Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shorty Bullock Greys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Origin of Shorty Bullock Greys?

Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot View Post
    Shortys Grey chickens were bred in various ways over the years, and not all of his grey blood came from H. Brown, some came from Oscar Akins, W.T Green and others, the brass back blood he infused into most of his Grey yards also came from Oscar, what most people dont know is that Shorty kept a family of very good Murphy chickens which were supossed to have came to him by way of J.D perry, (same as Bob howards) The Murphy blood was also infused into the Greys, and in my opinion it helped the Greys, so when someone says that they have Straight Shorty Greys? They could have been bred in any number of ways depending on the time period they were obtained..
    th murphies came from Frank Steel in fact , and he added a bit of the perry blood to them 2 times in his many years.. i have access to his breeding charts.

2. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

wanna see REAL TRUE TO LIFE FOR SURE BULLOCKS? look at the pics of greys on my site... shorty picked the last cock he ever bred from this yard , i and my mentor went to his house and retrieved it after his death... the hulsey greys are my line, i gave the bullocks back to my mentor over a squabble, and the fact that they arent good cutters

http://www.hotcockergamefowl.webs.com/

4. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin , whats the low down on them Hulsey Greys !? . . . Same greys E. Massa breeds right ?

Post Thanks / Like

i have the shorty and they look just like tabor 68 i got them from jason c, and he got them from shorty befor he passed i say they are the best i have ever seen.i crossed some with jimmy east hatch and they will break 6 foot in the air and beat a rooster all the way to the ground .they are the best hatch grey i have ever rasied not a feather for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shorty Bullock Greys!

My Shorty Bullocks Grey Jay Frost

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't learned how to post pics to threads yet. But I have shorty's. They're just good honest fowl. Some of em are terribly mean. Love them for their gameness. Good speed, and power. And they recover and counter really quick. I have a couple pics in the photo gallery.

Post Thanks / Like

i have an old magazine with a picture of shorty holding one of his greys if my daughter gets back in town tonight i will have her post it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I posted to one of these already but little I know Shorty fed for Harold Brown and got fowl from him This maybe Hearsay but them good Greys Harold had were bred different ways one that was told me was they were a Hatch Grey using the Sweater Grey Blood. Anyone knows a better story--LOL--post away.Know the part about Shorty feeding forHB rest based on what I heard over the years--Jim

11. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

..Shorty got his original greys from Oscar Akins,it was only a hen and chicks,the chicks came black grey,Shorty raised them and they were phenominal so he went back to Oscar to get a cock,he came to find out the chicks were 1/2 of Oscar's Black brass back Albany and 1/2 regular grey.
    ..The "real" Shorty grey hens will come with black necks....
    ..That his start with the "Shorty greys" then ofcourse who knows what else he bred into them over the yrs....

13. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a line of shorty greys come from a friend recently .He had them 15 yrs. and come from Spartanburg,a guy by the name of Gerald Wilson I think. I know another guy had them was Arnold Hall I think from that area.Sonny Mize used to fight some of them for him at one time . Seen these birds do very well at Del-Rio, and Sunset ,pure or crossed with his Doc R. Hatch or His Garrards.(my friend) I recently bought him out due to health reasons,I now have all these bloodlines from him.Looking forward to showing these in the future.Will Post some Pics Soon.

15. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

my avator is a 1/2 shorty and 1/2 jimmy e. mclean i have the real shorty from jason but they dont go no where and some of them are a little mean but they are the best green legged grey i have every seen

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, sharing here a picture i took years back. For those Filipinos who know Boy Diaz, we know him as the guy who has the Marion Rose Mcleans and Democrats. When i visited him a few years back, he had a pen whose offspring were not for sale, bloodline not even advertised.

Shorty Bullock Grey pen of Boy Diaz

Last edited by the_archangel; December 13th, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

18. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

very nice pics. to all of you i breed 90% shorty bullock greys and mine came from gerald wilson jr. and sr. they are my favorite , a little mean but have it all, i also have the doc robinson hatch from them they go together like bread and butter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peahead View Post
    very nice pics. to all of you i breed 90% shorty bullock greys and mine came from gerald wilson jr. and sr. they are my favorite , a little mean but have it all, i also have the doc robinson hatch from them they go together like bread and butter
    good to know somebody else whose birds came from the Wilsons,love these greys, came from Gerrald in about 1996. No new blood added.My friend bought 3 trios when he got them.The Doc Hatch I have came from another breeder but cross great with these.

21. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This I hope will be the newest generation Shorty Bullock Grey BC eventually. This is the first speckled chest grey from these in 15 years according to the breeder.Vic Vance of East Tennessee. He picked this stag as something special,and I have a speckled full brother to him.I recently bought out this bloodline from Vic totally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

23. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGG JOE View Post
    This I hope will be the newest generation Shorty Bullock Grey BC eventually. This is the first speckled chest grey from these in 15 years according to the breeder.Vic Vance of East Tennessee. He picked this stag as something special,and I have a speckled full brother to him.I recently bought out this bloodline from Vic totally.
    He's got the legs, nice coloring

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I haven't learned how to post pics to threads yet. But I have shorty's. They're just good honest fowl. Some of em are terribly mean. Love them for their gameness. Good speed, and power. And they recover and counter really quick. I have a couple pics in the photo gallery.
    Here's a couple pics of mine.

