compation in big or small derbys in my opiion the goolden greys are reedy for compition as soon as you buy them from lary the pumklins need to be xst for the big time derby for smaller derbys they fight exclent pure i have some xst with the other stranes of pumkins exclent fowl most pumkin stranes i have found latly at one time or another came from lary carter or his father origanlaly and you take this guys stranes that he has had for 5 or more years from lary buy a trio from him buy a trio from lary mate lary cock to a lary hen A then take lary cock breed him to the other mans strane of pumkin that got fowl from larry 5 or more yrs ago hen A then breed other cock to larry hen B and his henB that he came with .. bam you will have 4 difrent strnes of fowl but simalr blood of fowl find out wich 2 pairs produce the best then buy yourself an icubatar and get reedy to do some wining boys..

also after this breed the difrnt ofsprings to each other and find out wich ofsprings win more bread to each other dont be afrade to use that old toe punch boys and them zip and or jiffy wing bands to mark them as this is the only way you will be sucees full and when they get biger leg band them ..

also i woud be proud to show his fowl pure in any derby other then the world slasher and
    i woud even do that if the cock was a 2 or 3 time ace winer allredy .

another exampal on breeding the way i mentioned above read the aug/ sep 2008 of the game cock about the lundy roundheads that is what i am trying to tell you men and women above just aply it to your pumkins i think it was the best article in the magizen this month .. ...

Post Thanks / Like

also the late muturing deal is true i have not have had some turn game untill 8 months at erlyest to 12 months but if you guys want some fast muturing fowl buy roundheads.. if you have any pumkins from larry here in the states and are not satified with the parent stock and some of the ofsprings i may be intrested in buy a few from you .. ..

but i have had certen hens as soon as the chicks they threw were a month old the chicks were killing each other from babys ..

when i say threw i mean the eggs they layed that i hached and they hached but allways the eggs thse certen hens layed

Post Thanks / Like

Question LARRY CARTER

Anyone Knows Where Larry Carter Got His Broodstock From To Make Up His Pumpkins And Golden Greys?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LARRY CARTER

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch Black
    Anyone Knows Where Larry Carter Got His Broodstock From To Make Up His Pumpkins And Golden Greys?
    His Punkins are Hulseys ( not to be confused with Duke Hulsey ) & I think he made the Golden Greys by crossing the Hulseys with his Bates Greys.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats exactly the way I heard it.

Post Thanks / Like

His Golden Greys are half Bates Grey a quarter Hulsey and a quarter Golden Roundhead.

ghetto_grappler

have visited Larry Carter's yard that's all I gotta say.

Post Thanks / Like

I read in one of the mags ( Gamecock I think ) that Larry is selling out.

Post Thanks / Like

I Heard He Was Selling Out Too. But Hes Not. Hes Just Moving To Oklahoma And Has To Cut Back On Some Fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

ive seen original brood stock from him sent to a friend of mines that paid about 1500.00 US when he was advertising his trios for 750.00 the original pumpkins looked nothing like the pumpkins everyones fighting now. the brood cock was a lght red color with white in the wings and tail, big bodied, and also had a big pimply head. didnt look to pretty but when sparred he made you forget about his looks.

Post Thanks / Like

LARRY CARTER

I was told by a man that has had them for 25+ years from him that Larry Original Pure Stock are supposed to be..... Straight Combed and Yellow Legged w/a greenish tint in the legs. Said the PC and WL started coming up after he put some of that golden roundhead in them years ago. When I talked to Larry last year he said he had to move by May 08 .. guess he stayed a little longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry Carter fowl

Has anyone bought any birds from Larry Carter? if yes, what are your results with the offspring.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Larry Carter fowl

When he lived in oklahoma he told a friend of mine that he would buy any pmpukin cocks that he had ,and he would sell them as his hulsey blood I dont know the man but that was what i was told.

Post Thanks / Like

hes got really nice husley grey mix

Post Thanks / Like

The last ones I seen him show were high flyers that missed the opponent, and when they hit the ground they were murdered.... .If you wanted Hulsey/Greys I would go for the ones that done so well at the Bayou in the LK.They show under different entry names depending on who backs them but have won a lot of big derbies with them.Good luck trying to get in contact with them as they don't advertise or sell much.

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

we got his greys, calls them bates grey..

the ofsprings are in range right now, not a lot of them were produced as the pair had difficulty adjusting to the weather, but they've adjusted ever since and we will be using them this breeding season.