Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Carter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Larry Carter fowl

Hey Zac when and where was the last time you lookd at Larrys birds?

junebug32

These two roosters are 1/2 bates grey(Larry Carter)1/2 Puckett grey.They both are brothers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zacdaddy77
    The last ones I seen him show were high flyers that missed the opponent, and when they hit the ground they were murdered.... .If you wanted Hulsey/Greys I would go for the ones that done so well at the Bayou in the LK.They show under different entry names depending on who backs them but have won a lot of big derbies with them.Good luck trying to get in contact with them as they don't advertise or sell much.
    ,Zac
    What I was told that if you break with Larry's bloodlines you are in a bad situation... but if you don't you will get what Zac has mentioned. Gotta admit Zac that first one was nice the other 4 pure azz whippin's
    Last edited by Smoke23; May 22nd, 2009 at 03:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by purebreed8; May 22nd, 2009 at 05:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claudio411
    Hey Zac when and where was the last time you lookd at Larrys birds?
    Recently somewhere in Dixie...

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

i i have no problem with his fowl course he had many difrent boord pens of all his breeds my frend has the bates and they are asome what ever you x them with he also gave and sold me some of the hulsey and they just flat murder another cock the thing with larrys blood line that is difrent then the way i breed um every once in a wile you get a white hulsey rooster and he can sell all the pumkin hulsey coolerd roosters but a white one never gets put back in the brood pen it gets sold you need thes sports to make the line strong you get white hen every onse in a wile to put them back to the pumkin you i think this is whhy i doo good i have a a punkin line and i white line of these chickens if . i also think his chickens are tight line breed as when you x these hulseys providing you dont have another line of pumkins to x them to they do a lot beter try xing them on kelso and roundhead if you dont have bates grey or anther proven line off grey .. .. they shoud win if they are good greys kelso or roundhead these 3 xs is what my frend does wqith his pumkins for islands

also another guy bought a rooster from me in mexico the only pure pumkin rooster i have let off the yard he xs his with sweter from dink from the mexican guy that advertise in the gamecock every know and then the one that has brick rooster tps he also xs on whitehackle from me and my frend in wa and mug from marks and he is doing good with his ..

Post Thanks / Like

for those of you who have met Larry, what do you think of him as a person, how does he treat costumers/anyone.

junebug32

Well when we went down to his farm it kind of looked like he was real desperate to sell you some birds but then again my buddy offered $1,000 dlls for a young stag and he didn't wanted to sell him.

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing real good with them in Hawaii. If you train them right they will win its on the trainer. So far always in the money on Derby day good cutters. But you can't over train them they are natural high breakers lots of extension. LK over in a second!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Larry Carter fowl

for those of you who have met Larry, what do you think of him as a person, how does he treat costumers/anyone.
    I wasn't impressed by the way he treated us on his farm here in California. He even showed us all the nice looking Bates grey but when we started selecting each and every one that we selected were not for sale instead tried to sell us his Hulsey's we left right away...

Post Thanks / Like

Larry had some nice hatch fowl. does anyone know who did he obtain the hatch blood line he has.

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by Genis
    I wasn't impressed by the way he treated us on his farm here in California. He even showed us all the nice looking Bates grey but when we started selecting each and every one that we selected were not for sale instead tried to sell us his Hulsey's we left right away...
    Sort of went trough the same thing.Went trough all his yard but mostly the ones we picked were not for sale.We still bought 17 exellent roosters and 3 hens and did very well with them.

junebug32

Larry had some nice hatch fowl. does anyone know who did he obtain the hatch blood line he has.
    We won a small 4 cock derby with his hatches.When we sparred his fowl in his yard mostly all his birds broke about 5ft. and up.Exellent hatches.Don't know were he got them hatches but they were great.We lost the money fight in another derby against one of his bates greys.That grey was very game.

Jonjon

what city is larry from?I

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junebug32
    We won a small 4 cock derby with his hatches.When we sparred his fowl in his yard mostly all his birds broke about 5ft. and up.Exellent hatches.Don't know were he got them hatches but they were great.We lost the money fight in another derby against one of his bates greys.That grey was very game.
    hey junebug you got any pics of his hatches

junebug32

hey junebug you got any pics of his hatches
    No I don't have them anymore.Wish I did.They kind of looked like Leipers.

Post Thanks / Like

met larry on a trip to his farm.sparred a lot of chicken.was impressed with wut we saw and started picking birds that we intend to buy..most of the ones we like are not for sale.hehehe.tried to sell us the ones he don't like at the price he wants.
    what a guy!nobody's good enough for him but himself!when he can't even win a bush fight in california.
    to make up for the trip,i still bought a pair which he stuffed into a box and was dead when we got to may place an hour later.called him up ang told him.u think he cared?
    what a guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Daim, that Larry sure is a guy to go around when buying chikens, hu guys?

Post Thanks / Like

From what Ive heard. the best way to get fowl from larry is to go and hand select and even then you probably wont get to see the good ones at first he will show you his crap yard first. and you will have to pay a pretty hefty price for the aces and chances are most of the aces are already gone by november every year. as for the hatches i heard they are democrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay daguio
    From what Ive heard. the best way to get fowl from larry is to go and hand select and even then you probably wont get to see the good ones at first he will show you his crap yard first. and you will have to pay a pretty hefty price for the aces and chances are most of the aces are already gone by november every year. as for the hatches i heard they are democrats.
    Hey were did you hear that his hatches are democrats? wer did you think he obtain them from.

Juarez 44

He has the bates hatch my good friend worked for him when he lived in Oklahoma. He got any thing he wanted from Larry. He got out of the breeding business and my cousin has all the brood stock he got from Larry and by experience the good bates grey are the blue legged ones. The hatches are real good it as if you where looking at a bates grey but its a hatch rooster. My cousin loves them and he is breeding a allot of them. I won a derby in Clovis NM with this bates hatchs and greys.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juarez 44
    He has the bates hatch my good friend worked for him when he lived in Oklahoma. He got any thing he wanted from Larry. He got out of the breeding business and my cousin has all the brood stock he got from Larry and by experience the good bates grey are the blue legged ones. The hatches are real good it as if you where looking at a bates grey but its a hatch rooster. My cousin loves them and he is breeding a allot of them. I won a derby in Clovis NM with this bates hatchs and greys.
    so those he calls bates greys are a cross between his hatch, which happened to be a democrat, and a grey which only larry knows the base blood. this is really interesting as i do have a hatch from larry carter and it is a red white legged pea comb hen.
    thanks for the information sir!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juarez 44
    Hey Juarez thanks for the info, by the way, can you post pics of the hatch and greys your friend has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs
    so those he calls bates greys are a cross between his hatch, which happened to be a democrat, and a grey which only larry knows the base blood. this is really interesting as i do have a hatch from larry carter and it is a red white legged pea comb hen.
    thanks for the information sir!!
    So you have a red white legged pea comb hen from larry, and you say is a hatch????

Post Thanks / Like

So you have a red white legged pea comb hen from larry, and you say is a hatch????
    i did not say it's hatch, that is what larry told me it is... i do have my second thoughts though because 2 years ago me and my ex partner bought 3 pairs from the man himself, a bates grey, claret, hulsey... later on i tried to order a hatch hen, this time thru telephone, and he gave me the hen, i called him ask why this does not fit a description of a hatch and he told me it is his hatch... don't really know what to believe, but what can i do, it's already in PI.
    i would not really mind so long as that larry carter hatch gives me the Ws', he may call it another name, fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey were did you hear that his hatches are democrats? wer did you think he obtain them from.
    I have many friends that get fowl directly from larry every year they go down every year and spend big money on the fowl and they have won derbies with the hatches already, so I asked if they new what kind of hatches they were and they said that larry told them they were democrat hatches. hopefully when I get back home I will have one waiting for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay daguio
    I have many friends that get fowl directly from larry every year they go down every year and spend big money on the fowl and they have won derbies with the hatches already, so I asked if they new what kind of hatches they were and they said that larry told them they were democrat hatches. hopefully when I get back home I will have one waiting for me.
    Thats cool jay, are your friends from Ca or do they come to Ca to take fowl to the phi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs
    i did not say it's hatch, that is what larry told me it is... i do have my second thoughts though because 2 years ago me and my ex partner bought 3 pairs from the man himself, a bates grey, claret, hulsey... later on i tried to order a hatch hen, this time thru telephone, and he gave me the hen, i called him ask why this does not fit a description of a hatch and he told me it is his hatch... don't really know what to believe, but what can i do, it's already in PI.
    i would not really mind so long as that larry carter hatch gives me the Ws', he may call it another name, fine with me.
    You are correct, if it provides the w's then y not.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bates grey....is it blue legged?

Quote Originally Posted by purebreed8

PURE BATES GREY