Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: herman pinnion YLH

Post Thanks / Like

Need FeedBack: Pinnon YLH's

Pls share any firsthand experience or infos regarding this Bloodline, whats their best trait/s when it comes to fighting ability...
    Will appreciate it a lot, Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the Double Post...

Computer froze for a moment, i tot the first posting failed...

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the Pinnon YLH in '95 and they are manfighters. Also, they do not throw their feet, ...all wings. In other words, poor cutters.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ones I got are mostly ground fighters . But they are very accurate cutters. They have very good plummage to . Mine come kinda low station though . :rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like

pinnion ylh

pinnion ylh has clipper blood on them and if you are losing some
    of what they were breed for then you will know where to come back.my clippers are straight in cutting machine that does not quit
    until one of them dies.

Post Thanks / Like

pinnion ylh

My friend had been breeding this line. And my recommendation if you breed with the same blood he got ,we need to have an ample free range for chick's because many @ early 1 or more weeks old they start fighting and killing each other.
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    early maturing. good for stag derbies

filamforks

pinnion YLH

With my little experience with them, they are exactly what R. Torres has just stated above. I can also add that they are low flying speed/power shuffling, game to the bone fowls. They are excellent in the short knife.

filamforks

JBAB_ALAS

Pinnion YLHatch

This is the trio I got few weeks ago and is already in my yard in PI. thanks to "THE ONE" for taking good care in shipping this trio. We acquired this one from Mr. HP's grandson at MO who got this out from the late HP's broodpen.

Clipperman got the best coz he had the first choice.

the Cock is going 5 & the hens are running 4 yr olds. :rbounce:
    Attached Images Attached Images

JBAB_ALAS

Clip-BC

This is Clipperman's BCock. A lil bit darker than mine but he is awesome daddy. he isgoing 5 yr old too.

Post Thanks / Like

pinnon

ito ang

pinnon ko:rbounce: :lol: :lol: naka wala nasa pinas na sila

buhawi
    ang ganda ng mga cutting ng mga iyan

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Pinnion YLH

In 1990 a friend of mine had his wife (who was a real chicken lady) go out to meet with Herman Pinnion to select some brood fowl. The way they told me the story.... he was in the hospital at the time and she went there to visit and talk chicken. Once they met, and he realized that this was a special "chicken lady," he called out to the house and instructed the care taker to let her select what ever she wanted - but to direct her to a particular brood pen. Anyway, she came away with a real nice brood stag and some assorted pullets, some of which were full sisters. The brother/sister offspring would sometimes come spangled when they were young, but would latter moult out to be the beautiful, bright hackled, yellow legged, yellow spurred - often with white streamers in the tail..... exactly like the pictures you would see in the Hermon Pinnion adds in The Gamecock magazine.

My friends, Manuel and Rose bred these fowl into some Blue Face Hatch and the result were some outstanding battle crosses. In April of 1992 we had 8 bull stags as a result from this Blue Face x Pinnion breeding that came with white ear lobes, pea comb, yellow legged, black spurred, white streamers in the tail, and real long saddle feathers. 6 of these bull stags were identical - just like I described..... almost "sweater looking" in color. One of the bull stags came a darker red - similar to a Cardinal Kelso color, and one Stag came lighter hackeled like the rest but green legged.

One Saturday afternoon, we showed some of these stags in a 3 cock long knife derby and won it solo. It was impressive because the first stag got hurt bad right away with his guts hanging out underneath him. Well, I thought to my self, "that's about it," but to my surprise, Manuel would set him up on that scratch line, and to my amazement, that stag would continue to throw feet - cutting into the other cock every lick! In a couple of pittings, the other cock had expired, and our little Pinnion (which was my favorite of the bunch) came accross the line, with his guts hangin' and all, and tore into the other bird with a tremendous shuffle! The place went wild and that little stag showed everbody what a real game chicken was! Needless to say, he died on the walk back to the cock house. The last two stags made real quick work of their opponents and showed us that this Pinnion blood had some genuine cuttin' ability. I'll never forget the walk back to the cockhouse after winning 3 straight, AND the derby solo with Manuel singin' about "goin' home to Alabama with a Banjo on my knee!" This was one of my most cherrished memories in this sport.

