Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

  
  1. #1
    Member Bulldog1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii 808
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    Does anyone out there know Jr. Belts contact#, I will be in his
    neighborhood in November, I would like to obtain some of those old Cowan Roundheads..

    Let me know gang!!!

    Bulldog

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    i used to have it after i try to get some of his blood and he won't sell. it doesn't matter how much i offer he won't sell them so i decide to throw his number away. ehehehe. they are a world beater don't wast ur money i am sure lot of different rh blood can kill those cowan or their cross. i used to have a trio from jack collin the same blood that mountainview after 2 years breeding and crossing they are good for soup. maybe jr might be better but i haven't heard any win from a big derby yet.

  3. #3
    Member Bulldog1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii 808
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    Quote Originally Posted by shellcracker
    i used to have it after i try to get some of his blood and he won't sell. it doesn't matter how much i offer he won't sell them so i decide to throw his number away. ehehehe. they are a world beater don't wast ur money i am sure lot of different rh blood can kill those cowan or their cross. i used to have a trio from jack collin the same blood that mountainview after 2 years breeding and crossing they are good for soup. maybe jr might be better but i haven't heard any win from a big derby yet.
    You are right shellcracker, why waste your time on someone who is not going to sell, there is other lines out there I know that will whoop that blood but that Cowan line is very good, I wanted to croos that to my Leipers, I`ll keep trying buddy!!!! Thanks my man!!!

    Bulldog

  4. #4
    Senior Member sucess gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    there are people who have the line I got mine from two diffrent sources but they cost. Blue fox selld his hens for 1000. a hen and 2500. a cock and Nelson uy sells his at 1000. a stag as do many other people who own these cowans mine are not for sale. but this breed is available type in (cowan Hen) on youtube and theres a number its up to you if you want to deal. but his cowans are Jr. Belt line as far as his other fowl Idont know.
    Last edited by sucess gamefarm; September 6th, 2009 at 12:12 AM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    sucess gamefarm. if u want to spend 2500 bucks for a pair or a trio you could if u have money. i know a guy who go to blue fox farm and he even hill for richard and sharpe richard gaff as well. he told me those cowan don't wost that much money. they are good only for 1/4 of cowan and 3/4 of either sweater or his ylh. he said jr just got lucky with one cowan cock that he cross to some of his claret which he got those claret from bill bumgarner in tennissee. i spoke to the old man on and off he said jr and macwhite come to his place get the claret from him. with those cross jr make the cowan on the top of the hill. but we all don't know how good they are now when everyone want them. in the last 3 years or so, lot of boys in cal and some part of usa claim they got them from jr and try to sell a legged and an arm. lot of guy claim they used to feed for jr blalblalabalal. so will see in the next few more years if anyone still want them or not. if would buy a alabama rondhead instead. those are an old cowan rh.

  6. #6
    Member eaglebeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    Quote Originally Posted by shellcracker
    sucess gamefarm. if u want to spend 2500 bucks for a pair or a trio you could if u have money. i know a guy who go to blue fox farm and he even hill for richard and sharpe richard gaff as well. he told me those cowan don't wost that much money. they are good only for 1/4 of cowan and 3/4 of either sweater or his ylh. he said jr just got lucky with one cowan cock that he cross to some of his claret which he got those claret from bill bumgarner in tennissee. i spoke to the old man on and off he said jr and macwhite come to his place get the claret from him. with those cross jr make the cowan on the top of the hill. but we all don't know how good they are now when everyone want them. in the last 3 years or so, lot of boys in cal and some part of usa claim they got them from jr and try to sell a legged and an arm. lot of guy claim they used to feed for jr blalblalabalal. so will see in the next few more years if anyone still want them or not. if would buy a alabama rondhead instead. those are an old cowan rh.
    Shellcracker, is bobby the one the sharppens for richard.

