I am developing a window based application that will help breeder manage their farm.
This program will be coded in VB.net and the data will be stored in sql database.
The resulting product is an executable and is a stand alone windows program.
Any inputs or feed backs is appreciated. Specifically, I am looking for inputs from breeders and cockers as to what information or data is needed and what functionality is desired.
Below is my Initial Scope of Work, Specification and Features Statement.
Game Farm Management System
SCOPE OF WORK:
This application design is for a Game Farm Management System. It will help breeder the identification and location of fowls through bar coded wing band or leg band and the use of bar code scanner. This application will help breeder capture and store breeds progeny information, vaccination and health records, fowl and breed attributes, fowl location information and attachment of electronic multi-media file of the fowl. The fowl and breed pit performance statistic can also be captured. It addition, fowl stock inventory, sales and pricing and customer information can be stored and manage.
This system will help the breeder run the farm effectively through the availability of accurate and relevant information which will be useful in making important business or farm decisions resulting to an improved farm operations or profitability.
• To be able to accurately identify and locate fowl.
• To be able to store and retrieve breed progeny information.
• To be able to store and retrieve vaccination and health records.
• To be able to store and retrieve physical attributes data and picture of fowl.
• To be able to store and retrieve performance metric information such as win loss ratio.
• To be able to track fowl inventory record.
• To be able to record and report sales and pricing information.
• To be able to track customer records.
• Bar coded wing or leg band.
• The individual fowl picture and video can be stored and viewed.
• Fowl progeny information on demand.
• Fowl vaccination and health record on demand.
• Pit performance statistic for each fowl or breed.
• This program can serve as point of sale system.
• This program can serve as inventory system.
• This program can serve as customer relationship management system.
• Report generations such as sales, inventory and farm operation results.
• Eliminate the need for markings.