Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BRUNNER ROUNDHEAD

Post Thanks / Like

BRUNNER ROUNDHEAD

Asking Every One Who Has Them To Post Pic.thank You All.

2. Thanks bennyblacks thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BRUNNER ROUNDHEAD

Nobody has any brunner roundheads??????NOBODY????

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, nobody....even you also!! hehehe

I have and I'll show you later, it's just that i'm limited to some internet connections. Mine consists of 1/2 Sweater x 1/2 Bruner RH. You may check the website of Chiongkee Uy - Davao where he wins most of this line in big event. But I guess not more than 3/4 because too much makes movement too off-beat. Bruners I believed were having orientals in bloodlines.

/Oca

Kan Gara, Leyte Norte y Atlantico-Estados Unidos
    Post Thanks / Like

http://sabong.net.ph/forum/showthrea...hlight=brunner

Willis Holding was credited for developing the strain
    in honor
    of
    Thomas K. Brunner

Post Thanks / Like

So whats the best to cross with brunner?SURCHEN FARM gifted me BRUNNER HEN .

SHALOM FROM ISRAEL

Post Thanks / Like

George Russell Poole Bruner out of Willis Holding

8. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes dungeon, Yunke8888 liked this post
    james wolf

roger roberts won the wsc with a brunnerchet cross, last breeding season crossed a brunner broodcock with lancey's boston, pullets will be bred with a hatchet broodcock after a fight a few brothers. prob this yr will breed a brunner broodcock with some red velcro hens & some hatchet hens. past fought a brunnerclaret cross, performed ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXODIA
    George Russell Poole Bruner out of Willis Holding

Nice looking Brunners... Looks like the Brunners RH's have a good shot of oriental blood in them by the way they look....

Chris
    Last edited by cnucum; July 11th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Aseel d Past, Present & Future - M.Romulo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnucum
    Nice looking Brunners... Looks like the Brunners RH's have a good shot of oriental blood in them by the way they look....

Chris
    They really look like orientals. Bruner are the ugliest RH I ever seen but like other says it's not the look that kill but the cutting ability and they have alot of it, including gameness and a little aggressive. The old man told me that bruner 40 years ago is much uglier, they have much bigger head and little bet big feet and they are really look like orientals.

12. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i agreed its not that looks can kill but the cutting ability & his fighting style that suitable for lk competition, for me i always prefer an ugly or shall say understimated looking cock but very deadly inside the rueda than a picture cock that doesn't know how to kill his opponent, but however if there's a picture cock that fight superbly ace cock i think is so much better to have one...ahehehehehe

i really don't know if this birds of mine has a blood of Brunner RH cos there's similariy of their looks:
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...5/IMG_1264.jpg
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...5/IMG_1855.jpg
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...5/IMG_1851.jpg

14. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for me they look good... And if they have (and I think they do) any oriental blood in them, them being good and accurate cutters will be a given...

thanks for sharing the photos guys, makes me love my oriental grades more...

Chris
    Aseel d Past, Present & Future - M.Romulo

Post Thanks / Like

a pure brunner roundhead gifted to me by Junior Belt.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...8/DSC_0548.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: BRUNNER ROUNDHEAD

trial Picture post Brunner result of F3 brother/sister mating now in my friends yard somewhere in Nueva Viscaya...
    This is his brother
    Last edited by Genis; July 11th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My May 2008 World Slasher Cup winner Brunner RH

Some of the first 16 offsprings :

Dr. Piranha,
    Last Jan.2009 WSC with my brother in law we scored LWDWWWWL not bad only Imported Simbeck RH lost unfortunately lossing his left leg on first buckle still our locals doing well

19. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHLEGAN
    a pure brunner roundhead gifted to me by Junior Belt.

If you said it's a pure bruner from Jr. Belt then it is GRP line the same us my bloodline. I got mine from GRP him self. I work for him for 4 years. GRP bruner is really excellent most speciallly if age. I fought some in stag 9 to 11 month they fight really great but I was getting 50/50. One reason that I find on that bruner crosses stag is they are so aggessive and careless and thats when they get hit bad. But if you age them, it's a different story. I have a lot of multiple winner at age of 3. The most win of my one brunner cross cock is 3 after that is either they are injured or died on the third fight or lost the fourth fight. Every time I have a 3 times winner bruner cross, I let them retired.

21. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher
    i agreed its not that looks can kill but the cutting ability & his fighting style that suitable for lk competition, for me i always prefer an ugly or shall say understimated looking cock but very deadly inside the rueda than a picture cock that doesn't know how to kill his opponent, but however if there's a picture cock that fight superbly ace cock i think is so much better to have one...ahehehehehe

i really don't know if this birds of mine has a blood of Brunner RH cos there's similariy of their looks:
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...5/IMG_1264.jpg
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...5/IMG_1855.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...5/IMG_1851.jpg
    It will depend sir from whom you acquired your bruners. I can only judge if your bruner come from GRP line. Some breeder upgrade there line to avoid in breeding and thats when there bruner will look a little different from the typical bruners but as long as they fight like a bruner and they ack like a bruner and the most important is they are winning. Some people don't have success and some have. You just have to feel what crosses you like. Like one guy from antique won candelaria this year using some bruner cross, actually it was 3 of them fight number 2,5 and 7th. Last year he was alitle short but he score a very decent score of 4 wins 1 draw and lost 1, the last fight was widrawned due to no bearing. They were bruner blueface large sizes.

