Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Black Racey Mugs

  
  1. #1
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Black Racey Mugs

    My father acquired this lines imported from SAIPAN thru my uncle and they seems to be high breaker that can throw a lot of feet. I can say that they are good game chickens since we have tried them once on a 2 cock derby and wev' won 2 and to include 3 wins through hack fights.. but still i would like to hear more about this line and what line/s to cross.tnx
    Last edited by mckurt; September 2nd, 2008 at 05:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Member sweaterkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hawaii nei
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    my advice to you if you got some good racey mug breed them to speed fowl never mind the power breed for intense speed the mugs are one of the best cutters you will find and cross well to fast mcrae fowls and fast jap grades not asil grades fast jap grades you will like them when a mug is right he will cut you deep and fast aloha ps heres a tip take a good sid taylor line breed the sid cock on the to 1/2 mug half jap hens thats all you wanna breed after that heheh
    Last edited by sweaterkiller; September 13th, 2008 at 09:06 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by sweaterkiller
    my advice to you if you got some good racey mug breed them to speed fowl never mind the power breed for intense speed the mugs are one of the best cutters you will find and cross well to fast mcrae fowls and fast jap grades not asil grades fast jap grades you will like them when a mug is right he will cut you deep and fast aloha ps heres a tip take a good sid taylor line breed the sid cock on the to 1/2 mug half jap hens thats all you wanna breed after that heheh
    wow that is interesting, but can i find jap and good sid taylor line here in the phils? whom i can acquire this line of fowls?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    My broodcock.
    http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...a_mga_manok#38
    The real Sweater killer.
    Took less than 10 seconds to finish the job.
    I need not cross them.
    Now 8 years old and retired but still keeps the ladies very happy.

    7 month Mug stag
    http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...mga_manok%2363

  5. #5
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by bromanok
    My broodcock.
    http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...a_mga_manok#38
    The real Sweater killer.
    Took less than 10 seconds to finish the job.
    I need not cross them.
    Now 8 years old and retired but still keeps the ladies very happy. 7 month Mug stag (http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...mga_manok%2363
    wow that is very impressive 10secs, im sure ur mugs are quick and got a lot of power to back up.
    Last edited by mckurt; September 20th, 2008 at 03:20 AM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by sweaterkiller
    my advice to you if you got some good racey mug breed them to speed fowl never mind the power breed for intense speed the mugs are one of the best cutters you will find and cross well to fast mcrae fowls and fast jap grades not asil grades fast jap grades you will like them when a mug is right he will cut you deep and fast aloha ps heres a tip take a good sid taylor line breed the sid cock on the to 1/2 mug half jap hens thats all you wanna breed after that heheh
    http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...a_mga_manok#18
    This is 1/4 Mug.
    Fast, clever, and... he's beautiful. Ain't he?

  7. #7
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by bromanok
    http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...a_mga_manok#18
    This is 1/4 Mug.
    Fast, clever, and... he's beautiful. Ain't he?
    yes he is!

  8. #8
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs


  9. #9
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    the broodcock pure mug;
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...s/DSC00315.jpg.

    produced 2 derby winners.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by mckurt
    the broodcock pure mug;
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...s/DSC00315.jpg.

    produced 2 derby winners.
    Is he peacombed or straight combed?

  11. #11
    Senior Member blackjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    naujan, or. mdo
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by mckurt
    the broodcock pure mug;
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...s/DSC00315.jpg.

    produced 2 derby winners.
    ur a very lucky cocker man!!!!! the brood cock u have is worth it's weight in gold.....breed her to quality hens.....of the sweater Or lemon blood from good breeders......and in a very short time i'm sure u'll be having many very good fowls ha ha ha ha..... breed and keep that mug blood..... u'll be prodicing good fowls that are FAST!!!....have been sucessful w/ d mug blood i got from peter uren a few years ago when he still had his farm at pampanga!!!! good luck again with that black fowl that u have!!!!!!!! and keep breeding it.....cross it.....u'll get better fowls!!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by bromanok
    Is he peacombed or straight combed?
    peacomb chief

  13. #13
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack
    ur a very lucky cocker man!!!!! the brood cock u have is worth it's weight in gold.....breed her to quality hens.....of the sweater Or lemon blood from good breeders......and in a very short time i'm sure u'll be having many very good fowls ha ha ha ha..... breed and keep that mug blood..... u'll be prodicing good fowls that are FAST!!!....have been sucessful w/ d mug blood i got from peter uren a few years ago when he still had his farm at pampanga!!!! good luck again with that black fowl that u have!!!!!!!! and keep breeding it.....cross it.....u'll get better fowls!!!!!!!!
    thanks man' im very glad to hear that... yes sir actually there are few hen in line for this broodcock and im still in the process of choosing 3 qualified candidates for him. well i hope i can acquire this line uve mentioned from respective breeders this coming breeding season , and so right now i have pure imported gilmore(payton)hen to mate with him,, hoping will produced air, power and speed combi. tnx and gudluck also chief!
    ---by the way sir can u go ahead post some pics of ur roosters.tnx