Stag from 3 years ago.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Stag from this year.(about the same age at time of the pic)
    [IMG][/IMG]

And my 1st shorty.
    [IMG][/IMG]

26. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Birds Chief, everybody talks about their shorties being mean, mine are not,

28. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKCROW View Post
    Does anybody have any information on the history of these birds and if you have them can you post pics please! thanks
    Shorty Bullock Grey

Our Shorty Bullock Greys are the real deal, hard hitters with power to spare, and game to the core. They can break head high. They come 95% Straight Comb, and 5% Pea Comb, and always green legged. Cocks come silver back and medium brass back. Hens come light and dark. Our Shorty Bullock Greys are the same as they were when we obtained them.

Shorty Bullock bought a regular grey hen from Oscar Akins, she came from a brood pen, so Shorty let her lay out and he hatched them. They came black/greys. The stags proved very good in Shorty's opinion, so he asked Oscar how they were bred. Oscar told him she had been in with his Black Brass back Butcher cock. I have seen him loose 9 straight fights in the Long Knife, He was betting $40 each. In his 10th he came out and laid $1800 to $1000, and won. Later down the road he added some of Harold Browns Grey blood which made most of them come straight comb, and a few pea combed

30. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Shorty Bullock Greys!

Quote Originally Posted by nickmays View Post
    Shorty Bullock Grey

Our Shorty Bullock Greys are the real deal, hard hitters with power to spare, and game to the core. They can break head high. They come 95% Straight Comb, and 5% Pea Comb, and always green legged. Cocks come silver back and medium brass back. Hens come light and dark. Our Shorty Bullock Greys are the same as they were when we obtained them.

Shorty Bullock bought a regular grey hen from Oscar Akins, she came from a brood pen, so Shorty let her lay out and he hatched them. They came black/greys. The stags proved very good in Shorty's opinion, so he asked Oscar how they were bred. Oscar told him she had been in with his Black Brass back Butcher cock. I have seen him loose 9 straight fights in the Long Knife, He was betting $40 each. In his 10th he came out and laid $1800 to $1000, and won. Later down the road he added some of Harold Browns Grey blood which made most of them come straight comb, and a few pea combed
    you are on the right track that is what i have been told about the shorty to.and the hardist hiting grey i have ever seen and they cross very well 3/4 shorty and 1/4 hatch and theydo good pure to hope you have good luck with yours and hope every body that has them keeps breeding them this is one blood line we dont need to go down

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGG JOE View Post
    Nice Birds Chief, everybody talks about their shorties being mean, mine are not,
    Thanks BIGG JOE. I really like them. Theyre not all mean, just 1 in 15 or 20. But the ones that are mean, are like the devil himself!

33. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Shorty Bullock Greys!

MEAN not the word this brood cock i ve got would eat the devil himself if he came around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hillside claret View Post
    MEAN not the word this brood cock i ve got would eat the devil himself if he came around.
    HEHEHE I've had a couple that were real nasty like that. They don't make it very long around here when they get like that. No matter how "able" they are.

At the same time some of em are real nice to handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Shorty Bullock Greys!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Thanks BIGG JOE. I really like them. Theyre not all mean, just 1 in 15 or 20. But the ones that are mean, are like the devil himself!
    At least the ones I bought are not. we will see what the future will hold.Thanks for the warning!BIGG JOE

Post Thanks / Like

lol shorty used to tell me, it aint bad if they get a lil spirited from time to time, but if they dont settle up and act like they got some sense fore too long they find them selves on the wrong end of the dinner table

38. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

shorty bullock grays

just got my hands on this bloodline..does any one have pic's of them as biddies 7 to 8 weeks mine are not for sale and will never be but would be more then happy to point you he's way

Post Thanks / Like

Re: shorty bullock grays

my avatar is a shorty bullock over a glenn justice albany ... i know its not the pictures you wanted but maybe give you a idea of the cross?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Shuffle View Post
    my avatar is a shorty bullock over a glenn justice albany ... i know its not the pictures you wanted but maybe give you a idea of the cross?
    he is nice mine are about 8 weeks at 6 weeks i found out the hard way thy are str8 game lost 2 of them to the bigger brother.i plane to but mine over a green leg hatch mclean and keep the other two families pure

Post Thanks / Like

My mentor fought tuff with them pure back in the 80's too tuff i guess because a man from ala made him a offer he couldnt refuse bought every feather biddies and all even got the eggs out of the nest boxes

43. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big cocks View Post
    he is nice mine are about 8 weeks at 6 weeks i found out the hard way thy are str8 game lost 2 of them to the bigger brother.i plane to but mine over a green leg hatch mclean and keep the other two families pure
    Mine don't do so hot in the american show pure.. I have won a few derbies with them BUT they don't have the bottom needed.. now the other bird better be very lucky to make it a long time though.. cause they have so much speed and cut its unbelievable... when there own the RIGHT way... I will normally get in the money at the show if its knife

45. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post