Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Baumgardner Blueface Hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bill Baumgardner Blueface Hatch

Back in the 70's and 80's Bill and my uncle Jack Stamey were partners. They fought under Bill and Jack, I saw lots of the blue face, McLean and the ones you guy's are omitting the Bates that were also in the mix of the hatch fowl. They mainly fought butcher and hatch fowl crossed in different degrees. The best was half hatch and half butcher bred back to the bates hatch side. If you can find it, there is a cover picture on the gamecock magazine in the year 1980' -I do not know the month of one of these cocks I am talking about. They were tremendous cocks in all heels, spur and short knife. Very game, I know, as I have handled these cocks before in the pit. The cocks in the pictures above are a little different than the BLUEFACE of bills I have. Yes there is a similarity but the blue faces did not come spangled-speckled, they were DARK-DARK, with some lighter manes than others. The specks, as they were called were from the mcleans-bates. I do not know how Bill bread them in the last few years but I do know a little about the years I am speaking about. I have a a large 10-12 picture of my uncle Bobby Gibson who was Jacks wife's brother holding a beautiful pure blue face cock that Bill had gifted him before his untimely death in an automobile accident. Jack had given me 2 straight speck hens and I bred them to a straight double nose bates cock from bill that produced many good cocks. The bates blood had very small heads. Hope this sheds some light on your inquiry. I did talk to Bill 3weeks prior to his passing, he was a honest man in rooster dealings.......

Dubai/Zamboanga Peninsula & Pagadian City-www.eaglecross2006.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme J
    thank you for your info, really appreciate it... looking forward to some of our fellow cockers to give more inputs to help our good friend here... ... by the way, i'm just a very very small time breeder who doesn't have more than 5 hen/rooster but really enjoying the sabong.... visiting this site complete my day... keep posting guys...tnx and have a great day

My Friend have Bob Benneth Blue Face But I don't breed since I don't like dark leg fowls.

All I have seen here is very nice, it seems all macho cock.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

redbreeder : thanks for that input brother! maybe you can scan or take a picture of that picture you're talkin about so we could see what the original baumgardner bluefaces looked like maybe some pics of your fowl as well. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I met redbreeder in W. Va. at a recent poultry show. He had some fine looking birds with him.The hatch looked like I remember Bill's. fis

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear from you playboy, it was nice to meet and talk to you in WV. The Internet allows us to connect with people we would have never known otherwise. All the best to you and your fowl, hope to see you again....

Post Thanks / Like

nice post sir Engkanto...am trying to send u message sir, your pm box is full...tnx

Post Thanks / Like

This one is full brother to the other 3 lemon hackled Blueface. A throwback?
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSCN2188.jpg[/QUOTE]

engkanto, it looks like for me a col givens hatch. kindly check this http://www.maximustroypublications.c...ianoFarms.html

Post Thanks / Like

redbreeder : the pics are much appreciated man, my internet is slow, so im having a hard time loading them, but im betting that tomorrow it'd be better. but this early on, id like to say thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Redbreeder, these are really nice birds. I like the solid body and the station of your BB Blueface, well-balanced birds. Your place also is very clean and well-maintained. Are those Greys straight Grey blood or crossed with your Blueface? They are nice also.

Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Engkanto

Post Thanks / Like

The grey are hLf of the blue face blood. Thanks for the comments...

Post Thanks / Like

engkanto ..

if you don't mind my asking, whose birds are those in your pics? i recall you mentioning they weren't yours and that is why i ask. if they are yours, then i apologize for my mistake.

just my two cents ..

Post Thanks / Like

nice cocks specially the red cocks good build and will balance body and height

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OnPoint
    engkanto ..

if you don't mind my asking, whose birds are those in your pics? i recall you mentioning they weren't yours and that is why i ask. if they are yours, then i apologize for my mistake.

just my two cents ..
    On-point, those are Gene Frizzell's birds from TN. He also breeds the Hoskins fowls (YLM, Albany and Greys).

Thanks for the reply redbreeder. The reason I asked about your Grey is he looks exactly like the Grey cock my friend Gene gifted me. He's also a Hatch - Grey cross. You seems to be a veteran breeder and you probably know Gene. He and Richard Bates (may his soul rest in peace) used to show a lot together when Richard was still here in the U.S. Gene used to be partner with Aurelio "Wello" Gutierrez and he used to breed/feed for Ray Hoskins.

Btw, here's a picture of the hatch-Grey cross I am telling you about:
    http://www.gamerooster.com/programs/...2/ppuser/13065

Hopevalley, I already deleted a few messages from my Message inbox. I hope they raise the maximum to above 50 messages.

Trueedge, I apologize if this is somewhat out of topic. Sorry about that.

Thanks!
    Engkanto
    Last edited by Engkanto; August 17th, 2010 at 02:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder who is taking care his birds after he passed away. when he still alive, he told me there is a young boy help him feed while he is in the hospital. he also teach him how to make gaff as well. i regret not getting his blueface brood stock when he offer. i took his claret instead. i didn't know how good his blueface hatch were.
    Last edited by shellcracker; July 1st, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

cockfighter_199

Anyone who was able to get fowl from Bill Baumgardner were some lucky people because not one of his breeds were junk. I have his bates and blueface and they are superior fowl. My good friend acquired a lot of Bills fowl, pens and his black out stalls that Richard Bates made. I will get some updated pictures of the bates and blueface when the weatehr warms up.

Post Thanks / Like

Engkanto, where did you acquire this spangled Blueface.?