Thread: kentucky hatch or cecil jones hatch??

Post Thanks / Like

kentucky hatch or cecil jones hatch??

Is kentucky hatch and cecil jones hatch one and the same? who is still winning with it in the big time derbies?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: kentucky hatch or cecil jones hatch??

Quote Originally Posted by acgsweaters
    Is kentucky hatch and cecil jones hatch one and the same? who is still winning with it in the big time derbies?
    I don't think they are the same, at least the family I know as Kentucky Hatch. The Kentucky Hatch that was fought at Sunset were developed by Jim Young of Kentucky. You would have to ask him exactly how they were bred. He is from my hometown in Texas and has family here. I've met and talked to him several times. I understand that they were basically Joe Goode Left Nose Hatch and Doc Robinson Hatch blended. James Pope fought some of these the year he won "Cocker of The Year at Sunset." "Superman" and "Alpo" were hell'va cocks. I've also have heard they might contain a little "Manfighter/Allison" blood from Joe goode's cousin, Jack Anderson.

Post Thanks / Like

up ko lang! the cecil jones hatch or the cecil hatch is widely used here in negros! for one lino santiago still has them. who still is winning with them here in philippines?

Post Thanks / Like

look in my gallery my kentucky hatch brood cock

[quote]I don't think they are the same, at least the family I know as Kentucky Hatch. The Kentucky Hatch that was fought at Sunset were developed by Jim Young of Kentucky. You would have to ask him exactly how they were bred. He is from my hometown in Texas and has family here. I've met and talked to him several times. I understand that they were basically Joe Goode Left Nose Hatch and Doc Robinson Hatch blended. James Pope fought some of these the year he won "Cocker of The Year at Sunset." "Superman" and "Alpo" were hell'va cocks. I've also have heard they might contain a little "Manfighter/Allison" blood from Joe goode's cousin, Jack Anderson.[quote]

thanks for the history on these mike
    Last edited by chevy1991k2500; November 18th, 2009 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky hatch is all the way

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anybody still breeding these Kentucky Hatch?

Post Thanks / Like

Just a question? Has anybody spent a lot of time with the KH- I had some KH in the 90's that seemed to do everything right they could fight and would not stop shuffling till it was over, good bodies but had a disposition like a bent****can. These birds were so mean they just could not be handled no way shape or form, they hated everything. What was different about these birds is when you would try to catch one -most roosters will fight a leg or a hand or arm while trying to corral one or get one off the roost-- not these birds they would fly straight for your face and eyes, they would be looking you right in the eye. Well I can tolerate a lot of meaness in a bird but this really was tooo much! Real good hatch but just too mean!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dragpit View Post
    Just a question? Has anybody spent a lot of time with the KH- I had some KH in the 90's that seemed to do everything right they could fight and would not stop shuffling till it was over, good bodies but had a disposition like a bent****can. These birds were so mean they just could not be handled no way shape or form, they hated everything. What was different about these birds is when you would try to catch one -most roosters will fight a leg or a hand or arm while trying to corral one or get one off the roost-- not these birds they would fly straight for your face and eyes, they would be looking you right in the eye. Well I can tolerate a lot of meaness in a bird but this really was tooo much! Real good hatch but just too mean!
    That's why I quit breeding the KH I had...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I too have heard that about the hatch lines. I have never seen a grey that would act that way. unless it was a man hater. but thats not how you raise birds IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike E. I thought that I was doing something wrong while raisin those birds, they were just flat mean. I always wondered about those, how they got so mean. It was tough to get rid of them cause they could really fight, kinda like those old spurrier hatch. I tell ya if you were the opponent
    you sure didn't want them to get a hold of ya cause they would get ahold and shuffle ya to death, they didn't care whether they was upside down on their head or what they wouldn't stop till it was over! I'm sure you could breed that out a them but I just didn't have the time. An old friend Roby White told me good hatch don't have to be mean and sent me the doc robinson hatch and he was right and the rest was history, the docs could also fight and were very gentle and a joy to raise.

11. Thanks Sly fox thanked for this post