Thread: Salute

walterod

Salute

Hi there to everyone in the Filipines:

I am new to your board. I am form the otherf side of the world.
    Probably we are 10,000 miles apart, but thanks to tecnology we can
    practically, talk to each other...I am a breeder from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
    In my family we have been in this business for a century. Cockfigthing is
    a family tradition we enherid from grand pa, to my father, from my father to me.

For the purpuse of the record my mathernal languaje is spanish. What I mean by this, is that please apologize my english...

If any of you have a question about our fowls please fell free to ask.
    My regards to eveyone.
    Cordially Walter Rodriguez

ritchie
    Hi Walter, Iam your Filipino neighbor from Grand Cayman. Welcome to Sabong.

walterod

Salute

Hi there:

To my filipino neigtbor from Gran Cayman...Next year my son will be
    at your island doing a film..Lets keep in touch.

ritchie
    neighbor, that is cool. if i can be of any help that i can do, just buzz me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Site Walterod....

Edwin Kubojiri
    Hola Walter!

It's great to see someone from Puerto Rico here. I am from Hawaii myself. What is the most popular heel in your country? By that I mean, what weapon style do you use most there? I have many friends on the Mainland US who have Puerto Rican Gamefowl that they use for Aluminum Spur fighting, and was wondering if the fowl were bred specifially for this type of fighting.

Gracias for your time,

bustay2000
    welcome and enjoy to sabong.............:rbounce:

Gallos Locos
    Bienvenida en sabong.net

walterod

Salute feedback

Hi there:

I just want to thanck s everyone who have taken thier time to welcome to this board, I apreciate words...
    For those who want to know the weapons we use in Puerto Rico:
    Let me brief you sport...
    We have 110 cockpits in the island, and celebrate 172,063 combats

last year; we are a little industry that employe 20,000 people in direct and indirect jobs; we move arround $400 million dolars; we are a legal sport in the island since 1932; more than 1 million fans pay to attend to our sport, no other sport in the island take more fans to thier activities than gamefowl figthing...We are number one sport in the island...
    But the question was, what kind of weapon we use...Well let me go on...We fight 3 pounders, and very few 4 pounders...We use finos, some grade asils and more recently we are using some shamo grades...Our fino fowls are the product of many breeding years of dedicated and honest people,..Our birds originaly came from Spain, later on from Cuba and today we export world wide...including spain ,because now we have a population of 1 million bids.
    But the questions was the type of weapon...Well, until 1992 we used "POTIZAS", but they became too expensive, we used to pay $200 for a pair of spurs that come out broken...and since 1992, someone got the brilliant idea of producing plastic spurs and that save our sport...today at the cockpit
    we pay $6.00 for each ""disposable" spurs. Their size is 1 inch and 9 lines, a little more than 1 /12 inch...
    We are always in the search of strong finos, with great speed, a lot of gamaness and cutting habilities, that really do the work for us.
    PD. Please fell free to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

boricua

Walter,
    I lived in Ceiba for almost 3 yrs and I always go to the pit by the Marina. I have seen the one in San Juan but never had the chance to go in and watch.

Roadman

walterod

Salute feedback

Hi there Roadman;

Good to know you were in the island. I suposed you came as a soldier to Rosevelt Road Navy Base. ..Is a pity you have not come to the bigest cockpit in the Island , The Puerto Rico Colisium at Isla Verde, just next to the International Airport...Home of the best and only the best gamefowl in the island of Puerto Rico...Hope to see you around...Where are you located now?

ritchie
    neighbor, could you post some pictures of your birds in the gallery. thank you.

marccaesar
    Welcome to the site Walter! :teeth:

BOBBY SILVERIO
    BROTHER IN SPORT IM ALWAYS THER IN PUERTO RICO AND GRAND CAYMAN LAST 2 YEARS,SAD TO SAY WE ONLY MET EACH OTHER NOW IM ALREADY IN VACATION.I ALWAY GO TO PLAZA LAS AMERICA IN SAN JUAN P.R. IM IN THE CRUSELINE BUSINESS,MAYBE YOU'VE HEARD OF OUR COMPANY ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTRNATIONAL I HOPE TO MEET YOU SOON MAYBE EARLY 2004.
    WELCOME TO THE SITE WALTEROD

Post Thanks / Like
    Bienvenido Walter , best wishes from Australia and the Philippines

walterod

Salute

Hi there:
    Thanks for you welcome Tommy boy, I wich you and your people only the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salute

Hello. My name is James Allen. I am very interested in learning about spanish game fowl. The ones that I see on youtube are straight combed and rose combed. I was wondering if they ever come pea combed or with toppies. I don't mean to bother you, but I would appreciate your help. I have a friend who has some spanish, but some have toppies and some are pea combed. If I get any, I want the real ones. I do not want american blood added. I love to watch those roosters in Puerto Rico. What is the average weight for a hen? I don't trust the bloodlines that people have here in Tennessee. I would like some information on the Jerezano spanish type fowl and what are the blue colored ones and the blue/red colored ones called? Thank you for your time.
    Rooster