Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: White Kelsos

sultada

white kelso

good day! fellow cocking enthusiasts!!!!!!!!!!!

i just wanna ask about the charateristics of the "WHITE KELSO" bloodlines on thier fighting style, thier overall charateristics.....

tnks ............

Post Thanks / Like

We fight and breed White Kelso's

The ones we have, i would say are predominantly "salto", with great cutting ability and "madiskarte", i've fought some that turned to weaving and waiting if they can't get a clean shot at their opponent. Overall i love their fighting style. The ones we have are bitter game, but we do cross them for more power and bottom.:hippie:

sultada

good lines to cross with

what are the lines to croos with the WHITE KELSO?
    YLH would it be a good line to cross it? how about black fowl?

lastly,sir, does the said line do a lot of winnings for you?

tnks....... ::rbounce:

steben_cgal
    my friend george has a very game white kelso line. visit his website to see those white kelsos.

Post Thanks / Like

Sultada

We've successfully bred them with Mercedes Hatch. We have Blacks (Sids) but we avoid this matching because they are speed type. You could certainly try breeding them over YLH, as long as they are endowed with good bottom and power. We have very good win percentage with our white Kelso's that is why we try hard to maintain this particular bloodline.

bien1931

white kelsos

White kelsos are basically Clarets Trace the progeny white hen
    Ireland was put in the mix,Its bloodline is heavy w/ round head
    Bostonn thats why they weave and bob. Occasionally you will get
    white color or you'll get a red but turns white after it moult.
    Cross w/ 1/2 Leiper 1/2 Albany or a direct lineage band 84 Lemon
    Goodluck in your breeding/
    Bluegrass

Post Thanks / Like

White kelsos

I just want to know what is the origin of the white kelsos,,please share your knowledge on white kelsos, their characteristics,,and how they fight,,what style?

thanks a lot..

Post Thanks / Like

white kelso

pare ko,

i'm not so sure about the origin of the white kelso but the white kelsos that we have in the farm have been winning consistently... they break high and their cutting is very accurate... we have crossed some of them to our hatch blood and they have proven to have alot of gameness in them even in the drag fight... we have had some kelsos hit pretty badly in the first buckle but have been able to come back and win their fights... one was fought in araneta... he won even if he was hit badly in the first buckle... he was able to shuffle his way to victory even if his intestines were already hanging out all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like

sir

tnx for your info i was surprised sir coz our white kelso plays the same with yours....and i had my same experience on one of my brood cocks now,,he is a pure white kelso yellowlegged,,he was hit on his way up,... the knife was deeply digged to his side waist...and then he got a billhold on his opponent and gives a very long shuffle until he finally killed his red opponent,,, really they are game and shuffles a lot with good station...

but i hope i would know their real origins,,

tnx for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....They where maybe throwback from the red kelsos as the name implies .... but i got mine from S & W Gamefarm in Georgia some 5 years or so ago....and yes they have speed & are strong in the air and dead game so far for me...in the hacks and small derbies.
    S & W advertised in Gamecocks magazinen if you want to check it out....

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking my white kelso

I have not yet tested my white kelso he is only going 4 months old. he is a cross between my white zambo hen and my red kelso broodcock given to me by my dear friend henry brown from new jersey.

I am keeping this thread in my file and 4 months from now when I can buckle him I will inform you about his performance.

as of now he is starting to really look good , he is tall and walks with regal bearing , straight comb , I think he will be a very good looking fowl.

I wish I could send Henry a stag but how to do it ?

cheers !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ariel,
    the white kelso could could be a white claret fowls called pipeliner. Kelso inherited most of the clarets from John Madigin. The white kelso could be a throwback, maybe a Murphy claret or simply be a whitehackle claret.

William Branum
    According to Cecil Davis the first White Kelso fowl appeared when Walter Kelso purchased a white cock at the old Hot Springs pit. The white cock was really impressive winning his fight in grand style. Mr. Kelso infused this blood in one of his families and the rest is history.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info william b.

