Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leg reading

Post Thanks / Like

Re: leg reading

where is the thread starter?????

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: leg reading

My father believed in those leg senyales. He even bought a rooster a longtime ago that has no scales in the leg...and it looks whitish. He fought it in several cockpit and it won several times. I was then beginning to believe in those things but when someone told me that those roosters that has no scales on their legs are just a result of some genetic abnormality and it is a defect just like some chickens with some "imperfections" in their body like offsprings of the highly inbreed lines that was then I realized that there was no truth in those leg scale senyales. And the winning performance of that rooster is not related to his having no scales in his legs.

Anyway, I read a mag in the past that the scales in the legs of the fighting cock indicates of what the rooster bones it have. A leg scales that was small and with a good alignment indicates that a rooster has a dense stronger bones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_talon
    ... right ha ha ...

... I really do not have any problem talking about what we do in places outside the USA where cockfight is legal like in our PI ,,, in Mexico ,,, Central and South America .... such as knives ,,, gaffs ,,, fights ,,, feeds and feeding ,,, medications etc.

..... but these ARAvegans has been annoying us with their insults

PHRED420

Quote Originally Posted by blue_talon
    BINGO! more like suspicious..
    have to be careful you never know agents are lurking out there...
    a cocker newbie or not shud not have been offended by kogs joke... hmmmm

uote=RalSuBirds].... very interesting question from a "newbie"

..... however ,,, the point of my interset is to hear from you ,,, your own experience[s] in this sport ....

.... if you could share us something about your fowl and anything about them that really matters ......

.... for considering your join date here "2007" which indicates that you started something about gamefowl at least NO LATER THAN "2007" ..... which means you must have something to tell us about your fowl from within that period '07-'09

... and we will talk later about "leg reading"

[/QUOTE]
    i was not offended i just wanted a real answer. looking for help not jokes.

PHRED420

thank for all the replys.

PHRED420

Thumbs up Re: leg reading

Quote Originally Posted by gemini1
    My father believed in those leg senyales. He even bought a rooster a longtime ago that has no scales in the leg...and it looks whitish. He fought it in several cockpit and it won several times. I was then beginning to believe in those things but when someone told me that those roosters that has no scales on their legs are just a result of some genetic abnormality and it is a defect just like some chickens with some "imperfections" in their body like offsprings of the highly inbreed lines that was then I realized that there was no truth in those leg scale senyales. And the winning performance of that rooster is not related to his having no scales in his legs.

Anyway, I read a mag in the past that the scales in the legs of the fighting cock indicates of what the rooster bones it have. A leg scales that was small and with a good alignment indicates that a rooster has a dense stronger bones.

thanks for the reply that is the kind of response i was looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

paano ba maging vegan? gusto ko sanang mag apply..me pera ba dyan?

Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend before who is a very good in kaliskis reading,he will tell you what time youre going to fight youre bird.tell you what color youre going to pick as youre opponent in the pit, but when his cock loss he go and see his opponent cock, and said the other cock has a better kaliskis thats why we loss.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

The modern cockers does not believed on senyales or kaliskis I have seen these old folks from Hawaii purchasing a rooster completely ignoring the suggestion or recommendation by the breeder to spar and select the one with lots of wind reiterating the advantage fighting in long knife. They just pick up and handle the roosters one by one and stared reading the leg scale.
    My preferences are: Close scale that count between 31 and 33 scale reading from middle finger up to the spur. A one solid scale align to the spur with 2 equivalent split scale on the other side would be considered a basal winners. To be successful, you must start breeding from a winning lines; a 365 days care, good conditioning program, a good knifeman and of course a little luck. My one cent input.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: leg reading

Personally I Dont Believe In Senyales.i Just Let My Old Folks Find Any Senyales But Still I Follow My Process Of Selection.

Post Thanks / Like

I only won about 10% of cocks with 28- 28 Kaliskis kaya kung bumibili ako ng manok sinisiguro ko wala 28-28. At kung breeding man yon binibigay ko sa mga humihingi .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MARVZ
    I only won about 10% of cocks with 28- 28 Kaliskis kaya kung bumibili ako ng manok sinisiguro ko wala 28-28. At kung breeding man yon binibigay ko sa mga humihingi .

marvz...you did not understood the signs...it says the hole must be under 28...not scales...try them again and lady luck will be with you...

Post Thanks / Like

pre lee,

nasa texas ka pa rin ba...

farm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    marvz...you did not understood the signs...it says the hole must be under 28...not scales...try them again and lady luck will be with you...
    nyahahahahah...hehehehehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farm82557
    pre lee,

nasa texas ka pa rin ba...

farm

nasa dallas pa... then europe sa last week of jan nasa pinas sa march...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom
    paano ba maging vegan? gusto ko sanang mag apply..me pera ba dyan?

you have to give up meat...and yes there is lots and lots of money...from you from him to ****...***...so that they can kick us out of this planet...and if you are lucky, they will recycle you so that they can grow more veggies for themselves...

Post Thanks / Like

you have to give up meat...and yes there is lots and lots of money...from you from him to ****...***...so that they can kick us out of this planet...and if you are lucky, they will recycle you so that they can grow more veggies for themselves...
    hehehehe...i hope a vegan read this... ...so they dont eat meat even on good friday? any kind of meat? oh thats lonesome...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflop
    I have some folks that are very superstitious about leg scale markings that purchase cocks from me quite often.
    To continue to bring them back as customers each season this is what I do.
    At hatching time I begin to look at some chicks and make a mark strait down the middle of the leg in the front and a small marking on the back with a dull razor blade. When the chicks grow the markings stays and when they are cocks they look like the markings were there when they were coming out of the shell.

