Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: medication; is it really needed?

Post Thanks / Like

medication; is it really needed?

With the skyrocketing prices of drugs, vitamins and other kinds of medication in conditioning your chicken; is it really needed? Is there no oraganic alternative to those synthetic drugs that we are giving our chicken during the conditioning period? I think under normal circumstances a very healthy strong gamecock without medication can still beat another gamecock loaded with all kinds of medication so why bother spend those precious money on medication? Please give your input friends in sabong.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: medication; is it really needed?

If you fight in the big derbies you need medications/vitamins for your birds but you need to know how to administer it the right way. Usually this gives them the edge. Why do you think the big time cockers are hard to kill?

Post Thanks / Like

if you really aim for those W's on the scoreboard, you need not take any shortcuts nor try to save on money solely intended to make your feathered warrior stronger, faster, on point and much harder to kill as what dragon storm just stated. if there are natural supplements out there that can make your rooster unbeatable especially in bigtime derbies, sorry to burst your bubble since it hasn't been discovered yet. why do you always want to deviate from the already tried and tested?

Post Thanks / Like

forget winning if you don't have medication...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Storm
    If you fight in the big derbies you need medications/vitamins for your birds but you need to know how to administer it the right way. Usually this gives them the edge. Why do you think the big time cockers are hard to kill?
    Hard to kill is because they are not hit on the fatal organs. I think those medications are a scam. The makers of those drugs are making you think that they are making your gamecock invincible. The facts it is not. Does those medications change the fighting style of your chicken? It is built in the the genes of your gamecock and if your chicken is well fed with proper nutrients coming from the feeds then it is okay. Medication is a hoax.

justice league

Wrigs, nice one. hehe. but I think we still need true medication. even in human people, in athletes they take medications. That wud fill the lack of sumtin hehe. to make more complete athlete i terms of their health. just my 1centavo. But deadly blow to ur rooster that one can't be saved by medication. But when they're both critical I think the one with right medication might have d edge to win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justice league
    Wrigs, nice one. hehe. but I think we still need true medication. even in human people, in athletes they take medications. That wud fill the lack of sumtin hehe. to make more complete athlete i terms of their health. just my 1centavo. But deadly blow to ur rooster that one can't be saved by medication. But when they're both critical I think the one with right medication might have d edge to win.
    Fights these days were both chickens have medications. Because of fierce advertisements which are not really substanciated. In fact, medications sometimes make your chickens go off if not properly administered. I remember feeding my chickens with added fruits and vegetables and sometimes put some sustagen and eggs and occational ground meat in their feeds without injecting drugs and vitamins, the chickens fight normally and on point. Why spend thousands on those expensive drugs to administer to the chickens?
    Last edited by wrigleycanada; July 24th, 2009 at 10:44 AM.

justice league

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleycanada
    Why spend thousands on those expensive drugs to administer to the chickens?
    Cause they got more money to spend with. hhehehe. but in a way I guess U spend more than medications. As u said u feed them fruits, vegetables, sustagen, eggs, ground meat wow! U are d one suppose to eat them for ur own health.

Post Thanks / Like

There are natural ways and supliments that can be given but now days every1 just gives it in tablet or injectable form.

B complex= ground beef or liver.
    Multivitamins = salad greens and sprouted grains, sunlight, green grass ect ect
    Minerals = Grits, soil, salad greens and sprouted grains, chilli ect ect

There are many more ways to supliment naturaly.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

The term Medications are absolutely necessary to maintain healthy flocks like vitamins and supplements that also comes in organic over synthetic forms and for protection againsts diseases like the vaccines and immunizations...

"Drugs" on the other hand, denotes Performance Enhancing substances like the Steroids, Anabolics, Hormonals and Stimulants, used to obviously Enhance Performance...but not without serious side effects and adverse reactions...or consequences with its usage!

So for me...Yes to natural Conditioning, and medications but no to Drugs!!!!
    Last edited by ironchef; July 24th, 2009 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Medication is a hoax.
    Penicilin is not a hoax.
    (maybe "performance enhancer" is a hoax)
    I dont take Vit C on tablet...I took oranges.
    I prefer to go natural.

BR

justice league

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef
    The term Medications are absolutely necessary to maintain healthy flocks like vitamins and supplements that also comes in organic over synthetic forms and for protection againsts diseases like the vaccines and immunizations...

"Drugs" on the other hand, denotes Performance Enhancing substances like the Steroids, Anabolics, Hormonals and Stimulants, used to obviously Enhance Performance...but not without serious side effects and adverse reactions...or consequences with its usage!

