Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: good honest breeders

Post Thanks / Like

Re: good honest breeders

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post
    there are no such thing as good honest breeders...we compete and we are all enemies with a burning desire to annihilate whoever is in our way...people who call this game a sport is so naive...it's a bloody self preservation that one can never be truly honest and distrust and selfishness and jealousy are rewarded...

I have no idea who you have met. I know there this there is good honest breeders out that will same as they show. When I sell fowl it was the same as I showed. I can not show in the USA anymore so I can sell a little more. I know at least 5 people who sell same as they show. 1 old man I am real good friends and he has been raising fowl for around 60 years. The others if you live far enough away from them they will sell you exact same as they show. Sometimes the trick is order after they closed down their breedings and just buy eggs or chicks from their top 5 brood pens. I have done that with great results. I have also driven 24 hours 1 way to personally pick out fowl. This is a gentleman's sport in the USA when it was legal. There where several people willing to help anybody that will listen.

If that is what you truly believe then I feel sorry for you. Maybe it is the type of people you associate with or maybe it is the type you personally want to be. I will admit there is some that will just screw you over. That is the ones that have been afflicted with greed. Sooner or later you will meet some honest breeders who will change your mind. Until that day comes I wish you luck because, you will never know what the sport is about until then.

Post Thanks / Like

there are no such thing as good honest breeders...we compete and we are all enemies with a burning desire to annihilate whoever is in our way...people who call this game a sport is so naive...it's a bloody self preservation that one can never be truly honest and distrust and selfishness and jealousy are rewarded...
    With due respect Sir kogmohon, I tend to disagree. You may have bad dealings in the past with some breeders but you sounded like like you were screwed with every purchase you made.Don't generalize, their are lot of good,honest breeders around, big and small. Peace and good day sir!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    So sorry you have not met the right people Lee. I must say I have met some of the most honest people through the chickens, also have met some of the sorriest. I remember when I first started going to sunset, the feeding there could be a real challenge and takes some getting used to. I had a few people in cockhouses next to me that wasnt affraid to give me some really good pointers on feeding at sunset. Probably saved me a whole year of trial and error. These same people that was helping me out was also the ones I was fighting into. They could have remained silent and just took the easier wins while I was learning the ropes, but instead they gave me guidance. Win or lose we would shake hands when we went back to cockhouse and talk about how the birds performed and what adjustments could be made in the future. This is sportsmenship at its best. That was also a place where I have seen many times entries that met each other every month, freely exchange broodfowl. It was considered an honor if another entry felt like your birds were good enough to add to there breeding program, so even though no money would exchange, the best of the best were exchanged. I have even shared a cockhouse before with entry that we knew we would probably meet, but never have a fear that any monkey business would happen to the birds while we were not in cockhouse.

Springwater,

Sunset was a special place to say the least. The people, the birds, the food. Every time I went there I had a "GREAT" time ! ! I sure do miss the getting togather with friens that one would see just about ever month (for about 7 months out of the year). I've heard quite of few of the regulars from there say how much they miss it all also.

V/r,
    Don Potter Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best way to buy chicken is to go to their farm, and pick them yourlself. I kind a understand what Lee is saying. In my opinion, i think he is saying in the philippines side. And Jay was explaining it on the U.S SIDE where the cockers shared/swapped thier chickens. This is just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

some breeders doesn't even talk to you or entertain you. this is my bad experience to that breeder in P.I. he thinks his fowls is the best of them all when in fact he has no record of winning any of the prestigious derbies like WSD or candelaria.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Gene Batia and Mr. Jerry Lawrence. Both honest, who realizes dishonesty and bad feedback, hurts business. These men are both gentlemen and honest, but their records in doing such speaks for itself.
    GOD bless you all, and as our brotherhood is always under attack, maybe we can all realize we need to work together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longknife808 View Post
    Good

Larry Romero every thing on his yard

Travis Clark

Bad

Larry Carter should of killed them soon as they arrived they were culls

Bill Morris should be a bantum dealer he sends birds 3.8 to 4.1
    That's because he doesn't breed he doesn't even have a farm he is the king of chicken peddlers.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff hudspeth the most honest breeder I've known gater is another one hes a real tough guy. Andy Roberson but he is expensive. And that's it boys sorry I now it's a short list.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: good honest breeders

Tom Hargus, OKLAHOMA, Robbie Turman, OKLAHOMA, Dale Headrick, OKLAHOMA, Jose and Raul Hernandez, CALIFORNIA, Matt Dunne, P.I., Mark Kelley, OKLAHOMA. Just a few that I know of.

Respectfully:

Cliff King

OKLAHOMA

Post Thanks / Like

Charles Stevens and Wayne Stevens

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OnPoint View Post
    james "mac" white - white owl gamefarm
    donald fontenot - timberlane gamefarm
    roy odom - pumpkin valley entry
    ray alexander - stingray entry

I cannot even believe you added Mac white for one, and Roy Odom knows his chickens, I know them too cause he used to come up and get alot of them from Andy Talley, a man that lives near me and Ive known since I was a child, he is a chicken peddler and Im sure has peddled some to Roy, thats why Roy doesnt buy as many as he did a few years ago from him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longknife808 View Post
    Good

Larry Romero every thing on his yard

Travis Clark

Bad

Larry Carter should of killed them soon as they arrived they were culls

Bill Morris should be a bantum dealer he sends birds 3.8 to 4.1

100% right on...

