Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sabungero Movie discussions

Re: Sabungero Movie discussions

roundhead....... sometimes in art you must read between the lines... whether it may be in film or literature..... it's hard to make a piece for every single person to relate to, but i believe the movie was written in a way where people other than cockers can relate to as well.... we would love the movie since it involves the sport we all love, but in reality its a way to show that excess in "anything" can be abused and take over..... at the beginning of the film it shows us that the main character has excessively worked to the point where he lost ambition and stride.... when he went to the pit he felt a breath of fresh air.... new motivation... it starts good but then he takes on the cocking in excess to the point where he looses control of other responsibilities.... when it was a hobby all was good for him.... bills were getting paid.... family was happy...... he had found inspiration, he was even performing at work unlike he had before..... it was until he took on a heavy load where he lost control and almost could have killed him like any other things that can be abused.... at the end he stayed true to his passion which was gamefowl, but saw it wasn't as important as family..... we at times can all compare ourselves in ways..... many of my family members saw this movie when i received it and they all fell in love with the story, many of these whom are not into cocking..... as well as with the sport when they saw someone who takes it as a hobby can actually live fine against the negative stereotypes as you stated.... this is what i took from the movie and if the film had lent to the side of just cocking ..... many would not be able to relate except us lol.....

I feel you brother turd

i am a grass roots cocker, so i encounter the nitty and the gritty of cocking here in the Philippines, the dark side but also the successful and nice guys who are really winners in how they manage themselves and their treatment of other people. in fact in the pits here in the Philippines it really is a myriad of colorful characters, there are the loud and obnoxious, the hustlers, geez there are even faghots! believe that brother! now as a film maker, imagine if you can peer into the lives of these people? gdamn man now we are talking cannes!

now if i can make a suggestion to mr Sentenciador or the producers. maybe make a film with short stories? or short stories but all related? where they eventually all meet in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
    now if i can make a suggestion to mr Sentenciador or the producers. maybe make a film with short stories? or short stories but all related? where they eventually all meet in the pit.
    pulp fiction style huh...... as in it goes to all the various scenes with all the characters..... i like ...

brother i believe that everybody is a character in their own right, some are just larger than life and more colorful

I didn't watch the movie for about 2 months now because my girl kept nagging that I would always watch it lmao.......... rewatched it, and still sick a$$ movie!!! for those that still haven't had the chance to view it themselves, I highly recommend to get an opportunity to get the movie to watch.......

I love this movie Thanks to Mr. Sentenciador Now that I got an Idea what will happen if you miss manage your self. Must buy and get a copy and watch it with your family

Napakagandang pelikula at galing ng charater ni Paco humble sya kac sya pala ang anak ng may ari ng sabungan na pag aari ni de alas alas the best.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy1991k2500 View Post
    when is this movie going to be in the usa
    I have the same question. Is there one in English?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    You've seen the movie, discuss it here! Love it, hate it, talk about it here. Please, NO SPOLIERS for the benefit of those that haven't seen the movie. Talk in general, nothing specific.
    Where's this movie? I want to see it!!!

The movie is the typical script where there are protagonists and antagonists.The hero and anti-hero. It has its climax and anti-climax. It was not a tragedy unlike the movie I saw about a British soldier who was unaware that his wife is a Nazi spy. A movie without these elements does not deserve to be seen either on TV or a theater because it does not constitute literature. Read all those short stories and novels and watch all those movies. Imagine a movie without a hero and an anti-hero or without a climax and without an anti-climax. It would be disastrous for the producers of the film. (As brain teasers, identify the anti-climax and the climax of the movie Sabungero.
    Last edited by rollmao; June 23rd, 2018 at 07:24 PM.