Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hawaii bloodlines

Post Thanks / Like

Question hawaii bloodlines

which bloodlines were the most dominating in hawaii? sumatani greys? yellow jackets that the late ricki reyes used? green jeans hatches that the big island boys used back in the day? feel free to add your own.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hawaii bloodlines

mel sim and william mcrae are all over the island if you don't have their blood you are not there yet...

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Mels and Mcreas you know the Hawaii guys love the Blacks.

I dont know about dominate but you always see blacks at the show . Kinda like P.I. like the sweaters Hawaii guys like the Blacks.

Sumatani Yellow leggs aint no slouches either .

Post Thanks / Like

Every old time cocker in Hawaii has had their time dominating. For awhile, the late Oliver Kupau with his blues won derbies left and right till he died. Raymond Rayno dominated with William McRaes for awhile then gave the blood to Mel Sims and began a new era. One tough cookie in his days. Then you got Jarneski, the Texiera brothers. Then Herman Lau with his Jumpers, Then Annette Lee with the Dan Grey blood till they sold out. The Maui boys, with their Dee Cox blood, Joe Taveres, Darren, then recently the late Donisio from Maui.

As far as which blood being the most popular and in demand is the Mel Sims fowl. It don't matter if it is the White legs, Hatch, or Blacks they are quite tough to draw in a derby today. Thanks to Raymond, everyone now has an equal footing in todays competition. There are still some old time McRaes today that are being bred that can handle the competition, but the blood is so valuable that they are used mostly for seed fowl. Kogs said it right, if you don't have some of Mels or McRae blood, you are not there yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: hawaii bloodlines

there might be a little truth to if tou dont have mels/mcreas you are not there yet. but just because you have a certain GOOD bloodline it doesnt mean you will win. just because you have 100 mel blacks doesnt mean you going fight all 100 at the big game. if you get 20 outright bombs out of the 100 that is what you fight. some of you that are reading this probably are saying to yourself you would fight maybe 50 or 75 out of 100. you could do that and end up 50/50. maybe you only raise 30-40, thaen take the best 5-10 f**k the rest. the money is to big to be guessing which chicken going show up today. the key is selection. health is also important but a healthy donkey is still a donkey.

6. Likes Boss4213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But the healthy donkey can win in a donkey pit. I test all my cocks either in donkey pits, Waianae, Guam or P.I. Yet there are some that are tested severly in my yard with identical brothers, cousins etc. Try using an extra short fork knife only about 3/4 of an inch and pit them. After ten minutes take off one wing, then after another ten minutes, take off a leg. The next ten minutes, take off another wing, then the last leg with the short knife. If he is still going at it, then you can call him "game", then take off his head. I have tried this with Mel's blood and they are game, with eyes closed, all they have to do is smell the other cock and they make the peck.

The best cock in the world is not worth crap in the wrong hands, but give a donkey to the right person and that donkey can do wonders. Ask Raymond Rayno next time you see him as when he was on top, only the donkeys could whip him. I too used to show some of them "donkeys". I may still do, and still take on the best in competition not for the money but for the sport.

True winning is no guarantee in any pit, but if you are raising 100 to show only 20, you are loosing money on feed and care. This is the reason why a man must care for only what he can handle or show in a season. Buying a thousand Mels then string walking them on Ronald D's farm and selecting the best to show on Oahu does not make Joe boy a winner all the time. But he sells off all the rest each season then starts all over again. Now with the air cargo not taking gamefowl, Joe will have to find his means and raise only what he can properly take care of and show each season. This may be what he needs to do to increase his W's. But let me say this, he ain't no easy target, he got good blood, and the smarts to take the pants off any opponent within time. You may beat him one or two, but try a 20 cock main. In the long run he'll get your money. One last thing, I have been raising and showing gamefowl for over 40 years, If I was in the sport for the money, I am in the wrong business. I raise and test my cocks for the sport, not for the money. If gambling was completely stopped in all the pits, I'd still fight my cocks for free. If you are in the sport only for the money, stop and think about it, no one ever got rich in Hawaii to my knowledge by fighting roosters, let alone strictly raising and selling them.

8. Likes Boss4213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is better a mels white feet or blacks?Coz i heard that a man from hawaii who do the preparations of showing the roasters of mels before is from hawaii and he prepaired to use th white feet one.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt matter what you get from Mel. They are all good the Brown reds are the only ones I think that are alittle on the smart side . The rest are all balls to the wall go liek hell SK machines.

But in the right hands are unstoppable in the LK. You gotta know how to get em ready for the LK. Ive seen it done before and they fight like total different chickens if you know what your doing.

Good post Mud.

Aloha

Post Thanks / Like

right you are mr. torres .. mel sims' birds, no matter the bloodline, are well bred birds that would tear you to pieces given the opportunity .. that is why i believe he is doing pretty good with them in mexico .. as for the knife, it takes a little something extra to get them birds showin right for our weapon.

Post Thanks / Like

Mels birds are definately good!! I would say right now in Hawaii reds yellow and white legs are definately making a move you see more of them winning then any other blood consistantly. Mostly kelso blood and its crosses. Although blacks will always have its place in Hawaii.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone in Hawaii has good bloodlines but it's how you take care of your birds during the molting season and how much quality time you spend with them. I raise a lot of caret-roundheads my self and we do really well all over. If you ask me it's not the chickens it's the man behind the roosters. True you cannot make a donkey a champion but a champion can look like a donkey if he is not given the right care. Blood lines are important but the care you give them is just as important.

