Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HORRIBLE NEWS- Grit & Steel is gone!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry HORRIBLE NEWS- Grit & Steel is gone!

Just saw it on another board and i called Grit & Steel to confirm it. They are out of business.

I guess the new postal service rules that say "no shipping cockfighting materials" forced them out. Feathered Warrior went under a couple of months back, now Grit & Steel.

What really makes me mad is this. Gamecock cut a deal with the humane society and had a court sign off on it so they can keep sending their magazine. Its like they made a deal with the devil and it led to everyone else being closed down. thats BS!!! Grit and Steel and Feathered Warrior werent dunghills, and they are gone now

What do yall th ink will happen to the American gamefowl industry over the next few years? It just seems like we are being whittled down to nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HORRIBLE NEWS- Grit & Steel is gone!

who ever got the most money win the game..money rules in this world..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arnel2008
    who ever got the most money win the game..money rules in this world..
    thats it man money makes the world go around F U C K the hs us and p e ta

2naynapinoy

does it means that it's the end of my subscription to this magazine......i got the august issue....i wonder if i still receive the next issues.

Post Thanks / Like

p u c k humain society and **** . they are the one who kill more animal then anyone i can think off. they kill so many dog and cat each year and they pretend they help them. i juste hate those guy. what so damn bad thing about selling history about gamefowl and how to breed gamefowl. i enjoying reading them. why don't they go to phillipine and mexico try to stop cock fighting. i bet if they do, their head might blow up b4 they get a chance to do anything.

Post Thanks / Like

You were lucky to get the August issue as some never did, August was the last issue to be printed however for $20.00 you can buy the August and a copy of the first issue of G&S printed, price includes first class shipping.
    He says a refund will be made to subscribers, prorated at $8.00 a issue .. this is a crock of **** and a way for him to make a last buck on the first and last issue, plus being prorated at $8.00 a issue to keep from paying much back to subscribers. hell a years subscription was only $30.00 a year.
    The FW was forced out, but the G&S i think just hacked up seeing the chance to get out while they could. The magazine already cut its adds and content, there was nothing bad in it to break any laws.

2naynapinoy

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/z...ley2/002-1.jpgso this gonna be the last issue of my grit and still mag....how about my subscription are they gonna refund our subscription?.....if not is there anything that we can do?
    Last edited by 2naynapinoy; August 30th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re read the above post but i'd say best thing to do is get down on your knees bow your head, put your hands together and pray really hard you get your money back.

Post Thanks / Like

C.R.E.A.M - Case Rules Everything Around Me...so sad. If i'm not mistaken my last issue of G&S had ONE person writiing articles in it and that was "Mac" White, everything else was reprinted from old issues, it seems to me they were dead long before they went out of business.

CAN /MINDORO /NEGROS OCC. Talisay City -WWW.romy3388multiply.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGame4
    Just saw it on another board and i called Grit & Steel to confirm it. They are out of business.

I guess the new postal service rules that say "no shipping cockfighting materials" forced them out. Feathered Warrior went under a couple of months back, now Grit & Steel.

What really makes me mad is this. Gamecock cut a deal with the humane society and had a court sign off on it so they can keep sending their magazine. Its like they made a deal with the devil and it led to everyone else being closed down. thats BS!!! Grit and Steel and Feathered Warrior werent dunghills, and they are gone now

What do yall th ink will happen to the American gamefowl industry over the next few years? It just seems like we are being whittled down to nothing

YA GOOD TOPPIC GETS WARMER , AND WARMER ............JUST WANT TO RAISE UP , AND UP

ECHOMIKE

Horrible news indeed...and Gamecock cutting a deal with the evil ones!

2naynapinoy

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton
    Re read the above post but i'd say best thing to do is get down on your knees bow your head, put your hands together and pray really hard you get your money back.
    excuse me cotton my post is not for you alone... it's for all our cockmates .....who might knows what really happens to gs...
    Last edited by 2naynapinoy; August 30th, 2009 at 09:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

damn i just got the money for my year of mag. for grit and steel and now this what am i going to read after surgry now

Post Thanks / Like

WHO ARE YOU?

JUST WONDERING SINCE YOUR REGISTRATION HERE AT SABONG.NET LAST MARCH, YOU ONLY HAVE 2 POST AND ALL RELATING TO ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST...ARE YOU ONE OF THEM? IS THIS A DRIVE?
    Last edited by bluelegged; August 30th, 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

you obviously arent in the US. Everyone here knows what I said abotu Gamecock is true. My name is Roy. i dont' post a lot because i save my words for when its important, and saving the sport from the humane society is VERY important.

Post Thanks / Like

i think they are not done yet worst may come still they may block you guys out there in the us going to this site and every farm in the net. hope not,

Post Thanks / Like

you obviously arent in the US. Everyone here knows what I said abotu Gamecock is true. My name is Roy. i dont' post a lot because i save my words for when its important, and saving the sport from the humane society is VERY important.
    bluelegged's message is do nothing.
    most posters, except for his comrades, just simply ignore his messages.

when you are having a picnic, you would always run into nuisances.
    like ants, flies, fleas, and mosquitoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Its no big deal and no ill feelings 2naynapinoy i thought you were talking to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roy.

I guess one of the reason of the business folding down is not really the law but because of the recession. Every business needs to raise some capital and money and this tough times money is really hard to raise especially if there is an issue with the US law. It is not only Grit and steel that has folded. A lot magazines and local newspapers folded also because of the internet. Lots of subscribers prefer to just search everything they need in the internet and they can find it right away. The present subscribers are not enough to make the company going.