also above posted Rochelle Brown of redfox farms, and they are right , her and walker will send you the best they have available, I got Silver Greys from them and they were awsome, if they send you something you dont like then you just dont care much for that strains style or looks cause they send the best they got.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with you sir.....perhaps i believe that you were the honest one...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swtrhtch1925 View Post
    Ken Hutchison
    Bill Mcnatt
    Mel Sims
    Middleton Jr/Sr
    George Foster
    Cigar
    Jim Clem
    Roy Brady
    Jeff Hudspeth

thats a nice list. you dont need to personally see their fowls for you to get the good ones they have. they will give you the best they have available at that moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    So sorry you have not met the right people Lee. I must say I have met some of the most honest people through the chickens, also have met some of the sorriest. I remember when I first started going to sunset, the feeding there could be a real challenge and takes some getting used to. I had a few people in cockhouses next to me that wasnt affraid to give me some really good pointers on feeding at sunset. Probably saved me a whole year of trial and error. These same people that was helping me out was also the ones I was fighting into. They could have remained silent and just took the easier wins while I was learning the ropes, but instead they gave me guidance. Win or lose we would shake hands when we went back to cockhouse and talk about how the birds performed and what adjustments could be made in the future. This is sportsmenship at its best. That was also a place where I have seen many times entries that met each other every month, freely exchange broodfowl. It was considered an honor if another entry felt like your birds were good enough to add to there breeding program, so even though no money would exchange, the best of the best were exchanged. I have even shared a cockhouse before with entry that we knew we would probably meet, but never have a fear that any monkey business would happen to the birds while we were not in cockhouse.
    i share the same sentiment. there are a lot of dishonest breeders but there are a lot who are honest too! some might not tell you the real secret about their fowl but they will not tell you a phony story. they just wont tell you. they are not lying but they will not tell you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by purebreed8 View Post
    Guys there are a lot of new threads on people with bad experience from certain breeders. Now lets do the opposite, lets recognize the honest good breeders here in our sport. Please share your experience!
    i think the honest breeders when he give a right one what you order or what you want for bloodline not telling thats a pure SWEATER but a sweater is a cross one or telling only for money its sad.........honest i the best but where in is he.............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dunne View Post
    Butch Taylor AKA Irishcutt, only problem is he dont beed to many and getting them is harder due to his cutting back.

Cliff King Same he has cut back and stopped breeding.

Jerry Hamlin I have found him to be 1 of the most honest men about.

Gene Batia Honest as the day is long. he sent me great fowl sight unseen.

Mark AKA Slipspur I don't have his fowl but have coresponded via email many times he is a honest man as well.

I the Philippines

BEN A RARA he has sent good fowl as well to me sight unseen.

Hope this is a good start for the list. I do have others to put on the list but I will see what others have to say.

Cheers

Boss Matt,

Do you still have contact number with Mang Ben.. Used to have his numbers but my CP was lost therefore have no more contact information with Mang Ben...

Thanks in Advance..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tilus View Post
    Boss Matt,

Do you still have contact number with Mang Ben.. Used to have his numbers but my CP was lost therefore have no more contact information with Mang Ben...

Thanks in Advance..

you can try this MANG BEN RARA : 0927-9701253

Post Thanks / Like

LONGLEAF FOR ROUNDHEADS AND KELSO

P & S FOR GREY AND BLUEFACE

YOU can't go wrong with eitther of them.

Post Thanks / Like

What goes around comes around, I believe this to be true . The honest man will always have good freinds to turn to and the crook will always be looking over his shoulder.
    Some people live and learn others just live...... Or.......If you keep doing what you been doing your going to keep getting what you been getting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by signtony View Post
    you can try this MANG BEN RARA : 0927-9701253

Boss Signtony

Thanks a lot..

Post Thanks / Like

The best cocks and the best breeders names never see the light of day .They do not have fancy adds or bull**** tales to sell their surplus fowl ,but they're usually the ones leaving the 6-7 cock derbies with everybody's cash.Don't be fooled by big names and fancy ads ,they are just another name on the board when they set them on the lines where it really counts.These men do not have to advertise but their fowl but they are the most sought after in the United States

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riffraff View Post
    The best cocks and the best breeders names never see the light of day .They do not have fancy adds or bull**** tales to sell their surplus fowl ,but they're usually the ones leaving the 6-7 cock derbies with everybody's cash.Don't be fooled by big names and fancy ads ,they are just another name on the board when they set them on the lines where it really counts.These men do not have to advertise but their fowl but they are the most sought after in the United States

right on riff

Post Thanks / Like

George Neal of kentucky for sweater and kelso real honest breeder if you call him just make sure you have time to talk lol.yfis

Post Thanks / Like

gene batia and jim clem for me..... never had a doubt

Post Thanks / Like

locals, sir joey lacson will be on top of my list........

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Glenn Lim of Cebu for me...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very satisfied with Jerry (Jerold) Lawrence of JBL Farm in Pleasanton, TX.
    I've acquired 15 breeding material from him so far since December 2010 and started breeding them upon arrival. Now we have over 80 chicks running around and mostly all hen hatched. All the pullets set on their eggs and hatched about 90% of their eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't think a man could go wrong with Mark "SlipSpur" Kelley ,He's a good man and all that implies

Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody please let me know the cell number of David"Rat"graves I would like to know more about penny and bonecrusher hatch please thanks !!!!