Needless to say, those unsuspecting customers come and look all over for those with the special markings and buy every one of them even if they are substandard looking cocks. The thing that I don't get is they keep coming back and keep saying how good those cocks were that they previously purchased. They always talk about the multiple time winners and who they beat in the hack fights, but they don't give any extra dollars for their good fortune.

Well I guess it is my good fortune to keep using a dull razor at hatching time and keep them happy and returning customers each season.

On another hand, don't always believe a woman is a woman. Sometimes we are fooled and the fruit turns out to be nothing more than a vegetable. Oh how I wish I could go and see for myself the fresh catch at Legends. Oh well maybe next year, I hope.
    it will really turn good for them coz god knows someone has fooled them. Karma will strike back later.

Leg scales reading is almost a traditional superstition brought down by our ancestors down to this time. Why not believe if it had worked for them. and maybe why it worked?, because those chickens who posses this scales are well taken good care of coz they are special in their own eyes.

guybfry

PHRED420 reading or paying attention to the legs toes spurs and scales of your best winning fowl and keeping good records and perhaps pictures of these fowl and their feet an legs over time you can learn a great deal and then you will know which are the best scales or signs to look for.

Gastornis

I wonder if anyone read Manny Pacquiao's legs and said he'd be a winner...

Bottom line is that roosters are no different from athletes, train and condition them right and you have a better chance of winning than relying on "signs" on the legs/wings etc... While I believe in winning bloodlines (although using the Pacquiao metaphor again, we see that his genes are not exactly super), I'd rather go for science and maturity rather than superstition and luck.. My two cents on the matter...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

first i watch and learn the fight of my game cock,his gameness in which i concentrate, reading leg is only the last concern for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PHRED420
    i am very new to cockfighting and have very little knowledge about it but i love it and want to learn. i heard about reading a birds legs and wanted to know what this means? and if there is any truth to it how do you do it? i will greatly appreciate any help i recieve.

PHRED420, if you are really a vegetarian as some folks says, I just hope you're not a Jain. Jains are pure vegetarians, that does not even eat any vege cooked with anything that grows under the earth; such as ginger, garlic, onion, potato, cassava, camote and others but I wonder why they eat Eggs.

Science is an amazing thing. Scientists are still and always scrumbling things to find reasons and answers to whatever they think are happening but for no valid reason, well humanly. As some branches of science offers clarifications and justification to our quest for knowledge. Medical science offers facts and figures that we, humans, are now used to take as answers. On the other hand, natural science is being believed even without justifications in the journals. There are things that happens, beyond our comprehension, and most folks take it as part of natural science. Things happens by the laws of the forces of nature. Some things happen, explainable, but some are not.

On gamecock leg reading, their maybe some truth in it, while our ancestors believed in them when there was no other explaination during their times to justify that its none sense. But then, most modern sciences and technologies were derived from ancient beliefs and traditions. Its just a matter of time when things are explained well or discovered or shall I say, re discovered.

Besides, what I've observed in the cockpits, some folks succesfully follows natural science during shows. As they said, fight light colored fowls (plummage & legs) when the moon is half to full and fight dark colored fowls (plummage & legs) when moon is half darker to the darkest. I observed they had success with it and I tried to follow it, I had a fair success with it, too. Well, even in derbies.

Last edited by lexlavin32; March 17th, 2009 at 01:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gastornis View Post
    I wonder if anyone read Manny Pacquiao's legs and said he'd be a winner...

Bottom line is that roosters are no different from athletes, train and condition them right and you have a better chance of winning than relying on "signs" on the legs/wings etc... While I believe in winning bloodlines (although using the Pacquiao metaphor again, we see that his genes are not exactly super), I'd rather go for science and maturity rather than superstition and luck.. My two cents on the matter...

lol!!! someone actually did, i heard it on one of his fights, one of of the commentators mentions manny having a big calfs and thats where his power came from lol......

Post Thanks / Like

Scales can help us in the time of the fight

Post Thanks / Like

I truly believe that the scales on chickens are more of a genetic marker. If you breed chickens with a good kaliskis, you'll notice that the offspring show resemblence as well. just go in your yard and check the scales of your broodstock, then check the scales of the offspring. You may also see a corelation of the scale markings of all your winners and losers, then you know which direction to lean towards when selecting fowl from a certain family of chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_talon View Post
    he's probably gone and been back under ten different names pretending.... There has been A Lot of newbies asking questions lately ...

Post Thanks / Like

good scales are oriental traits...being good body conformation, smart, livability, and very accurate cutters...if those typical scales shows up in your chicken scales it would mean
    that someone put it there one way or another...you cannot deny genetics...it will show up
    if it was put in...so, if you find it...they usually has the fighting ability that i mentioned above...

Post Thanks / Like

whats are the bad type of kaliskis and the story behind it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    whats are the bad type of kaliskis and the story behind it?
    this is what i learned from some Iban cockers,

1. front scales at the back of the shank.
    2. scales that pointing outside or upward.
    3. the scales at the top of the shank(knee) symmetrically aligned like a ring.

i don't know what's the story behind it, they just told me not to fight cocks that have these kind of scales.