Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: good honest breeders

Post Thanks / Like

Re: good honest breeders

How about some of the big adds in The Gamecock .Jerry Wallace -Wallace Farms,Thompson Valley Show Bird Farm-Larry Blevins. OleanderFarms-Mr. John Kelso. Alabama Special-Doug Odom. Dont believe Ive heard these big add people mentioned .Anybody got info on them?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 6 birds from Ms Rochelle of Red Fox Farm. The yellow legged McLean Hatch pullet she and her husband sent me produced awesome F1s. I crossed her to my 1/4 Asil- 3/4 Lacy RH from Jerry Lawrence. We tested 1 F1 at 8 months old against a veteran cock and he beat the cock in less than 30 seconds with only a minor cut on his right cheek. My big mistake is only buying 1 of the YL McLean Hatch hen. I wish I bought all 6 of them so I could have produced a lot of them.
    Last edited by EPG5 Backyard; March 31st, 2012 at 02:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

what about richard kelly of coalminer mugs? anybody had experience with this fella?

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good experience with Jim Clem, Bamasports, and Jim Harris of MO, but Jim is out now. There are several small timers in my area that have good fowl as well, but I won't list them here.
    Last edited by Laborerkennels; March 31st, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I beleave Mr Kerry Robertson from RnR if not the most honest proly in the top 3

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good sucess with larry hall of blue fever in the last month. I sent him an order for a brood stag and two brood hens through his website, and he called me back the next day asking me what I was looking for. I explained to him that I was just now starting back and that I had not a chicken on my yard and that whatever I got from his was going to be the start of it all. He said he would call me back and tell me something in a couple days. As he promised he called me back and told me he had something very nice for me, since I was just starting back. I asked what he had in mind, and too my surprise he told me he had a proven spangled blue cock that he would send me instead of an unproven stag. He also sent me two of the most beautiful blue brood hens i have ever seen, and along with that, he gifted me a free mcleanXblue cross hen. I havent had them long enough too test any of their off spring yet, but if it were a beauty contest they would rank pretty high, and I guess thats all I can ask for till i get some stags.

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Im gunna say BOBBY PAYTON, JF VANCE, AND SKINNY these r really nice honest guys !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not dealt with american breeders directly, but my friend who gave me materials from the states were mentioning the name of the Meneses brothers as being honest. ...Here in the Phils., I can only mention Mang Ben A. Rara, very honest and accommodating, specially to newbies.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive only dealt with mntnman and bobby payton and was really impressed with both...i will have future dealings with both .

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Gene Batia. Honest and really good person. im a beginner and hes been nothing but helpful. anytime i had any questions hes answered me, and i bother him all the time. He sells you what he shows and nothing else. Best sweaters imho.

Post Thanks / Like

Honest breeder?If he holds on to your check/money order and won't cash it until you receive the fowls you ordered and fully satisfied.He offers a refund if you are not happy with what you got.

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby Payton, Richard Torres, Jeremy Chandler! Spoke to Mr. Payton over the phone, very honest and straight forward gentleman also spoke with Jerry Chanlder another honest individual who will tell you like it is. Only had correspondences with Richard Torres but so far this guy is legit, all of them are honest as they come and will tell you straight up about their fowl. Very impressed with the trio I got from Mr. Payton, will be getting another in Aug.Sept, will be getting a trio from Richard Torres in April and also will be getting from Jeremy Chandler at the same time I get from Mr. Payton!

Post Thanks / Like

Before even thinking of getting fowl of any kind from any breeders or farms, do your research and ask around from the folks that have gotten from them or at least know the breeders you wish to acquire fowl from. It took me almost two years of just looking and researching, making phone calls and corresponding through email until I selected or decided to get from any of these breeders! Helps a lot if you have a friend that is willing to help you out and is familiar with most breeders and this friend is none other than "GUAM GAZU"...Thanks for all your help Steve!

Post Thanks / Like

i had good luck with bobby rogers riverbend farms cecil davis kelso, sent me top self birds sight unseen great guy.also had good luck with ronnie and monica amakers kelso line great birds

Post Thanks / Like

i want to buy the wine red birds without a comb.

i want the little or no comb so i don't have to cut it during winters? i dont know how it works.

where can i buy afforadable trios that are dark red in color? can anyone reccomend me to anyone to buy online? they must have little or no comb. this kind.

http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showpho...0x527-&cat=500

i want something like this

http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showfull.php?photo=92806

I want to buy a trio that makes this type of color and comb. i dont like medium / large combs.

any reputable reccomendation is preferred, as long as I know my purchase will be confirmed and birds sent to me . these colors make me drooool.

i

Post Thanks / Like

Sidney Kinsaul of Georgia

Ordered a dozen eggs from him last month. Due to some miscommunications, partly my fault too, he was not able to sent it to my fraternity brother who'll be leaving for Pinas. He did not cashed my check even though he's beeen holding it for a week. An honest man ....he is! He'll always be my man for my needs. - Jimmy

" Honest breeders really breeds honest good fowls."

Post Thanks / Like

Dwain white , Charles and Wayne Stevens of pucketts game farm, Jim Clem, and Jerry Lawrence of jbl I dealt most in person except for Mr. Jim first time I ordered by phone and iam very impressed with his roundheads well still have them guys bloodlines and will carry them till I can

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot Mr. Ken Hutchison his frost and kelsos are good crossed together even better

Post Thanks / Like

John marks of marks mugs has real good albanys. Bought two hens about 7 years ago. Were still showing them in the sk with a near perfect record. John also passed me a really nice 1/2 doc 1/2 mclean stag to help me get started. Also chris nesmith, he really helped me out. the stag i got off of chris stolen about 5 years ago. That still kills me to this day. Both these breeders were very helpful and answered all my questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had great success with the fowl I have gotten from Oscar Akins. McCleans, Greys, and Butchers. All good fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGG JOE View Post
    How about some of the big adds in The Gamecock .Jerry Wallace -Wallace Farms,Thompson Valley Show Bird Farm-Larry Blevins. OleanderFarms-Mr. John Kelso. Alabama Special-Doug Odom. Dont believe Ive heard these big add people mentioned .Anybody got info on them?
    Stay away from Thompson Valley Show Bird Farm- Larry Blevins. I ordered a pure wingate Brown Red from him he send a crossed breed.

Post Thanks / Like

jerry ellard is number one in my book. unfortunately he's no longer breeding now. i bought a pair of jap and ray price black from jim clem last nov.2011, so far i'm happy with what i saw.

Post Thanks / Like

Another one I'll give 2 thumbs up is Mr. Scotty Witham of Banks, Oregon with his signature Ruble Hatch & Allen RH.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: good honest breeders

mr skinny of skinny farms i just got back from there on my second visit hand picked some awesome fowls for my partner and the boys in hawaii,he dont bull chit like others claiming they got the mel fowls and that mel gave em this and that pure bs ,spent a few days there got a bunch to send to hawaii and he sure has helped alot of people in hawaii and guam you wont find too much people like skinny ,he went as far as sending my freind his own personel hen since he could not pair up one that would be sister brother ,he let me pick anything i wanted on the place and if i did not like it i would get another one he wanted me to be satisfied the customer!!! he treated me very well ,he is a good breeder has very healthy fowls takes damn pride on his fowls ,and if the feathers are broke on them sets em aside pulls the feathers out to grow back he wont send anyone like that ,you tell me who would go the mile to hand select caliber fowl like that ? very few mr sims told me roland skinnys super honest and a good man ,and if that comes from mels mouth its the damn truth,all i have to say is do your research they are many breeders that are willing to help you acheive your goals and help you out and they are many that will tell you all a made up story to get your money ,if you want authentic mel fowls get em from skinny direct you wont be dissapointed ,i was very happy with what i got from skinny

Post Thanks / Like

Alabama special ,stay away from them ,just a cple weeks ago a guy in south tx by the name of freddy melendez ordered a trio of greys and got the poorest fowl i've ever seen ,do pure greys come pea comb????? I don't think so, he paid 900 dlls plus shipping . He sent the fowl back today 4 10 2012 ,with a letter in it telling him how dissaponited he was and would like his money back or decent fowl,this young man and his dad saved up their money to make a good purshase not the best but at leaszt a good one,and then ppl wonder why many of us starters get discourage and just quit ,what happen to being a man of our words??????? Maybe that's another reason why this sport is falling apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man , I saw those grays and its true , they were sorry . They looked nothing like they ones in the pics I seen of his greys . I would've guess black grey or some hatch in there . Hope your friend gets his money back. Tellem to keep his head up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eastxman903 View Post
    Alabama special ,stay away from them ,just a cple weeks ago a guy in south tx by the name of freddy melendez ordered a trio of greys and got the poorest fowl i've ever seen ,do pure greys come pea comb????? I don't think so, he paid 900 dlls plus shipping . He sent the fowl back today 4 10 2012 ,with a letter in it telling him how dissaponited he was and would like his money back or decent fowl,this young man and his dad saved up their money to make a good purshase not the best but at leaszt a good one,and then ppl wonder why many of us starters get discourage and just quit ,what happen to being a man of our words??????? Maybe that's another reason why this sport is falling apart.
    i don't know if you could understand what this thread was about ..(good honest breeders)

Post Thanks / Like

Jack & Rochelle Brown / Red Fox Farm/ Great People...They send me " Awesome Silver Greys " . The best birds I have ever had, make great crosses, agressive, excellent cutting and game to the bone.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I will name some fellas that ain't big well known breeders I got my best fowl from

Mtnman (Phillip)-his cajun kelso
    Jeff Clark - his black rampuri
    Close friend Richard in North or South Carolina his wildcat blue line
    Just Starting over with some of R. Torres Black mcrea blood which I am sure I'll be very please with
    Honest guys I love dealing with, never a disappointment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    I cannot even believe you added Mac white for one, and Roy Odom knows his chickens, I know them too cause he used to come up and get alot of them from Andy Talley, a man that lives near me and Ive known since I was a child, he is a chicken peddler and Im sure has peddled some to Roy, thats why Roy doesnt buy as many as he did a few years ago from him.
    Well Mac has been good to alot of people! and i will say this I have never heard him tall down about anyone ! and if he has a problem with someone , He does not talk about it He just changes the subject.......