Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Carr

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charlie Carr

My old line of HH Moore clarets came from and we're exceptional for 20 years. But a close friend of mine Spent a lot of time with Charlie and got us best he had. Just my experience. A friend from around here did order clarets from him and they were nothing like the ones we had and they got rid of theirs.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a pine albany cock from charlie had him since he was a stag he won four blue ribbons as a stag i figured that was proof enuff i have some real nice stags out of him and my bruner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    i have had his roundheads for years.i like them a lot. got some of his albany last year very beautiful and very powerful.
    My uncle was sent pure rh by mistake from Charlie Carr over 20 years ago....they have been the.best rh I have ever seen....do you happen to know.the history of them....and do u have any for sale....possibly pictures.....my email....is finoblitz@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

anyone ever order his books?thinking about getting the one on moisture control

Post Thanks / Like

I tried his mug and boy they were fast.....they would run and never come back.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some brownreds a friend got in the 80s or 90s he is good friends with Charlie they are jam up I really like them but they are probably totally different now no two people breed the same but I know he would not have kept them this long but I also don't know how Charlie's are now either never had any personal dealings with him

Post Thanks / Like

His books are some of the best out there in my opinion. The only one I haven't read is the one on Moisture Control.

Post Thanks / Like

i ordered claret eggs from charlie a few years back took two years to get them then they where junk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gallaso View Post
    lol thats a good one............

Post Thanks / Like

A good friend of mine got some Mclean blood from Charlie Carr in the 90's and he did well with them at Bayou Club in the gaff. who knows maybe he liked my friend more even though it was over the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

We order 6 McLean bull stags from him in middle 80's all of them are multiple winner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finoblitz1 View Post
    My uncle was sent pure rh by mistake from Charlie Carr over 20 years ago....they have been the.best rh I have ever seen....do you happen to know.the history of them....and do u have any for sale....possibly pictures.....my email....is finoblitz@gmail.com
    sorry i lost them to theives a few years ago.if i knew i could get them back i would order them today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gallaso View Post
    Did you show it in Santa Anita? Hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INCUBUS06 View Post
    Yup, thats Charlie..nice guy before after he gets your money a total jerk same expierence with his mclean... had to dispose of the cock & the claret & kelso hens. I wonder if they were yard fowl no markings what so ever Afterwards, I began to ask around and the few I asked said to stay away from him a guy at Texoma said he was sent a pure pea comb mug from him lol

I know this thread is old!! I am a new member and I just want to save some poor soul if I can!!! In 2010 I bought 12 albany chicks from Charlie Carr. He was extremely nice over the phone and he said since I was driving to him to pick up the fowl he would throw in some extra chicks. He called me while I was driving and said he would meet me somewhere with my chicks so I wouldn't have to drive all the way to his farm. I agreed and he met me with my chicks and a few of his muggs, brown reds, and clarets. He had pictures of his brood fowl and all kinds of other pictures of fowl. We talked for about 30 minutes to an hour and he seemed like a really down to earth guy. When I got home I put the chicks directly in my brooder they were the only chicks I had in there at the time. When I went to check on them the next morning most of them looked sickly I didn't really think nothing about it at the time. When I went back that evening to check on them all 12 albanys were dead. I called Charlie several times that evening and I started worrying I got the shaft. The next morning the rest were dead except for 1 brownred and he was dead the next morning! By this time I was UPSET!!!! I called Charlie several more times and still no answer. Thats when I knew he was a crook and a few weeks later I found out he had just been arrested for selling fowl he had been poisoning because he didn't want anyone but him to have his line of fowl! TRUE STORY!

Post Thanks / Like

Heres the story i heard about mr. carr told from a reliable source.I was told when it was leagal charlie fought some good cocks but when somebody else fought a good rooster charlie would try his best to buy them they said he bought more cocks at the pit than anyone that just goes to show you the lines of fowl he says he has are just whoevers he bought from.Its a shame we have people that are such crooks in this sport this is why threads like these are so useful to get the word out its just a shame not everyone sees them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Buzz... when was this ? That's some selfish !@#$!#% crook !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz0850 View Post
    I know this thread is old!! I am a new member and I just want to save some poor soul if I can!!! In 2010 I bought 12 albany chicks from Charlie Carr. He was extremely nice over the phone and he said since I was driving to him to pick up the fowl he would throw in some extra chicks. He called me while I was driving and said he would meet me somewhere with my chicks so I wouldn't have to drive all the way to his farm. I agreed and he met me with my chicks and a few of his muggs, brown reds, and clarets. He had pictures of his brood fowl and all kinds of other pictures of fowl. We talked for about 30 minutes to an hour and he seemed like a really down to earth guy. When I got home I put the chicks directly in my brooder they were the only chicks I had in there at the time. When I went to check on them the next morning most of them looked sickly I didn't really think nothing about it at the time. When I went back that evening to check on them all 12 albanys were dead. I called Charlie several times that evening and I started worrying I got the shaft. The next morning the rest were dead except for 1 brownred and he was dead the next morning! By this time I was UPSET!!!! I called Charlie several more times and still no answer. Thats when I knew he was a crook and a few weeks later I found out he had just been arrested for selling fowl he had been poisoning because he didn't want anyone but him to have his line of fowl! TRUE STORY!

Post Thanks / Like

Spring of 2010! I'm still mad about it!!!