  14. #14
    Senior Member blackjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    naujan, or. mdo
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by mckurt
    thanks man' im very glad to hear that... yes sir actually there are few hen in line for this broodcock and im still in the process of choosing 3 qualified candidates for him. well i hope i can acquire this line uve mentioned from respective breeders this coming breeding season , and so right now i have pure imported gilmore(payton)hen to mate with him,, hoping will produced air, power and speed combi. tnx and gudluck also chief!
    ---by the way sir can u go ahead post some pics of ur roosters.tnx
    by the way another black line that friends are breeding is a very good black that was given by kevin davis of daredevil gamefarms.....this guy lives in the same area of gary gilliam, oklahoma....he gave broodstock 2 a good friend who's also his friend there......they are breeding the blacks & whitehackles here in mangyanland......courtesy of daredevil....kevin!!!

    the black broodcock was fought last summer here......it won just a scratch against a derby-winner......the stags it's F-1s will be tested next month.....in a fiesta derby her in mangyanland!!!!!!!!!!

    good luck 2 ur breeding my friend!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member lexlavin32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SPINBOLDAK
    Posts
    1,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by mckurt
    My father acquired this lines imported from SAIPAN thru my uncle and they seems to be high breaker that can throw a lot of feet. I can say that they are good game chickens since we have tried them once on a 2 cock derby and wev' won 2 and to include 3 wins through hack fights.. but still i would like to hear more about this line and what line/s to cross.tnx
    Richard Bates have been very successful with this Black Racey Mugs in the 80s to 90s. Crossed to his Big Tail Hatch (Blueface).

    Last edited by lexlavin32; September 26th, 2008 at 12:20 AM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member devonloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Heart of Panay , Passi City , Iloilo , Philippines
    Posts
    3,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs




  17. #17
    Member GMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Villagonzalo
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

  18. #18
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by lexlavin32
    Richard Bates have been very successful with this Black Racey Mugs in the 80s to 90s. Crossed to his Big Tail Hatch (Blueface).

    does anybody here acquired this type of fowl from the legend himself RB?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    bates black is a racey mug. the broodcock was an 8 x winner own
    by a mayor of silang.

  20. #20
    Senior Member desertfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    wow! awesome blacks

  21. #21
    Senior Member michael angelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    land of promise
    Posts
    815
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by bromanok
    My broodcock.
    http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...a_mga_manok#38
    The real Sweater killer.
    Took less than 10 seconds to finish the job.
    I need not cross them.
    Now 8 years old and retired but still keeps the ladies very happy.

    7 month Mug stag
    http://talisahin.multiply.com/photos...mga_manok%2363


    very nice

  22. #22
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by michael angelo
    very nice
    indeed.

    good day!

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    whats up everybody i'am new to the forum and pretty much a beginner to gamefowl can u guys help me out are racey mugs the same as coal miner mugs . much thanks to all in advance

  24. #24
    Member OnPoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by mckurt
    My father acquired this lines imported from SAIPAN thru my uncle and they seems to be high breaker that can throw a lot of feet. I can say that they are good game chickens since we have tried them once on a 2 cock derby and wev' won 2 and to include 3 wins through hack fights.. but still i would like to hear more about this line and what line/s to cross.tnx
    do you remember who you got the mugs from on saipan? i am from there and if i know the person or persons you got them from, i could probably share how they show them or what the cross them on. i'm not being nosy or anything, just wanting to help however i could.

    just my two cents ..

  25. #25
    Member wobbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Nice looking birds, keep the pictures coming!

  26. #26
    Member igorot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by devonloch View Post



    sir devonloch, is this a throwback from a black fowl?

  27. #27
    Senior Member mckurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    wow its been 4yrs now since i started this thread...im now exited to pit my latest crosses with my black mugs which is 1/4 asil 3/4 mugs...high hopes for them this may tupada hehehe!

    sample sparring of my blackmug-asil-grade...

    http://redriot2hot.multiply.com/vide...sil_Grade_Mugs

    have a blessed week to all!

  28. #28
    Senior Member kawika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    bigisland hawaii
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by sweaterkiller View Post
    my advice to you if you got some good racey mug breed them to speed fowl never mind the power breed for intense speed the mugs are one of the best cutters you will find and cross well to fast mcrae fowls and fast jap grades not asil grades fast jap grades you will like them when a mug is right he will cut you deep and fast aloha ps heres a tip take a good sid taylor line breed the sid cock on the to 1/2 mug half jap hens thats all you wanna breed after that heheh
    i have marks mugs, so what is your opinion on his mugs? I notice they are smart and fast and lots of legs

  29. #29
    Member sweaterkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hawaii nei
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    there very good fowls in hawaii there are 2 people i know who got them direct ,the cross ive seen competing were with milt hall blood ,and the other were crossed pullets from mark that were half show time kelso half madigan texas ranger to make a 3 way cross,yis aloha

  30. #30
    Senior Member kawika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    bigisland hawaii
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Black Racey Mugs

    Quote Originally Posted by sweaterkiller View Post
    there very good fowls in hawaii there are 2 people i know who got them direct ,the cross ive seen competing were with milt hall blood ,and the other were crossed pullets from mark that were half show time kelso half madigan texas ranger to make a 3 way cross,yis aloha
    im thinking of breeding my mug cock to my richard torres black mcrae hen and see what comes of that...

Similar Threads

  1. Spangled RACEY MUG?
    By CA_Gamefarm in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: November 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM
  2. racey mug
    By csreagan91 in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
  3. Racey Mugs
    By wobbles in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 10th, 2011, 04:44 AM
  4. Richard Kelly Black Mugs
    By maui50 in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: April 8th, 2009, 08:13 AM
  5. racey mugs
    By Dwip in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 31st, 2009, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •