Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Station Fowl For Long Knife

Post Thanks / Like

Best Station Fowl For Long Knife

Anybody can share of what is the best station of fowl to be used for long knife and why?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Station Fowl For Long Knife

I prefer my meduim station cocks. The tall ones seem to over reach their opponents. The short station ones are adobo while still young. The tall cocks are what the customers want, but little do they know that the meduim station ones are the best.

Post Thanks / Like

The best station for LK is a balanced station. Never mind the terms low, medium or high station. What is more important is the balance a rooster has. The legs and shanks must be proportionate to the body of your LK warrior. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

... low .... medium .... high ...............

... each one is relatively good .....

............ if every factor is fairly matched other than the height ,,, I would not fight the one that has obviously longer legs than mine .........

Last edited by RalSuBirds; December 12th, 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

id prefer a well balanced medium station cock.... just my opinion sir...

>>>>>> may your winning ways continue

aurora gold

medium station for stag derbies
    high station for cock derbies
    the high station stags can be moulted twice
    and fought in cock derbies.....they will be medium stationed then
    when they age and mature

Post Thanks / Like

Not medium, but not high...kinda like a medium-high...

Post Thanks / Like

The Station That Wins For You Is The Best Station. I Win With Short-mid & High Station The Main Thing Is That They Cut. Notice The Reactions Of People When You Fight Though. There Is A Lot Of People With Hind Sight 20/20. If You Have A Short Cock That Wins Everyone Will Say The Short Ones Are Better Cause They Get In Side & Cut Well. If They Lose They Will Say Too Short Cant Win With Those. Vice Versa For Tall Cocks. The Best Is The Station That Wins For You.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Best Station Fowl For Long Knife

Best station fowls for the Long Knife arenas are blends of Sweaters, Kelso, Roundheads and also some Gilmores and McLean Hatches.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

gemini1, DIESEL2007, hillsiderz,aurora gold, bok_18, RalSuBirds, super fly and Mudflop

All of your comments so far for me is making sense..keep coming...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Best Station Fowl For Long Knife

Quote Originally Posted by linoj
    Anybody can share of what is the best station of fowl to be used for long knife and why?
    I think High station also.Coz, The lenght of the knife to be gaff is base on the lenght of the shank of the fighting cock. but we have to remember the fatal point of the rooster is not so depth from his external body.Its doesn't require long knife.So, I Prefered medium size and medium station rooster is most desirable.

diskonek

i prefer to fight medium to high station cocks on long knife based on my experience.. during tarvesia I noticed that the higher the cock the greater chance they will win the fight, though sometimes they also got beaten by the shorter ones but this is not as much as the higher station cocks.

Post Thanks / Like

The feet measure of fowl in my avatar is 3.5 inch and the weight is 1.9, Do you Guys consider this as medium or high station ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diskonek
    i prefer to fight medium to high station cocks on long knife based on my experience.. during tarvesia I noticed that the higher the cock the greater chance they will win the fight, .......

... bingo!!! ..... you are sooo right ..... I have never heard anyone saying "I will find a taller opponent because it is easier to beat" .....

..... but this is what is common in the "ulutan" .... take your high station [long legged] cock and try to match it against a shorter one with the same body size .... and most will say "no, because your's is taller ..........

...... unless ther is a "give and take" .... if you [or vice versa] have the height and they have the body ,,, then they would say "yes, fight"

.... though sometimes they also got beaten by the shorter ones but this is not as much as the higher station cocks.

... of course yes ,,, sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Best Station Fowl For Long Knife

We have to remember that sometime the leg of the rooster is longer than the shank
    and it look medium station but if this stike the total lenght was equal to the high station.
    Like for example lemon.
    Greetings to all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

in the long knife, i honestly think that the station doesn't make that much of a difference. Maybe if you're into commercializing your fowls, but it's the style that wins. Brainy Angat Sarado always will have the edge.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming everything is equal; I go for High Station Roosters. I only fight in Hacks and in my opinion HEIGHT is Might... THOUGH not a sure formula for success considering that both roosters wear a SHARP Blade where one clean hit could turn the tide in a fight.

Post Thanks / Like

The cocks station should be relative to his fighting style. Assuming ofcourse that your feathered warrior's body structure is well balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Best Station Fowl For Long Knife

case closed

Originally Posted by diskonek
    i prefer to fight medium to high station cocks on long knife based on my experience.. during tarvesia I noticed that the higher the cock the greater chance they will win the fight, .......

