Thread: archier kelso

Post Thanks / Like

archier kelso

hello cockmates, any information of this archier kelso, what is their fighting style? thank u..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: archier kelso

can this be archie kerr ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcusrn
    can this be archie kerr ?
    That's what also came to my mind mate. Archie Kerr. He is known for his Kelsos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trimas
    hello cockmates, any information of this archier kelso, what is their fighting style? thank u..
    sir eto try ko lang
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-ZlykGiUk

derby yan ng sabong.net sa cainta pero sir mr archie kherr past away
    Last edited by jamul; September 8th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 3/4 Canaday Walter Kelso and 1/4 Archie Kerr Kelso....

In Pampanga, there is a pure Archie Kerr Kelso, I do not know if the breeder is letting out any. He also has 1/2 Canaday Walter Kelso and 1/2 Atchie Kerr Kelso.

here is the old sparring video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEwDNipclEg

Post Thanks / Like

thank u cockmates, for all ur reply..

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Archie did past away a year or two ago. I used his birds in the 90s. He was known for his kelsos supposedly direct from Walter A. Kelso. My experience, his kelsos were good cutters but a littlebit aggressive. They were straight comb, yellow legs, dark red hackles with a few streamers in the tail. I lost that line when it became illegal to fight in Arizona but was able to send some to the Philippines to my cousin. What happened from that point I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

mine are dark red come both white and yellow legged. very fancy style. good deadly cut. everyone have their own stander i guess they are very good considering of my stander. to be answer to this question i can say they very exceptional cut. i show them in the gaff so i don't know about lk. break pretty high can turn in the air sometime. any breeder have them. if they don't like them i guess they won't have time in their yard. hope this answer ur question.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: archier kelso

My Archie Kehr kelso are 70% peacomb and 30% straight comb,good cutting ability and plenty of power.
    I've shown 10 straight breed kelso 7 won,1 loss and 2 draw,1 rooster draw on the first fight because the opponent feathers got stock on his beak and eyes but he won his second show.
    They're late maturing type and some offspring throw crested fowl,The late Archie Kehr told me the crested throwbacks came from the Shawlnecks which is part of his foundation line
    for his Kelso.
    The Sweater-kelso cross are also winning about 80% when shown 14 months and up.
    But at first I made a mistake of showing the Sweater-Kelso cross when they're 10-11 months
    and 2 of them loss the fight.
    Last edited by canadian kelso; October 19th, 2009 at 12:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Trimas, here is a sparring video of a 2009 GT-Archie Kerr stag..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiztSLwUWMQ

And here is the 2002 GT Kelso without the Archie Kerr.

Let me know your observation......
    Last edited by EAA Indians; September 11th, 2009 at 01:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thank u very much sir EAA INDIANS , the sparring video . i really appreciate.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamul, very good Archie Kerr Kelso. How would you call the breaking and buckling style in Philippine terminology? Harang, Salto, Vertical ???? I get confused and could somebody help describe the styles.

Trimas, the GT Canaday and Archie Kerr straight Kelso stag was hatched around December 2008 or early January 2009. It is the first sparring experience for both stags and it shows that the straight Kelso line is early maturing and could be entered in the National Stag Derby competition.

BTW, when do they band the stags?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    Trimas, here is a sparring video of a 2009 GT-Archie Kerr stag..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiztSLwUWMQ

And here is the 2002 GT Kelso without the Archie Kerr.

Let me know your observation......between the 2002 and 2009 Kelsos
    Last edited by EAA Indians; September 11th, 2009 at 01:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: archier kelso

