Thread: Nene Abello's Stags!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nene Abello's Stags!!

Mr. Rafael "Nene" Abello had won several CHAMPIONSHIPS for the big time cocking event like the WSC and the Candelaria.But,why is it that I've not heard him win as CHAMPION in the very prestigious stag derbies like the NGBA and GFBAN or more so the "mother of all stag derbies" the BAKBAKAN?

You're thoughts,comments or observation are highly appreciated.

Any info here about his record in the just concluded NGBA and GFBAN stag derbies in Bacolod?
    Last edited by SUPERHERO; November 12th, 2008 at 07:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nene Abello's Stags!!

I have the old lines of Caroll Nesmith's Sweaters and YLH's (when CN won some 15 Derby Championships in one year). They are not early maturing and therefore not decisive or confident (buo ang loob) as stags. As they mature and hardened, they should perform with decisive offense and accuracy.

However, you might find an early maturing breed to cross and you might be very happy with the nick.

Good luck.............
    Last edited by EAA Indians; November 12th, 2008 at 01:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    I have the old lines of Caroll Nesmith's Sweaters and YLH's (when CN won some 15 Derby Championships in one year). They are not early maturing and therefore not decisive or confident (buo ang loob) as stags. As they mature and hardened, they should perform with decisive offense and accuracy.

However, you might find an early maturing breed to cross and you might be very happy with the nick.

Good luck.............
    nice input sir eaa;but,since nene abello is a master breeder i think he has done something about the liabilities of his lines...like infusing some other new lines...i bet he has done that...but,inspite of everything he got,i just wondered why he still can't win as champion in those stag events that i mentioned.
    was it all about conditioning?
    you're thoughts are highly appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHERO
    Mr. Rafael "Nene" Abello had won several CHAMPIONSHIPS for the big time cocking event like the WSC and the Candelaria.But,why is it that I've not heard him win as CHAMPION in the very prestigious stag derbies like the NGBA and GFBAN or more so the "mother of all stag derbies" the BAKBAKAN?

Any info here about his record in the just concluded NGBA and GFBAN stag derbies in Bacolod?
    my piece of the puzzle? i think some guys used his stags..so what was remains or his aces..he will fight as cocks...i dnt think no friends of him or buyers wont used his stags..i think he is more into selling than fighting...only when the nesmiths comes here that they will fight the cocks..

just my two cents...
    Last edited by grey/dom; November 12th, 2008 at 08:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Nene Abello's Stags!!

you a got a point sir grey/dom,but for sure someone is using his stags

Post Thanks / Like

SUPERHERO, I think that you should direct the question to Mr. Abello himself or his farm staff.

As for me, and if it is the conditioning side that I want to improve or correct, I would select 2 to 3 well know conditioners and let them prepare my birds for me to fight in several regional stag derbies. However, this program might take 2 years because the stag derbies are short season. The winningest conditioners should be rewarded (given bonuses) and assigned to prepare the birds for the next year National derby.

On the Final Selection of stags to fight, I would use the rating method. The stags are rated each week and those stags that continue to progress remain in training. And they are ranked each week, and the ranking is the solid basis of my final selection and nothing else. Oh btw, the ranking method will prevent feeders from being persuaded by those experts who just happen to come at the last moment and freely make their selection (a very bad practice).

Bottom line is that the bird has to earn the position for him to fight. The ranking and their weights are posted on the board for all the farm staff to know to avoid last minute changes and surprises.

As former President Erap said, "weather-weather lang ang buhay (pana-panahon)." As it might sound dumb, it is true to life and sports. Those birds that have the best health at that time of conditioning are those birds that can excell and push their limits (body and mind).

Good luck
    Last edited by EAA Indians; November 12th, 2008 at 08:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    SUPERHERO, I think that you should direct the question to Mr. Abello himself or his farm staff.

As for me, and if it is the conditioning side that I want to improve or correct, I would select 2 to 3 well know conditioners and let them prepare my birds for me to fight in several regional stag derbies. However, this program might take 2 years because the stag derbies are short season. The winningest conditioners should be rewarded (given bonuses) and assigned to prepare the birds for the next year National derby.

On the Final Selection of stags to fight, I would use the rating method. The stags are rated each week and those stags that continue to progress remain in training. And they are ranked each week, and the ranking is the solid basis of my final selection and nothing else. Oh btw, the ranking method will prevent feeders from being persuaded by those experts who just happen to come at the last moment and freely make their selection (a very bad practice).

Bottom line is that the bird has to earn the position for him to fight. The ranking and their weights are posted on the board for all the farm staff to know to avoid last minute changes and surprises.