... bingo!!! ..... you are sooo right ..... I have never heard anyone saying "I will find a taller opponent because it is easier to beat" .....

..... but this is what is common in the "ulutan" .... take your high station [long legged] cock and try to match it against a shorter one with the same body size .... and most will say "no, because your's is taller ..........

...... unless ther is a "give and take" .... if you [or vice versa] have the height and they have the body ,,, then they would say "yes, fight"

.... though sometimes they also got beaten by the shorter ones but this is not as much as the higher station cocks.

... of course yes ,,, sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolei
    case closed
    ... no ,,, not yet .... more appeals would come .......

Originally Posted by diskonek

..... but this is what is common in the "ulutan" .... take your high station [long legged] cock and try to match it against a shorter one with the same body size .... and most would say "no, because your's is taller ..........

...... unless ther is a "give and take" .... if you have the height and they have the body [or vice versa] ,,, then they would say "yes, fight"

... sometimes ,,, yes of course
    [/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

The feet measure of fowl in my avatar is 3.5 inch and the weight is 1.9, Do you Guys consider this as medium or high station ?
    .... if you happened to find an opponent with a shank length of 2.5" [or 3"] .... then I would say ,,, your 3.5" legged cock is "relatively" high station ...

.... as for me ,,, I would not base it on a specific height [numbers] but I would categorize them in relative terms ......

........ one might say his fowl with a leg of 4" is high stn. .... but it would become low or med. stn. if the other cock has 5" or 6" lon and so on ........ good luck ....

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer medium to medium/high. I believe that a high stationed bird will encounter some difficulties in the drag. In the drag, I would compare a cock with cut up long legs to a beat up fighter on stilts. A long legged cock with a higher center of gravity will have problems with balance. Since most fights end in the drag, I would like my bird's chances to be just as good if not better than his opponent. JMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Mate,my prefirence in my roosters are Good Balance even if he is Medium Station but i dont select below that Station,Medium to High as long as he have good proportion and balance..

ninoy

This is a nice thread..
    and I'm a little bit confused regarding about the term "Short, Medium, Medium to High, High" Station. Provided all the necessities to have a good balance battle fowl. is there anyone of you can enlighten me how short is "Short" is? How medium is "Medium" is? and How high is "High" is? I mean a definite measure such as in unit of millimeter.
    Do we have to measure the height as if the fowl just standing steadily? or do we have to measure it from beneath the prop toe to knee ball joint?
    Please..
    Last edited by ninoy; December 16th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer medium stationed roosters. When we say medium station it is well balanced with the body. The legs should proportion with the body built.

just analyze with people. if you are 5'6" your legs must not be that long compared to a 6 footer. pangit tignan diba. lumalabas na maigsi masyado ang katawan. ganun din kung 6 footer ka dapat hindi pang 5'6" ang paa mo. mukhang unano na nun.

ninoy

I attended a known Cocking seminar way back 2000...and the speaker declared that most of those rooster who won had a height between 100 mm to 120 mm. But,unluckily...I didn't ask them how it is being measured.

Post Thanks / Like

The best station for a battlecock must be well balanced to its body from top to bottom, fighting style and its fighting weight. Seed fowls and broodstocks are a different story, though you need the obvious. Every bloodline has its own traits; body conformity, fighting styles, cutting abilities and etc. On battle crosses, be it 2-way, 3-way or 4-way, you base the station of the battle fowls on the traits that gives them max chance to fight well and gives them higher winning percentage.

Post Thanks / Like

To sum it all up, the best station fowl for a long knife is not necessarily Short, medium or High BUT should be a "BALANCED" Station... which is relative as it is dependent on how the cocker sees it.

To me this is a balanced station: Buy may not be the case for others....

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...100_0117-1.jpg

Last edited by ARESFORTUN; December 15th, 2008 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i may agree....as what others may always said that a rooster or a game bird who posses good body weight & size that equal or balance to his station is always that we called a good station.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bromanok
    I prefer medium to medium/high. I believe that a high stationed bird will encounter some difficulties in the drag. In the drag, I would compare a cock with cut up long legs to a beat up fighter on stilts. A long legged cock with a higher center of gravity will have problems with balance. Since most fights end in the drag, I would like my bird's chances to be just as good if not better than his opponent. JMHO.

sir...you gave wisdom...not opinion...