I also got this line from Archie Kerr i have the Pearl Leg line he sent me a peacomb bull stag and a straight comb hen very hard to raise the chicks i was only able to raise a stag and 2 pullets from the first mating the hen was too old did Notlast died of coccidiosis so i line bred to the peacomb father side crossed to my Brunner produced 6 stags non perform well in sparring at 8 months until 12 months then came two years all sparred well all won on their first fight so ill say they are late maturing. The other pullet died of disease the other was bred back to dad produced 4 stags and 3 pullets 1 went to a friend 1 died 1 bought by a co worker 1 left for me hehehe!!! The original broodcock still alive fighting canker dont know if he will recover my brother in law is still trying to save him with bactidol antibiotic and fishzole hes 5 or 6 years old now good cutting kelso...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genis
    I also got this line from Archie Kerr i have the Pearl Leg line he sent me a peacomb bull stag and a straight comb hen very hard to raise the chicks i was only able to raise a stag and 2 pullets from the first mating the hen was too old did Notlast died of coccidiosis so i line bred to the peacomb father side crossed to my Brunner produced 6 stags non perform well in sparring at 8 months until 12 months then came two years all sparred well all won on their first fight so ill say they are late maturing. The other pullet died of disease the other was bred back to dad produced 4 stags and 3 pullets 1 went to a friend 1 died 1 bought by a co worker 1 left for me hehehe!!! The original broodcock still alive fighting canker dont know if he will recover my brother in law is still trying to save him with bactidol antibiotic and fishzole hes 5 or 6 years old now good cutting kelso...
    Genis, i hope your brother in law will be able to save your original AK brood cock.
    My original broodcock died already luckily i have 8 seedfowl stags right now and 6 of them are 11-11 flight wing feathers,I think it's on the genes of AK kelso my original broodcock is 11-10 flight wing feathers.
    I'm also crossing Hi action Mclean blood on my AK Kelso and hopefully they will mature a bit early somehow.
    I'll also try to put a 1/4 sweater blood on my Kelso next breeding season the 1/2 sweater,1/2 kelso hen side offspring are best fought as bullstags and cocks.
    I also notice the pure dark red kelso are medium high-high station and weigh around 2.3-2.5 kilos and the light reds are medium station and weigh around 1.9-2.1 kilos.
    The dark legged are multiple shufflers and the lighter reds are single strokers and bit shifty on the ground.
    They are medium high breakers with fully stretch legs. Most of my pure kelso won with damaged legs.

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys have a difficult time to raise the Archie Kerr Kelso, there is a reason for it. I was told by a breeder, when AK was getting old, his Kelsos were not maintained as like before. My friend acquired his second breeding stocks and he noticed the difference.

You only need to refresh the stale blood and there are many ways to do it. It might take sometime to do it but the Archie Kerr Kelsos are worth the trouble.

Good luck.......ed

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk
    Could you share with us the sparring videos of your Archie Kerr Kelsos.

Thanks....ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk

Very beautiful birds, I hope I have this on my yard.....how much for a trio? if you won't mind...

Post Thanks / Like

Jamul, very good Archie Kerr Kelso. How would you call the breaking and buckling style in Philippine terminology? Harang, Salto, Vertical ???? I get confused and could somebody help describe the styles.

Trimas, the GT Canaday and Archie Kerr straight Kelso stag was hatched around December 2008 or early January 2009. It is the first sparring experience for both stags and it shows that the straight Kelso line is early maturing and could be entered in the National Stag Derby competition.

BTW, when do they band the stags?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZbVfXMjhDQ

sir eto naman ang leiper ni archie kher against EDL EXELENCE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canadian kelso
    Genis, i hope your brother in law will be able to save your original AK brood cock.
    My original broodcock died already luckily i have 8 seedfowl stags right now and 6 of them are 11-11 flight wing feathers,I think it's on the genes of AK kelso my original broodcock is 11-10 flight wing feathers.
    I'm also crossing Hi action Mclean blood on my AK Kelso and hopefully they will mature a bit early somehow.
    I'll also try to put a 1/4 sweater blood on my Kelso next breeding season the 1/2 sweater,1/2 kelso hen side offspring are best fought as bullstags and cocks.
    I also notice the pure dark red kelso are medium high-high station and weigh around 2.3-2.5 kilos and the light reds are medium station and weigh around 1.9-2.1 kilos.
    The dark legged are multiple shufflers and the lighter reds are single strokers and bit shifty on the ground.
    They are medium high breakers with fully stretch legs. Most of my pure kelso won
    with damaged legs.
    I almost forgot i still have 1 original hen left will try to breed her this season to my Brunner. Just talk to my brother in law the other day he was able to breed that hen
    to the original broodcock and was able to produce 2 stags no pullet though but luckily i still have an F2 hen and cock that we can breed to continue the line. Anyway anybody here produced a different colored AK kelso I got one looked like a birchen color pearl leg Straight comb I gave it away.
    I got the other original hen from a friend here in San Francisco hes got some breeding here in his backyrad he also got the yellowleg AK kelso.
    Last edited by Genis; September 13th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Archie Kehr 2nd Gen

Post Thanks / Like

to the original broodcock and was able to produce 2 stags no pullet though but luckily

i still have an F2 hen and cock that we can breed to continue the line. I got the other original hen from a friend here in San Francisco hes got some breeding here in his backyrad he also got the yellowleg AK kelso.
    Pre Genis, just concentrate on reproducing the pure Archie Kerr Kelso and just add more hens for battlefowls.