As former President Erap said, "weather-weather lang ang buhay (pana-panahon)." As it might sound dumb, it is true to life and sports. Those birds that have the best health at that time of conditioning are those birds that can excell and push their limits (body and mind).

Good luck
    Nicely said EAA..

Post Thanks / Like

i hav Nene Sweaters n hi-action hatch...the sweaters yes is late maturing n best fought wen they cock out...but wen crossed to the hi-action hatch the stags are early maturing...

the only thing in the cross stags that they are too aggresive for there own good...but as they mature they get calmer wiser hit harder just plain gets better...

hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I hear from many PI based cockers Willy Villarica of WRV entry with Obet Son fight Nene's stags also the Roxas brothers of Paniqui, Tarlac gets stags from Nene.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom
    my piece of the puzzle? i think some guys used his stags..so what was remains or his aces..he will fight as cocks...i dnt think no friends of him or buyers wont used his stags..i think he is more into selling than fighting...only when the nesmiths comes here that they will fight the cocks..

just my two cents...
    I agree............ Nene only let his stags be bought or financed by someone else.. but the guy himself does not commit his stags............... as he believes in their fighting ability when thry are already mature........ say 2 to 4 yrs old........

Post Thanks / Like

I think its not only Nene Abello ang hindi naka pag champion sa mga stag derby but the rest of the best breeder of sweater line. I think Sonny Lagon and BM got whip sa Bakbakan. But in WSC they are contender's every year. I think sweater figth there best when they are 2-3 yrs old.

Post Thanks / Like

He trust Others to condition and use his Stags a few years ago.
    I think it was Obetson that that went 8 straight (and lost the last) when Bakbakan was an 9 Stag event.

cholo a. franco

the truth is in stag (bakbakan) derbies "all is fair in love and war"..... there are no

obvious advantages like age ( 4 yrs above over bullstags ) and multiple winners

in big time derbies vs. 1st time battle cocks to be fought in a derby..... in legitimate

stag wars, you either give or take 1 month against your opponent....both are most

likely 1st time to be tested in a derby....

i thought i once heard mr abello say, in stag derbies, 3 or 4-way crosses are

ideal birds to fight...i dont think he breeds along that line.....

barya-baryang opinyon lang po

Post Thanks / Like

his stags were banded for bakbakan...i guess it was meant for something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cholo a. franco
    the truth is in stag (bakbakan) derbies "all is fair in love and war"..... there are no

obvious advantages like age ( 4 yrs above over bullstags ) and multiple winners

in big time derbies vs. 1st time battle cocks to be fought in a derby..... in legitimate

stag wars, you either give or take 1 month against your opponent....both are most

likely 1st time to be tested in a derby....

i thought i once heard mr abello say, in stag derbies, 3 or 4-way crosses are

ideal birds to fight...i dont think he breeds along that line.....

barya-baryang opinyon lang po
    gandang gold ng avatar mo. pwede mo mahiram ? hehehe...

Post Thanks / Like

I won a championship recently a 3 stag derby in Culis Hermosa, Bataan (last month). I won't say that as pure credit to Nene Abello but they are crosses of Nene Abello's fowl. Maning's 3x Candelaria winner broodcock (Cowan cross) mated to Nene Abello's hen would do fair in stag. I'll try it again next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHERO

" mybe always sold out "
    Last edited by mt.samat; November 13th, 2008 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe one reason is that it may be due to the fact that the line of Nene is late maturing, based on experience of his sweater line, they usually fought well when they moult and become matured cocks.

Mt. Bululakaw HIGHLANDS OF ALCOY CEBU HOME OF THE MOJITOS www.imcgamefarm.com
    Post Thanks / Like

I am having great succcess using the cross of my Lemon on Nene Abello's Sweater on stag derbies. I think Nene is concentrating his target on WSC and other cock derbies since there is more prize to be won and more buyers will see his warriors in action. Its a great way to market your birds. I think also Nene has a lot of whole sale buyers now that are just waiting for the stags to get ready and then they will buy them in bulk, it saves the breeding process while the stags that you will get are all well selected ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mt.samat
    " mybe always sold out "

I am having great succcess using the cross of my Lemon on Nene Abello's Sweater on stag derbies. I think Nene is concentrating his target on WSC and other cock derbies since there is more prize to be won and more buyers will see his warriors in action. Its a great way to market your birds. I think also Nene has a lot of whole sale buyers now that are just waiting for the stags to get ready and then they will buy them in bulk, it saves the breeding process while the stags that you will get are all well selected ones.

it could be...but,Mr.Abello always fielded in multiple entries in those stag competitions (GF & NGBA)...so,that means he still got a lot of aces left in his yard...it's not a joke fielding in your left overs in this type of competition.
    Last edited by SUPERHERO; November 13th, 2008 at 10:05 PM.

cholo a. franco

[gandang gold ng avatar mo. pwede mo mahiram ? hehehe...] jlbs72

......pre joel, alam mo naman dali akong kausap, hehe. kita tayo sa 28 pre,

nfgb 8-stag president's cup sa pasay.....ubusan ng lahi to pre...55k entry fee....