  7. #7
    Senior Member sucess gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    from what i was told about blue fox the guy just won a major derby with his cowans in Mexico thats the reason the price is high he doesnt want to really sell them. but every bird has its price. unless youre Jr.Belt .there are fowl that do win against them its the stlye that wins the fight. but I think what im breeding is good stuff .good luck and day gente

  8. #8
    Senior Member newtogame2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    Quote Originally Posted by shellcracker
    i used to have it after i try to get some of his blood and he won't sell. it doesn't matter how much i offer he won't sell them so i decide to throw his number away. ehehehe. they are a world beater don't wast ur money i am sure lot of different rh blood can kill those cowan or their cross. i used to have a trio from jack collin the same blood that mountainview after 2 years breeding and crossing they are good for soup. maybe jr might be better but i haven't heard any win from a big derby yet.
    hey shell. you said in another thread that Jack Collin's stock is too big. so they are good for soup because they are too big, or because they have no ability? they are no good pure, but crossing is not good either? sorry to hear so much time wasted... did you get them direct from Collin?

    i'll be able to test mine next year when they are closer 2 years... right now they don't spare that well: seems like they hit more with the bottom of their feet intead of their shanks... i'm looking out for updates from titan as well, as he also got them from Mountain View...

    if mine are no good pure, i don't know if i want to waste time trying to cross them to something else... but as you probably already know, crossing is funny in that sometimes when 2 average strains will give you a nick while 2 good strains don't...
    Last edited by newtogame2; September 9th, 2009 at 01:04 AM.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    So. Cal / Dinalupihan, Bataan
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    Porbably your best bet is to get a hold of Nelson Uy, from what I remeber I think he told me he talks to Jr. Belt atleast once a week.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    newtogame2 yep i do got them direct from jack collin. i got a trio from jack 3 years ago. didn't like them very much. i cross them to some of mine kearny. they show pretty smart. the pure one don't impress me much so i have to let them go. yep they are pretty big and kinda too tall. the cock i got don't have good ballance. i even got a trio of cowan from jerry watkin. jerry watkin mid to high station. still have them. got few stags and pullet but don't know if they are going to be good. only time will tell. be honestly u all who been try to inquired a cowan. its hard to get a real one cuz since cowan get little hot in this thread. everyone claim they got them from jr. i don't understand why we all want them from jr. u know jr had them only around 12 years or so. jack collin, jerry watkin, rich cyclin got them for more then 20 some years and no one really want to get them. any if u guy want to spend 5000 a trio give blue fox a call. he will sell u a trio if u are fool enough to spend that kind of money. he got them direct from jr for sure.

  11. #11
    Senior Member newtogame2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    Quote Originally Posted by shellcracker
    newtogame2 yep i do got them direct from jack collin. i got a trio from jack 3 years ago. didn't like them very much. i cross them to some of mine kearny. they show pretty smart. the pure one don't impress me much so i have to let them go. yep they are pretty big and kinda too tall. the cock i got don't have good ballance. i even got a trio of cowan from jerry watkin. jerry watkin mid to high station. still have them. got few stags and pullet but don't know if they are going to be good. only time will tell. be honestly u all who been try to inquired a cowan. its hard to get a real one cuz since cowan get little hot in this thread. everyone claim they got them from jr. i don't understand why we all want them from jr. u know jr had them only around 12 years or so. jack collin, jerry watkin, rich cyclin got them for more then 20 some years and no one really want to get them. any if u guy want to spend 5000 a trio give blue fox a call. he will sell u a trio if u are fool enough to spend that kind of money. he got them direct from jr for sure.
    thanks shellcracker.
    i think you said it before: jr got lucky and got a nick when he crossed them to something else, but he'll never tell you what it is... we can all guess claret, or sweater, or ylh, or another rh, some even think asil...
    Last edited by newtogame2; September 9th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

  12. #12
    Member ARCHLEGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bulacan
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads



    JR. BELT BRUNNER ROUNDHEAD GIFTED TO ME LAST MAY 09

  13. #13
    Senior Member josebulabon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

    can anyone here tells about the blood composition of cowan roundhead?my friend gave me a cowan rh pullet its a yellowleg,i wonder if the cowanrh has a boston rh blood.

Similar Threads

  1. Jr. Belt Cowan
    By dindoks in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 27th, 2014, 01:37 AM
  2. Straight Comb Cowan Roundhead - Jr Belt line
    By hyper in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: January 28th, 2013, 08:35 PM
  3. Cowan Roundheads
    By jude torres in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: March 17th, 2010, 10:40 AM
  4. Cowan Roundheads
    By cocker1 in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 13th, 2008, 03:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •