Thread: Treatment of Runny Eye

Post Thanks / Like

Treatment of Runny Eye

Hi Hello everyone---- I have stag which developed runny eye although it is only one eye is affected....everybody here can recommend the best medicine for this...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Treatment of Runny Eye

give him a 1/2 cc of tylan and squirt a little in the eye. ive had that problem and that has cured them. on the 3rd day if its still runny squirt a little more in the eye and that should do it. ive never had to do it more then twice. hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

Is it due to colds?? If the stag doesn't have colds or runny nose, then it might be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy015h9IaZE

Al

Post Thanks / Like

What Doc is saying in the video is if it is not colds, maybe it is caused by molds in the feeds or surroundings. You can put antibiotic ointment in the eyes but ist clean them with saline solution. You have to know what causes the problem in your chicken before treating. If it is eyeworm, you can use the one sold by excellence .oxyrid.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

I mean watery eye.....thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Tylan 50 injection for 4 days now with Amtyl tabs 500 mg but still no effect...the stag do not have any colds and flu......Anymore suggestion....

Post Thanks / Like

U Gotta Squirt Some In The Eye. Not Just Injected

Post Thanks / Like

One runny or watery eye is a classic symptom of CRD. The fact that you have no sinus mucous or respiratory rattles is a good thing but the solitary symptom still indicates CRD. Continue with the Tylan injections and a drop in the affected eye. Continue well after the symptoms finally cease to hopefully eradicate the mycoplasma infection. Treat with some form of probiotics after the antibiotic treatment. Don't be discouraged if the runny eye does not respond as quickly as you would like-chronic means long lasting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by delano77
    One runny or watery eye is a classic symptom of CRD. The fact that you have no sinus mucous or respiratory rattles is a good thing but the solitary symptom still indicates CRD. Continue with the Tylan injections and a drop in the affected eye. Continue well after the symptoms finally cease to hopefully eradicate the mycoplasma infection. Treat with some form of probiotics after the antibiotic treatment. Don't be discouraged if the runny eye does not respond as quickly as you would like-chronic means long lasting.
    Baytril.............................

fmgomez

Talking Re: Treatment of Runny Eye

Is there any fowl smell to the nostrils? If there is, then it's coryza. Unless you catch it early, the tylan will help it, but if not, the tylan won't do anything to it. You would need to try and get a hold of baytril. This is like the only thing that will help you with it. I am no vet, but this is what has worked for me. Just some knowledge I have gained through friendship.
    LOL,
    YFIS (Mike)

Post Thanks / Like

you said the fowl is strong, looks well, still there is problem..watery eye/eyes...
    if you have done all of the above and still problem exist ...why not try what i did ( same condition as to what i gave treatment one of my bird/birds)..during warm period i mean when there is sunshine 9-10am bath your bird with shampoo/..take the bird to a scratch pen to dry (before you bath or after) give 1capsule of amoxicilin(antibiotic) 250ml one of the cheapest( i think) give 1 capsule for 3 consecutive days

hope this will work for your bird.

must emphasize clean sorroundings.

Post Thanks / Like

The bird has no fowl smell of the nostrils, only watery eye otherwise the bird is strong and looks very healthy. This watery eye has been for almost 2 weeks now. I give tylan 50 for almost 6 days already with Amtyl but no effect. I will try Amoxicillin 250 or 500 and Liquamycin injection tomorrow and hope it will work....