Thread: Albert Margens Knife Tying Method

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Albert Margens Knife Tying Method

Hey Guys, any of you seen this DVD. Is it easy to understand....any comments on it. thinking about purchasing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Albert Margens Knife Tying Method

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Arriola
    Hey Guys, any of you seen this DVD. Is it easy to understand....any comments on it. thinking about purchasing it.

I watched it, very nicely done. even if you cant understand much tagalog you can follow along, very detailed slow motion knife tying.

I am confused with the terms "tihaya" and "sakang" though, I thought they looked like the same thing. I hope someone can chime in. I tried his method on a dried leg and its a bit different from what I prefer, I prefer the setting to be out more (toward the prop toe) I guess its more the traditional way. I will try the alberts method this season after the moult.

very nice bonus clip of a malaysian knife tying demonstration included too. what amazed me was the huge angle difference between malaysian setting and albert margens setting. yet they both can kill obviously.

the malaysian set is way outside with the point aiming at the outside elbow bone and alberts setting is aiming the same way as the birds natural spur.

the knife tying portion is about an hour long, the second hour is of a stag derby, selected fights.

I liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

i've viewed the dvd hosted by the late Mr. Emoy. Very good presentation and easy to understand. especially the squalado method.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Albert Margens Knife Tying Method

thanks for the feedback guys...

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the feedback guys...
    its worth it bro, very simple instruction easy to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerka
    Up...very much interested....how much does it costs...
    i am not sure i think its only 900 peso - 1500 peso.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Albert Margens Knife Tying Method

Quote Originally Posted by gerka
    Up...very much interested....how much does it costs...

You can click on the "ONLINE STORE" tab and then click CD & DVD you should see it on the first page. its $25.00 not including shipping.

gerka

You can click on the "ONLINE STORE" tab and then click CD & DVD you should see it on the first page. its $25.00 not including shipping.
    ..thanks bro...

Post Thanks / Like

Tihaya and Sakang have two different aim.

First of all, try to avoid fighting cocks with crooked legs. There is so much money at stake that it would be foolish to do so.

Tihaya - means the legs are spread wider than normal and the aim reference is wider or towards the outside. To correct, the tari experts will aim the blade inside back to the normal.

Sakang- means bow legged and the aim is usually inside the normal aim. So, tari experts try to adjust the blade more pointing outside to bring the blade to the normal aim upon impact.

In most sports such as boxing, basketball, karate, hockey, golf, etc,. - the center (of the chest) is the most important to maintain accuracy and power. This center is where you adjust to. The release of the center delivers the most accurate and powerful blow.

When an athlete aims, it is the center first then the extension follows the center to the target. It is the connection of the center and extension that is what we want to achieve.

In gamecocks, the center could be the center of the chest or the butt hole. The spur and elbow are the extensions that follow where the center is aimed.

Before the blade is finally secured, the leg is moved back and forth to determine if the blade is aiming at the center.

Good luck....ed

P.S. an old breeder suggested to select cocks that are body punchers because higher accuracy is easily achieved.
    Last edited by EAA Indians; November 27th, 2008 at 02:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah very easy to understand. I already have one. I recommend to aspiring gaffer to watch it.

All the best

Post Thanks / Like

But quote and quote by the late Emoy, "be careful and if you can't do it, leave it to the professionals"

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Albert Margens Knife Tying Method

Thanks guys for all your comments and help....This is what makes this Website so awesome, everyone here shares the same passion and are ready to share their experiences and expertise. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    Tihaya and Sakang have two different aim.

First of all, try to avoid fighting cocks with crooked legs. There is so much money at stake that it would be foolish to do so.

Tihaya - means the legs are spread wider than normal and the aim reference is wider or towards the outside. To correct, the tari experts will aim the blade inside back to the normal.

Sakang- means bow legged and the aim is usually inside the normal aim. So, tari experts try to adjust the blade more pointing outside to bring the blade to the normal aim upon impact.

In most sports such as boxing, basketball, karate, hockey, golf, etc,. - the center (of the chest) is the most important to maintain accuracy and power. This center is where you adjust to. The release of the center delivers the most accurate and powerful blow.

When an athlete aims, it is the center first then the extension follows the center to the target. It is the connection of the center and extension that is what we want to achieve.

In gamecocks, the center could be the center of the chest or the butt hole. The spur and elbow are the extensions that follow where the center is aimed.

Before the blade is finally secured, the leg is moved back and forth to determine if the blade is aiming at the center.

Good luck....ed

P.S. an old breeder suggested to select cocks that are body punchers because higher accuracy is easily achieved.

Ok, thanks for the clarification and the excellent response post, So, "sakang" is like "piki" correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcard
    Ok, thanks for the clarification and the excellent response post, So, "sakang" is like "piki" correct?
    sakang is the opposite of piki

< > - sakang
    > < - piki
    | | - normal

orlando

Quote Originally Posted by mojo

< > - sakang
    > < - piki
    | | - normal
    your illustration is right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mojo

< > - sakang
    > < - piki
    | | - normal
    Redcard, sakang (bow legs) with the toes pointing straight. Now, one can be "sakang" and also "piki" (toes pointing in).

Why even bother adjusting the blade for crooked leg, spur and toe....my gosh the sport is so competitive to start with and if one will have to deal with these issues, I feel sorry for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    Redcard, sakang (bow legs) with the toes pointing straight. Now, one can be "sakang" and also "piki" (toes pointing in).

Why even bother adjusting the blade for crooked leg, spur and toe....my gosh the sport is so competitive to start with and if one will have to deal with these issues, I feel sorry for them.
    Yes It makes more sense to me now. I was heeling the same way regardless of the conformation of the leg and wondering why some birds were cutting machines and others were hitting air.

I'm glad I asked the question so now I can know what to look for when inspecting the leg conformation. I agree that the the sport is so competitive, every little thing makes a difference no? so If I have a bird with slightly sakang leg I can adjust my knife angle just that millimeter out to make the aim perfect.

Thank you for the explanation, I understand where you are coming from.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes It makes more sense to me now. I was heeling the same way regardless of the conformation of the leg and wondering why some birds were cutting machines and others were hitting air.

I'm glad I asked the question so now I can know what to look for when inspecting the leg conformation. I agree that the the sport is so competitive, every little thing makes a difference no? so If I have a bird with slightly sakang leg I can adjust my knife angle just that millimeter out to make the aim perfect.

Thank you for the explanation, I understand where you are coming from.

Redcard, on whatever you do to the blade, always keep in mind that you adjust it to the center of reference like the butt hole (vent) or chest center.

If you observe Kobe twisting and shooting, the commentator will say, Kobe is so good in squaring to the basket. Actually, Kobe is aiming his center (of the chest) to the basket at the last moment to make the shot.

It is the same in golf and other sports.

Like I said before, I will not bother compensating for a very bad crooked leg.

good luck....ed

stryker66

WANTED: STAY-IN GAFFER / HANDLER

must have years of experience in fighting the big league..please PM me for more details!

STRIKER GAMEFARM

we are member of:

bakbakan supremo
    cavite highlanders cockers club
    unified cavite breeders association
    global cyberfriends group

Post Thanks / Like

when it comes to roosters, sakang means bow legged and piki means knocked kneed and they based it only on their knees, where the thigh and the shank meets.
    nilo

Post Thanks / Like

good day ... you're just wasting your money , most gaffer in bigtime circuit in M.M. are using same system of tying knife, almost paralleel to the spur " PASOK" .. as spur is the primary weapon of chicken ... NO EDUCATIONAL METHOD YOU CAN ABSORB ..