Thread: james sylvester

Post Thanks / Like

james sylvester

Hello cockers can you tell me which are his best lines i wan to buy but they are very expensive need your advise thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: james sylvester

Quote Originally Posted by cocker1
    Hello cockers can you tell me which are his best lines i wan to buy but they are very expensive need your advise thank you
    Atty Jun Mendoza of JM Fantastic gamefarm has excellent James Sylvester Mclean Hatch one of the best Mclean I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive Also Seen Sylvesters Hatches In Action And Theyre Almost Impossible To Beat. Very Good Break And Lots Of Bottom. Theyre Station Is Not Very Good Though.

Post Thanks / Like

he has good roosters but he is not a good person...spend your good money elsewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

$2500 A Trio Is Just Too Much For Me

Post Thanks / Like

Known for his Leiper Hatch blood. I acquired a brood cock and hen from him a couple of

years ago. When i decided to spar him, i wasnt really impressed. I left him alone the first

year. The next year i decided to breed the pair. I now have about 14 cocks on cords. I

spared all 14 and love them all. They are beautiful chickens with lots of power behind

them. I know he ships alot to Mexico. Good Luck......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    he has good roosters but he is not a good person...spend your good money elsewhere...
    I heard the same story. Atty. Jun Mendoza got his Sylvester Hatches/Leipers indirectly from Richard Wilburn of Bluefox farms. Personality aside, these Hatches/Leipers of James Sylvester can fight pure or crossed and breaks to the lights with unbelievable power. Their beauty is also a sight to behold. JM told me they are originally Jimmy East Hatches and Leipers...
    Last edited by super fly; March 30th, 2009 at 08:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the help for these reasons i will purchase the trio from this nice cocker i have done a little bit of research and have found out he is a very good handler and he also worked for the great jimmy east. I also met him two years ago at the visalia convention where they auction some of his fowl. For the negative comments and bad reputation i have read here in sabong he tends to get a bad rap of being an alcoholic but most of the great cockers have or had a habit of drinking and gambling which in my opinion is part of the process involved with the raising and competing of our gamefowl. I for example enjoy once in a while drink after feeding my birds or at the pit while watching them perform. many greats like harry parr, junior belt, hack lauderdale, james sylvester, jonny moore, curtis blackwell fall in the category but how wonderful people they are
    Last edited by cocker1; March 30th, 2009 at 10:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the help for these reasons i will purchase the trio from this nice cocker i have done a little bit of research and have found out he is a very good handler and he also worked for the great jimmy east. I also met him two years ago at the visalia convention where they auction some of his fowl. For the negative comments and bad reputation i have read here in sabong he tends to get a bad rap of being an alcoholic but most of the great cockers have or had a habit of drinking and gambling which in my opinion is part of the process involved with the raising and competing of our gamefowl. I for example enjoy once in a while drink after feeding my birds or at the pit while watching them perform. many greats like harry parr, junior belt, hack lauderdale, james sylvester, jonny moore, curtis blackwell fall in the category
    If you can get these Hatches and Leipers of James then you will be very tough my friend. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the help for these reasons i will purchase the trio from this nice cocker i have done a little bit of research and have found out he is a very good handler and he also worked for the great jimmy east. I also met him two years ago at the visalia convention where they auction some of his fowl. For the negative comments and bad reputation i have read here in sabong he tends to get a bad rap of being an alcoholic but most of the great cockers have or had a habit of drinking and gambling which in my opinion is part of the process involved with the raising and competing of our gamefowl. I for example enjoy once in a while drink after feeding my birds or at the pit while watching them perform. many greats like harry parr, junior belt, hack lauderdale, james sylvester, jonny moore, curtis blackwell fall in the category but how wonderful people they are

good luck with your purchase and while you are there please do me a favor and tell him to
    ship my cross stag that i won in the alabama gamefowl breeders assoc. fundraising back in 2006 which was entirely paid and has gone thru his kidneys already...i just hope it was a jim beam or a cheap cognac. this will make you impotent or develop urinary incontenence if taken vigorously...

Post Thanks / Like

Not speaking for him because i dont live with the guy. But yes, he does tend to drink a

little. Nothing wrong with zippin a few 12pks. The guy is good at what he does and right

now he has figured out that one nick that everyone looks for in their breeding adventures.

His birds speak for themselves. And yes, they are expensive but when you have people

willing to pay for them, then you just keep sending them what they want.. Good Luck...

