Thread: History of the Blue Gamefowl

Post Thanks / Like

History of the Blue Gamefowl

Brothers of the Sport..

May you could share your inputs about the history of the BLUE Strain..

It's features and fighting style.. (Strong and Weak points)..

Where does it blend well and how old is the ideal fighting age of this line? Was it bred for LK or SK.

Cheers!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: History of the Blue Gamefowl

And in the PI, who is the breeder who has the highest winning percentage of this fowl??

Cheers!!

ExeL

Ahh..my favourite birds..smart cutting masters.
    I have a few saved up literatures (i.e. history of the Blue(Pyles,Dom..etc) bloodlines.
    I will have it typed on here.
    It is quite a tedious task, I must say.

----------

I don't know anybody who breeds blues straight, but I was rather fascinated by a WSC entry Feather River Blues, they some fine example of quality strain. I got mine somehwere in North Carolina, though the breeder is growing old gracefuly, the wine in that cottage is equally as superb.

----------

I hope somebody will expound on the matter of the bird origins more eloquently tahn yours truly, and more patiently.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Ben Tan
    And in the PI, who is the breeder who has the highest winning percentage of this fowl??

Cheers!!
    sir Ben,

You know very well that the Romulo's has some very good Blue fowls...

I got a single Blue fowl from the Black Rampuri Asil (Romulo's) crossed to my White Irish Whitehackle hen... The Blue color likely came from the hen as they are more blue than actual white...

Have a nice day...

Chris
    Aseel d Past, Present & Future - M.Romulo

Post Thanks / Like

Jun Quinto Of Dagupan Gamefowl Center Pangasinanhas the Feather River Blues.Joe Stanfield personally gave him that bloodline.Its the same that Joe uses in the world slasher.Jun has crossed it over kelsos and lemons.They're not big birds but they have a good win record for Jun.They fight an off beat style.he only propagates enough to use personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine from Bernie David which eventually his uncle Reck who lives in the states acquired from a.k.a filamforks. I will not post filamforks real name here but through back and forth emails he told me that he was able to develop this strain - a combination of blue, democrat and a butcher.

Here's the hen:

family:

my other blues from a big farm in Laguna:

For those buyers looking for blues, go to DSVBJ farm - i've seen that they have good awesome blues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnucum
    sir Ben,

You know very well that the Romulo's has some very good Blue fowls...

I got a single Blue fowl from the Black Rampuri Asil (Romulo's) crossed to my White Irish Whitehackle hen... The Blue color likely came from the hen as they are more blue than actual white...

Have a nice day...

Chris
    Sir Chris,

Happy Holidays sir.. Yes i do know about their Blue's.. It has the highest winning percentage in their farm and its origin is really mysterious. (as what sir Tonio said).. hehehe..

Though im not a fan about this line, it really is somewhat fascinating since these birds do know how to CUT and are also very GAME to the core..

That is the reason why im trying to search for the good one's and maybe ask from our brothers in the sport a little about their history..

Cheers!!

Post Thanks / Like

bai Ben,
    there's a breeder in washington state that breeds the famed washington blue fever of mr. ian withers. he is a personal friend of mr. withers and got his stocks before mr. withers quit sabong and sold all his fowls to a mexican guy. the mexican never sells a feather of these blues. these blues, as i was told, are excellent cutters and off-beat fighters that gave mr. withers numerous championships in texoma, including a solo 12 cock derby championship.

i got my washington blue fever last year and crossed to the jacobs albany as recommended by the breeder. we also produced some crosses to sweaters. will test some 11 months old stags in hackfyts when i'm in PI next month.

here is our 1/2 jacobs albany 1/2 washington blue fever stags. they got their medium station from the albany side.

james wolf

would be interested in a couple of blue pullets, i have the blue fever in my bluevelcros (william middaugh) but i don't have pure blue. jwolf

Post Thanks / Like

Great Blue Specimens you have..

Sir Orevon,

From which part of Laguna were you able to source your BLUES?

Sir KDX,

I have an email for you.. please do check it..

Thank you very much for the inputs.. please if you have some more literatures about the blues, i would greatly appreciate it alot.

Cheers!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Blue Specimens you have..

Sir Orevon,

From which part of Laguna were you able to source your BLUES?

Sir KDX,

I have an email for you.. please do check it..

Thank you very much for the inputs.. please if you have some more literatures about the blues, i would greatly appreciate it alot.