14. Likes Boss4213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

amen .. mr. butch

if i correctly guess who you are, i believe i was lucky enough to visit your place once before while i was out in the islands .. not too big of a place but filled with birds that are well cared for .. keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

what's up uncle butch...pm me when you're gonna put on a show. Haven't seen you in action since u took us out of the $ last season.

Post Thanks / Like

you guys forgot about Vern Lowry and how he made the Pumpkins and Bates Greys famous in Hawaii. Dominated the derbies for years before he slowed down

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: hawaii bloodlines

Andy Miyamoto in the 70's was one of the guys that were hard to beat thats before Mel Sims had Blacks, Andy fought Mel's Sims Reds Yellow & White Legged and those Bole's Jap from the late Karl Victory.......Big G

Post Thanks / Like

there was a group that showed what i was told puckett gamebirds and i thought they were always tough .. don't know who they were, just the birds they showed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: hawaii bloodlines

Puckett's were Ricky Suzuki

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: hawaii bloodlines

anyone want to tell mr. butch he is not there yet? you dont see him fighting mel blacks.

Post Thanks / Like

If thats the Butch I think it is he does have Mcraes.

Post Thanks / Like

but does anyone see him fighting them? not trying to start a war of words but i think his bread and butter is his dan grays.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you saying bra I aint trying to start anything either god nows I had enough of that .

LOL..............

RBG992

are they fighting in LK in Hawaii? i heard melsim is dominating in hawaii and mexico too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do have some of the old Mcrae Blood and it is very good but like I said I like my red roosters it's just my preference. It's not that I don't like the Mel Sims blood cause I have some of Mel's birds in my yard but I prefer the claret-roundheads. We have fought all over the U.S when it was legal and I was one of the few people from Hawaii that raised and fought my own roosters. A lot of people fought other guys birds. And this is how I have come to this conclusion that I prefer red roosters specifically claret-roundheads.

Post Thanks / Like

im wondering if this butch is the same one im thinking of... butch C??

hAYN JJ

RT you got any blacks up for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure its the Butch you are thinking of. He is one of the only Hawaii Guys like my self who show our own roosters in the U.S. Most of the other guys only finance other peoples entry.

I havent shown as many or at as many places as him but Ive shown my share.

Hawaiian JJ I will clear my PM box and you can PM me again. Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, rich. i had a feeling that's who it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butch hawaii
    Yes I do have some of the old Mcrae Blood and it is very good but like I said I like my red roosters it's just my preference. It's not that I don't like the Mel Sims blood cause I have some of Mel's birds in my yard but I prefer the claret-roundheads. We have fought all over the U.S when it was legal and I was one of the few people from Hawaii that raised and fought my own roosters. A lot of people fought other guys birds. And this is how I have come to this conclusion that I prefer red roosters specifically claret-roundheads.
    How's it Buctch Hawaii,

Did you ever try your claret-round heads in the big pits in PI? If so how did they do? Well just glad to meet a fellow member representing Hawaii and fighting in the big pits in the US. When was legal. Too bad now for the new cock fighters in the states like me. We will never experience what you have experience.

Aloha,

Eric Dean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflop
    But the healthy donkey can win in a donkey pit. I test all my cocks either in donkey pits, Waianae, Guam or P.I. Yet there are some that are tested severly in my yard with identical brothers, cousins etc. Try using an extra short fork knife only about 3/4 of an inch and pit them. After ten minutes take off one wing, then after another ten minutes, take off a leg. The next ten minutes, take off another wing, then the last leg with the short knife. If he is still going at it, then you can call him "game", then take off his head. I have tried this with Mel's blood and they are game, with eyes closed, all they have to do is smell the other cock and they make the peck.

The best cock in the world is not worth crap in the wrong hands, but give a donkey to the right person and that donkey can do wonders. Ask Raymond Rayno next time you see him as when he was on top, only the donkeys could whip him. I too used to show some of them "donkeys". I may still do, and still take on the best in competition not for the money but for the sport.

True winning is no guarantee in any pit, but if you are raising 100 to show only 20, you are loosing money on feed and care. This is the reason why a man must care for only what he can handle or show in a season. Buying a thousand Mels then string walking them on Ronald D's farm and selecting the best to show on Oahu does not make Joe boy a winner all the time. But he sells off all the rest each season then starts all over again. Now with the air cargo not taking gamefowl, Joe will have to find his means and raise only what he can properly take care of and show each season. This may be what he needs to do to increase his W's. But let me say this, he ain't no easy target, he got good blood, and the smarts to take the pants off any opponent within time. You may beat him one or two, but try a 20 cock main. In the long run he'll get your money. One last thing, I have been raising and showing gamefowl for over 40 years, If I was in the sport for the money, I am in the wrong business. I raise and test my cocks for the sport, not for the money. If gambling was completely stopped in all the pits, I'd still fight my cocks for free. If you are in the sport only for the money, stop and think about it, no one ever got rich in Hawaii to my knowledge by fighting roosters, let alone strictly raising and selling them.
    Awe inspiring Mud thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

How's it going Eric? Yes I have fought in the PI. I got my butt kick in the PI in January 2009 but we'll be back in May. I fought there before and did pretty good but it was not meant to be this last time. I have a place over there now where we have brood fowl and some cocks. Being that this is the last place besides Guam looks like we'll be headed that way soon.