In terms of gameness I tested some pure bruner stag age 9 and 10 month fight them with out knife and the other stag has and they were badly injured and lasted for more than 10 minute until there heart and body give out due to lose of blood. Some people will say there bruners are cold. I guess they got the wrong kind and sometime they just don't know how to take care of them.

23. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

do brunner rh comes only straight comb or there is also straight comb brunner rh's?

Post Thanks / Like

Alvin Rhodes did good with his brunner/radio crosses in WSC. I think they must have some oriental infusion because they way they move and most are not as fast a regular roundhead. I also heard of Joe Lewis have some good brunner blood and he just won COY and runner up COY. I been looking into them just to get some more smarts into my roundheads.

26. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have attached a picture of one of my Bruners. These are excellent in slashers..

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=IMG_2782.jpg

28. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    aurora gold

is that the russell poole that breeds oriental chickens?
    is it possible that he infused oriental to his roundheads?

Post Thanks / Like

According to Boy Diaz wasnt it jimmy williams who crossed his lacy to brunner and made them exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like

off spring of dax ganzon brunner

candelaria 2009 winner

another brunner cross won last may 17...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...d/IMG-0467.jpg

another brunner cross won last candelaria 2009,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rad/cock43.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aurora gold
    is that the russell poole that breeds oriental chickens?
    is it possible that he infused oriental to his roundheads?
    He never breed orientals. Nothing was added on them ever since they have them with Willis Holding as far as I know. Just selective breeding. There is some down side of the chicken since they are so inbreed. Cross them with straight comb family and hatches and let them molt one time and you have a better chances with with that cross.

33. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as my memories serves me last stag season and this year derbies and hack fight.

I fought some stag derby and hack and did 50/50 in winning with bruner cross
    Then comes cocks and bullstag this year, I have one bruner/cowan/bulik cross that won 3 times combine time not even one minute. I fought 10 bullstag and cock with bruner cross and won 7 out 10 (derbies and hack) but I have my big loose to my friends chicken I fought five of them and none of them won. I lost money in total but I learn some expierence.

One of my uncle, breds some of my give away chicken out of Bruner hatch hen and bruner/cowan/bulik cock and he produce 8 buliks, one of them died and all of 7 brother won there firts fight at 14 to 15 month some of them survive but mostly of them are multiply winner with a minor wound. Hoping to see them again next year and bet some money.

35. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    CHAMPION
    Sabong.Net.PH 2013 Derby
    Post Thanks / Like

my 7x winner brunner bc sons and grandson all winners some multiple

his offspring will be tested again this coming stag season

2008 offspring
    http://foxking.multiply.com/video/it...ner_vs_sweater
    http://foxking.multiply.com/video/it...er_vs_brunner_
    Last edited by f2gade; July 12th, 2009 at 12:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXODIA
    It will depend sir from whom you acquired your bruners. I can only judge if your bruner come from GRP line. Some breeder upgrade there line to avoid in breeding and thats when there bruner will look a little different from the typical bruners but as long as they fight like a bruner and they ack like a bruner and the most important is they are winning. Some people don't have success and some have. You just have to feel what crosses you like. Like one guy from antique won candelaria this year using some bruner cross, actually it was 3 of them fight number 2,5 and 7th. Last year he was alitle short but he score a very decent score of 4 wins 1 draw and lost 1, the last fight was widrawned due to no bearing. They were bruner blueface large sizes.

In terms of gameness I tested some pure bruner stag age 9 and 10 month fight them with out knife and the other stag has and they were badly injured and lasted for more than 10 minute until there heart and body give out due to lose of blood. Some people will say there bruners are cold. I guess they got the wrong kind and sometime they just don't know how to take care of them.
    i don't mine if my fighters are branded or not, a picture cock or not, what does matter for me like what you have said on how they will perform & do the talking inside the pit and will win & known just by their own simple way.

gud luck to your brunner.
    Last edited by GG Crasher; July 12th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.

38. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher
    i don't mine if my fighters are branded or not, a picture cock or not, what does matter for me like what you have said on how they will perform & do the talking inside the pit and will win & known just by their own simple way.

gud luck to your brunner.
    If your winning with them multiply to the best you can. Some generic can be much more expensive in the long run but it will always fall in the selection. Select the best and cull the rest. Every one has there own version of bloodline, they can be upgraded and some stick to the in breed. It will always be a case of prefference. In my case, If i can get hold with the inbreed and up grade them but if I cannot hold with them i will choice wiselly and carefully to the upgrades. Every breeder has there own taste of chicken.

By the way, what I ment with my answer to your question a while ago that I cannot say anything to other bruner due to the reason that I only say what I know. I will not make any judgement to other bruner since I never had an experience with them. I only had experience and hold the GRP bruner. But if they say they are what they are and you are happy about it and it will be good as any good bruner in the field.

As long as we are still happy with our bloodline and they give as trill and excitement just keep on going.

40. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

yes it's only depend on the breeder's preferences & good selection to continue what his fighting style looking for that give him more wins in the pit.

42. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

this year's breeding special will be this is living hatch over brunners and showtime kelso...

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=EXODIA;2746001]George Russell Poole Bruner out of Willis Holding

[/QUOTE

Hi Exora

Do you know of anybody in the US that has any of GRP's inbred bloodline like the 2 old cocks in your pictures? I would really appreciate any info. Please PM me.

YFIS

yunke8888