Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transporting Roosters

Post Thanks / Like

Transporting Roosters

WHAT DO YOU USE TO TRANSPORT FOWL TO DERBIES? I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE USE THE CARDBOARD BOXES, BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE USES OTHER TYPES OF BOXES TO TRANSPORT ESPECIALLY IF TRAVELING LONG DISTANCE? WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE PICTURES OF THE DIFFERENT BOXES. THANKS GUYS.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transporting Roosters

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch Black
    WHAT DO YOU USE TO TRANSPORT FOWL TO DERBIES? I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE USE THE CARDBOARD BOXES, BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE USES OTHER TYPES OF BOXES TO TRANSPORT ESPECIALLY IF TRAVELING LONG DISTANCE? WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE PICTURES OF THE DIFFERENT BOXES. THANKS GUYS.
    MY ADVICE TO YOU MY FRIEND....TRAVELING WITH SHOW CHICKEN
    HAS ALOT OF FACTOR TO YOUR CHICKEN...AIRCLOG, MOISTURE DROP...YOUR CHICKEN
    LOST HIS CUTTING ABILITY...TRAVELING LONGDISTANCE ANG LOT OF HOURS..
    USE BOXES THAT HE CAN STAND AND SET...THAT HE CAN MOVE UP/DOWN HIS LEG..
    MY OPINION...

4. Likes DTM+ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bogoy
    MY ADVICE TO YOU MY FRIEND....TRAVELING WITH SHOW CHICKEN
    HAS ALOT OF FACTOR TO YOUR CHICKEN...AIRCLOG, MOISTURE DROP...YOUR CHICKEN
    LOST HIS CUTTING ABILITY...TRAVELING LONGDISTANCE ANG LOT OF HOURS..
    USE BOXES THAT HE CAN STAND AND SET...THAT HE CAN MOVE UP/DOWN HIS LEG..
    MY OPINION...

Bogoy,

Care to share some pics or dimensions of what you are using? Slips' boxes are nice, but they are just too big for me. THanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starrer
    Bogoy,

Care to share some pics or dimensions of what you are using? Slips' boxes are nice, but they are just too big for me. THanks.
    do you know what dimensions slips's are? Why don't you just stuff them in a shoe box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett
    do you know what dimensions slips's are? Why don't you just stuff them in a shoe box.

geez mike. What's with the hostility. I said Slip's are nice but just too big for me so I am asking for Bogoy to share his design. I didn't even criticize Slips boxes. Why do you have to be so hostile?

Post Thanks / Like

geez mike. What's with the hostility. I said Slip's are nice but just too big for me so I am asking for Bogoy to share his design. I didn't even criticize Slips boxes. Why do you have to be so hostile?
    Maybe I was harsh, but you don't even know the size of the boxes, so why say they are too big. Which are too big the welows or the singles or the multi? Pictures make them seem larger.....I've seen them in person.
    Last edited by Mike Everett; September 8th, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info guys, keep it rolling. dont know ho to post pics on this but ill post some derby and single boxes on my avatar and in the gallery.

Post Thanks / Like

http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=004.jpg http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=005.jpg http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=007.jpghere you go guys, learned how to do it. the 3 stall and single boxes are not done yest, the 4 stall is finished. do you guys use these types of boxes for traveling?
    Last edited by Hatch Black; September 8th, 2009 at 09:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I was harsh, but you don't even know the size of the boxes, so why say they are too big. Which are too big the welows or the singles or the multi? Pictures make them seem larger.....I've seen them in person.
    In the Philippines some of us transport the fowls in Owner TYPE JEEP or compact cars like Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer or Toyota Corolla. I don't think the size of Slip's boxes will fit in those kind of transportation or vehicle plus the farm hands that is why I asked Bogoy for his design because he is a Filipino and he knows what I am talking about. There are hardly any Filipino cockers that travel their cocks in a trailer or RV like here in the states. Most of the time, it was the vehicles I mentioned above.

And yes you are harsh and I don't know the size of Slips boxes but you too don't know the size of the vehicles we commonly used in the Philippines so as a courtesy you should atleast slow down on your post. Have you been in the Philippines and have you transported fowls in the Philippines the way we Pinoy's do it from farm to pit?

Post Thanks / Like

Bogoy,

BRO STARRER,
    I HAVE ALREADY A NIGHTMARE OF THOSE MIXICAN BOXES...DURING THE SHOW IT LOOK
    MY CHICKEN ...JUST LIKE A ROBOT...FOR TRANSPORTING TO ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER IS OK, NOT FOR SHOWING..JUST BIT YOUR MONEY TO THE OPPONENT HE HE HE HE HE

I USED USPS APPROVED BOX RED ONE..I CAN FOLD LIKE PLOT CARDBOARD
    RECYCLE
    Last edited by bogoy; September 8th, 2009 at 09:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=004.jpg http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=005.jpg http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=007.jpghere you go guys, learned how to do it. the 3 stall and single boxes are not done yest, the 4 stall is finished. do you guys use these types of boxes for traveling?

Post Thanks / Like

Bro Hatch Black,
    Nice Boxes...by The Way You Know Doggs In Hawaii

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Starrer]In the Philippines some of us transport the fowls in Owner TYPE JEEP or compact cars like Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer or Toyota Corolla. I don't think the size of Slip's boxes will fit in those kind of transportation or vehicle plus the farm hands that is why I asked Bogoy for his design because he is a Filipino and he knows what I am talking about. There are hardly any Filipino cockers that travel their cocks in a trailer or RV like here in the states. Most of the time, it was the vehicles I mentioned above.

