Thread: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

Post Thanks / Like

Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

Does anyone out there know Jr. Belts contact#, I will be in his
    neighborhood in November, I would like to obtain some of those old Cowan Roundheads..

Let me know gang!!!

Bulldog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jr. Belt Cowan Roundheads

i used to have it after i try to get some of his blood and he won't sell. it doesn't matter how much i offer he won't sell them so i decide to throw his number away. ehehehe. they are a world beater don't wast ur money i am sure lot of different rh blood can kill those cowan or their cross. i used to have a trio from jack collin the same blood that mountainview after 2 years breeding and crossing they are good for soup. maybe jr might be better but i haven't heard any win from a big derby yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shellcracker
    i used to have it after i try to get some of his blood and he won't sell. it doesn't matter how much i offer he won't sell them so i decide to throw his number away. ehehehe. they are a world beater don't wast ur money i am sure lot of different rh blood can kill those cowan or their cross. i used to have a trio from jack collin the same blood that mountainview after 2 years breeding and crossing they are good for soup. maybe jr might be better but i haven't heard any win from a big derby yet.
    You are right shellcracker, why waste your time on someone who is not going to sell, there is other lines out there I know that will whoop that blood but that Cowan line is very good, I wanted to croos that to my Leipers, I`ll keep trying buddy!!!! Thanks my man!!!

Bulldog

Post Thanks / Like

there are people who have the line I got mine from two diffrent sources but they cost. Blue fox selld his hens for 1000. a hen and 2500. a cock and Nelson uy sells his at 1000. a stag as do many other people who own these cowans mine are not for sale. but this breed is available type in (cowan Hen) on youtube and theres a number its up to you if you want to deal. but his cowans are Jr. Belt line as far as his other fowl Idont know.
    Last edited by sucess gamefarm; September 6th, 2009 at 12:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

sucess gamefarm. if u want to spend 2500 bucks for a pair or a trio you could if u have money. i know a guy who go to blue fox farm and he even hill for richard and sharpe richard gaff as well. he told me those cowan don't wost that much money. they are good only for 1/4 of cowan and 3/4 of either sweater or his ylh. he said jr just got lucky with one cowan cock that he cross to some of his claret which he got those claret from bill bumgarner in tennissee. i spoke to the old man on and off he said jr and macwhite come to his place get the claret from him. with those cross jr make the cowan on the top of the hill. but we all don't know how good they are now when everyone want them. in the last 3 years or so, lot of boys in cal and some part of usa claim they got them from jr and try to sell a legged and an arm. lot of guy claim they used to feed for jr blalblalabalal. so will see in the next few more years if anyone still want them or not. if would buy a alabama rondhead instead. those are an old cowan rh.

Post Thanks / Like

sucess gamefarm. if u want to spend 2500 bucks for a pair or a trio you could if u have money. i know a guy who go to blue fox farm and he even hill for richard and sharpe richard gaff as well. he told me those cowan don't wost that much money. they are good only for 1/4 of cowan and 3/4 of either sweater or his ylh. he said jr just got lucky with one cowan cock that he cross to some of his claret which he got those claret from bill bumgarner in tennissee. i spoke to the old man on and off he said jr and macwhite come to his place get the claret from him. with those cross jr make the cowan on the top of the hill. but we all don't know how good they are now when everyone want them. in the last 3 years or so, lot of boys in cal and some part of usa claim they got them from jr and try to sell a legged and an arm. lot of guy claim they used to feed for jr blalblalabalal. so will see in the next few more years if anyone still want them or not. if would buy a alabama rondhead instead. those are an old cowan rh.
    Shellcracker, is bobby the one the sharppens for richard.

Post Thanks / Like

from what i was told about blue fox the guy just won a major derby with his cowans in Mexico thats the reason the price is high he doesnt want to really sell them. but every bird has its price. unless youre Jr.Belt .there are fowl that do win against them its the stlye that wins the fight. but I think what im breeding is good stuff .good luck and day gente

Post Thanks / Like

hey shell. you said in another thread that Jack Collin's stock is too big. so they are good for soup because they are too big, or because they have no ability? they are no good pure, but crossing is not good either? sorry to hear so much time wasted... did you get them direct from Collin?

i'll be able to test mine next year when they are closer 2 years... right now they don't spare that well: seems like they hit more with the bottom of their feet intead of their shanks... i'm looking out for updates from titan as well, as he also got them from Mountain View...

if mine are no good pure, i don't know if i want to waste time trying to cross them to something else... but as you probably already know, crossing is funny in that sometimes when 2 average strains will give you a nick while 2 good strains don't...
    Last edited by newtogame2; September 9th, 2009 at 01:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Porbably your best bet is to get a hold of Nelson Uy, from what I remeber I think he told me he talks to Jr. Belt atleast once a week.

Post Thanks / Like

newtogame2 yep i do got them direct from jack collin. i got a trio from jack 3 years ago. didn't like them very much. i cross them to some of mine kearny. they show pretty smart. the pure one don't impress me much so i have to let them go. yep they are pretty big and kinda too tall. the cock i got don't have good ballance. i even got a trio of cowan from jerry watkin. jerry watkin mid to high station. still have them. got few stags and pullet but don't know if they are going to be good. only time will tell. be honestly u all who been try to inquired a cowan. its hard to get a real one cuz since cowan get little hot in this thread. everyone claim they got them from jr. i don't understand why we all want them from jr. u know jr had them only around 12 years or so. jack collin, jerry watkin, rich cyclin got them for more then 20 some years and no one really want to get them. any if u guy want to spend 5000 a trio give blue fox a call. he will sell u a trio if u are fool enough to spend that kind of money. he got them direct from jr for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

newtogame2 yep i do got them direct from jack collin. i got a trio from jack 3 years ago. didn't like them very much. i cross them to some of mine kearny. they show pretty smart. the pure one don't impress me much so i have to let them go. yep they are pretty big and kinda too tall. the cock i got don't have good ballance. i even got a trio of cowan from jerry watkin. jerry watkin mid to high station. still have them. got few stags and pullet but don't know if they are going to be good. only time will tell. be honestly u all who been try to inquired a cowan. its hard to get a real one cuz since cowan get little hot in this thread. everyone claim they got them from jr. i don't understand why we all want them from jr. u know jr had them only around 12 years or so. jack collin, jerry watkin, rich cyclin got them for more then 20 some years and no one really want to get them. any if u guy want to spend 5000 a trio give blue fox a call. he will sell u a trio if u are fool enough to spend that kind of money. he got them direct from jr for sure.
    thanks shellcracker.
    i think you said it before: jr got lucky and got a nick when he crossed them to something else, but he'll never tell you what it is... we can all guess claret, or sweater, or ylh, or another rh, some even think asil...
    Last edited by newtogame2; September 9th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

JR. BELT BRUNNER ROUNDHEAD GIFTED TO ME LAST MAY 09

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone here tells about the blood composition of cowan roundhead?my friend gave me a cowan rh pullet its a yellowleg,i wonder if the cowanrh has a boston rh blood.