Thread: Has anyone had success with socket knife in Philippines

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had success with socket knife in Philippines

Has any entry done well with say von long knife in the L K competition in the islands ? To me it seems you should get more shock (Less Wrapping in leg) then with traditional fork knife. Not starting a argument just wanting honest facts! I've read in other posts talking about the width of the blade, I know that von made the v-4 wich is hollow ground in middle (the cheeks of the blade were removed) to help reduce resistance as blade went in and out. I have some just never had a chance to use them.

LYLES

Re: Has anyone had success with socket knife in Philippines

The Problem With A Socket Knife Is It Stays In A Fixed Position AT ALL TIMES .... Where If You Where Using A Fork Knife You Can Change Angels To Better Fit The Birds Fighting Style.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that socket knife in bacolod derbies were banned due to maybe the politics of the assoc. since i heard that anybody can tie their roosters with the socket. I have a friend in iloilo who was using socket knife for a while with good success. by the way i what i mean with the assoc. are the gaffers assoc.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Has anyone had success with socket knife in Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by HumbertoR
    Has any entry done well with say von long knife in the L K competition in the islands ? To me it seems you should get more shock (Less Wrapping in leg) then with traditional fork knife. Not starting a argument just wanting honest facts! I've read in other posts talking about the width of the blade, I know that von made the v-4 wich is hollow ground in middle (the cheeks of the blade were removed) to help reduce resistance as blade went in and out. I have some just never had a chance to use them.
    less wrap but von knives are too heavy for me.. they make it very thick, both socket and the blade..

Quote Originally Posted by LYLES
    The Problem With A Socket Knife Is It Stays In A Fixed Position AT ALL TIMES ....
    not a problem at all, it has been preset for a purpose but it can still be adjusted to a certain degree.. just depends on how you put on the wrap.. but if you really change settings on every bird at every fight, you might as well use the Fork..

Post Thanks / Like

Sometime in the early nineties, Little Bobby Joe Manziel III came over to train our birds he used a socket knife that had a different curved design. He used it during his first derby at roligon a 5cock. He used the same knife on all ten of the birds and did not sharpen it once. He lost the first and then won 9 straight. The knives (3of them) were stolen after the derby.

filamforks

Quote Originally Posted by HumbertoR
    Less wrapping on the leg is the only thing that I liked with the Socket knife so it's the only good thing that I incorporated in my Filipino-American Fork knife.

Post Thanks / Like

sIR FILAMFORKS! Could u please post sum pic's!

filamforks

Quote Originally Posted by guamgazu
    sIR FILAMFORKS! Could u please post sum pic's!
    Sir guamgazu, my avatar is a FilAm Fork Knife. But here's a group pic of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images