Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brassback Butchers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brassback Butchers

That's the handle Mike uses on oakridge.
    http://www.freewebs.com/brittainscreek/

Quote Originally Posted by sultador
    Is Mike Long aka "red fox"? Just asking....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sultador
    Is Mike Long aka "red fox"? Just asking....
    Sorry sultador, I dont know. I was in the States last year and my scouts said to ring him. I was close to his place but had to turn back as I had an emergency. So I paid him for the birds unseen. I gave it to a friend who liked the trio a lot.

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Messrs. Ferdi & wildfoot.....thanks a lot...!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brassback Butchers

a compilation of sparring videos

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nLvdMW6Do

Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke to the American brassback Butcher breeder. He said that all his cocks that are left are proven (previous winners). All available to those who wants the beautiful brassback Butcher.

Throwback. The breeder said that recently the Butcher produced several pullets that are green legged and black in color. He will be breeding back to these GL Black Butcher pullets and perhaps create this throwback family.

I brought it to the breeder's attention that the Spanish Speedier Grey was crossed to the Whitehakle breed to create the Butcher. To me, this throwback GL Black Butcher pullets could carry the excellent cutting of the Spanish Speedier Grey.

Post Thanks / Like

ron lantz out in New Mexico has A super Nice Line of Brass Back Butchers Also Some Brass Back Albanys Give him a call at 1 575 734 0114 tell him Kenny sent you he will treat you right

Post Thanks / Like

Why everybody assumes because its black. They use sid taylors....
    Foundation is a normal butcher cock. (ours from cavazos) the rest is mixture from red fox grey, green jeans hatch n cavazos grey n lastly one special special hen from Asia. How to breed? Secret. After years n years of developing, its now pure. Now a different strain.

If people have throwbacks n uses sids, they going down a different road. I see a lot of versions out there but not the real stuff that people are after. Our line is very popular I heard in PI.

Post Thanks / Like

Green legged Butchers? Black Butchers?? You gotta be kidding me!

Mark Marsh

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Mark they have put so much diff. blood in them there's no telling what color legs or feathers they gonna get. I guess if folks are happy with what their breeding alls good. But you most of all know what true butchers come out with. 11 yrs with a tight trio when I got them I still have yet to get a yellow legged butcher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cutrite View Post
    LOL Mark they have put so much diff. blood in them there's no telling what color legs or feathers they gonna get. I guess if folks are happy with what their breeding alls good. But you most of all know what true butchers come out with. 11 yrs with a tight trio when I got them I still have yet to get a yellow legged butcher.
    I gotta agree with you. When they start mixing the pot,no telling what will get served up. I haven't hatched a yellow leg in 2 or 3 years now but you never know! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Some folks might have confused the Marsh Butchers with the A.J. Street Butcher Boys, I understand they were dark fowl...or like ya'll said crossed up some fowl and gave them a marketable name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipspur View Post
    There are 3 families that I'm aware of that come the color you are wanting... Brass Backed Butchers... Black Brass Backed Albanys... & Gilman Whitehackles. If you can get birds out of Canada... Mr. Martell is a good sorce of the Gilmans. Estel Baker has the Black Brass Backed Albanys that look good. I don't know a good sorce of the Black Brass Backed Butchers... Oscar Akins used to have em but the one's I'm seeing now are red & spangled.
    though i would add that the grays of dale cantrell would through a black brassback great birds,

Post Thanks / Like

dr. randall herring has good brassback albanys, and butchers, i only showed one show of the butchers, won the derby, 5-0 won three in the fly, cutting birds, all when legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Brass back butchers

Me and my dad are gettin back into raisin chickens and were looking for some good brass back butchers does anyone know where we can get some at and I'm lookin for some typewriter blues thnxs fit the help in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brass back butchers

Dr Randall Herring of alabama he's got some not sure how good they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpurinFarm View Post
    Dr Randall Herring of alabama he's got some not sure how good they are.
    We have some .we got ours from Oscar Akins

Post Thanks / Like

Better check and see what blood has been added because Butchers don't come black....at least we never had a black one in over 90 years of them being bred here.

Mark Marsh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    Better check and see what blood has been added because Butchers don't come black....at least we never had a black one in over 90 years of them being bred here.

Mark Marsh
    everytime, right on que, lol

Post Thanks / Like

about 10 yrs ago got a brassback butcher broodcock from red fox, good producer, i'm guessing the brassbak came from a brassback albany, now what blood is in a brassback albany, no idea. offspring were very good bred to lancey's boston, which also occasionally will throw a brassback.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Marsh
    Mr.Marsh what colors do you get?Most I see are red with white legs but I have some that came from bill Roberts that are light red with yellow legs.He calls them banana leg butchers.do you get spangles and whites also?I like the ones I have but was wondering if other blood had been added.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there high in lowman whitehackle blood.Dont quote me on this as to the accruacy of my history.I had some and gave them to a friend.he's been studying on them.

Post Thanks / Like

you fellas are certainly asking the right man!! If i remember right, mark said once they come red and spangle,never black nor solid white, as in for sure 2 lines of roberts butchers arent even butchers.. believe they 100% strait combed, and white and yellow legs can be found, i leave room to be wrong, it has been some time!

Post Thanks / Like

I have some brass backs that my friend gifted me. We have breed back to the hen this years hatch will be 15/16. From what I understand the brass back comes from some whitehackle blood it the same thing in the brass backs gilmans. If it was the Albany blood you would get a yellow leg throw back. Mine come 100% white legged and straight comb. I have a good friend that have some gilman blood when I talk to him I'll ask what family made the brass back.
    Last edited by get81; June 3rd, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I never was good @ history.But i got the whitehackle part right haha. listen to get81 he's been doing his homework on the brassback butcher.Acording to steave simbeck the red butchers came from the black???????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    you fellas are certainly asking the right man!! If i remember right, mark said once they come red and spangle,never black nor solid white, as in for sure 2 lines of roberts butchers arent even butchers.. believe they 100% strait combed, and white and yellow legs can be found, i leave room to be wrong, it has been some time!
    White fowl can come out of any color of fowl I believe. I had some Pierce Shufflers when I was a kid. I made the mistake and bred brother and sister and BAM 2 white stags black faced and green legs. I mean they was solid white in feathering no yellow tint or anything. Purty as could be little stags. To bad them shufflers was not game enough for the gaff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Mr.Marsh what colors do you get?Most I see are red with white legs but I have some that came from bill Roberts that are light red with yellow legs.He calls them banana leg butchers.do you get spangles and whites also?I like the ones I have but was wondering if other blood had been added.
    Mine come black-red with whitle legs and occasionally a yellow leg pops out too. I haven't had a spangle in years but they are common. As for white and black Butchers.....no such thing. We have never had a white or black one.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with my friend that had the Gilman brass back today he said it was the John Hunter blackhackle blood out of England. That was breed in to the whitehackles, brass back butchers and the brass back albanys.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Brass back butchers

Mine come black-red with whitle legs and occasionally a yellow leg pops out too. I haven't had a spangle in years but they are common. As for white and black Butchers.....no such thing. We have never had a white or black one.

Mark

Hi Mark , do they come meduim to high station , Thanks.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jungold View Post
    Hi Mark , do they come meduim to high station , Thanks.....
    Most come mediun station....rarely a high one.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Brass back butchers

Mark
    well then maybe we should start callin the brassback bucters black hackles or brass hackles????????????????