Thread: Blackwater and Dink Fair 5K Sweater

Post Thanks / Like

Blackwater and Dink Fair 5K Sweater

To all cocking afficionados...I would like to solicit some infos on the characteristics of these two famous lines of Sweaters their maturity and fighting styles....pls.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackwater and Dink Fair 5K Sweater

Come on guys I have post the same question before if you have any of these families please give us some info. what are their best traits? also what do they cross good with? kelso, rounhead, albany???? you let us know thanks in advance to anyone who reply's.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm, the blackwaters are more of rushing fowls.. while the dink fair $5k sweater are those who weaves and then hits.. 5k line usually wins with style.. the blackwater though has a scary tendency to hit or get hit first.. im more of a dink 5k person.. but when you spar the blackwaters.. they're more sensational coz you see lots of feet and speed here and there..

body type.. i think the 5k is better.. 5ks are more picture cocks than the blackwater lines.. 5ks are more compact and rounded while the blackwaters are a bit longer.. if you're more of the ratatat type of cocker.. id suggest blackwaters.. if you're more of the handsome and calculating chickens type.. id suggest the 5ks..

blackwaters cross well with roundheads and lemons to balance their agressiveness.. while the 5ks could cross well with hatches and YLH's to give more oomph to their style.

just my short take on the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not own sweaters,and I have seen video of both type,all I can say is I seen some Blackwater sweaters that were barn burners,and they cut another cock before he know he is cut..I myself would like to find a breeder in the US that has Blackwater Sweater.I would love to see some mug crossed with them,they would be fast moving fowl,I would also liket to see some Alabeny crossed on them.I think Albany fowl are some of the most looked over breed of gamecocks
    Last edited by MugMan; May 15th, 2009 at 11:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

For LOOKS and STATION i would go for Dink line......i would get a BW sweater to cross with a good line of kelso for my personal use....just my opinion....

Post Thanks / Like

I seen that the blackwater is int he states....I wonder what a Dink fair sweater crossed onto a Blcakwater farm would be like..I like a high station fowl kelso will add cut to anythig you put with it

Post Thanks / Like

MugMan : i need an albany as well. ive forever loved an albany but was never presented with the opportunity to buy one. owell.

Post Thanks / Like

Dink Fair has good Albany..Estel Baker has some outstanding Black Brassback Albany.
    I still think Albany over an over looked breed

RBG992

they have both good fowls but i am more comfortable ordering with DF though his price is a little bit higher than BW. with DF you get what you paid.

Negros Occ. Phils / Binmaley Pangasinan Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MugMan
    I seen that the blackwater is int he states....I wonder what a Dink fair sweater crossed onto a Blcakwater farm would be like..I like a high station fowl kelso will add cut to anythig you put with it
    just wanna share.. i have good result with blackwater possum sweaters...
    here are my cross...

pure Blackwater Possum Sweater and BW Possum Sweater x Dink Kelso used in NGBA 07
    gave me very good result. 7-1 runner up

BW possum X Jumper kelso cross and BW possum x Dink Kelso used in NGBA '09 bullstag
    5-1 runner up...

Post Thanks / Like

MugMan : are DF's albany's same priced as his sweater lines? yeah i know, i need a good dink fair albany.. or a good bigfoot albany.

Post Thanks / Like

i try to breed my sweater broodstag nene abello line to my mclean hatch and boston RH hen,my friend gave me a sweater bc boy ledesma line 2xderby winner and breed to my mclean hatch,boston rh,kelso all the stag are great according to my kumpare hope to see them when i take my vacation next month.

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by the_archangel
    MugMan : i need an albany as well. ive forever loved an albany but was never presented with the opportunity to buy one. owell.
    If you want good Albanies I would say go with Charlie Johnsons.Best Albanies I have seen compete.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how the 5k sweater came to be?

Post Thanks / Like

Good day to all,

I bred a 5K Dink Fair Sweater pure ones from Firebird Gamefarm.. Some of my chicks came Yellow leg Dirty Feet.. Does Dink Fair infused some blood that has Dirty Feet on it?

What are the lines that composed the 5K Dink Fair Sweaters? maybe it has lines that have Dirty Feet.

Can someone help me..

Thanks in Advance

DTS
    Last edited by DTS; May 26th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.