Thread: what are pure kelso fighting style

Post Thanks / Like

what are pure kelso fighting style

hey i want to know what is the fighting style of the kelso and what can i breed to get a sweater thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what are pure kelso fighting style

chevy...you can breed your kelso and call them sweater...i kid you not...my pure kelso
    fights like bakla...nangungurot (billhold palagi) i culled them...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevy1991k2500
    hey i want to know what is the fighting style of the kelso and what can i breed to get a sweater thanks
    chevy,
    if you're looking for a kelso to start with, get a george foster or james campbell kelsos.
    hope this helps,
    nilo

Post Thanks / Like

it depends where u gonna get the kelso...every breeders has their own preference.

beecoolman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    chevy...you can breed your kelso and call them sweater...i kid you not...my pure kelso
    hahahahaha kogs u da man!! but eh watch out when u in hawaii get big baklas big samoan 300 pounds and 6 feet and taller and guess what they all can fight!!LOL

Post Thanks / Like

kelso's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DaOb...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKYqTVjXHEs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psdpk...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vspdR...eature=related

gerka

Hits everytime you post sir kogs,...i saw your pic at JJ's place with sir ediboy, there's thuth to what you said coz JJ's kelsos sure looks like sweaters...are these the one's you culled?..they sure cost a fortune from what i've heard...

Post Thanks / Like

We fought our Kelso pure (nothing fancy but gets the job done with little scratch to them).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEwDN...e=channel_page

And below is the Kelso x Hatch cross (the EAA Cowboys), my version of the Sweater.

Next breeding, I can go 3/4 on each side and see which blend will I fight and which blend will I use for crossing to another breed. On the Kelso, I will breed back to the hen side and chances the Kelso style will be more than the Hatch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EAA Indians; April 4th, 2009 at 01:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay daguio
    hahahahaha kogs u da man!! but eh watch out when u in hawaii get big baklas big samoan 300 pounds and 6 feet and taller and guess what they all can fight!!LOL

hahaha my son was in maui in february got drunk and kissed a friendly girl in the bar...she turn out to be a boy...my son is still depressed until now...

Post Thanks / Like

Walter Kelso had several yards of chicken. after his death, they all became Kelsos. that why you see dark red, starightcomb, white legs; and light red, peacomb, yellow legs; and everything in between... so there's no standard of look, or fighting style.

Post Thanks / Like

Well and well Sweater mcguiness breed kelso from(walter kelso) and breed it to YLH (h.brown) that came from hatch fowl that was gl. Then sweater breed it back to his kelso that was a ylp.Now the offspring is 3/4 kelsoX1/4 ylh(h.brown line) then you can called now your own chevy chase sweater...hehehe.. and you can find the original old kelso's from the breeder who called this a CEMETERY KELSO.. He change the name but thesame components and that i dont know why????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newtogame2
    Walter Kelso had several yards of chicken. after his death, they all became Kelsos. that why you see dark red, starightcomb, white legs; and light red, peacomb, yellow legs; and everything in between... so there's no standard of look, or fighting style.

I was told by the oldtimers who knew cockers who worked for Walter Kelso- said that there were up to 18 breeding pens-yards of Walter Kelso Families.

Now, I have only one Walter Kelso family that has been kept pure by Joe and Leon Canaday since the 1960's- and also fought them pure. I was told by Leon that Mike Stryker bought from him several Kelso cocks a year to sell. So guys if you acquired your Kelso from Mike Stryker, we have the same Walter Kelso pen-yard.

good luck-ed
    Last edited by EAA Indians; April 4th, 2009 at 03:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    I was told by the oldtimers who knew cockers who worked for Walter Kelso- said that there were up to 18 breeding pens-yards of Walter Kelso Families.
    when you are a millionaire oilman, you can have that many chickens... legend has it that Kelso offered Boles $30,000 for one of his asil broodcock. Boles refused, of course... So the next time they met, he gave Boles a blank check and told Boles to fill in his own price. Boles refused again... and this time Kelso got so upset he took a long vacation to chilled himself out in the Caribbean...
    Last edited by newtogame2; April 4th, 2009 at 03:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

when you are a millionaire oilman, you can have that many chickens... legend has it that Kelso offered Boles $30,000 for one of his asil broodcock. Boles refused, of course... So the next time they met, he gave Boles a blank check and told Boles to fill in his own price. Boles refused again... and this time Kelso got so upset he took a long vacation to chilled himself out in the Caribbean...
    Newt, before this severe economic crisis, when someone had put in $10,000 in 1974 into an investment with Kemper Insurance Funds, I believe the year 2000 value was over $1 million.

From what you are saying, the $30,000 offer for Boles Asil would have been worth in the neighborhood of more than P10 million dollars. Or, most like it was it $3,000. In any case, is still worth a few hundred thousands dollars.

Not bad to retire on and just travel to Mexico, Philippines and Puerto Rico and attend all those derbies.

Cockingfighting Heaven.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTGREY
    Well and well Sweater mcguiness breed kelso from(walter kelso) and breed it to YLH (h.brown) that came from hatch fowl that was gl. Then sweater breed it back to his kelso that was a ylp.Now the offspring is 3/4 kelsoX1/4 ylh(h.brown line) then you can called now your own chevy chase sweater...hehehe.. and you can find the original old kelso's from the breeder who called this a CEMETERY KELSO.. He change the name but thesame components and that i dont know why????

same with rat GRAVES kelso and the TOMBSTONE brownred all you need now is a DEADEND hatch...

Post Thanks / Like

same with rat GRAVES kelso and the TOMBSTONE brownred all you need now is a DEADEND hatch...

hahaha... hey wait i heared that they have all the CEMETERY BLOOD IN THEM. kogs i know a breeder that have them all. nice one sir.YOU HAVE 120% GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR.but i stick to cash line of dink i think..

Post Thanks / Like

and loius derouend(sp) heard about this tryst and escapades in the caribbean named his kelsos the cardinal sins but soon after change it to cardinal club....

Gastornis

and loius derouend(sp) heard about this tryst and escapades in the caribbean named his kelsos the cardinal sins but soon after change it to cardinal club....
    Imagine the consequences if they were indeed called Cardinal Sins and they were imported during our dear former Archbishop's time..