Thread: Black x White = what is the color of the offspring

flipsidas

Black x White = what is the color of the offspring

so i heard when you cross black to white it will produce BLUE....
    is this true or not for those who did this cross already can you guys post some pictures or tell what the offsprings colors
    Last edited by flipsidas; May 4th, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

mikesmith

Re: Black x White = what is the color of the offspring

im from the states and ive heard the same thing but so far i have never tried it ive heard of people doing it and only about 10 % come blue but i dont know how he bred , i do know that it was white clarets over sid taylors

Post Thanks / Like

Blck/White vs. Albany

I havent seen any blue yet, if it is not black then its white........ if their is infusion of Gold then i guess Blue could be achieve it that mating.

Post Thanks / Like

ive got a white clerat hen im going to cross her to my black mcrea next year will se what comes out

sili

Quote Originally Posted by flipsidas
    so i heard when you cross black to white it will produce BLUE....
    is this true or not for those who did this cross already can you guys post some pictures or tell what the offsprings colors
    it depends sir upon their ancestors. Like in genetics, the more dominant blood will most likely become the off spring.

Post Thanks / Like

bred coal sacks to white dom hen got 2 spangles and all solid black stags and pullets covered with white specks 1st year. second year bred again 3/4 sid 1/4 dom had one stag red faced light blue legged white fingernails eyes red as dom hen and solid white in color pullets came jet black later on moulted with some white feathers not as much as the first breeding 3rd breeding bred spangle 3/4 sid 1/4 dom stag to 1/2 sid 1/2 dom pullets result dark ash colored black blue stags with solidgreasy black hackles with trace of brass straw in neck hackles and on saddles resembling a racey mug and 1 solid ash colored blue pullet with dark face and eyes mocassin foot the blood used for original blend dr randel herring a.l in left stag green legged orie hunt straight comb coal sack sid solid black in color the hen mingus dom raymond clinton farris deaceased new mexico the cross was fair i would say they were beautifull roosters never continued the breeding as i prefered hatch sids and mcrae sids better there is a an issue in game cock or grit and steel with an indept study of this cross from can do entry maybe you can call him and ask which issue it was that he wrote concerning this subject i do remeber in order to get the cross colors i have metioned both the black side must be bred for pure black and the white side also bred to be pure white to get the blue color also i recall that the deeper you go on with this breeding you will end up with piles and more spangles and hardly anydark blues it just goes to show blue fammlies can not bet considered a pure fammliey because of this type crossing

Post Thanks / Like

Dehner Racey did it

The original cross made by Dehner Racey in 1939 was a white mugwump from a breeder named Wilson over black mug hens from a breed named Earl Bigger. This original mating produced dark blue pullets & several spangle stags, but no whites. Racey then bred one of the spangle stags over the black mug hens & got 50% dark blues with lemon hackles,dark eyes & legs but still no pure whites. After setting them as a family they came in Blues,blacks,spangle & brownreds.

Here's a linebred Racey Mug throwback, came like this after the third time of linebreeding back a brownred ace cock's pullet back to the cock. Very smart fowl, wouldn't break if the other cock is already one step ahead of him. Very calculating and hard hitting. His tails are all messed up 'coz they get sitted-on when he unleashes those five-second no billhold shuffles. I wish I have a video camera.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC_1752.jpg

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC_1756.jpg

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC_1755.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith
    im from the states and ive heard the same thing but so far i have never tried it ive heard of people doing it and only about 10 % come blue but i dont know how he bred , i do know that it was white clarets over sid taylors
    I've bred mine. White Kelso over a Sid Taylor hen.
    This cock...

Over a hen like this( her sister)

She came out..

Now these 3 hens are her offsprings..

And this stag is one of 5 of their brothers all white.. no blue.
    Last edited by Bty Hunter; June 7th, 2009 at 10:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i will try to cross my white kelso with my black and see if i get blue