22k min. bet.... 28 (local asso.) entries only....

btw, the white gold cock in my avatar is a wildfoot super ss gold mating. he won

unscathed at our evgba 5-cock anniv derby last april 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IMC Gamefarm
    sir IMC,thanks for your inputs.
    as everyone knows,the NGBA and GF stag derbies are an event where the creme de la creme of breeders from Negros Occidental meet and face each other for pride and honor...this is an event where prize money is secondary while bragging rights is the ultimate prize.i felt that it could be more prestigious than the WSC.the only thing is that the WSC is an int'l cocking event and it is held in Araneta.before the birth of Bakbakan;i could say that this 2 stag events are the most prestigious in the country.
    and you can only claim as one of the elite breeder from Negros if you have a "championship" title/s to show of from this 2 stag derbies.
    good day to everyone!!
    Last edited by SUPERHERO; November 14th, 2008 at 12:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

2008 - Champion 7-0 ( 7-Cock Derby Monju and Vic Promotion; Guanzon Sports Center ) Entries : Raffy and Rafael

2006 - Solo Champion (P2M Annual Chito Tinsay Birthday 5-Cock Derby, Iloilo Coliseum, Iloilo )

2006 - 7-1 Co-Champion (8-Cock World Slasher Cup, Araneta Coliseum, Manila )

2002 - 7-0 ( 7-Cock Derby Annual Candelaria Fiesta of Iloilo City ) 1992 - Solo Champion ( 7-Cock National Derby, Roligon, Manila )

1995 - 7-1 ( 8-Cock World Slasher Cup, Araneta Coliseum, Manila )

1996 - 6-2 ( 8-Cock World Slasher Cup, Araneta Coliseum, Manila )

1998 - Solo Champion ( 8-Cock World Slasher Cup, Araneta Coliseum, Manila )

1999 - Solo Champion ( 5-Cock Cream of the Crop BOSS Derby, Balbina, Pontevedra )

Copyright 2006 NeneAbello.Com : Designed and maintained by Home Resources the lists above are Nene Abello's achievements...no doubt,he's winning left,right and center in every major cocking events such as the WSC and Candelaria.but,there is no stag title to show of.

whiteleggedred

Maybe because Imported chickens from blackwater farms can't be used in our local stag derbies.He has to fight what he produces in the stag derbies & fights the imported ones bred by Chris nesmith in cock derbies since he gets 200 plus from blackwater every year.The rest he sells as imported broodfowl & fights the best out of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cholo a. franco
    [gandang gold ng avatar mo. pwede mo mahiram ? hehehe...] jlbs72

......pre joel, alam mo naman dali akong kausap, hehe. kita tayo sa 28 pre,

nfgb 8-stag president's cup sa pasay.....ubusan ng lahi to pre...55k entry fee....

22k min. bet.... 28 (local asso.) entries only....

btw, the white gold cock in my avatar is a wildfoot super ss gold mating. he won

unscathed at our evgba 5-cock anniv derby last april 2008.
    check ko schedule ko pre. di ka ba punta sa araneta sa finals ng bakbakan ?

james wolf

he fights in stags, just fought in ngba stag derby, doesn't do well in stags, but competition tough in negros in stags

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiteleggedred
    Maybe because Imported chickens from blackwater farms can't be used in our local stag derbies.He has to fight what he produces in the stag derbies & fights the imported ones bred by Chris nesmith in cock derbies since he gets 200 plus from blackwater every year.The rest he sells as imported broodfowl & fights the best out of them.
    nice input sir whiteleggedred.he really has some decent scores in the past stag derbies in Bacolod.but,the thing is he can't win it all the way.

anybody here knows his score in GF and NGBA stag wars??

Post Thanks / Like

Nene's farm in Isabela is flat and in the low land vs other breeders who are up in the mountains. Assuming all birds are equal, I believe chicks ranged in high altitude with rolling hills would have an advantage especially if fought as stags vs those ranged in the low and flat land.