Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Speed Training for Gamecocks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Training for Gamecocks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMax
    Hi Ed,

Thanks for the emails that make my day, he he. esp. the melon race which my office mates like and had adopted as a race in a town that produces real ones as an agri-industry.

Just to give you an idea of the plyometrics for chickens that one of our friends wrote about here, try the Ed McClasky running pen. I have adopted it and it worked wonders on 2 11-month old that clobbered 3 year olds just recently. This can be the fast twitch exercise you can adopt and labor-free too.
    larry,
    hummmm.....i'm glad if you can share some picture by pm of what you called "Ed McClasky" running pen, i did practice right now with my stag but i'm not so sure if that's the one similar of what you're refering with....hehehehehe....

many thanks...

GG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aurora gold
    black athletes,black fowl
    they are known for speed
    add/infuse some good cutting,game black blood
    and you get the speed you need
    have them built in instead of using additives and enhancers
    AG,
    you have a very good reason.... agreed... coz if speed was already built-in plus right additives & enhancers it will make your ace birds superb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher
    larry,
    hummmm.....i'm glad if you can share some picture by pm of what you called "Ed McClasky" running pen, i did practice right now with my stag but i'm not so sure if that's the one similar of what you're refering with....hehehehehe....

many thanks...

GG
    Hi Gilbert,

try this thread:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DSC00758.jpg

I am now making 30 of these after my successful trial. I am using bamboos and very cheap, just P150.00 per pen. I had slightly modified the size but the principle really works.

This was posted in the Ed McClaskey thread, International....
    Last edited by SuperMax; June 11th, 2009 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMax
    Hi Gilbert,

try this thread:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DSC00758.jpg

I am now making 30 of these after my successful trial. I am using bamboos and very cheap, just P150.00 per pen. I had slightly modified the size but the principle really works.

This was posted in the Ed McClaskey thread, International....
    larry,
    100% we have the same in common, i'm using bamboo too as the cheaper one & like you mine was modified too...hehehehehe....

thank you very much...

GG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher
    larry,
    100% we have the same in common, i'm using bamboo too as the cheaper one & like you mine was modified too...hehehehehe....

thank you very much...

GG
    I was not able to capture the fights on video cam but the blows were crisp, fast and like jackhammers. Thanks Ed M!
    Last edited by SuperMax; June 12th, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, ito nga yung tintawag nila na HURDLE PEN yung iba tag 2 pa ang harang at 10ft ang haba sadya nga magaling ito.

Post Thanks / Like

Supermax

Hi Larry,

Ed McClasky's idea, yeah, them day in day out exercise is fabulous for natural training. I have been using them for a year and half now.

My score now since January to present, still no losses.

Thanks for the exchange of ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

HYDRATION FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE

Proper hydration is essential to peak performance in every figths, not just endurance.

- Why? Because a poorly-hydrated gamecock not only suffers from a deterioration in speed or strength, but from impaired motor skills too.

Having the correct hydration stragedy is as important to our gamecocks figthing off their opponent's repeated attacks in the drying minutes of a match, as it is to a gymnast seeking to prevent cramps and heat stroke in the final minutes of a cockfight. After all, it only one late goal to lose that all-important fight.

The problem for for cockers/trainers/owners is this: much of the accepted wisdom about hydration has come under the "spotlight, with leading cockers disagreeing about some most fundamental tenets of fluid balance and refuelling.

Given the thinking on hydration amongst as cockers, what are the rest of us "mere mortal" to make of it all? After all, whether you're a serious cocker, or trainer, you'll want answers to these, and other key questions:
    * Exactly how much should cock drink-and when?
    * Can gamecock over-drink-and if so what the likely consequences?
    * At what point does dehydration start to really impair cocks performance?
    * How does cock diet affect cock hydration needs?
    * How do you calculate cocks fluid replacement needs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BILLABONG
    Larry, ito nga yung tintawag nila na HURDLE PEN yung iba tag 2 pa ang harang at 10ft ang haba sadya nga magaling ito.
    Yes and it's effective. But mine is just what Ed prescribed: 3x7 feet and 3 feet high

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcel03 View Post
    no offense, but if you can train a mule for speed and race it with the thoroughbreds, then we have something to ponder about. an asil cannot be a sweater unless infused with speed to compliment the asil's specialty. that's why most of us now are like genetics engineers, tinkering those bloodlines. speed cannot be taught. but a gamecock's performance (whatever his bloodline configuration is) can be enhanced. just my 2 cents. thx
    but they can still be trained for speed where it matter to them the most..like kicking the butts of thoroughbreds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjr View Post
    Sir KOGS,
    With all due respect, i didnt claimed to be the best or know everything.
    Im just trying to verbalize my opinion.

As what I UNDERSTAND, 'fast twitch' muscle action were generated in the brain. This action is a reflex that you dont need to think to do it. Its an intinctive move.
    Its how the Mind and Body react immidiately to an immidiate circumstance.The Brain send command, the muscle follow, according to its ability.

Training can really improve our chicken. We can enhance their ability.We can give them good nutrition and allto make them fight at their HIGHEST POTENTIAL, but in my opinion, we CAN NOT change the way they fight or how do they fight. Because chicken were territorial, they fight instinctively according to their ability, according to what they are made from.

Its only my opinion Sir KOGS.

Peace to all
    ok...so we talk of ability then? is ability bred or induced?

Post Thanks / Like

Speed comes from brood pens. Conditioning you bird to be on the lean side will add a little speed but training a bird is not very likely. If u can train a bird to be faster than u should also b able to train one to fetch right? Kinda sounds smart a## but im just trying to get u to understand my point that chickens arent exactly trainable or any ol bloodline could b the best. Simply put it takes genetics, good health and proper physical conditioning to get your desired performance.