My EAA Kelso has a very defensive style that I really like.....cutting while backing up (in Pilipino, nag iiwan ng tama habang umaatras). My Cowboy line is an EAA Kelso cross and has retained this defensive style. I will have to check later if the EAA Kelso x Archie Kerr Kelso will still show this defensive style....

good luck......ed

Post Thanks / Like

Pre Genis, just concentrate on reproducing the pure Archie Kerr Kelso and just add more hens for battlefowls.

My EAA Kelso has a very defensive style that I really like.....cutting while backing up (in Pilipino, nag iiwan ng tama habang umaatras). My Cowboy line is an EAA Kelso cross and has retained this defensive style. I will have to check later if the EAA Kelso x Archie Kerr Kelso will still show this defensive style....

good luck......ed
    I think you are right sir because if we will not focus on maintaining this line we might lose it it will be hard for us to find some genuine AK blood AK is gone and we have to keep on breeding this line. My friend is from Pampangga this is his winning line and he's the one who encouraged me to get this line sadly my brother in law told me the Original broodcock stop eating just yesterday he's been battling Canker for quite some time now I really hope he will still fight for his life. Even if I dont have to use him again just to keep him he's pretty old now and I only have a few of them left in my backyard in Rizal....I also experimented on 2 other kelsos that I have I crossed them to AK kelso the result was 1/2 AK 1/4 Bob Howard and 1/4 Gillie Humprey kelso still have to look forward to test it either fighting or breeding. The Bob/Gillie kelso cross is already proven honestly We were only able to produce 1 stag and 1 pullet from that mating theyre 4 years old now the cock won all 4 with only a little cut on the lower part of the right knee. The hen on the other hand produced winners crossed to my Nesmith Sweater so what we did is we mated the brother ang sister Bob/Gillie cross we are planning to make a family out from that 2 kelso blood...
    Last edited by Genis; September 14th, 2009 at 01:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are right sir because if we will not focus on maintaining this line we might lose it it will be hard for us to find some genuine AK blood AK is gone and we have to keep on breeding this line. My friend is from Pampangga this is his winning line and he's the one who encouraged me to get this line sadly my brother in law told me the Original broodcock stop eating just yesterday he's been battling Canker for quite some time now I really hope he will still fight for his life. Even if I dont have to use him again just to keep him he's pretty old now and I only have a few of them left in my backyard in Rizal....I also experimented on 2 other kelsos that I have I crossed them to AK kelso the result was 1/2 AK 1/4 Bob Howard and 1/4 Gillie Humprey kelso still have to look forward to test it either fighting or breeding. The Bob/Gillie kelso cross is already proven honestly We were only able to produce 1 stag and 1 pullet from that mating theyre 4 years old now the cock won all 4 with only a little cut on the lower part of the right knee. The hen on the other hand produced winners crossed to my Nesmith Sweater so what we did is we mated the brother ang sister Bob/Gillie cross we are planning to make a family out from that 2 kelso blood...
    Pre G, a friend in Pampanga has the Arhcie Kelso. Good luck.....ed

Post Thanks / Like

Pre G, a friend in Pampanga has the Arhcie Kelso. Good luck.....ed
    Ive watched the old tukaan tape that my friend recorded youre right there's a breeder that was featured there that breeds Archie Kehr kelso and he is from Pampangga I just dont know if he sells.

Anybody else breed this line of kelsos???

Post Thanks / Like

My Kelso Cross (EAA Cowboys) took almost 8 years in the making. Two pure cocks and a hen died in the process, stalling the creation of the Cowboys.

Efficient breaker-high enough to top the opponent, smart and calculating, side steps and waves, quick burst of accurate cutting, cutting while backing up and quick re coil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu2e3HTxeg8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSwf2AJ530
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702fgGbY4Bk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQKBPhE0No

Now compare the 2009 Cowboy (a Kelso cross) to the 2002 pure Kelso (that died in 2009) and you will be amazed on the similarities of their efficient fighting styles.

Last edited by EAA Indians; September 15th, 2009 at 03:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: archier kelso

My 4 times winner Bob Howard/Gillie Humprey Kelso crossed this to my Archiekehr hen I will try to make a third family of Kelso
    This is his son came from that brother sister mating of my Bob/Gillie line
    My Original Archiekehr Broodcock finally passed away today after battling canker for almost a month my brother in law tried everything just wasnt enough....It spread all the way to his throat.....

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone ever seen an archie kerr kelso pure, that has yellow legs with a black spur? I have a close friend that was supposedly gifted one, but i have never seen one with black spurs, anyway all his offspring are very good so i guess it doesnt really matter; i was just wondering.

Thanks, Lucas