As for the other 5 Pinnion Stags? Well, 2 weeks latter we showed four more at a 4 cock long knife derby - going 4 straight very quickly, and winning the $$$$ and the trophy solo. Again, quick footed, accurate cutters that shuffled "THROUGH" the opponent, not with them. All four Pinnions won with hardly a scratch - with the dark colored stag winning the money fight. The very next day, we hacked that last green legged brother in the long knife- and guess what, he won without a scratch!

Over the years, these Pinnions were the mainstay of my friends yard. They crossed them with some Bud Carter frost looking greys..... great looking roosters, but we couldn't win a fight with these. We crossed them with some Bobby Boles Asil, down to 1/4 & 1/8 Asil.... and they were some very athletic cutting machines. We also crossed them with some Carol NeSmith Yellow Legged Hatch that we got in 1995 and these were some very classy looking, small headed, yellow legged, black spured chickens that looked so good they were hard to match when you brought them to the scale at a hack fight. Not only were they high stationed beauty contest winners, but they could outfight, outcut, and out game the best in the area. Several of these NeSmith crosses went on to be multiple time winners.

On this website and others, I have read many negative things about Herman Pinnion and his fowl. I have seen lots of "Pinnions" on the yards of alot of fine people. Some good....some "not-so-good." I will say that from my personal experience with the Herman Pinnion Yellow Legged Hatch that my friends, Manuel & Rose, raised - I feel that they were what game chickens should be. Game to the core, kicking to the last heartbeat, cutting machines. Heck...... I always look for chickens that fight just like em'! :-)

Kind Regards to the best sportsmen in the world!

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Pinnion YLH

In 1991 a friend of mine had his wife (who was a real chicken lady) go out to meet with Herman Pinnion to select some brood fowl. The way they told me the story.... he was in the hospital at the time and she went there to visit and talk chicken. Once they met, and he realized that this was a special "chicken lady," he called out to the house and instructed the care taker to let her select what ever she wanted - but to direct her to a particular brood pen. Anyway, she came away with a real nice brood stag and some assorted pullets, some of which were full sisters. The brother/sister offspring would sometimes come spangled when they were young, but would latter moult out to be the beautiful, bright hackled, yellow legged, yellow spurred - often with white streamers in the tail..... exactly like the pictures you would see in the hermon Pinnion adds in The Gamecock magazine.

My friends, Manuel and Rose bred these fowl into some Blue Face Hatch and the result were some outstanding battle crosses. In April of 1992 we had 8 bull stags as a result from this Blue Face x Pinnion breeding that came with white ear lobes, pea comb, yellow legged, black spurred, white streamers in the tail, and real long saddle feathers. 6 of these bull stags were identical - just like I described..... almost "sweater looking" in color. One of the bull stags came a darker red - similar to a Cardinal Kelso color, and one Stag came lighter hackeled like the rest but green legged.

One Saturday afternoon, we showed some of these stags in a 3 cock long knife derby and won it solo. It was impressive because the first stag got hurt bad right away with his guts hanging out underneath him. Well, I thought to my self, "that's about it," but to my surprise, Manuel would set him up on that scratch line, and to my amazement, that stag would continue to throw feet - cutting into the other cock every lick! In a couple of pittings, the other cock had expired, and our little Pinnion (which was my favorite of the bunch) came accross the line, with his guts hangin' and all, and tore into the other bird with a tremendous shuffle! The place went wild and that little stag showed everbody what a real game chicken was! Needless to say, he died on the walk back to the cock house. The last two stags made real quick work of their opponents and showed us that this Pinnion blood had some genuine cuttin' ability. I'll never forget the walk back to the cockhouse after winning 3 straight, AND the derby solo with Manuel singin' about "goin' home to Alabama with a Banjo on my knee!" This was one of my most cherrished memories in this sport.