Cheers!!
    sir Ari Ben Tan,

Hi. To tell you frankly i don't know but I will tell you how it ends up in my yard. I have my neighbor who's working as a carpenter. He comes home only in weekends. One weekend (I was in the Philippines then during my vacation) I saw him carrying a very beautiful blue hatch hen. Asked him where did he get it and he told me that it was given to him by the caretaker of the farm in Laguna where they are constructing a resort inside that farm. The farm is owned by.... (I will not post the name to protect the personality of the caretaker of the farm).....a big time breeder/cocker who fights in bigtime derbies. The "blue hatches" is one of his personal strain and not sold commercially according to my neighbor.

To cut the story short, I crossed this with my lemon and produced only 2 stags - 1 yellow legged and 1 dark legged. The yellow legged won twice but succumbed to wounds in his last fight and die. The dark legged is still with me (very good cutting bird) and already won 3 times:

I inbred this cock back to his mother and their offsprings:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not an expert on Blue fowl... but... I think that the Blue's came out of Ireland like a lot of fowl. Our Miner Blure's are the old Irish Pyle family...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...C09231-1-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...DSC08629-1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...DSC09907-1.jpg

Irish Pyle / Grey cross...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...DSC00246-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OREVON
    sir Ari Ben Tan,

Hi. To tell you frankly i don't know but I will tell you how it ends up in my yard. I have my neighbor who's working as a carpenter. He comes home only in weekends. One weekend (I was in the Philippines then during my vacation) I saw him carrying a very beautiful blue hatch hen. Asked him where did he get it and he told me that it was given to him by the caretaker of the farm in Laguna where they are constructing a resort inside that farm. The farm is owned by.... (I will not post the name to protect the personality of the caretaker of the farm).....a big time breeder/cocker who fights in bigtime derbies. The "blue hatches" is one of his personal strain and not sold commercially according to my neighbor.

To cut the story short, I crossed this with my lemon and produced only 2 stags - 1 yellow legged and 1 dark legged. The yellow legged won twice but succumbed to wounds in his last fight and die. The dark legged is still with me (very good cutting bird) and already won 3 times:

I inbred this cock back to his mother and their offsprings:

Sir Orevon,

That's one good story sir..

Keep breeding them healthy and select thoroughly...

How far have you line bred them back to the motherside?? Were there throwbacks produce or was it still producing the same features like the original hens??

Cheers!!

Sir Slipspur,

I have read somewhere that Blues are also of the same family as the Whitehackles??

Can someone confirm this if it is indeed true??

Cheers!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Orevon,

That's one good story sir..

Keep breeding them healthy and select thoroughly...

How far have you line bred them back to the motherside?? Were there throwbacks produce or was it still producing the same features like the original hens??

Cheers!!

Sir Slipspur,

I have read somewhere that Blues are also of the same family as the Whitehackles??

Cheers!!

According to a reprint in Sabungero Magasin of an old article from The Feathered Warrior (1960's), Whitehackles contained pyle blood. I had the 4th edition of Sabungero Magasin but the rest of the article is on the the 5th edition of Sabungero which, I never got to read. Read through the old issues of this magazine. They will probably give you more clarification regarding the origins of the Whitehackes.
    As to whether Whitehackles and Blues are of the same family, I haven't got a clue. I guess not.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Slipspur,

Cheers!!

I personally concider mine to be a Whitehackle... they have the same traits & abilities... I'll breed then accordingly... to Rh's, Kelso & simular breeds.

Post Thanks / Like

filamforks

Quote Originally Posted by tonio
    WOW!!! Very impressive tonio. Which is which between video # 1(blue-lacy) and video#3(3/4blue 1/4 asil)? Looks like they are the same. And are they (blue-lacy cross) from lacy hens? Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filamforks
    WOW!!! Very impressive tonio. Which is which between video # 1(blue-lacy) and video#3(3/4blue 1/4 asil)? Looks like they are the same. And are they (blue-lacy cross) from lacy hens? Thanks for sharing.
    I was very impressed with Tonio's birds too... especially his Greys... I spent all evening watching his videos... his birds are very deliberate cutters.

I especially liked this fight...
    http://tonioromulo.multiply.com/video/item/21
    Last edited by slipspur; December 24th, 2008 at 05:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some friends in northwest,GA that raise Jericho blues I got some eggs from them to hatch out to try them out myself the chicks are a week old now and are very active chicks yet calm & very people friendly I was told there this way all the way from start to finish

Post Thanks / Like

Tryin to get a minor blue hen...love this bloodline...fast...smart and do they cut..lol

cockfighter_199

Always wanted some good ones they are rare to find.

Post Thanks / Like

I was always told that if you wanted to ADD CUT to a line you need to add good Blue blood to it. Beautiful birds.