JohnnyJumper79
    One of the best cutting cocks I have ever seen was a white kelso, it was in a small deby about a month ago. I would really like to infuse some of that blood into my stock.

mychael
    i had a slim benoist once, very good cutter and dead game. the person who sold me that slim benoist told me that slim benoists are kelso's. Is that true? Can somebody tell me?

bien1931

White Kelso as posted by Ariel

The white Kelso strain originated from a White Madigin claret when Madigin died W Kelso and Dan Jetpt obtained all the chickens of Madigin. Kelso cross a Mansell pyle cock to white madigin claret hen the hen white legs w/ black spur, and st.comb.he also cross Boston round head cock to his white claret now white Kelso that is why one gets YL black spur pea comb kelso cocks. They are very accurate cutters and smart because of round head blood. We bred red kelso YL black spur cock to white kelso hen white leg black spur 10% comes white both YL & WL. but when we bred white cock & white hen we get 50% whites. We will fight them as stags and cocks in short knife and long knife 06 or 07. If they turn out to be good to excellent I'll send the breeding stocks to our farm i Phil. bien31

Post Thanks / Like

Slim Benoist

Mychael,

Slim Benoist did breed white Kelsos. He bred them specially for the long knife. He won a lot of debies using them. He called them Silver bullets.

-STLito

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all

thank you very much for your inputs in my thread sorry for my late replies..i have read your comments and really widen my knowledge on thse kelso whites,,right now I have produces peacombs crosses of whites from SUE wilson lines..they are now 5 months old,,my oldest stags are now 7 months old and they are early maturing..hope to fight them soon and give you a good feedback,,goodluck to all...thanks again guys....

PolloMan

White Kelso

I've read lot of inconsistencies regarding this strain. Even the original breeders did a lot of experimenting that result to very complex produce. Yes I believe 110% the so called WHITE KELSO are direct result of infusion after infusion to get vigor and nice configuration. Yes, IMHO its a THROWBACK. And Slim's SILVER BULLET is the CLEAR manifestation of potent strain. Again IMHO, yun lang.

ricko
    I have never seen a white kelso before. But I have a yellow legged kelso who's five months from now.

Anyone who has a picture of white kelso please post it here. pls?

PandP
    I see some cross WHITE KELSO with Hatch. Any other crosses that seem to match.
    Are they similar to is it "TOM WILSON WHITES" ??

lvalles
    igot one i bouth this one in georgia from a cuban due
    i see this rooster fight 2 times before i paid 500$ for
    too fast kill you in the air with short knife ,i fight this one in nc
    againts some mexicans with 4000$ and they want bet more
    because their rooster was 5 times winner,the mex told me take
    a picture of you rooster because this one is the last fight
    for your,,,,he dont lie my never fouthg again my chiken kill that
    one so quick about 20 secons i retire for brood cock

denningr82
    Does anyone here knows where I can get some white kelsos from? I've been looking for one for a long time.

Jarque

White Kelso..........

You can PM Banderado. I'd think he got some from Sydney
    Kinsaul of GA.

Yo Betty!

Slim Benoist Silver Bullets

Slims White Kelso's (Silver Bullets) are one of the best LK birds. They have the power and speed and gameness. I watched them way back late 80's. I tried to get a trio but he always run out. I just called him a week ago and according to Slim, he sent top broodfowls to his friend in the Philippines(Luzon) shipped to Mr. Arciaga including his old Paul Goode Kelso line which he never let go. This Kelso line was used in 1986 in the 10 Cocks derby -solo champion. This was the line used in the making of the Silver Bullets thru the broodcock, a white claret given by John Paul Trotter (late Billy Abbott's handler).

pinnacle
    denningr82,
    banderado has good white kelsos as some friends told me. also, boyet plaza of dgp3. i was just unlucky that the two pure white kelsos bought from him died w/ heat stroke during the el niņo here.

Bedminster

speaking of slim...

according to tiny meneses, his canlubang whites originated from slim benoist. however, according to tiny, it is starting to get too low-stationed due to inbreeding.

if anyone has seen slim's silver bullets in action, how can you compare their fighting style to the zamboanga whites?

Yo Betty!

Slim's Silver bullet and Zambo White

Slim's Silver Bullet's have more bottom and they also have the speed. However, Zambo Whites were also good cutters and calculating fighters. It's a matter of preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Princess GDragon!

So how is your White Kelso? Any feedback? What are the physical differences between a whilte kelso and a ZamboWhite?
    cheers.