As for the other 5 Pinnion Stags? Well, 2 weeks latter we showed four more at a 4 cock long knife derby - going 4 straight very quickly, and winning the $$$$ and the trophy solo. Again, quick footed, accurate cutters that shuffled "THROUGH" the opponent, not with them. All four Pinnions won with hardly a scratch - with the dark colored stag winning the money fight. The very next day, we hacked that last green legged brother in the long knife- and guess what, he won without a scratch!

Over the years, these Pinnions were the mainstay of my friends yard. They crossed them with some Bud Carter frost looking greys..... great looking roosters, but we couldn't win a fight with these. We crossed them with some Bobby Boles Asil, down to 1/4 & 1/8 Asil.... and they were some very athletic cutting machines. We also crossed them with some Carol NeSmith Yellow Legged Hatch that we got in 1995 and these were some very classy looking, small headed, yellow legged, black spured chickens that looked so good they were hard to match when you brought them to the scale at a hack fight. Not only were they high stationed beauty contest winners, but they could outfight, outcut, and out game the best in the area. Several of these NeSmith crosses went on to be multiple time winners.

On this website and others, I have read many negative things about Herman Pinnion and his fowl. I have seen lots of "Pinnions" on the yards of alot of fine people. Some good....some "not-so-good." I will say that from my personal experience with the Herman Pinnion Yellow Legged Hatch that my friends, Manuel & Rose, raised - I feel that they were what game chickens should be. Game to the core, kicking to the last heartbeat, cutting machines. Heck...... I always look for chickens that fight just like em'! :-)

Kind Regards to the best sportsmen in the world!

Peter

filamforks
    JBAB_ALAS, that's exactly the type(p-comb,lemon color, long saddle feathers, white streamers, yellow legs) of Pin's YLH that we've been playing around here with some Mexican friends. I'm pretty sure that they'll do well in the LK(especially in the P.I pits) if some height, & smartness could be infused into them(JMHO).

filamforks

JBAB_ALAS
    i've seen this bloodline fought @ brownsville & springbrook & not only they are good lookin but also a good cuttin and awesome birds. The ones i've seen have some quarter radio and or mclean hatch infused to them.

I got 1broodcock and 3 hens and can't wait to see their offsprings.:rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like

pinnion

guys

guud luck to all of you who got hte ylh pinnion
    and me too

JBAB_ALAS
    Bai Onie,

likewise bai. When r u goin back to SBrook-KY? Lookin 4ward sa next kitakits.

regards.:rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like

long tail,big eye

pinnion

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys for the very informative replies...

Bai Naval,
    Good Looking Pinnon rooster u got there...
    Can u also post some pix of the Pinnon YL Hen or Pullet, just want compare it to the Pinnon's we got...

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pic of my Pinnon YLH in my Gallery but I dont know how to put it here .

Check it out and tell me what you think .

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I just start showing my Pinnion line cross with roundhead the 1st bullstag one, was in 3cock derby he's a lot shorter than opponent and lost his leg but still won the show.And the second bullstag in hackfight won with a minor cut.

Post Thanks / Like

herman pinnon hatch

cockmates need help about this hatch,is it worth to use this for big time derbys,any opinion will be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: herman pinnon hatch

herman is dead! if you are getting from his grandson , you are in the right path!

ranbermz11

Thumbs up Re: herman pinnon hatch

how much is your trio of that pinnon hatch?

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce Jones breed d famous Pinnion Yellow legged hatch

Post Thanks / Like

These are good chickens. Yellow legged pea combed. Nice birds!

Post Thanks / Like

There good birds. I sold my Herman Pinion Cock whiched I'd regret. but kept my hen and last june I breed her to my Nesmith sweater and hatch only 3 stags and this dec I'm breeding her to my Ray alexander RH.

Post Thanks / Like

I had access to some herman pinion clarets. There in PI and breeding them there. Awesome gamefowl.