So for me...Yes to natural Conditioning, and medications but no to Drugs!!!!
    yes SAY NO TO DRUGS! drugs can ruin your life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justice league
    well i can tell you this i studied olypic athlete which can not take medication other then maybe vitamins and they perform with endurance and outstanding strwangth i have a keep that is all natural and uses the same stratagy as the olypians now i will say this it alone will win shows but it combined with a certain synthetic med will take what you have done and amplify it many times beyond what natual does either way you win some you loose some

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to race your volkswagon against other volkswagons then natural/stock is okay. However, if you are going to race your volkswagon against a modified volkswagon or other types vehicles with the same number of cylinders that also had its motor modified, you better soup up your volkswagon the best way you can to be able to compete at the same level of competition.

Same with fowl, bloodlines alone can't do it against top notch cockers that condition and medicate their fowl for maximum performance. This is why I like to take some of my fowl right off the string to our backyard gatherings and compete with the same type of fowl that were taken right off the teepees to compete with.

Whenever I travel some for a main or derby knowing I may be meeting Joe with those fire eating cocks, I make sure my cocks are in the best of shape and properly medicated to be at their highest peak possible. Even then, sometimes Joe's cocks just roll my cocks all over and stump on em all over the pit. Don't mind loosing if I got to tag Joe's cocks a few times knowing my cock did his best. If my cocks stomped Joe's all over the ring all I say is I got lucky with my Volkswagons.

Post Thanks / Like

Well explained mudlop.....I agree with you 101%. Nowadays, the competition is tough and we need to do whatever it takes for our birds to do well except cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflop
    If you are going to race your volkswagon against other volkswagons then natural/stock is okay. However, if you are going to race your volkswagon against a modified volkswagon or other types vehicles with the same number of cylinders that also had its motor modified, you better soup up your volkswagon the best way you can to be able to compete at the same level of competition.

Same with fowl, bloodlines alone can't do it against top notch cockers that condition and medicate their fowl for maximum performance. This is why I like to take some of my fowl right off the string to our backyard gatherings and compete with the same type of fowl that were taken right off the teepees to compete with.

Whenever I travel some for a main or derby knowing I may be meeting Joe with those fire eating cocks, I make sure my cocks are in the best of shape and properly medicated to be at their highest peak possible. Even then, sometimes Joe's cocks just roll my cocks all over and stump on em all over the pit. Don't mind loosing if I got to tag Joe's cocks a few times knowing my cock did his best. If my cocks stomped Joe's all over the ring all I say is I got lucky with my Volkswagons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desert slasher
    Well explained mudlop.....I agree with you 101%. Nowadays, the competition is tough and we need to do whatever it takes for our birds to do well except cheating.
    My argument is based on natural conditioning rather than dependent on all the vitamins that you administer everyday. How sure are you that the effects of those drugs really enhance the performance of your chicken? It is like a drug addict going for a boxing match with a sober person. I read different kinds of 21 day conditioning in this website and I can't believe how much injections and drugs that they give the chicken. You also don't know if your chicken is allergy on certain kind of drugs. For me conditioning is a continuos process and not compress in in a 21 days time. But naturally, because of drug manufacturers advertisement and the continuous experiments by sabungero, the medications is being done as if the gamecock will not win without those medications.

Post Thanks / Like

With the skyrocketing prices of drugs, vitamins and other kinds of medication in conditioning your chicken; is it really needed? Is there no oraganic alternative to those synthetic drugs that we are giving our chicken during the conditioning period? I think under normal circumstances a very healthy strong gamecock without medication can still beat another gamecock loaded with all kinds of medication so why bother spend those precious money on medication? Please give your input friends in sabong.
    in my opion you are right on.I will not elaborate.

Post Thanks / Like

If you were once an athlete (ball player), you'll know what medications means to your health and performance...
    And, everyone's body is built differently, some needs more of something(vitamins/minerals) to be able to perform well or to be able to increase their performance...That's what meds is all about...
    For me, It will be your loss if you wont give proper meds....

Post Thanks / Like

when you say medications, are you referring to just vitamins and wormers or are you referring to all the "keep aids" like hormones, etc. If its the keep aids you can do without. They are just crutches some rely on. If you mean vitamins they havent been around that long actually. Before feeders had to give all vitamins in different feeds. They fed a lot of liver, raisins, fish, greens, vegetables, etc. Then the synthetic vitamins came around and replaced all of those things. You could still feed the old way and not need the synthetic vitamins, however by the time you bought all the groceries you definitely wouldnt be saving any money. Sometimes I used to feed the old way just for nostalgia sake and didnt see much difference only it was way more expensive than buying a bottle of b-complex vitamins.

Post Thanks / Like

medication i think is needed...

1. when use properly it does help to make life better even for human.

2. everybody is doing it with good result.

3. going natural i think is over rated. it's rare for someone to go thru lifetime without the need of medication (i.e aspirin for pain, vicks for ubo, and pulbos for itch)

so i think we need medication.

Post Thanks / Like

i also think it is needed to maintain a healthy farm. vitamins and antibiotics go a long ways with roosters. but natural stuff like fruits, liver, and anything else like it is an added bonus to your fowls diet. always have to remember that less is better than more in most instances. now as for natural conditioning versus medicated conditioning(keep aids) to each his own. if you know how to use them then more power to you, but if you dont, you better learn or dont use them at all. to me, more people dont know how to use them than do, that is why alot of cockers jump from keep to keep trying to find that magic pill or shot that will make them bullet proof. i know of some cockers that will not show their fowl unless they give them something before the fight. little do they know that a good cock in good flesh, good health, good moisture and sharp will fight better than you have seen him spar and will take a cutting like he is on something. also no matter what you give them if they get hit where they live they are all gonna fall the same way. just my two cents......

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use any form drugs on my cocks, but I do use vitamins in liberal amounts. I am a firm believer in following conditions that is natural to a game cock. Nothing you give them on fight day will help them fight better. If he did not have it from the brood pen with a natural program utilized to bring out his best, he never will have it from a bottle. For example many folks add creatine to their fowls diet, yet red meat is loaded with creatine. Another is B-15, I know folks that use it before showing and have good results, for me it is too expensive to incorporate into my program as I feed lots of Oats which is already loaded with B-15. Yes, this hobby is expensive and there are many unnecessary items available in the market. If one can afford to use them fine with me. However, if you inject bottle "A", to speed him up by thinning out his blood, then inject bottle "B" to strengthen his heart, then inject bottle "C" to calm him down, you may be back on square one. In any event, don't take them off the strings to show in major competition or you may not always be so lucky. Take care of them, condition them the best way possible, give them lots of good nourishing food items, monitor their weight, moisture content and provide them complete rest before showing and they will show you their best. Everything about a gamecock is common sense. Too me it is a hobby, not a business venture but certainly a wonderful sport when the members are gentlemen.

Post Thanks / Like

nice thread .. up up up..

in my personal view, most of the time medication is being used as a business, well all are business nowadays. well go back to basic== good bloodlines, very clean environment and right food and supplements with injectables. just dont dpend on too much medications, just like humans we will only take medication if necessary.

ive known few people that use natural conditioning with out drugs and they win but for me medication will give an edge of winning..

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing you give them on fight day will help them fight better. If he did not have it from the brood pen with a natural program utilized to bring out his best, he never will have it from a bottle. However, if you inject bottle "A", to speed him up by thinning out his blood, then inject bottle "B" to strengthen his heart, then inject bottle "C" to calm him down, you may be back on square one. i agree sir mudflop, if the rooster dont got it, he aint gonna get it from a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

During there life time you will give a good multi vit. Etc. But during conditioning all you need is the right feeds and good judgemnt. All it takes is one stroke and that's all folks. If you aint puttn down your opponent within 1 to 3 clean buckles then you aint cuttn. Im jus speaken for the lk fighters. The only person that will need the medication is you the feeder.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch Black
    Nothing you give them on fight day will help them fight better. If he did not have it from the brood pen with a natural program utilized to bring out his best, he never will have it from a bottle. However, if you inject bottle "A", to speed him up by thinning out his blood, then inject bottle "B" to strengthen his heart, then inject bottle "C" to calm him down, you may be back on square one. i agree sir mudflop, if the rooster dont got it, he aint gonna get it from a bottle.
    There is a false belief among cockers that those drugs that they inject in their chickens wil make the rooster fight better. I think it is the other way around. The belief that those drugs prolong the life of a rooster maybe true but there is an effect on the way they fight. They have a very little brain and drugging them is not a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

How much longer can you live when getting hit in the heart or lungs. Hmm

Post Thanks / Like

There is a false belief among cockers that those drugs that they inject in their chickens wil make the rooster fight better. I think it is the other way around. The belief that those drugs prolong the life of a rooster maybe true but there is an effect on the way they fight. They have a very little brain and drugging them is not a good idea.
    meyt wrigs how about your friend all natural since birth, 100% healthy 0 mortality,natural conditioning method= super cocks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kgteng
    meyt wrigs how about your friend all natural since birth, 100% healthy 0 mortality,natural conditioning method= super cocks
    Meyt KG, I post this thread to oppose the other sabungeros in teaching their medication method where in the chicken is drugged to max. Imagine the cost of those drugs that they try to experiment in their conditioning method. But if that is their belief and they have the money then they can go ahead and do it. I am just giving a precaution here that too much medication is actually not good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macraess
    How much longer can you live when getting hit in the heart or lungs. Hmm
    ive seen them live for 15-30 seconds give or take after such a hit in the heart when they are right. when they are off they drop right then and there. just my opinion