Post Thanks / Like

has noting at all to do with the ppost office it has to do with money and the 08 law making it illegal everywhere in the states to advertise and ship anything to do with cockfighting less ads less subscribers and the guys time is going into his hogs and dogs buisness so it has nothing to do with post office and everything to do with money i heard hed been borrowing money for a long time to keep it this long it aint his fault and the gamecock is still gonna be around deal or no deal sometimes you gotta fold to keep part of what you have instead of having it all taken from you its called wisdom and putting your pride aside for the sake of a bigger picture

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i agree, for awhile GS mag has a sale on ad space, i'm also a bit guilty, in a small way i contributed to the mag's downfall by not renewing my subscription last July.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony777
    bluelegged's message is do nothing.
    most posters, except for his comrades, just simply ignore his messages.

when you are having a picnic, you would always run into nuisances.
    like ants, flies, fleas, and mosquitoes.

LOOK WHO'S TALKING HAHAHAHAHA!

albert c

Horrible?? Whats so HORRIBLE about one closing their business? Did you invest a dime to keep their business going? Did you guys contribute an article, for the magazine so subscribers will keep on subscribing for an interesting article you might had. HORRIBLE NEWS... my ass.

What is HORRIBLE NEWS and dispicable are those soldiers being killed in IRAQ, AFGANISTAN, etc, and still in counting... that's HORRIBLE even in your wildest imagination, is still "HORRIBLE NEWS".

Car Manufacturers...were downsizing, and trimming some departments just to keep the company afloat. And thousands were laid off, for the sake of "STAYING ALIVE", and it takes the government to take drastic steps, not really saving the company but the thousands and thousands of people working in that company?

How many pilipinos involve who got their pink-slip? I say a lot. Also in thousands. Now isn't this HORRIBLE NEWS?

Last year alone, tens of thousands of Pilipinos were sent home, ... dumped to President GLORIA M. ARROYO's lapped because companies are closing if not downsizing, because of GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS, that hits the world. Pilipinos that were hit the most are those OFWs working in the middle east, or the Arab wsorld. And we are still at it...every nations government fighting tooth-and-nail for survival of this so called GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS.

I call that HORRIBLE NEWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albert c

Horrible?? Whats so HORRIBLE about one closing their business? Did you invest a dime to keep their business going? Did you guys contribute an article, for the magazine so subscribers will keep on subscribing for an interesting article you might had. HORRIBLE NEWS... my ass.

What is HORRIBLE NEWS and dispicable are those soldiers being killed in IRAQ, AFGANISTAN, etc, and still in counting... that's HORRIBLE even in your wildest imagination, is still "HORRIBLE NEWS".

Car Manufacturers...were downsizing, and trimming some departments just to keep the company afloat. And thousands were laid off, for the sake of "STAYING ALIVE", and it takes the government to take drastic steps, not really saving the company but the thousands and thousands of people working in that company?

How many pilipinos involve who got their pink-slip? I say a lot. Also in thousands. Now isn't this HORRIBLE NEWS?

Last year alone, tens of thousands of Pilipinos were sent home, ... dumped to President GLORIA M. ARROYO's lapped because companies are closing if not downsizing, because of GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS, that hits the world. Pilipinos that were hit the most are those OFWs working in the middle east, or the Arab wsorld. And we are still at it...every nations government fighting tooth-and-nail for survival of this so called GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS.

I call that HORRIBLE NEWS.
    Hoh, hoh, hoh, hold on a second, what about you, did you contribute anything to keep G&S mag afloat? Besides you did not start this thread, it so happen that's how the author deemed it be- a HORRIBLE NEWS! If you don't agree start your own. GLOBAL, huh??!!you think you're that BIG, quit that, get a life!!!
    RELAK BAKA KA MAG-KOLAP!!!
    Last edited by Stripper; August 31st, 2009 at 11:29 PM.

Dwip

Dude! that freakin' sucks, I've only been getting them since last september,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluelegged
    WHO ARE YOU?

JUST WONDERING SINCE YOUR REGISTRATION HERE AT SABONG.NET LAST MARCH, YOU ONLY HAVE 2 POST AND ALL RELATING TO ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST...ARE YOU ONE OF THEM? IS THIS A DRIVE?
    consult your doctor first, i'm just wondering why you're out of the hospital?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by COCKERSEC
    consult your doctor first, i'm just wondering why you're out of the hospital?
    His doctor is doctor Galvin and prescribed him the gwapito juice. This is the effect of the juice!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by bluelegged
    ...EY TSONG, TAMA BA YANG GINAGAWA KAY JESUS, NAKABITIN SA KRUZ, SIGN OF THE BEAST, NA IBANDILA PA SA BUONG MUNDO? ANO SA TINGIN MO? KAGAGALING MO LANG SA MISA, ANO NADINIG MO DUN? DIBA' THIS IS THE BODY OF CHRIST! TAMA BANG IPAKAIN SATIN SI KRISTO? ANO MASASABI MO NGAYON?...

"SIGN OF THE BEAST"?

is his evil mockery of catholics and their religious belief, with the holy pope as his avatar, caused by gwapito juice?

ECHOMIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Stripper
    Hoh, hoh, hoh, hold on a second, what about you, did you contribute anything to keep G&S mag afloat? Besides you did not start this thread, it so happen that's how the author deemed it be- a HORRIBLE NEWS! If you don't agree start your own. GLOBAL, huh??!!you think you're that BIG, quit that, get a life!!!
    RELAK BAKA KA MAG-KOLAP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

cheers to all.

keep it cool men. you need juicy fruit gum..

peace....