Post Thanks / Like

I know James & his Dad they show some good fowl, and yes they are j. east Hatch and probadly some new blood has been added to them. they were not the fowl this year as in the past, don`t take me wrong still game and fast & busy.I have watched them for the last three years. Still solid foul,good luck James & Senior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    I know James & his Dad they show some good fowl, and yes they are j. east Hatch and probadly some new blood has been added to them. they were not the fowl this year as in the past, don`t take me wrong still game and fast & busy.I have watched them for the last three years. Still solid foul,good luck James & Senior
    James Sylvester Hatch,
    Ive seen them.... One time i was in alabama I think hangin out at Jerry's place in slick lizard rd. He brought like 20 stags for us to choose.... Nothing special... I wouldnt pay 500 for them. What more 2,500. LOL... Me and my friends basically Laughed our asses of when he said the price. Wahahaha. I thought he would say hey guys choose these hatches for $100! They looked like $100 birds to me. No offense to anyone. But I say it as it is.....Maybe he brought some junks... I dont know, but from what he brought they werent all that....
    Ask Khazimline and Bebot Monsanoto, they were the ones laughing with me...

Best,
    Victor
    Last edited by victor; August 6th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i saw james at a little poultry show derby a month ago it was 25 entrys he showed some greys that was some of the best looking birds i every saw.so what if the man drinks a little hell he seamed like a nice guy to me he is very easy going man i dont no the prices of his birds but does sound a little high,i am here to tell you guys big monry birds are not every thing ,go to some of your small time breaders and cheak thim out .i have a few birds that i gave 50.00 for that hell are 5 and 6 time winners that have wipped some of the big money birds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKCROW View Post
    i saw james at a little poultry show derby a month ago it was 25 entrys he showed some greys that was some of the best looking birds i every saw.so what if the man drinks a little hell he seamed like a nice guy to me he is very easy going man i dont no the prices of his birds but does sound a little high,i am here to tell you guys big monry birds are not every thing ,go to some of your small time breaders and cheak thim out .i have a few birds that i gave 50.00 for that hell are 5 and 6 time winners that have wipped some of the big money birds
    and i do have the leipers from jimmy east and if that is what he has there are some of the best i have every seen,hell if you want 2 buy them call jr, or miss iva east they still have them but they sell for leagle purpus only

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post

mr. james sylvester has apologized from our past dispute and we became friends...he gifted me a beautiful set of trio...he said "the best in his yard"

Post Thanks / Like

mr. james sylvester has apologized from our past dispute and we became friends...he gifted me a beautiful set of trio...he said "the best in his yard"
    kog i think i read on here that some one said that you had the chain saw kelso if you do are the good and do they come yellow and pearl legged thanks

Post Thanks / Like

kog i have no dog in this fight but i am like you a few drinks wont turn you into a crook.most heavy drinkers i know will give you the shirt off their back.no matter how good you are at somthing if you crook one person you will do it to another.

Post Thanks / Like

he realy seemed like a good man to me i no i watched him handle his birds and he is a dam good handler. you no that if you treat a person good it will come back to you .and if you treat them bad that will come back around to you to but there are some people that just havent figuard that out .you heard the old saying the older you get the wiser you get.just saying it took me a wile to do the same thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKCROW View Post
    kog i think i read on here that some one said that you had the chain saw kelso if you do are the good and do they come yellow and pearl legged thanks

i got mine from bobby jones...it had a little bit of his black mcrae and came with dirty legs...
    they are excellent all around lk birds...

Post Thanks / Like

i got mine from bobby jones...it had a little bit of his black mcrae and came with dirty legs...
    they are excellent all around lk birds...
    the guy i got mine from his name is ruffuss osborne he yoused to feed for hubert ward of showtime but they were not huberts blood he said they came from a man in texas he said he has showed a ton of them and said some of the best he seen.thanks for the info.bro.

Post Thanks / Like

James and his dad are two of the best cockers I know, they have some of the best hatch`s money can buy I know a lot of you say the price is to much. I have watched them show em for the last 4 years, break to the lights and shake to the ground. They will catch you on your line many times and there you will stay, so guys remember you get what you pay for so keep that in your mind when you buy those 50 dollar cocks!:::::: john b

Post Thanks / Like

seen him fight a few weeks ago but it didnt seem like he was confident in his roosters

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys have any video?

Post Thanks / Like

Does he have better hatch than Larry Romero?

Post Thanks / Like

i think JS hatch will clean out Romero's hatch blood no contest

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, and I thought that Larry had some really good hatch blood. I,ve seen a lot of good coments of his hatch line. It would be interesting To know the composition of the JS Hatch line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjaguar12 View Post
    Wow, and I thought that Larry had some really good hatch blood. I,ve seen a lot of good coments of his hatch line. It would be interesting To know the composition of the JS Hatch line.
    They are Jimmy East Leipers and Mcleans. Or a combination of both. Can't tell the difference by looking at them.

Post Thanks / Like

ive always been told..an even by him that they are a 4way cross of hatch..didnt ask what they were ..i myself never really liked them...but to each his own..thats what make this sport go around...if you dont think you have the best in the barn...you better stay home...
    Last edited by centerhill; August 27th, 2011 at 02:04 AM.