And yes you are harsh and I don't know the size of Slips boxes but you too don't know the size of the vehicles we commonly used in the Philippines so as a courtesy you should atleast slow down on your post. Have you been in the Philippines and have you transported fowls in the Philippines the way we Pinoy's do it from farm to pit?[/QUOT
    Try the welo's if your short on room..I was thinking what is best for the cocks not you....my words may have been harsh, but I don't think I am. But your right I don't know how it is done in the Philippines, but I also didn't know where you were from.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bogoy
    Bro Hatch Black,
    Nice Boxes...by The Way You Know Doggs In Hawaii
    thanks bogoy, the 4 stall cost me about $300 a few years back and the 3 stall and single boxes were frebbies. all i had to do was stain and clear coat. i used to use 1x1 wire on the bottom for the droppings but now i just use carpet. i put about 4 to 6 sheets on the floor so i can change it. just figured that if i wouldnt like to stand on wire for long time then roosters wouldnt like it either. no i dont know doggs but i have heard that he has some good fowl.
    Last edited by Hatch Black; September 8th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

up,up,up,up,up,up,up,up,up.........please post those pictures of what you transport them in.
    Last edited by Hatch Black; September 8th, 2009 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

nice boxes slip, do you make them yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

nice boxes slip, do you make them yourself?
    I make mine... I enjoy building them. The boxes do look a lot bigger in the pics... that 6 hole Mexican box will fit any vehicle seat... it's no wider than a chubby gals butt!
    Last edited by slipspur; September 8th, 2009 at 02:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive made my own also. Ive built them in 3,4,5, and 6 holes. Not hard too do. I make mine 7 inches wide, 20 inches tall and 20 inches deep. This keeps the cock from turning around, ruining his tail feathers. A five and six hole carrier can fit in the back of a normal size station wagon like here in the states. A 3 or 4 holes carrier can fit in a car seat of a small car. One thing I do is keep sand in the bottom of the carrying cases in the summer. It seems to help keep the feet cool and you can use a piece of screen wire to clean out the droppings. I use carpeting in the winter months to keep them warm. Im not much on using single size carrying cases cuz of the vibration they get when traveling. Plus if you arent careful they will fall over, tip alot back and forth. This will upset the cocks and takes them longer to get over the haul. Now this is JMO...The one problem I have with the mexican boxes is they are always covered with **** from them not being able to stand up and do thier business, thier butts are always covered and they smell like hell. LOL..I know some guys swear by them I guess its just to each individuals taste. I like Slips boxes alot too. Nice job Slip..
    Last edited by irishcutt; September 8th, 2009 at 09:15 PM.

21. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the Philippines some of us transport the fowls in Owner TYPE JEEP or compact cars like Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer or Toyota Corolla. I don't think the size of Slip's boxes will fit in those kind of transportation or vehicle plus the farm hands that is why I asked Bogoy for his design because he is a Filipino and he knows what I am talking about. There are hardly any Filipino cockers that travel their cocks in a trailer or RV like here in the states. Most of the time, it was the vehicles I mentioned above.

And yes you are harsh and I don't know the size of Slips boxes but you too don't know the size of the vehicles we commonly used in the Philippines so as a courtesy you should atleast slow down on your post. Have you been in the Philippines and have you transported fowls in the Philippines the way we Pinoy's do it from farm to pit?
    i drive a saturn sc2 coupe 2 door and can fit an 8 stall box like slips into the trunk

Post Thanks / Like

I ride a Honda VTX Motorbike and this fits snug in my luggage rack

Bulid it once and use it forever.

Lighter than my timber box, perforated mesh, aluminun covers and triple powder coating for a scratch free surface......No expense spared!

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildfoot

Lighter than my timber box, perforated mesh, aluminun covers and triple powder coating for a scratch free surface......No expense spared!

Wildfoot
    Nice boxes... metal makes sense in a tropical envrioment.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice box Mike. I bet they are really lightweight. In the P.I. I use the travelling boxes you buy at the poultry supply store or the boxes I used to ship my birds from the U.S. which is compact and screen on back and front made out of thin plywood

Post Thanks / Like

Nice boxes... metal makes sense in a tropical envrioment.
    Mike this aint the tropics where I am, I use these during winter up to spring, come summer I revert back to the wooden boxes as they absorb more moisture.....Although I have some of these as well in P.I., just got to have the air on.

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

thank you so much slipspur for your ingenuity design been copying it . but i think to travel 10 hrs and win is hard to beat i stick with card board boxes from work enough to fit the fowl with much wiggle room then also stick with speed limit will experiment with head harness for silence during travel i hate many curious animal lovers peering eyes and ears when i gas up see you at the show

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

i wonder if this will stop the fowl from crowing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramun
    i wonder if this will stop the fowl from crowing
    Have you ever seen a blind cock fight..they hit anything they feel...lol
    Last edited by Mike Everett; September 9th, 2009 at 07:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever seen a blind cock fight..they hit anything they feel...lol
    im just suggesting to use this during transport to prevent any curious persons when i stop and even when travelling at night fowl crows can't usually close all windows of my vehicle

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Rules of thumb: The amount of time travelled should be at least the same amount of time of rest or longer. Put emphasis on weather condition which may affect the body moisture. When we put our feathered warriors in a box for a long haul, body temperature rises. Thus, body weight also drops due to loss of moisture. Very importantly is to position it side way and not facing forward to minimize fatigue in constant traffic stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildfoot

Wildfoot
    NICE BOXES WILDFOOT....BRO..."SAN-O DIRI MABALIK ANG MGA DEL LEON BAKASYUN SA NEW YORK...PADAL-AN TA MANUK MAGBALIK "